• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

21,481 posts in this topic

Posted

This is all just stupid bullshit.

Addicted and Enemy were free, that lasted 1-2 weeks, they settled. why set them free, they'll just settle again. The only thing this does is ruining every other guilds week if they happen to be in the wrong place. Making alliances to fight Enemy is just dumb aswell, you're gonna get trashtalked, you're either a trash zerg or just trash receiving wars and getting hunted. But it's fine cuz it's all 'memeing' rite. 

If you want to make the comparison to sports, Enemy and Addicted are like Barcelona and Real Madrid in their home competition, everyone else is playing for 3rd/4th place and they're ok with that. 

I honestly don't know what you are expecting tho, mediocre guilds lose their strong members to the elitist/hardcore guilds because who cares about working for something when you can go to the already oiled machine (and get tons of money). You leave the 'plebs' behind bcuz they're 'too heavy/slow/...' and then expect them to still put up a fight. Don't complain about competition when you band together while the vast majority of the playerbase is behind and any that catch up feel to good for their mediocre guild and just come knocking on your door bcuz why wouldn't they, loyalty doesn't exist in this game. (Btw Enemy keeps saying they don't have great average GS for months now but never actually provide any proof)

And the whole afk money making kinda falls to bits when you cant leave your pc running 24/7, a point most of you are conveniently ignoring.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

snip snip snip snip snip...

I considered Vikings a competitive guild for a long time back in Alustin, maybe in those days the only real competitive guild was Sovereign and all the other guilds had to look for pvp wherever they could. VikingsOnShrooms lost really good players with the p2w waves and it became a small/medium scale guild on the last moments of Alustin and after the servermerge. When i heard that Ginnunga was merging with Vikings, creating VoS i felt happy for my old mates from Alustin coming back. And as I appreciate people like Freja I will understand that everything you said is your personal opinion and dont represent the goal that I think VoS has at the moment, becoming a competitive guild and putting themselves into the top pvp scene

All your arguments sound like whining to me, like putting excuses to don't improve your skill, to don't work on your gear and to don't get the challenge of beating better guilds than yours. With that attitude you won't never be a top player, even if VoS becomes one of the best guilds here (and I hope it will do).

Edited by GreyOne
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

snip snip snip

The only thing I've been arguing is that at the current time it's pointless for us (in my opinion) to go either Calph or Valencia, and I think the same goes for most other guilds. Not sure how you interpret that as "I DON'T WANT TO IMPROVE!". I'll gladly fight Oldskool, Sov, Morghulis, the new Resillience, the new Harmony, Millenium or any other guild around that level. All those fights are fun and teach us something, gives us stuff to improve. Having fun, such a good concept :) 

Edited by SinfulSaint

Posted

All your arguments sound like whining to me, like putting excuses to don't improve your skill, to don't work on your gear and to don't get the challenge of beating better guilds than yours. With that attitude you won't never be a top player, even if VoS becomes one of the best guilds here (and I hope it will do).

But they do challenge better guilds. They knew Oldskool were stronger than them but they went Mediah. There's just a huge difference between meeting someone slightly stronger than you, which you have a chance to beat or outplay, and meeting someone whom fighting feels like fighting a brick wall due to the #dedicationgap (i'm copyrighting this one).

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You don't challenge Addicted either? You bowed out of Calpheon as well to fight lesser guilds, after getting beaten? Why are you trying to give us a hard time for not challenging them? I'm not blaming you for not rushing there, and instead having more even fights in Mediah, so please hush.

Because that's the ONLY thing I've been arguing, that at the current time it's pointless for us (in my opinion) to go either Calph or Valencia, and I think the same goes for most other guilds. Holy shit, your reading comprehension is far below subpar if all you took away from what I've written is "I DON'T WANT TO IMPROVE!". I'll gladly fight Oldskool, Sov, Morghulis, the new Resillience, the new Harmony, Millenium or any other guild around that level. Some straight up beat us, some we beat, some we're even. But all those fights actually teach us something, gives us stuff to improve. We want to compete, we want to get better and they give us the chance to do it. Do you understand the difference to fighting Addicted in a 20 minute stomp?

Poor attempt of a flame, I give it 2/5.

I was being serious and I won't join this conversation because you just want to argue.

That "snip snip..." was refering at all your previous posts, not only the last one.

Edited by GreyOne

Posted

#dedicationgap (i'm copyrighting this one).

Copyright infringement incoming. 

#dedicationgap

Posted

You don't challenge Addicted either? You bowed out of Calpheon as well to fight lesser guilds, after getting beaten? Why are you trying to give us a hard time for not challenging them? I'm not blaming you for not rushing there, and instead having more even fights in Mediah, so I don't get the animosity.

