1. Inappropriate or infringing content
- Kakao Games Europe does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, article, link or comment posted by other users in the Services, and shall not be responsible for the contents of any such message, article or comment.
- The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Kakao Games Europe. The User can report any violation of the services policies by clicking on the report icon on the Forums.
- The User shall not use the Service(s) to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually offensive, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violating of any applicable law.
- The User shall not use the Service(s) to post any advertisement, link or information regarding content which infringes the Agreement.
- The User shall not post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned or licensed by the User or by Kakao Games Europe.
- The user shall not promote illegal or illicit activities including cheating and the use of exploits.
2. Naming policy
- The User shall not use on the Website, the Forums and in the Game character names, family names, guild names, clan names and/or nicknames that are:
- Vulgar, abusive, hateful, racist, defamatory, threatening, pornographic or sexually orientated;
- Referring to inappropriate parts of the human body or bodily functions;
- Referring to drugs or illegal activities;
- Related to the Nazi regime;
- Referring to figures or activities of religious relevance
- Related to political regimes or personalities involved or suspected of violation of human rights;
- Promoting violence, ethnically or national hatred;
- Impersonating an existing person, including Kakao Games Europe officials
- Violating the intellectual or industrial rights of a third party, including trademarks.
- The use of alternate spelling, for instance by replacing letter with number, in order to violate the above mentioned rules shall be considered a violation of the naming policy.
- The user will not create additional forum accounts in order to bypass any warning, suspension, ban or purport themselves as someone else.
3. Threats to the provision of the Services
- The User shall not make threats or attempt to disturb the provision of the Services in any way including spamming, denial of service attacks, performing actions whether alone or as a group, on the Service(s), that would affect the performances of the Service(s) or the experience of other end-users of the Services.
- Kakao Games Europe reserves the right to take any actions necessary deemed necessary to maintain the integrity of the Service(s).
4. Account sharing
- The User is not allowed to share the credentials of the User’s Account with anyone.
- Notwithstanding the above, Kakao Games Europe may request from you the name of your Account for events or in order to provide you customer support. However, Kakao Games Europe will never ask you for your Account password.
5. Violation of law
- The User undertakes to respect the legislation of the country from which the User launches the Game and accesses the Services.
6. Behavioral rules and guidelines
6.1. Thread bumping
- The User shall not bump own threads. Replies to own threads with the sole purpose of moving said thread to the top of the forum can lead to a warning with the possible consequence of losing writing permissions on http://forum.blackdesertonline.com
- If the User wants to add more information to a post, the “EDIT” function can be used. It is permitted to reply to own posts once every 48h as long as the follow up post adds new and meaningful information related to the topic.
- Replies to other users posts with the sole purpose of increasing it's visibility are also considered thread bumping as well as spam and will be actioned accordingly.
- Normal replies to other users are not affected by the above mentioned rules.
6.2. Posting Etiquette
- The user shall not post in all capital letters, use excessive punctuation, flamboyant fonts etc. to draw attention to its posts.
- Using the words Kakao, Kakao Games, Pearl Abyss or any Kakao Games Europe member’s name in a topic title is frowned on.
- The user shall not use misspelled versions of inappropriate words to circumvent the swear word filter. Doing so shows the User was fully aware of the nature of the word and it will be reflected in any potential penalties.
6.3. Interacting with other users
- Post made with the sole purpose of upsetting or angering other users are not allowed. All posts have to be made in the spirit of mutual respect.
- The User shall not attack or insult other users for having different opinions or for making statements the User disagrees with. Challenging the opinions or statements of other users is permitted, attacking the person holding them is not. If the User finds the actions of other users in breach of the forum rules, the Report Function should be used in order to bring the case to the attention of the moderator team. The case will then be reviewed and appropriate actions will be taken.
- The User shall not quote posts who break the forum rules. The User is instead encouraged to use the Report Function in order to bring inappropriate content to the attention of the moderator team. Reported content will then be reviewed and appropriate actions will be taken.
6.5. Abuse of Report Function
- The user shall not abuse the report function. The report function is intended to be used to make the moderation team aware of potential breaches of the forum rules not to get revenge on other users.
- If the User finds another user behaving inappropriate several times in a short time span, the Report Function can be used, highlighting one relevant post and indicating in the notes that other threads are affected too. If the User feels a thread is out of control, one post should be reported indicating in the notes the whole thread needs attention.
7. RP Forum Rules
- The RP Forums follow a more strict rule set. Any user wishing to participate on the RP forums is advised to review the specific rules before posting.
8. Appeal Forum Moderations
- Threads deemed inappropriate to a particular forum will be moved to a more appropriate forum or even removed completely. Threads that have been removed or closed are not to be re-posted.
- The User shall not discuss specific cases of moderated posts or disciplinary actions against users on the forum.
- If the User disagrees with an action taken by the moderator team, an e-mail should be send to email@example.com.
- An uninvolved Community Manager will then review the case.