• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

21,481 posts in this topic

Posted

Get back to grinding, we need gear! ;)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Also wanted to add that with this respawn timer, assaulting a base felt a lot more like actual sieging. Because you really want to avoid dying, everyone was trying to play really safe while waiting for opportunities to come up to push in. A lot of the time we were just circling outside Morghullis' base trying to pick people off and generally having people throw ranged stuff at each other and at buildings while waiting for the right moment to go all in. Every time we tried to rush in without organizing properly in order to try and quickly destroy new recovery centers flame towers and hwachas they were building we got punished for it pretty hard and would lose a bunch of people and had to retreat a bit to regroup.

Edited by Kazx
3 people like this

Posted

Then you Teki do my university project! :D kk ty! Must be in Spanish though, so good luck with that.

Posted

Also wanted to add that with this respawn timer, assaulting a base felt a lot more like actual sieging. Because you really want to avoid dying, everyone was trying to play really safe while waiting for opportunities to come up to push in. A lot of the time we were just circling outside Morghullis' base trying to pick people off and generally having people throw ranged stuff at each other and at buildings while waiting for the right moment to go all in. Every time we tried to rush in without organizing properly in order to try and quickly destroy new recovery centers flame towers and hwachas they were building we got punished for it pretty hard and would lose a bunch of people and had to retreat a bit to regroup.

I'm a little interested to see other guilds perspective on it now also. As far as I'm aware we are the only current siege guilds to have tried it.

However if you get a castle defending it just got a whole lot easier!

Then you Teki do my university project! :D kk ty! Must be in Spanish though, so good luck with that.

yo no hablo espanol :o

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I wish this was true.

Numbers don't make that impact anymore, gear does. It's reasonable since people that spend more time into the game get more chances to win, just like Enemy. Quality over quantity.

yep me too, just look at harmony ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Xe0
1 person likes this

Posted

Im at work :( or else I would be grinding :3

Posted (edited)

Its true. Them going mediah was great.

But i rly have hard time respecting the decision to back out of a fight when you can push a draw. No matter what the reasoning is.

I guess you can call it pride

Edited by MoZex

Posted

But i rly have hard time respecting the decision to back out of a fight when you can push a draw. No matter what the reasoning is.

sometimes theres much hidden happening under the sheets

Posted

sometimes theres much hidden happening under the sheets

No matter what the reasoning is g.

Big boys dont roll over

Posted

Allthough its your opinion that we could push a draw. Only 40 minutes left, and it was a GG.

Posted

Allthough its your opinion that we could push a draw. Only 40 minutes left, and it was a GG.

Well dont get me wrong, im just projecting my pov.

I thought you were able to push the draw. If you werent then i guess its an ok move. I wasnt there. So sorry if i missread the fight

Posted

No matter what the reasoning is g.

Big boys dont roll over

it takes a big boy to know when to roll over

Posted

There was a vote after (2 hrs 30 mins) of staying try to get a draw or just give a node, i for one voted to give the node to Enemy, why? 

Cuz we had numbers and they had gear but still they were a little more organised with the new system cuz with numbers comes a mess especially when you are training new shotcallers, you mention that we had the numbers but it isn't about this anymore, i had lots of engages where i was 1v3 even 1v5 of Enemy lol cuz it is the new meta now, you clear in groups fast and you target lone players if you spot any, in FPS game we call it (team shots), i really enjoy the new system despite it does favour gear but we all getting there, after all that i felt it would be a **** move to vote no and try to draw it not like they couldn't take it eventually.

P.S if one small node war between 2x guilds took 3 pages? can't wait for merge xD

What happened to "thanks naughty you finally made me quit" lol

You didn't finish the job , yet.

Posted (edited)

Well dont get me wrong, im just projecting my pov.

I thought you were able to push the draw. If you werent then i guess its an ok move. I wasnt there. So sorry if i missread the fight

Basically from our pov it looked like Enemy were toying with us as we felt they could have attacked the base (understood now it was just there stratergy) and destroyed most of it a lot sooner. As they would get a good chunk of our force down then retreat.

In hindsight we probably could have gone for a draw, but at the time it just looked like we were getting farmed and with the 2 minute timer it was just frustrating. Obviously it's the first fight and we need to adapt to that now.

However drawing is just a loss for both guilds, Enemy deserved the node to do so well with 17? less people. So why not :D

BRING ON ZE MERGE

EDIT: Anybody know how they are taking this new mechanic in other regions?