-You don't challenge Addicted either? 

We had a GvG against them thursday, we are happy to fight them whenever we can.

-You bowed out of Calpheon as well to fight lesser guilds, after getting beaten?

We went straight to Sovereign after losing Calpheon, the ----- are you saying?

-Why are you trying to give us a hard time for not challenging them? 

We don't care

4 people like this

Posted

But they do challenge better guilds. They knew Oldskool were stronger than them but they went Mediah. There's just a huge difference between meeting someone slightly stronger than you, which you have a chance to beat or outplay, and meeting someone whom fighting feels like fighting a brick wall due to the #dedicationgap (i'm copyrighting this one).

That's why I said, if you read my post again, "I will understand that everything you said is your personal opinion and dont represent the goal that I think VoS has at the moment, becoming a competitive guild and putting themselves into the top pvp scene". I think VoS is looking for fights, to improve themselves, didn't say the opposite.

Posted (edited)

Let's let this thread go back to the meme-linking hell it usually is. I'm done :)  

#dedicationgap <3 

Edited by SinfulSaint

Posted

7439c0264f3114b1ecfa55fa8ad29918.png

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

These arguments are only ''sort of'' valid in case of 1v1 situations, there is absolutely no reason why the siege scene should be based upon 1v1 situations. In that case, its pretty obvious that not a single guild currently can beat one of the current castle owners and thus would force each and every guild to go Balenos/Serendia. 

Yes the gap might vary a little bit in the castles, that however does not mean anything. Lets take Mediah for example, there was a clear opportunity to break Oldskool's streak but instead it did not happen. With Sovereign, VoS and Morghulis on a single region, that opportunity would be simular on Valencia or Calpheon for that matter. Fighting a strong guild with multiple ''weaker'' guilds can still be a hard challenge, can still be very learnful and can still be very profitable. You simply can't deny that the average siege for the guilds participating right now is not very interesting. On Balenos/Serendia its a zergfest where as a single guild your outcome heavily relies upon the ''randomness'' and for the castles, well most of them are getting dodged and when there is a fight the castle owner does not get focused which ultimately leads to previous weeks situation.

On Croxus alliances were quite common and quite successful, I think thats the only way forward. Relying upon a shift in the powerhouses (which does happen so now and then) is quite silly. Many guilds for example could be way more competetive by holding a castle every two weeks instead of hardly ever.

Edited by Judaism

Posted

-You don't challenge Addicted either? 

We had a GvG against them thursday, we are happy to fight them whenever we can.

Wait what.

so we're all supposed to not let all of you rot in castles and try to contest you even if it's no fun for us, just so 'siege scene doesn't die' and you get fights.

But meanwhile castle owners are happy to do GvG while collecting incentive bcuz they cba to go kick each other out to keep it alive.

Posted (edited)

Average geargap between guilds is a thing. Just put 5x berserkers with 300 dp doing their ults and 10x 240 ap wizards doing their ults vs 5x berserkers with 250 dp and 10x 200 ap wizards it should add up.  Numbers matter and an organized functional structure of "chain of command" is also important. We all know this, why is it even being disputed here? 

There are also all sorts of party-elixir tryharding with premade teams and villa buffs along expensive consumables that goes a very long way too. If guilds take these aspects less seriously it is their funeral. It doesn't matter if hardcore or not hardcore, we are semi HC and we take all these consumables/buffs very seriously as they help a lot. 

Heck it is even sometimes our only saving grace most of the time when outnumbered by multiple guilds or overpowered by one strong guild.

Being a guild in the middle of the spectrum I can easily say that the siege scene is going in a positive direction (for now at least). There are more relevant guilds now, those slightly weaker guilds deny stronger guilds from going to balenos/serendia forcing them (like us) to either get backup and combat zerg with zerg or f*ck off to a castle region.
Wooden fences are like death traps when outnumbered. You just can't survive 3+ guilds after 1h+ when respawn timers are 60+ seconds. You need to get off the fences, you need to group up with all with different death timers, you need to start party elixirs, you got to give rage and the enemy will rotate their blobs giving them time to do these all and hit you until your blob withers either against the second or third blob.

The thing is, the castle holders are tough obviously at least enemy and addicted are so you will need a proper alliance to take them out. It's easier to fight multiple guilds behind 2 gates than having to deal with the fences, we all saw it happen to Ember in balenos multiple times, we saw it happen to sovereign in calpheon and it has happened to us and will happen to anyone.

