• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

21,481 posts in this topic

Posted

I deserve an Oscar for the bait of the century

I would give you an oscar for dying at calpheon on the rock and not respawning for remaining 2h. Dedication not to miss a second of the fight.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I would give you an oscar for dying at calpheon on the rock and not respawning for remaining 2h. Dedication not to miss a second of the fight.

I guess you could say I was bored to death, should've gone to valencia

Edited by LoneWolf
6 people like this

Posted

How dare you insult Grind master race! 

2 people like this

Posted

tl:dr assumption of Grinds advantages:

- recruiting strong hardcore players from other guilds

- Game knowledge advantage over the other guilds, when it came to tactics, consumables, classes etc

- Leadership and shotcalling (I was never in Grind and never heard how it was done so this is simply just an assumption)

I remember seeing Grind in open beta, they were all over the rankings.  I guess they had a lot of knowledge about the game from early on compared to the majority of the playerbase.

You can't really compare Grind with Ember tho because back when Grind existed all?most? awakenings were not around, compared to now where 1 well geared wizard can insta kill 10 ppl in 1 ult.  

The game back then was much more competitive imo.

7 people like this

Posted

Yep. Miss those +15 times. But in a few months, everyone will have TET..

oh wait right, Kakao will intoduce smth new....

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

if its not too much of derail of the topic. I am actually very interested in what exgrind members are thinking lead to Grind's massive succes. From just an outsiders perspective it was very easy to fall on the hate-train because of jealouse, and find the easy way of blaming numbers, gear and other excuses. So im very interested in hearing what old grind actually had, that Ember these days would not have (to bring it up to Lonewolfs statement about Ember today is stronger, atleast in his eyes, than Grind ever was)

From my point of view, lookin at Grind from the outside they had advantage in shotcalling(?) and leadership in general. If this was because they had an advantage in understanding this game's unique mechanics for pvp I cant tell. From what I understand they had people playing in KR and RU versions for a while, and spreading the knowledge internaly gave an early advantage, I would assume. Atleast vs people like me, who it took months to be paired with other players who could give direction as to how to optimice the pvp part of the game, and to this day still learns week by week.

As for their numbers, I dont think anyone can take anything away from the core of the Grind players and the good likeminded people they recruited later on. But wasnt there a trend back on Jordine where strongest people in rival guilds were getting poached by Grind, maybe not with the intention to weakend the competition but in the end being the result?

tl:dr assumption of Grinds advantages:

- recruiting strong hardcore players from other guilds

- Game knowledge advantage over the other guilds, when it came to tactics, consumables, classes etc

- Leadership and shotcalling (I was never in Grind and never heard how it was done so this is simply just an assumption)

Precisely that, it was a huge combination of things, including some really well done multitasking that helped several times immensely when fighting severely outnumbered, which was quite a common thing at least at some point despite what most haters would like to say. More or less any aspect a sieging guild should focus on was on a very high level, but not necessarily at the top it could be, for example the average gear, but it mostly was about all things being properly covered.

At the same time Ember ( at least the Dishonored part ) really enjoys a level of gear that even us tryhards that are still there from Grind/Harmony sometimes can't match, which makes them close to immortal for a guild that is semi hardcore and full of casuals ( no offence, nothing wrong with that ), and that's why i said that any opinion given from their opponents on such a scenario is close to worthless. The closer they get to a 1v1 scenario with a guild that can't kill them and the easier is the win for that, just like it's incredibly easy for them to lose outnumbered ( and they did even against guilds that aren't really top ) when they need to employ siege mechanics and/or various raid strategies that they apparently completely ignore.

We're basically talking about a one trick pony, a very good trick mind you but still something that disappear should they fight something that at least closely match their gear. They're not stupid, they're refusing to tackle some territories for a reason. 

A bait is intentional, ignorance isn't :) 

Yep. Miss those +15 times. But in a few months, everyone will have TET..

oh wait right, Kakao will intoduce smth new....

HEX!!!

Edited by Sheranna

Posted

Didn't most of Zer0 go into Enemy?

Posted (edited)

The game back then was much more competitive imo.

back in my days ha.

Edited by SillySin

Posted (edited)

4 went to Enemy

~30 or so went to Oldskool.

But we cool with each other.

Edited by Certify

Posted

back in my days ha.

Twas though. Alone for the lack of viable grinding spots (Sausan battles, calph shrine battles, etc)

Posted

Most of them is in Oldskool no?

Posted (edited)

Oldskool. We have just a few.

Edited by Sheranna

Posted

back in my days ha.

back in my day i was a 1v1 god in Ultima Online with my cable connection.

1 person likes this

Posted

Aw okay!

4 went to Enemy

~30 or so went to Oldskool.

But we cool with each other.

Posted

Cron Castle ( t3 ):

Wasted  (51) vs Revoit (around 30-40?) vs REBELLICIOUS (around 20?)

We finished REBELLICIOUS first while defending from Revoit.

