• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

21,481 posts in this topic

Posted

you still chillin outside kzarka?

spectators gotta spectate even though your siege scene is ded, your ow is active.

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry but from point of view it was a utter mess, all of you worked so badly together you just threw body's. I was not impressed at all there was 0 coordination and it showed, so I can't take your comment serious.

I actually agree, it feels messy being in the courtyard and the guilds standing on top of each other. From our side, we constantly reminded our members to pull to the side make room for the other attacking guilds to pass by us, make room to the left of us on the bridge in case a guild infront of us at the first gate would wipe and need to fall back.

what I personally would had done, looking back, since we had 4 guilds attacking, and half of the time you are just wasting good manpower by standing in line, is to send guild A in on the gate, guild B stand ready to take over when guild A is done/wiped. While guild C is attacking left roof and guild D on the right roof. Yesterday we didnt see much of this, and instead we had 4 guilds waiting in line to get through one choke point where oldskool could focus all of their attention.

I would say our own guild still have much to learn and improve on when it comes to attacking gates, we are not efficient enough when it is our turn to get damage down on the gate. But we are improving from each time, yesterday we learned to push up with blockclasses in front, and have ranged dps follow after to add range presure on the battlements, in order for the melee dps to move in on the gate to get uptime, then have the witches and wizards routate lighthouse healing cover on the gate. Just as an example where we didnt do this late time and ran into your full melee deathball on the inside of the first gate last week, whith two elephants spammen  abilities through.

Also my orginal comment was about Tekeii being able to coordinate with other guilds, was not about him taking over macroing for them and comming up with a masterplan, but simply just being able to accept the fact that we are not there (yet?) to stand alone and we might need partner guilds to attack gates, instead of being too stuborn to contact other guildleaders and we end up with a 90man attendance in Bal/serendia.

Edited by Wonshot

Posted

I think it's just that when you're 75 defending against 306 players and it still takes them 2 hours 10 minutes to get you down, the attackers seem a little more canon foddery than usual. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Does it even matter how its done as long as it works in the end? :)

Posted

Running through chokes surrounded by witches and wizards hitting you. Every attacker feels like cannon fodder. 

Everyone keeps saying they want to see alliances but since Jordine times it's been shamed and looked down upon. Even now you get called body throwers (basicly calling us shit). I'm wondering why anybody should even bother when all castle sieges has become is a bunch of hyprocites looking for an ego boost. 

I don't mind alliances, I think it's necessary sometimes to get the castle in one week.

BUT.

You guys were body throwing. The pushes were aweful, 3/4 of your players didn't get PAs and it was literally just throwing everyone at one hole over and over.

Enemy managed to do multiple successful pushes to us on Calph. Not because they are super hardcore 600GS, but because they took control of key positions, waited the right time and used the right abilities.

Nothing wrong with not being able to push properly, but don't try to convince yourself you were doing things the right way.

5 people like this

Posted

this XelRa guy is a pleb anyway. Not worth discussing with.

Posted

I don't mind alliances, I think it's necessary sometimes to get the castle in one week.

BUT.

You guys were body throwing. The pushes were aweful, 3/4 of your players didn't get PAs and it was literally just throwing everyone at one hole over and over.

Enemy managed to do multiple successful pushes to us on Calph. Not because they are super hardcore 600GS, but because they took control of key positions, waited the right time and used the right abilities.

Nothing wrong with not being able to push properly, but don't try to convince yourself you were doing things the right way.

You're comparing Calph to Mediah castle? Really? The whole way after 2nd gate in Mediah is a -----ing gauntlet of death, the highground advantage with rangers and wiz/witch spam while attackers try to reach the small tunnel, and even then you have ranged classes able to spam spells from each side. Calph doesnt have any of this, only chokepoint in Calph is after 2nd gate going up the stairs, but you only face enemy from 1 direction then, Mediah its 360 degree hail of death.

1 person likes this

Posted

You're comparing Calph to Mediah castle? Really? The whole way after 2nd gate in Mediah is a -----ing gauntlet of death, the highground advantage with rangers and wiz/witch spam while attackers try to reach the small tunnel, and even then you have ranged classes able to spam spells from each side. Calph doesnt have any of this, only chokepoint in Calph is after 2nd gate going up the stairs, but you only face enemy from 1 direction then, Mediah its 360 degree hail of death.

And you're comparing the push of a 50 men guild to a 300 blob zerg?

4 people like this

Posted

There's no discussing with Enemy anyway.  

Posted

There's no discussing with Enemy anyway.  

Because you are not even trying with your 80 IQ. Simple as that. But can't blame you for that right

Posted

You might have missed the moment when we wiped you 1v1 at the start, outside of the castle. Since we did that, you were hidden inside dropping ranged stuff from the walls and could kill us only if we went for the gate. I think we used PA correctly then :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

BUT.

I think everyone who is not too proud of themself and without a super ego, can admit that Oldskool played their upmost and defended well. While the attacking force could indeed had been better coordinated. (there is always room for improvement, always!)