All this brings to a point i'm trying to make which is alliances. When more guilds with higher average gearscore and numbers show up, I think we will start seeing different guilds on the castle regions than the same ones. When everyone focuses on the guild inside the castle and then start rotating, it will force the strong guild to get backup as well.

I believe it is only a matter of time that the average players and ultimately guilds catches up with gear and numbers (such as now in bal/ser ), happens to calpheon/mediah/valencia too and I hope it happens soon.  Only pearl abyss or KOKOA can f*ck this up by somehow killing the playerbase to halt the progress on the siege scene.

my 2 cents

Edited by LoneWolf
2 people like this

Posted

enough AP to farm Millenium like Mansha.

You are my new senpai

Posted

Pearl Abyss should just force guilds to have a maximum of 40 members in it (to Participate in Balenos/Serendia) else they get auto defeat when the war starts, and Somehow find a way to stop the damn gear score difference, Personally I wish they would make it "Equal Gear" Stats wise in a Siege Scenario, heck even in Node Wars, and keep the gear score e-peen stuff just for Open World PvP but hey, that is just my opinion.

As for the Siege Scene itself, the issue is simple, lack of guilds who wish to improve week by week, and its not really the fact that leaders do nothing, its the fact that most players in this game don't wish to have weekly practice, they don't wish to (or have time to) grind 24/7 or life skill 24/7 to get better Gear, This games Node War/Siege Scene is almost like a "Expansion pack" where only those who truly dedicate to it "Win" in the end.

Now what is "Win"? For me it is to have a fun Siege War with multiple guilds and all having there decent shot at the win (Like we saw in Mediah this Past Siege)

For others it might be having a castle for free or uncontested, for others it might be to kill a certain guild, doesn't really matter, the fact we see so few guilds is the same reason why people don't want to grind 24/7, What is the point? The game tried hard to be jack of all trades, but in the end, it is master of none, the game needs to improve from the developers end, and at this time I don't see that happening, The Siege Scene will only get worse, same as the Node War one.

Big Guilds Sieging: Addicted, Sovereign, Oldskool, Enemy, Millennium, Sfora, Morghulis, VoS, Wasted and now Resilience.

That would at best be a 1 v 1 in each region (or a 2 v 2 + 2 v 2 + 1 v 1 in only Castle Region's) it is too little, and as we know not every week do all show up on a Castle.

Nothing has changed much, fair play to guilds such as Khaos who have been trying most weeks to do something, Dogma as well have been around. Since guilds like Harmony/FUzion/Ember/ShadowElite died/quit on the Castle Siege Scene only Resilience seems to have a solid shot at joining those ranks.

1 person likes this

Posted

@Kapi You missed Misantropolis, Props to them for improving a lot in a very little time and keeping it medium scale while measuring their strengh against bigger and stronger guilds.

Posted (edited)

I don't get it, which forums are we using now? I am a lost forum lurker now

Edited by Ricardo

Posted (edited)

I'm honestly surprised by the lack of comprehension on both sides..

1) I suggest to some of you to go look up the definition of "competitive" in whatever language suits you best, it's the same shit, "better than" and "best" are different for a reason
2) While you're at it, also look at the definition of "dedication" in case you're too lazy: the willingness to give a lot of time and energy to something because it is important

Dedication is a double edged sword, when your dedication surpasses your possibilities it spells trouble, i can give a few examples like not spending enough time with my wife and kids, keeping my stupid high consuming computer turned on all day resulting in higher bills, using teamviewer from cellphone or workplace to keep having my character do something all day
When you read them like this they don't look like smart or right things to do yeah? Yet a lot of us do that, you can call that dedication but make it look like not having it is bad, dedication is good when it's not too much, and it's especially better when it's HEALTY
I don't see how anyone should judge other peoples dedication and most of all compare it, you're not that person, you don't know their circumstances so whatever you're saying is no more than trash you could have thrown in the bin for the same contribution to humanity, this obviously goes both ways
To some people a lot of time is gonna be 10 hours, to some people 2 hours are already too much you guys keep judging each others TOTAL time which openly shows your lack of brain activity when discussing with other people, instead of focusing your apparently low number of working braincells on how to win and argument for the sake of showing you know better than the other person i suggest you use that limited resource to think whether your making sense

Jesus the last 40 pages of this post actually made me sad i was gonna continue my rant and add my 2 cents but it's time i'm literally best off using in any other thinkable way, no one is gonna care obviously but i lost respect for a lot of people in 30 minutes of reading, congrats on new levels of brain inactivity!

Nothing has changed much, fair play to guilds such as Khaos who have been trying most weeks to do something, Dogma as well have been around. Since guilds like Harmony/FUzion/Ember/ShadowElite died/quit on the Castle Siege Scene only Resilience seems to have a solid shot at joining those ranks.

