• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Wizards and Rangers are OP

64 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Not sure if your trolling or going full retard but i'm going to say both. 

No m8, youre just dumb as ----- if you cant beat wiz and ranger..  ESPECIALLY As Musa/Maehwa with how fast they move..... ...... ... Or maybe no animation cancel knowledge? Does your little head hurt from thinking? ouch

Either way, Cool story bro.

EDIT: Just saw Your Valk. Since im a Valk main.... You cant beat ranger or a wiz..? Are u -----ing kidding me? ( sorry no laughing with tears down my face emote)

( Wait until u get your awakening and one shot everyone with that damn jump skill and everyone then cries how op and broken u are even though youre not, gg)

Edited by XkiviX

Posted (edited)

Move fast or not... some skill for example wizz don't work correct (don't remember name). 1 skill on CD deal less dmg (description skill) but wizz can just spam this skill even on CD and he always will deal 100% dmg, with this "ball" to return mana he can just spam like hell ;)... same dmg pvp like pve. That why NOW wizz are OP but realy... class is good like player who play but some class got bugged skill and they don't work correct. Same with Ranger... some skill don't work correct but this is daum, they give new content but don't fix problem. Ranger with awakening is ugly...

Awaykening will change alot... most advantage for warrior ;)... almost all warrior run only with awakening.

Edited by Niebieski

Posted

This waiting on awakenings is like looking for a holy grail. It will help a bit, but it will does not balance, because of:

They are overpowered because they can do more damage than everyone else.

And they are range. The highest DPS + range (and even + AoE) is just broken combination.

And add ot it fact we have to waste almost half year in game with completly broken balance what favorise just 2 range classes all the time.

Posted

Move fast or not... some skill for example wizz don't work correct (don't remember name). 1 skill on CD deal less dmg (description skill) but wizz can just spam this skill even on CD and he always will deal 100% dmg... same dmg pvp like pve. That why NOW wizz are OP but realy... class is good like player who play but some class got bugged skill and they don't work correct.

Awaykening will change alot... most advantage for warrior ;)... almost all warrior run only with awakening.

THIS. -----ING THIS.

Awakening means so much for any character so we should just simply stop the discussion of whats OP and what is not until awakening comes out. We wont know until every class gets their awakening.

K? Ok good.

Posted

Rangers are far from OP. You must be low level fighting someone 60+ with 16+ gear if you think rangers are OP.

2 people like this

Posted

Agreed. WTB awakenings.

Posted

People who say ranger is OP don't play a ranger. 

Nerf witch/wizard or RIOT

This man is right. Admittedly my ranger was OP when the game first came out, however with the past several nerfs that this class got it is far from what it used to be. 

Still competetive but I would say that any class out there can stand its ground fairly well against a similarly geared ranger.

Melee classes are clearly at a disadvantage, however if a zerker/warrior manages to catch a ranger by surprise the fight will be over fast (say when I'm grinding ogres and I get sucker punched).

Posted

This waiting on awakenings is like looking for a holy grail. It will help a bit, but it will does not balance, because of:

And they are range. The highest DPS + range (and even + AoE) is just broken combination.

And add ot it fact we have to waste almost half year in game with completly broken balance what favorise just 2 range classes all the time.

OH WOW! In korea its been out for over a year if not 2 now with the same balance.  W-A-I-T F-O-R A-W-A-K-E-N-I-N-G Then cry about balance.

Posted

I love when someone says

''Ranger is not op,you are bad''.

Oh yeah,Because spamming shotguns,jumping and sliding all over the place seems balanced right? (Not even talking about you don't need to actually aim like other classes).

Same for wizards,i have already played as wizard,faking easy class.

AND PLEASE,STOP saying awakening is balanced,it's ''not'' class balance... It's more like anyone can 1 shot anyone -___-

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You.. are bragging about 160Ap post-Valencia?

Dude, you don't even hit the "average" gear mark.

A properly geared full AP Giant can clear mobs faster than any class. Fact.

Also Witches & Rangers are not OP, they just require skill to catch and kill.

Edited by Drafun

Posted

They're not OP it's just the gear gap is real right now.

Posted

Rangers are crazy good, assuming you know what you're doing and don't just spam shotgun. Overwhelmingly seem to be considered the strongest in KR for pve/pvp both, going by polls. Excellent awakening. 

