• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

POLL: Bring back XP loss from PKing?

POLL: Bring back XP loss from PKing?   411 votes

1. 1. PvP game

• Yes, bring it back!
    • No
  2. 2. Should the Karma system be removed altogether to make the system fair?

• Yes!
    • No, I want to be able to grief all day and still force them to lose karma

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

203 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As we all know, Daum has ruined PvP by eliminating the XP loss when dying to another player (PK). I would love for as many people to vote in my poll.

Reasons as to why XP loss on death NEEDS to come back
- Prevent endless griefing. Players are no longer afraid of death. Killing someone does nothing, they receive no penalty and can continue griefing a spot without fear of anything.
- As of right now, the system punishes only the attacker and not the person being attacked. This defeats the whole purpose of "PvP"
- Why even have an "open world PvP" system if there is absolutely no incentive to do so? Before there was a huge incentive -- XP loss on death.
- For a game that boasts about open world PvP, it sure is very restrictive.

@CM_Jouska

@CM_Praballo

@Daum: Keep in mind that casuals come and go every 2-3 months. The real players, those who want XP loss on death back, will stay with you for years. Don't listen to the casuals.

Edited by Drafun
4 people like this

Posted

As we all know, Daum has ruined PvP by eliminating the XP loss when dying to another player (PK)

No, WE don't know that nor do WE agree. Stop whining and passing off your own opinion as that of the community's. 

39 people like this

Posted

No, WE don't know that nor do WE agree. Stop whining and passing off your own opinion as that of the community's. 

sign

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

game with pointless and unpunished deaths is just retarded, there should be penalties even for gvg deaths not just random pking

people wasting their life all over the place and waste everyone's time without a real fighting chance is -----ing pathetic. 

@PM_Belsazar @CM_Jouska how long are we going to have to endure this? put a debuff to person who has died in pvp that lasts 10 minutes and if he dies with the debuff on hes sent to town instead to node and everyone is happy. You dont have to bring back the xp loss just do something already to make pvp meaningful and to give incentive to people not to die and throw their bodies at others to harass 24/7 

Edited by Kyna
1 person likes this

Posted

I would like to hear a valid argument against bringing back XP loss on death.

The murderer loses 60k karma when killing someone. You can only kill 5 times before you go negative/red. I think it's a fair system for both the attacker and victim. The victim can fight back too you know? And the victim can also kill the attacker without losing karma, and the attacker loses 1% exp.

The whole purpose of XP loss on death was to encourage PvP and deter endless griefing. Without any sort of penalty for the person being murdered, there is no point in even PvPing. You are only losing Karma, yet the victim loses nothing. What sort of "PvP" game is this?

Once again, we need the XP loss to come back. It's fair for both the attacker and victim. Attacker loses a whole lot of karma, and victim knows to stay out of a certain area -- or risk losing EXP. Plain and simple.

Posted (edited)

There is so much wrong with the OP.

- Why even have an "open world PvP" system if there is absolutely no incentive to do so? Before there was a huge incentive -- XP loss on death.

Why would your incentive be negating other's progress? Because your a jerk? That is a terrible incentive.

Pearl Abyss has stated many times, including when they only had the KR version that PvP was meant to have a purpose. That is why there are things like node wars. PvP is not about you making others lose their progress. Think about it for a bit and let it sink in.

Of course they penalize hostile players...that's only logical. Hell they even have NPC that remind you that you don't have to fight all the time...

Edited by Luciferia
15 people like this

Posted

YES, I agree with the reintroduction of exp loss while pked.

Before that patch I was used to farm without experience, so I never lost anything and always come back to the place where I was.

I was happy they took the experience loss out, but after some time I realized it's only a fkin shit modify they done for kids crying for pk. It's an open world game and it should have a rule that exist in every normal world,"the strongest will live, the noobest die".

Right now I'm the last player able to kill someone else, I'm not oriented to pvp and I have never been able to pvp or pk anyone in any of the games I played. Right now pk lost any reason to exist, even if you don't care of get negative karma, or live with it. In any other openworld game the strongest rules on the weakest. It's a basic facts and it should come back here too.

Posted

Why would your incentive be negating other's progress? Because your a jerk? That is a terrible incentive.

Pearl Abyss has stated many times, including when they only had the KR version that PvP was meant to have a purpose. That is why there are things like node wars. PvP is nto about you making others lose their progress. Think about it for a bit and let it sink in.

Lmfao? It's a PvP game. If you're attacked you've 2 options:

1. kill the attacker, make them lose 1% exp
2. die, lose 1% exp (ie penalty) and stay out of the attackers way

If you don't want to die then 1) gear up, 2) get good, 3) stay out of higher leveled, better geared players way.

I'm not trying to ruin your progress, I'm honestly not, but if I want your grind spot I will kill you and your party. PLain and simple, that's how it works in a PvP game. There needs to be a penalty for dying to an attacker. Right now there's not.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Pearl Abyss has stated many times, including when they only had the KR version that PvP was meant to have a purpose. That is why there are things like node wars. PvP is not about you making others lose their progress. Think about it for a bit and let it sink in.