You forgot Misanthropolis, and Resilience is looking quite strong now i'd say they're probably both doing better than Dogma! 

(edit: looks unclear, i mean both of them could join actual sieges decently soon)

Edited by DreamChaser
1 person likes this

Posted

All this talk about sieges, but am I the only that thinks the "one region" rule is a horrible game mechanic?  I mean cmon, at least make it possible for people to go to another territory without having to wait a week.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

In reference to the fights you've had with these guilds since the server merge, how does mowing down someone that does not show up to sieges with your mandatory number of villa buffs, whale tendon elixirs, house buffs and 40-50 less average AP/DP than you qualify as a "very good fight"? Wouldn't a very good fight be a fight where the standing was equal and the result came down solely to skill and tactics?

Nice selective quoting, but aside from Addicted i don't see how to get any other challenges aside from a huge alliance , so if those weren't fun then i guess BDO isn't fun anymore, though luck. About the rest of the stuff you mentioned, meh, we're on similar average ( i'd guess ) as Sovereign and surely a lower average than Ember, which clearly wasn't something that they could use to their advantage, including the fact that they even were more. 

Sorry, but buffing and stuff doesn't take much effort and not much money especially compared to the potential reward, i'd be more inclined to call slackers those who don't do shit and then cry.

I put Oldskool with both guilds combined, and in retrospect. Comparatively Oldskool is stronger now than they were last time there was a 1v1 between Oldskool and Enemy, and Millenium+Sfora is weaker due to Sfora falling apart.

There's nothing bad about it, but you won't get an even (read: very good) fight until every guild that comes around does the same or starts getting on the same gear level. These things are accessible to everyone, but I doubt the guys who play 2-3 hours a day and are struggling to keep up with the gear curve have invested enough time into the game to bring these things to a siege regularly.
Hell it's pretty evident when almost every fight you've had so far is you guys taking down whatever guild in one hour and them having no hope of fighting back.

First of all I don't think you know which guild I'm in, nor who I am. Not that it matters in the slightest.
Secondly, what does a mid-tier guild merging with another have to do with anything?

Again, Ember: both more gear and more numbers, i think we should have, if not lost, at least got a draw due to castle, by your reasoning.

But the thing is, in my opinion, that the server isn't big enough, or/and the guilds not balanced enough, to sustaIn such a pvp scene. Enemy and Addicted are making a big deal out of recruiting the top of the line, 540+ gs, arena tests bla bla. So why would the rest of us, who aren't 19 years old and can play 24/7 and farm whales and what not, put ourselves through fighting that, when we can avoid it? If they feel they won the game by holding the territories, let them win? I flat out admit I have no chance against most of their members, but I don't need to to have fun. I'd much rather fight people are similar gearscore and available time. 

Almost nobody here have that score, i am around 520, 31 years old, 6 hours job and girlfriend. Boring excuse that's there since the very first inception of progression driven MMOs.

Also i get it you don't wanna have nothing to do with us, but all that circlejerking is getting retarded.

And you of course see no discrepancy between you invalidating the information and sources I have meanwhile you offer: "What if I tell you" and expect that to burst my bubble? :)  But it's fine, Banish, we both know the no life approach takes a lot more into account than who succeeded a few enchants in a row. Keep pulling 90% attendence on saturday evenings, or have people who "only" play 5+ hours per day, I'm sure all your members have a flourishing social life, they're all the center of every party and are all the extremely successful outside the game. How lucky you are to get such a bunch of super humans in a guild together ;) 

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, does it? Let's say, for the sake of argument, that you have a guild of people who are incredibly good and successful with 500+ gs while hardly playing. Some of them probably hardly login and they manage to be at the top. Well done. It still doesn't change the fact that outside Enemy no one wants to fight you, to the extent you're now paying people to do it. And my original topic of conversation was that this thread talks an awful lot about the 2 guilds in the 2 territories where very little happen. 

You know there are plenty of people that don't do anything social at all, they have all kinds of problems and what not and they STILL don't get anything decent in game ASWELL? Who knows, you might even be one yourself! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also i don't know how you got that idea, but while Addicted does have some monster geared people, there's also quite a big amount of more casual people, and some average geared ones aswell.

Go find mr. Joe Average the 460-480 AP/DP combined level 58-59 from Millenium or whatever and have him and his 3 equally geared friends duel TrisX 1v4 running full evasion gear and house buffs.