Posted

They're not OP it's just the gear gap is real right now.

Most likely this. Rangers are so easy to crush lol

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

THIS. -----ING THIS.

Awakening means so much for any character so we should just simply stop the discussion of whats OP and what is not until awakening comes out. We wont know until every class gets their awakening.

K? Ok good.

Save for the fact that wizards and witches were explicitly already buffed in our version to be on par with awakening. We already know the classes is tiers above the rest without our awakening, and if there were no plans for the class to get an awakening your rationale would be reasonable. However we know their awakening is currently in development, therefore unless their awakening is ridiculously nonviable and weak it would just make them at least a tier above the rest. We have no real time table when we get these weapons, "Soon" is rather subjective, more aptly put eventually is the most appropriate answer.

The recent response from the Dev team regarding class changes to appease the masses only becomes more confusing when you have classes that have been blatantly abusing certain mechanics that are questionable. Allowing one to have them without any  real repercussion while the others do not. Also I've read through a fair bit of the changes to wizards,  they got quite  a bit of damage buffs, cooldowns lowered and super armor frames (yea more than one on more than one ability). Super armor is a very potent affect, how is it then that you have a class have such an ability, with decent mobility and high damage and decent sustain? Wizards/Witches kit seems overloaded, it does too many things well. That alone is grounds for some changes, being "OP" is just something easy to point to. When you break down their capabilities you can see how the class inherently can be very problematic, with such a low skill ceiling and potent abilities.

Edited by Nexius

Posted

I played wizard to 53 and ranger to 51.

I agree Wizards are OP, but, my ranger kills shit much faster and h'es 51. And yes I'm making this analysis with the same mobs.

And he's not +15 yet either.

TL;DR - Rangers > Wizards

Posted

You all suck, git gud then maybe you will have 300 points.

The only reason why wiz and rangers are 'op' is because theyre easy to play.

Instead crying over how OP other classes are, practice and master your own class while you wait for awakening..

But nah crybabies will cry... oh yeas..

Crybabies will cry

That point is retarded and true. Thats the stupidity of the system right now. Why cant the Warrior character be as easy as the no brainer gandalf and ranger class? 

Posted

Ever run into one of those grind groups that are looking only for Wizards and Rangers? Just because they can clear mobs faster than pretty much everyone. I don't blame them, sitting at 160 AP on my Musa, a ranger with 140 or a Wizard with 140 added with their fast cast speed buff and passive +20 AP can clear faster than me or anyone Valk, Warrior, Tamer or Berserker with the same AP.

Its funny that there is more Liverto Staff and Bow than there are Blade, Short Swords, Long Swords, axe and amulet combined. That is a combination of 7 classes right there.

I mean... its just a coincident right? All the rangers and wizards just got luckier than all the other 7 classes combined.

I mean... ever get into a red battlefield and it just seems like 80% of the players are Wizards and Rangers? It's just a coincident... really I mean... its just a coincident.

Oh i'm kidding myself. This game will never be balance.

They are overpowered because they can do more damage than everyone else.

inb4 l2p

And  sorcs

Immortal all time ;) GG  DAUM

Posted

This man is right. Admittedly my ranger was OP when the game first came out, however with the past several nerfs that this class got it is far from what it used to be. 

Still competetive but I would say that any class out there can stand its ground fairly well against a similarly geared ranger.

Melee classes are clearly at a disadvantage, however if a zerker/warrior manages to catch a ranger by surprise the fight will be over fast (say when I'm grinding ogres and I get sucker punched).

Yes, rangers are mostly strong in GvG node war scenarios because of sustained damage and constant pressure on the enemy. Where before we were more of a glass cannon. Melee classes use of iframes and mobility absolutely crap on rangers. When awakenings come out we will be better of as far as mobility. Only reason rangers get a lot of points in RBF is because of last hits and having consistent damage out on opponents aka more likely to get that last hit. Also because many people in this game focus frontline for some reason and I can sit in the back and free cast then they scream ranger op 

I love when someone says

''Ranger is not op,you are bad''.

Oh yeah,Because spamming shotguns,jumping and sliding all over the place seems balanced right? (Not even talking about you don't need to actually aim like other classes).