Of course they penalize hostile players...that's only logical. Hell they even have NPC that remind you that you don't have to fight all the time...

Pk should encourage the murdered to get better items, or to stay away from strong players instead of try to steal another place.

Sometimes I find dumbass guys trying to steal my place, luckly I got good defensive gear and when they see they can't kill me they go away. I never pked someone, I'm not able too, but in that case I defend like this.

If you don't like pk or you're not able to pk that doesn't mean you got no chance against pk players.

Cmon it's an open world game, it's not UNO, Tetris or even HABBO!! Well.. on Habbo you could steal other's items..

If you dislike how pk works, you'd better change game and look for another one with separate servers for pk and non pk players.

Edited by Nicole

Posted

So you want PvP-EXP loss just to be able to sit 24/7 at a PvE Grind Spot......

DAT LOGIC!!!

Pls tell the reality, anyone wanting the EXP-Loss back just want to kill a Player "ONE" Time so he goes away and the Killer can PVE in Peace.......

1 person likes this

Posted

I would like to hear a valid argument against bringing back XP loss on death.

Odd that I need to provide a valid reason against it when you haven't provided a valid reason FOR it, but whateves.

The murderer loses 60k karma when killing someone. You can only kill 5 times before you go negative/red.

And the issue with this? The karma system is there to stop players from mindlessly killing other players for no reason. PvP doesn't JUST mean killing random people but also includes RBF, GvGs, Node Wars/Sieges and duels/arena. The karma system is in place to protect those players who don't want to PvP. People who enjoy PvP and don't care about being red will still cotninue to PvP. 

I think it's a fair system for both the attacker and victim. The victim can fight back too you know? And the victim can also kill the attacker without losing karma, and the attacker loses 1% exp.

A fair system would mean that the attacker/defender have the same gear and both want to PvP. What if you're a PvE player? Or a life skill player? The attacked faces the risk of going red and the defender faces the risk of dying which is also an inconvenience. The current system is fair.

The whole purpose of XP loss on death was to encourage PvP and deter endless griefing.

Tell me, what's the difference between the system now and someone being stuck at 0% on the previous system? You say the previous system deterred griefing, but last I checked people were still griefing back then as well. Before you claim "oh but less people did it" I want to see sources and evidence to back this claim up.

Without any sort of penalty for the person being murdered, there is no point in even PvPing.

Right, because people ONLY PvP for the satisfaction of someone losing something. So with the previous system no one actually PvP'd as they had no way of knowing whether the person was at 0% XP. There you go again passing off YOUR opinion as everyone else's.

You are only losing Karma, yet the victim loses nothing. What sort of "PvP" game is this?

One where a player...can kill another player? As in player versus player? 

Once again, we need the XP loss to come back. It's fair for both the attacker and victim. Attacker loses a whole lot of karma, and victim knows to stay out of a certain area -- or risk losing EXP. Plain and simple.

No, it's not and if you don't like the current system you should probably quit the game. :) 

8 people like this

Posted

So you want PvP-EXP loss just to be able to sit 24/7 at a PvE Grind Spot......

DAT LOGIC!!!

Pls tell the reality, anyone wanting the EXP-Loss back just want to kill a Player "ONE" Time so he goes away and the Killer can PVE in Peace.......

Did you even read the topic or have any knowledge of the games PvP system at all?

I wish I could PK 24/7. But I can't. You can only kill/PK 5 times before you go red.

Death to a PKer needs to have a punishment. Otherwise the weaker players will lose nothing on death, and have no fear of higher/stronger players. And grief, grief a whole lot.

Posted

yea and when i get some pve piece of shit that's throwing his body at me after 250 deaths (IT HAS HAPPENED TO ME MULTIPLE TIMES) he's not negating my progress? The double standards and hypocrisy and bullshit from the pve community is just ludicrous. 

You people can't argue because there's no sane argument against making pvp the way it currently is.

It promotes endless harassing by kids with too much ego and pride that can't accept their defeat so they constantly respawn to node and come back and do anything they can just to delay and hinder you. They don't care that they aren't gaining anything as long as they are delaying you. This is the every day reality i have to face in the game right now. 

Pvp needs to have consequences, a game in which death is unpunished is the most -----ing retarded thing ever. You can play the game with your nose and there wont be any consequences like how retarded is that? 

also the whole "negate other's progress" in an open world mmo statement is a huge -----ing joke, why should i care about your progress? do you care about my progress? if so let me give you my paypal account and you're free to prove that you care about my progress in the form of a material donation, otherwise you're just a hypocrite.

Competitive pvp mmorpg in which people race against time and against others to get more skilled and geared and be able to win fights because that's the point of every online game made , EVER? 