Let's be honest, TrisX is a bit too convenient as a counter argument ( you really are shameless when it comes to this stuff and/or selective quoting, aren't you? :D) he's prolly the most geared player we have by some margin, he's good mechanically aswell and he never misses a single buff, mostly on the evasion side of things. It's like saying everyone in Sovereign is Pessle.

Edited by Sheranna
2 people like this

Posted

All this talk about sieges, but am I the only that thinks the "one region" rule is a horrible game mechanic?  I mean cmon, at least make it possible for people to go to another territory without having to wait a week.

No you're not, that rule made sense premerge when you had 1 guild able to take most territories uncontested, doesn't make any sense with the new world and they actually waited until the merge to introduce it, that was pretty retarded

Posted

Black Desert Online European Guild Ranking

Rank B(andwagon) - Addicted, Enemy - The top 160 players of the server who are willing to sacrifice actual PvP and fun just to be able to say they're the best and engage in weekly PvF while sitting on the weekend siege in a circle and jerk off to a snapshot of their gear.

Rank C(ommunity) - Sovereign, Oldskool, VoS, Morghulis, Wasted - Communities of players who like playing with eachother while engaging in the weekend 5 fps lagfest that makes them question the reasons for playing this game.

Rank E(veryone else) - Players who actually enjoy playing this game, engage in daily PvP, have decent fps.

Rank P(earl abyss) - The company who invested more development in boob mechanics than net code.

23 people like this

Posted (edited)

@Sheranna

I get it, mentioning the gear thing makes it look like you aren't good at playing the game and are only gearcarried. Relax, nobody thinks that.

Now you need to get that explaining things to me like "you have a 6-hour job and a girlfriend", because I am not talking for myself. I am basing all of this on an entirely different part of the playerbase than myself. I care about the game more than most. And that's the point. More than most. The most part being the majority of the playerbase. You know, the guys you want to come contest you in Calpheon.

Heck, I do mostly AFK activities and you'll see me having written posts that anyone, even with 1-2 hours a day of playing could be level 60 and well geared by now in other threads even by only using these and casual grinding. But people aren't, and that's not disputable. It's just fact. Maybe they're simply worse than everyone else at the game, maybe there's other reasonings for them not closing the geargap or taking the time to do things we look at as easy. It doesn't matter. #dedicationgap

In regards to bringing up TrisX as an example, yes it's a steep example. But it's also a good one since it's absolutely true and serves as a valid point. That being said I have also mentioned other names in this thread of people that could jump into your blob of average joes and absolutely blow them apart in a split second. Heck, it's actually a bit funny that you accuse me of selective quoting then ignore the other names I posted in the same paragraph.

Edited by Tryldom
1 person likes this

Posted

We have a pen kalis as well and thats all. We re as geared as you think

not even including my pen talis belt, wow...

This is all just stupid bullshit.

Addicted and Enemy were free, that lasted 1-2 weeks, they settled. why set them free, they'll just settle again. The only thing this does is ruining every other guilds week if they happen to be in the wrong place. Making alliances to fight Enemy is just dumb aswell, you're gonna get trashtalked, you're either a trash zerg or just trash receiving wars and getting hunted. But it's fine cuz it's all 'memeing' rite. 

Oh I'm sorry did we trashtalk Sfora+Millennium for coming and trying out? No, we respected their decision and I hope both sides enjoyed the pvp.
Did we trashtalk ember or sov when they came? Not really, we may have said something about "ember being not as strong as everyone thought" but thats observation not stupid trashtalk.
Did we trashtalk sovereign when they came second time like they promised instead of bailing out? No, we respected their decision for coming and putting up a fight.

So far everyone who came and gave us a fight when we were at out prime didn't get trashtalked at all for losing or coming with higher numbers, and we even said we encourage few guilds coming together as alliance to take us down so your argument is invalid.

The only thing I've been arguing is that at the current time it's pointless for us (in my opinion) to go either Calph or Valencia, and I think the same goes for most other guilds. Not sure how you interpret that as "I DON'T WANT TO IMPROVE!". I'll gladly fight Oldskool, Sov, Morghulis, the new Resillience, the new Harmony, Millenium or any other guild around that level. Some straight up beat us, some we beat, some we're even. But all those fights actually teach us something, gives us stuff to improve. I want to compete, I want to get better and they give us the chance to do it. Do you understand the difference to fighting Addicted in a 20 minute stomp? Because we actually did try, we know what happens. 

So you are telling me you won't learn anything by getting stomped by zerg? Well Addicted members would disagree, you also get bonus money for doing so ^<^

Thank you guys for nice monday morning read at work <3

Posted

So far everyone who came and gave us a fight when we were at out prime

Is now the time to strike? 

giphy.gif