• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Re-rolling ?

OFC?   180 votes

1. 1. Are you Re-rolling off Valk?

• Staying Valkyrie
    • Warrior
    • Ninja/Kuno

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

117 posts in this topic

Posted

Just wondering, seen a lot of people talking about doing this, so I was wondering How many people are just playing Valk till awakening / the Ninja classes are out

People seem to be just playing Valk till they can change over to Warrior once awakening weps are out.

Posted

Valk is love, valk is life!!

2 people like this

Posted

Ninja awakening looks meh - waiting for Kuno

Posted

Ninja awakening looks meh - waiting for Kuno

Yet everyone who has played it says it's beastly.

What is so meh about it? Because there's no sparkly effects or weird looking hula hoop? 

I think the Ninja awakening fits looks wise. A little over the top with all those swords but combo focused, light on the spell effects and movement / teleport centric. Like a ninja should be. 

Posted

Valkyrie forever. My first and only love. FOREVER! SWORD! SHIELD! LANCE! LOVE IT ALL!

Posted

valk is one of the few classes that doesn't change playstyle during awakening, that alone is good enough for me.

Posted

Valkyrie the only class for me.

Posted (edited)

Valk since day one. :P

Edited by Realiztik

Posted

Why change class ? More over, why waiting if there's a desire to reroll ?

Sure we have hour high and low, and there's probably no hope for an overall decent tuning (but more or less this was expected since the beginning), even with the creepy unbalance between AP and DP scaling, we perform pretty good.

Dunno if the Lance would change anything, I'm not that impressed by the videos I've seen around... Let's face it, we have to gear up a bit more than other classes, we probably end up having 2 distinct set (one DP and one AP based), and we do tons of heavy work that will never be recognize by the masses, still we can do it damn well.

Posted

Why change class ?

Because Valk is in fact the useless class and if look at KR, it will never be buffed.

Posted

Valkyrie for life, fck rerolling!

Posted

Because Valk is in fact the useless class and if look at KR, it will never be buffed.

I'm not sure where you're getting at there , you're only interested in a class because it's powerful ? 

Posted

I'm not sure where you're getting at there , you're only interested in a class because it's powerful ? 

Useless class become not fun in longer run. Reason to play the game is win and it require to play a decent class. So the power is in not the only reason, but lack of power of the class is the reason to drop it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Useless class become not fun in longer run. Reason to play the game is win and it require to play a decent class. So the power is in not the only reason, but lack of power of the class is the reason to drop it.

Debatable. I've always played tank classes, I'm pretty much used to be the "no glory guy", kill rate (or power when it comes to BDO), for me isn't a good parameter to measure how much fun I'm getting, if I want power/kill rate, I go straight for a DPS class. My role is buying time for my party to secure the kill/victory, if my char ends up dying 200 times doing that, it's perfectly fine. During Node Wars, I ended up being the one with less kills, still I was in charge of defending our fort long enough for reinforcement to came.

And it worked well.

Is winning a reason to play the game ?

Not from my point of view, my reason to play a game is to have fun and spend some time, moreover, what do we win in BDO ? So far... nothing. What do we lose ? ooh nothing here too.

If you really feel so bad about it, just take a break and try rolling another char, see if it fits you better and you have more fun. 

PS: we're not useless, we're just differently usefull ;) [and have the best look/appeal overall]

1 person likes this

Posted

game is very alt friendly to lvl 55 currently.

i plan to play every class to 55 at some point but right now i am pushing 57 on my valk.  once that happens i might stop XPing on her

Posted

WTF are you talking about Valks are so strong  before and after awekening

Posted

I have 240dp (warrior) and im being deleted by 160ap valks in one combo (100-0)

With 160ap , warriors do 3-4x less damage to valks.

And you are saying valks are useless, or has no damage? Ffs...

Posted

Debatable. I've always played tank classes, I'm pretty much used to be the "no glory guy", kill rate (or power when it comes to BDO), for me isn't a good parameter to measure how much fun I'm getting,

If Valk would be really tanky, ok. But she is not, because of how AP/DP work in this game. And as long as kill rate may not be important for tank classes, the kill/death ratio is important.

1 person likes this

Posted

WTF are you talking about Valks are so strong  before and after awekening

Yeah, strong in a 1v1 but that about it. Valk is the least played class in the game. Its so lackluster outside of 1v1, and the class feels so over balanced. Theres nothing strong about the class, and every advantage that it has comes with a even clearer disadvantage. The class isnt underpowered, its just too balanced compared to every other class in the game. We have a aoe self heal.... Except its range is really bad. We have a dash for movement... Except its on a bunch of different cooldown timers and we have to get creative and use that jump slash movement trick. We have a aoe aggro move except its range is really bad and its no where near as good as Warriors ground roar. We have a aoe buff that gives us DP but gives our teammates accuracy wtf??? Ive never had someone say thank you for the accuracy boost and barely anyone notices my aoe heal (probably because its range is so crap!). Valkyrie doesnt have anything that stands out and makes the other classes jealous. Anything we do have going for us comes with a disadvantage that is so big it cant be excused.

Posted

If Valk would be really tanky, ok. But she is not, because of how AP/DP work in this game. And as long as kill rate may not be important for tank classes, the kill/death ratio is important.