Edited by Tekeii

Posted

What happened to "thanks naughty you finally made me quit" lol

server merge you know. makes it hopefully interesting again.

1 person likes this

Posted

it takes a big boy to know when to roll over

big boys dont roll over

There was a vote after (2 hrs 30 mins) of staying try to get a draw or just give a node, i for one voted to give the node to Enemy, why? 

Cuz we had numbers and they had gear but still they were a little more organised with the new system cuz with numbers comes a mess especially when you are training new shotcallers, you mention that we had the numbers but it isn't about this anymore, i had lots of engages where i was 1v3 even 1v5 of Enemy lol cuz it is the new meta now, you clear in groups fast and you target lone players if you spot any, in FPS game we call it (team shots), i really enjoy the new system despite it does favour gear but we all getting there, after all that i felt it would be a **** move to vote no and try to draw it not like they couldn't take it eventually.

P.S if one small node war between 2x guilds took 3 pages? can't wait for merge xD

You didn't finish the job , yet.

Well thats fair enough. I havent experienced the new mechanics.

Im talking for myself when i say im to proud to take a loss and give a node to whoever when having the abilty to push for a draw.

Basically from our pov it looked like Enemy were toying with us as we felt they could have attacked the base (understood now it was just there stratergy) and destroyed most of it a lot sooner. As they would get a good chunk of our force down then retreat.

In hindsight we probably could have gone for a draw, but at the time it just looked like we were getting farmed and with the 2 minute timer it was just frustrating. Obviously it's the first fight and we need to adapt to that now.

However drawing is just a loss for both guilds, Enemy deserved the node to do so well with 17? less people. So why not :D

BRING ON ZE MERGE!

Aight i understand

Like i said i would push the draw but i can understand your reasoning. Looking forward to how the new mechanics gonna play out for us.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Your forum title though, that's like having your ex-girlfriends name tattoo'd on your arm. :P

#feelsbadforharmonyman

big boys dont roll over

Technically that's all big people can do ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Tekeii
2 people like this

Posted

Why. What are we doing ingame? We are grinding! and I am with Harmony. So I grind with Harmony, dont I :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Your forum title though, that's like having your ex-girlfriends name tattoo'd on your arm. :P

#feelsbadforharmonyman

Why. What are we doing ingame? We are grinding! and I am with Harmony. So I grind with Harmony, dont I :D

#feelsbadforharmonyman not xD

Edited by SillySin

Posted

Hope you come to enjoy the game again, cuz I like your videos :/

Posted

I'm a little interested to see other guilds perspective on it now also.

Can't really give you a guild's perspective, but my personal perspective is that this change is good. It pushes people to stop running around like headless chickens, dying to flametowers and hordes of enemy. Pushes people to regroup properly and attack in mass. For those with bad organization it INSTANTLY shows and punishes them for that bad organization, and for those that are able to stick as one unit - it rewards them. Not to mention that I have never seen "tactical fall back" in BDO until yesterday performed by any guild, most people just preferred to die and respawn, not so much anymore.
It might seem frustrating to those people that are dying too fast/bad at reading other classes or end up dying to random one-shots, but it is what it is, gear gap always played a huge role in this game. This change will probably end up "forcing" people to actually employ proper teamplay and start protecting cannonsquads, employ more cannons in general to get rid of annoying defense buildings. I have even witnessed someone ASIDE from myself employing infantry traps for the first time yesterday (stun traps are OP as fk).
Overall - it slows down sieges, yes. It might be less fun in terms of meat-grinder kill everyone slaughterfest, but it's still fun, and taking a base against higher-number opponent isn't such a dream anymore, even if you won't be able to do it in one push.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

#feelsbadforharmonyman

#feelsbadforharmonyman that moving is back with them. Never get back together with an ex ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Lyano
1 person likes this

Posted

yep me too, just look at harmony ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You know right it is also easier to have control of 30 people than 100 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You guys just often over react everything because of some numbers, you don't even know what a zerg truly is.

Posted

You know right it is also easier to have control of 30 people than 100 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You guys just often over react everything because of some numbers, you don't even know what a zerg truly is.

You played in another region right?

How is the general population over regarding this new mechanic? Do they like it or?

Posted

yup but its much harder to zerg in this game. Just bcs the mechanics. Its possible but its much harder to blob compared to AA or ESO for example. We need better raiding mechanics in this game