BDO has so many problems (most notable one being the FAKE/rigged RNG and the desync) that already make people lose their minds and now we have to deal with this pvp/pk bullshit too which is yet another huge issue and a hit to the game and this one is purely daum's fault for not presenting the issues to pearl abyss properly and in understandable manner or just PA are the biggest morons on the planet. I can't tell who's fault it is but the other day after a guy came back to harass me 250 -----ing times over the course of 5h+ nobody seemed to care

Posted

It's a PvP game.

Yawn. This again. It's not a PvP game. just repeating the same lies over and over again doesn't make them true.

Posted

Deaths are not pointless.

You can still lose crystals, and we all know how much the good ones are worth and how rare they are. Obviously, griefers might not always have crystals in their gear. This is most likely due to that reason that they might lose crystals due to griefing and getting killed.

Technically, this gives the attacker the advantage.

Posted

Odd that I need to provide a valid reason against it when you haven't provided a valid reason FOR it, but whateves.

And the issue with this? The karma system is there to stop players from mindlessly killing other players for no reason. PvP doesn't JUST mean killing random people but also includes RBF, GvGs, Node Wars/Sieges and duels/arena. The karma system is in place to protect those players who don't want to PvP. People who enjoy PvP and don't care about being red will still cotninue to PvP. 

A fair system would mean that the attacker/defender have the same gear and both want to PvP. What if you're a PvE player? Or a life skill player? The attacked faces the risk of going red and the defender faces the risk of dying which is also an inconvenience. The current system is fair.

Tell me, what's the difference between the system now and someone being stuck at 0% on the previous system? You say the previous system deterred griefing, but last I checked people were still griefing back then as well. Before you claim "oh but less people did it" I want to see sources and evidence to back this claim up.

Right, because people ONLY PvP for the satisfaction of someone losing something. So with the previous system no one actually PvP'd as they had no way of knowing whether the person was at 0% XP. There you go again passing off YOUR opinion as everyone else's.

One where a player...can kill another player? As in player versus player? 

No, it's not and if you don't like the current system you should probably quit the game. :) 

You are the epitome of a joke. Equal gear? What the hell? Have you ever played a grind MMO like Lineage? THis isn't Call of Duty. If you want better gear then GRIND/make silver for it. Period. Don't punish those who have better gear than you. Also, you forget that this is a PvP-oriented game, not a PvE one.

People griefed back then, sure, but they lost exp when being killed. Exp is very valuable once you're past a certain level. They had 3 choices: keep losing exp, use tears (real life $$) or go away from the grind spot. Most decided to go away from the grind spot.

You're a joke lol.

Posted (edited)

Yeah prefer if they rethink their risk factor in pvp to pve, really missed that in current mmos

If no xp loss, let it be something else that is worth thinking about before engaging pvp

Edited by Flaw

Posted

As we all know, Daum has ruined PvP by eliminating the XP loss when dying to another player (PK). I would love for as many people to vote in my poll.

Reasons as to why XP loss on death NEEDS to come back
- Prevent endless griefing. Players are no longer afraid of death. Killing someone does nothing, they receive no penalty and can continue griefing a spot without fear of anything.
- As of right now, the system punishes only the attacker and not the person being attacked. This defeats the whole purpose of "PvP"
- For a game that boasts about open world PvP, it sure is very restrictive.

@CM_Jouska

as many others had stated quit your -----ing. U are probably one of those ahole gankers that dont really care about the game functions of PvP but delighted in the mysery it caused others with XP loss. If Daum introduced a RNG box to the cash shop that gave people like u a good chance to just click it and remove 1% exp from a player Daum would be rich. Face it, your poll has nothing to do with PvP but only your desire to cause mysery. I too will share this lovely bridge i found with you

image.jpeg

6 people like this

Posted

Maybe go halfsie's, have EXP loss on set days and no EXP on others.

Posted

Also, you forget that this is a PvP-oriented game, not a PvE one.

Here you go again. It really isn't a PvP oriented game. you're thinking of Guild Wars

Posted

No, i already hate this game enough with its new forced gathering mandate, dont need people to widen the level gap with their new found ability to shit all over people because rng has blessed them with tri gear.

Posted (edited)

Fact is there needs to be a penalty for dying to a PKer. Period. Right now there is none AT ALL, which means someone can grief a spot all day long. Literally.

PKers get a huge penalty for killing someone. -60k karma. But the murdered get none. How is this a fair system? It's not. There needs to be some sort of risk-reward. Right now it's only risk-risk for the PKer.

Edited by Drafun
1 person likes this

Posted

CAPSLOCK dosn´t make it more valid, get over it, People allready votet no.

DEAL WITH IT!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

They should make it so you can loot the person's silver or a portion thereof. Bringing back XP loss is a stupid idea. Make other incentives.

Posted

One of two things should happen in my opinion.  The penalty should be brought back or the kharma system should be eliminated entirely.  The kharma system serves no purpose if you lose nothing from PvP deaths.  When negative consequences from player caused death were in place, the purpose of kharma was to detract a player from repeatedly killing another player.  I can't think of any other video game that had a system similar to kharma while simultaneously having no penalties for being killed by another player.

Bring back death penalties or abolish kharma!

1 person likes this