Revoit fell after around 35minutes in the war.

gg wp

1 person likes this

Posted

Cron Castle ( t3 ):

Wasted  (51) vs Revoit (around 30-40?) vs REBELLICIOUS (around 20?)

We finished REBELLICIOUS first while defending from Revoit.

Revoit fell after around 35minutes in the war.

gg wp

Good to see new Guilds(Rebellicious)  in Node War. GF to both see you soon :)

Posted

Behr Riverhead (T1)

Varshen + Palladium Vs. Beastriders Vs. DeSync Vs. BDM

We (Varshen) fought Beastriders first, then we switched to DeSync (we were most afraid of them since @Vanspoon always posts about their wars, and they seemed like they were the strongest guild there. They were under attack, but the other two guilds pulled out which gave DeSync time to rebuild a bit. We then teamed up with Palladium and took out Desync, followed by taking out BDM together (BDM has some good cannoneers, we lost 2 buildings very rapidly). After that it became a 1 v 1 between Varshen and Palladium, which Varshen won.

Good war, friendly opponents and a solid evening! Thank you to all participating guilds, it was fun!

4 people like this

Posted

Boulder Outpost - T3

Sfora vs Zakon_VII vs Encore (empty base)

Sfora won.

2 people like this

Posted

Behr Riverhead (T1)

Varshen + Palladium Vs. Beastriders Vs. DeSync Vs. BDM

We (Varshen) fought Beastriders first, then we switched to DeSync (we were most afraid of them since @Vanspoon always posts about their wars, and they seemed like they were the strongest guild there. They were under attack, but the other two guilds pulled out which gave DeSync time to rebuild a bit. We then teamed up with Palladium and took out Desync, followed by taking out BDM together (BDM has some good cannoneers, we lost 2 buildings very rapidly). After that it became a 1 v 1 between Varshen and Palladium, which Varshen won.

Good war, friendly opponents and a solid evening! Thank you to all participating guilds, it was fun!

gg < 3

Our Base was in a problematic spot from the beginning, cause both BDM and Palladium focused as since before you even focus at BeastRiders. 
Varshen had immense advantage since the beginning due to their position.
We came over just for the pvp, and my hope was actually to play with you 1v1, cause we never had a chance.
The decision not to rebuilt anything but the hwacha was for the sake of the pvp and mostly cause we hate being turtles in a NW.

// The guys picked the spot just to troll me, cause they call it "Ramonna's Garden" <3
/// We are actually in a rebuilding process and we can't aim for more than T1. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Lynch Ranch (T1) 

Pyrolyse  vs ThelynEnnor vs Interesting vs Urna vs High_Dawn vs SoulReaper

no winner at the end, node is still free

thx @all for the nice fights :-) 

Edited by wolfsmond76
1 person likes this

Posted

Good to see new Guilds(Rebellicious)  in Node War. GF to both see you soon :)

Thanks mate, it was fun! But we have been around since April 2016 and we have been involved in node wars on a weekly base since they are in the game. So we are not that new. ;-)  How ever, we are an all round and not a dedicated PvP guild. We used to go for T1 nodes. But lately the hard core guilds seem to want those more then the T2 and T3. A bit annoying to see guilds with over 50 high end PvP’ers and their elephants on a T1 node. It has been ages since we had a decent and balanced fight: since the merge we are usually outnumbered by 3 or 4 against 1. Nevertheless, we always have fun and a lot of laughs in node wars. But I do hope Kakao will look at balancing them better.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks mate, it was fun! But we have been around since April 2016 and we have been involved in node wars on a weekly base since they are in the game. So we are not that new. ;-)  How ever, we are an all round and not a dedicated PvP guild. We used to go for T1 nodes. But lately the hard core guilds seem to want those more then the T2 and T3. A bit annoying to see guilds with over 50 high end PvP’ers and their elephants on a T1 node. It has been ages since we had a decent and balanced fight: since the merge we are usually outnumbered by 3 or 4 against 1. Nevertheless, we always have fun and a lot of laughs in node wars. But I do hope Kakao will look at balancing them better.

Wtf is that font

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

Lynch Ranch (T1) 

Pyrolyse  vs ThelynEnnor vs Interesting vs Urna vs High_Dawn vs SoulReaper

no winner at the end, node is still free

thx @all for the nice fights :-) 

ThelynEnnor, we were waiting for you to defend your node and you went to a t1 :S That dodge.

P.S. yep, wolfsmond76 i know you are from Pyrolyse. 

Edited by Isteria

Posted

Wtf is that font

As always the savage :D 

Posted

Capotia (T2)

DeathFactory vs Inside vs Vanity vs Khaos

Khaos took out Vanity in first hour, then brought DF fort to 40% before Inside allied up with them. With 45 minutes left on the clock and enemies going 2vs1 on us, we decided to go back to the fort and chillax until the timer was over.

Enemies tried to attack, but they couldn't do much with our people back in defense.

Draw in the end.

CU next week. ^^

1 person likes this