Same for wizards,i have already played as wizard,faking easy class.

AND PLEASE,STOP saying awakening is balanced,it's ''not'' class balance... It's more like anyone can 1 shot anyone -___-

Anyone spamming shotgun is a bad ranger. You are locked in a very predictable motion backwards when you shotgun. Good players whom I play against often will see shotgun and immediately get a CC off on me. Also shotgun does not do anywhere near the damage it used to so if its melting you you are very undergeared. And where this "Not even talking about you don't need to actually aim like other classes" is 100% a troll so gtfo. 

We have some of the worst mobility compared to make classes who can iframe to close distance or sprint toward us. The only time ranger can 1 shot someone is if they severely out gear them. please learn about the game a little before posting nonsense. 

Posted

Sorry Witch and Wizard are not top tier grinders.

Ranger/Zerker/Tamer are the fastest PVE grinders...... Witch only has CC and big AOE not raw damage output.

Posted

Sorry Witch and Wizard are not top tier grinders.

Ranger/Zerker/Tamer are the fastest PVE grinders...... Witch only has CC and big AOE not raw damage output.

Witch only has CC and big AOE not raw damage output.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

2 people like this

Posted

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

IM sorry you think its funny.... but my first and highest level character was a witch.... With lower ap I could clear faster on ranger, tamer and zerker.  It's a little better now that MMA has no CD but still slower.

1 person likes this

Posted

Balance is garbage, some classes clear mobs 3x times faster than others 

1 person likes this

Posted

Every class has its role in node war/siege war. If you ever tried to 1v1 a witch/wizard, you will realize they are not OP. 

Posted

Also Witches & Rangers are not OP, they just require skill to catch and kill.

lol you dont need skill to catch a ranger or wizard. What you need is luck, desync makes melee classes obsolete in pvp... literally no reason to play melee class for pvp unless you roll the fotm zerker

Posted (edited)

I don't find them particularly OP .... I just notice that all of my fights as a Melee class ... against most other Melee classes ... ARE DEPRESSING.

It's painfully obvious that our attacks deal a lot less damage to human players than they typically deal to Mobs.   Ranged isn't OP.... Melee is just U.P.

When I 1v1 a Ranger meanwhile,  It's literally them going "HAHA!  I can damage you a LOT, but you can't damage me hardly at all even though I'm 100% Glass!" 

But my favorite to date probably, LAST NIGHT, during a 3 hour node war... 2 wizards in my Guild, each went like 250 kills to 35 deaths.   I meanwhile had only 30 deaths , but only got 5 kills.  ....I've been playing Class based shooters and MMO's for like 15 years now.   I have NEVER in all my years seen such lopsided Kill ratios!   I mean I always suspected that this game was somewhat Carebearing to Ranged, but I had no idea that the results would be this disparate

And before I hear more "GEAR UP" or "L 2 PLAY SCRUB" comments... well, I don't think it's just Gear/Build here that's the problem.  No I think it's actually that we melee are basically no different in our Defensive options from Ranged classes.   AND THAT'S THE PROBLEM.   ..hear me out on this for just 1 minute.   What do we melees get as extra Defense?   Nothing but the Accessories we choose, and the Shield/Parry we can only employ while not attacking or dealing any DPS.   And what happens the instant we get Bound/Pinned?  That's right, we can't even Block/Parry anymore.  We just sit there helplessly no different from a Glass Cannon getting Critted all to hell.  Do we get more Resistances than a Glass Cannon???  NOPE.  ...well we might have 1 or 2 skills that are supposed to raise our resists, but they're on like several minute Cooldown timers.   Do glass cannons have their CC's on several minute long cool downs??  NOPE.   The trade offs here just aren't equal.  Far from it.  We need more Resistance-buffs attached directly to our Skills.  We need our DP gear to scale different stats than the acc/end/evasion that disproportionately helps Ranged classes.  ...Scale things like +Heal, +Resists (especially against slows), Grapple range, and probably the most important one:  CRITICAL RESISTANCE!

We could get there to a more active and balanced meta without just directly nerfing everyone else's damage.  It doesn't have to be a long W.O.W'ian streak or Nerfs for everyone.  Melees just need their goddamned Roles in this game carved out into being something unique instead of constant punishment

Edited by iller
3 people like this