Oon this I agree, fully, there is plenty of room for improvements, our kill/death ratio is a bit screwed because DP scale really bad, unfortunately nothing will be done to paliate it, so we have to rely on other factors to stay alive and fullfill our duty (dodgin, shielding, dodging again, self-healing - yeah party effect is a bit meh). Surely ain't easy and it will become more and more difficult with people stacking APs like crazy.

All those DPS crybabies would start whining because a 400+ DP valk would be nearly impossible to kill solo (or even duo), lol, try to figure out their reactions.... considering the extreme high QI of normal people I pvp against, 99% would end up blaming you of cheating, but that's the way it goes..

Pew pew whiney play the FOTM classes and think they're special snowflakes (look at all the fuzz Sorc are doing for their Dark Flame, lol tested a sorc after patch, without prior knowledge of it, and seems still pretty OP, but each perception may be different), we're playing a way too balanced class are the real MVP of the game. Sure if DP effect was a bit more balanced things would have been really better, but as many times stated, nothing will change on that side. (just look at the non-answer given by the CM about the gear2win issue, I've translated into: "<politically correct way to say we know it's wrong but we don't care>").

Said this, do what's best for you, it's sad losing a fellow Valk player, but if you think it's the best for your fun, then do it. Don't burn the bridge behind you thou (keep your off-hands and sword), who knows, maybe one day you'll have the feeling to get back. (or maybe after a miracle, something will be done to the DP scaling... dreaming is still damn cheap ;) )

Yeah, strong in a 1v1 but that about it. Valk is the least played class in the game. Its so lackluster outside of 1v1, and the class feels so over balanced. Theres nothing strong about the class, and every advantage that it has comes with a even clearer disadvantage. The class isnt underpowered, its just too balanced compared to every other class in the game. We have a aoe self heal.... Except its range is really bad. We have a dash for movement... Except its on a bunch of different cooldown timers and we have to get creative and use that jump slash movement trick. We have a aoe aggro move except its range is really bad and its no where near as good as Warriors ground roar. We have a aoe buff that gives us DP but gives our teammates accuracy wtf??? Ive never had someone say thank you for the accuracy boost and barely anyone notices my aoe heal (probably because its range is so crap!). Valkyrie doesnt have anything that stands out and makes the other classes jealous. Anything we do have going for us comes with a disadvantage that is so big it cant be excused.

More or less you nailed the point, I feel like valk isn't overbalanced thou, because the whole AP vs DP effect, is screwing every little form of balance we may think of. Our buffs have severe limitations, the only real appreciated is the 6 seconds CC immunity, but the range is just as bad as the others.

1 person likes this

Posted

More or less you nailed the point, I feel like valk isn't overbalanced thou, because the whole AP vs DP effect, is screwing every little form of balance we may think of. Our buffs have severe limitations, the only real appreciated is the 6 seconds CC immunity, but the range is just as bad as the others.

The DP is a real shame, I end up just stacking AP and trying to have a good feel of the situation - knowing when to shield chase out of a bad situation, knowing when to righteous charge out (or as i call it, righteous escape). About the only time i hear someone say Valk is OP is when its a Warrior complaining about not being able to do as much damage as a Ranger. Even then its just really rare to hear. The other classes simply have no reason to be jealous of anything we have and yet here we are with a laundry list of things we wish we could do that other classes seem to take for granted. Cant blame people for wanting to reroll from Valk to something else, but im too invested in it to change. Its fun figuring out SoJ combos and trying to string them together in a cohesive manner, but sometimes i just say ----- it im not going to chase that Tamer.

2 people like this

Posted

I've dedicated so much time and energy into valk because she's my main, plus i love her class too much that I won't ever stop playing her. So i'll be sticking with her till the end of time :)

Posted

Staying valk, might try ninja for fun but NOT rerolling.

Posted

Just wondering, seen a lot of people talking about doing this, so I was wondering How many people are just playing Valk till awakening / the Ninja classes are out

People seem to be just playing Valk till they can change over to Warrior once awakening weps are out.

Swapping warrior here. 2handed melee has been my class of choice for the last 2 years, I quite literally only made a Valk because I couldn't stand the thought of having to grind twice as long to get the same gear as everyone else since warrior preawakening is so rough.

Even if that wasn't the case though, higher damage, better mobility and more super armor = more survivability.  Warrior outshines valk by quite a bit post awakening.  Even better, we don't have to make any new gear for it - simply swap gems for attack rather than cast speed.  Leveling to 56 is so easy now, I'm going to finish that this weekend then push just grind money on valk till awakening.  At that point I can speed the warrior up to 57/58 with the greatsword relatively quickly

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yet everyone who has played it says it's beastly.

What is so meh about it? Because there's no sparkly effects or weird looking hula hoop? 

I think the Ninja awakening fits looks wise. A little over the top with all those swords but combo focused, light on the spell effects and movement / teleport centric. Like a ninja should be. 

Actually most people I have spoke with and watched said Ninja performs better without awakening simply because how strong the class is without awakening (almost like pre-ranger nerf). 

Perhaps people are still learning Ninja's awakening, but based on what I have seen, it is not much different from pre-awakening Ninja, and the damage is sub-par at best.

My plan is to re-roll a char that is extremely efficient for grinding/PVE - and have Valk do field bosses/arena/node/siege PVP

Probably will roll a blader/warrior when awakening comes out (maybe Kuno if the awakening is strong)

Edited by PuppetYuber