That being said, the lag was also a factor. Not an excuse at all it worked both ways. But being a wizard in that 300man sausage party trying to make my way up to my vanguard group and cover them with protected area was like trying to skip a line to a Justin Bieber concert. So many -----es standing crowded in a line you need to push pass each and every one of them.

Compairing this besiegeing of a castle to an S-tier guild like Enemy and how they would had done is is just like night an day. This was a castlesiege by quantity not really quality. Can we move on? or would you rather go back to the week were you were dodged and noone came knocking on your castle gates a few weeks ago?

Posted

I'm actually curious how Morghulis would do 1v1 vs sov/oldskool without castle advantage, 85 people looked strong. 

Posted (edited)

You might have missed the moment when we wiped you 1v1 at the start, outside of the castle. Since we did that, you were hidden inside dropping ranged stuff from the walls and could kill us only if we went for the gate. I think we used PA correctly then :) 

Well that's first-class ignorance if I ever saw it. xD

Yeah, having 4 guilds standing outside usually means you have to let them come to you instead of rushing into them. If you jump down, the second you wipe the first guild the second guild comes in with buffs up and you just used your PA's. Not to mention going into a blob usually means they have traps put down everywhere, referencing the first (and only) engagement you won.

Welcome to castle defense 101. Hopefully you learnt a thing or two.

Edited by Tryldom
1 person likes this

Posted

Well that's first-class ignorance if I ever saw it. xD

Yeah, having 4 guilds standing outside usually means you have to let them come to you instead of rushing into them. If you jump down, the second you wipe the first guild the second guild comes in with buffs up and you just used your PA's. Not to mention going into a blob usually means they have traps put down everywhere, referencing the first (and only) engagement you won.

Sorry but i refer to what was before Sov fell down ^^ so the 4 guilds argument isn't even valid. Also don't think that you didn't have adventage there, we respawn in our forts - you respawn 10 meters away in a castle so at the beginning you shouldn't get pushed by 1 guild especially on such choke points like bridges ^^

Posted

Sorry but i refer to what was before Sov fell down ^^ so the 4 guilds argument isn't even valid. Also don't think that you didn't have adventage there, we respawn in our forts - you respawn 10 meters away in a castle so at the beginning you shouldn't get pushed by 1 guild especially on such choke points like bridges ^^

Oh sorry man, I forgot for the first 15-20 minutes there were only 160 players at our gates instead of 306. My bad. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted (edited)

Does seem like resilience were trying to play both sides and hedge their bets. Misanthropolis and Resilience were really close, yet Misanthropolis basically went passed their base to hit ours right at the start before they could have scouted all other bases. Resilience said we had to help them attack Harmony, which we refused to do, the 1v1 against Misanthropolis was a lot of fun.

What im more confused why is Resiliences leader without balls was not commenting about situation in podcast instead run away like a little girl. Tho i got a lots of laughs from that hehehe :DD

Hopefully i see some sort of revenge from Misan and you guys (SE) would be interesting but thank you for offering such amusing story to watch and keep enjoying the game =)

Edited by Hypotermia

Posted

Oh sorry man, I forgot for the first 15-20 minutes there were only 160 players at our gates instead of 306. My bad. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The plan was to keep Oldskool in the keep while Sov was being taken out for the first part of the siege btw. That is why we didnt do any serious gate attempts before Sov was down.

(since someone mentioned earlier than the gate was not taking any damage before VoS and Wasted showed up.)

Posted

Because you are not even trying with your 80 IQ. Simple as that. But can't blame you for that right

Why would I even try with your fat ego getting in the way.

Posted (edited)

Only utter delusion will bring some guilds to actually try their luck, don't spoil the truth so fast to them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think everyone who is not too proud of themself and without a super ego, can admit that Oldskool played their upmost and defended well

My understanding is that Oldskool and Sov got punished for actually being decent guilds, how dare them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Sheranna

Posted

Only utter delusion will bring some guilds to actually try their luck, don't spoil the truth so fast to them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

My understanding is that Oldskool and Sov got punished for actually being decent guilds, how dare them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That brought a tear to my eye

1 person likes this

Posted

That brought a tear to my eye

Did i make your tentacles all curly? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted

Did i make your tentacles all curly? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

All 8 of them

1 person likes this

Posted

Can't express how happy I am to be out of this damn castle.

Every. Single. Day. we had to pull a washed up italian sorc out of the water because he failed his fancy iframe jumps between the castle walls. Sigh.

See you guys on a T1 node near you, for some quality pvp!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I think it's just that when you're 75 defending against 306 players and it still takes them 2 hours 10 minutes to get you down, the attackers seem a little more canon foddery than usual. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It took 6 guilds and around 300 ish (?) players about 55mins to take down our fort 2 weeks ago in serendia siege. So 2h 10m for mediah castle (which is aids) sounds reasonable to me.

My 2 cents.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPPZLY3dPuw

Edited by Stilgar

Posted

classic enemy lennylenny.

@whane 

now imagine pushes with pa (someday they will learn to hug the mages).