• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

21,481 posts in this topic

Posted

I totally agree on the first part - Pre merge we had the Sovereign & Revoit Alliance on Alustin which were the 2 strongest and biggest guilds in terms of participation at that time. What did Oldskool as a mid-tier guild that time? They called out some smaller guilds who normally dont even participate at sieges or only at Balenos with like ~20-30 people attendance and got the castle in Calpheon from revoit ultimately fighting them 6v1 - paying them out afterwards.

Yes, you forget most of the guilds there that day with the exception of Dogma as we already had given our word to try and help VoS in were part of the pantsu alliance or people we had ties with in trying to form a second alliance parallel to ours, namely luxarcana, hostile
What was the result? result was we did a month or so of sieges while being trashtalked by most of the others siege partecipants, in fear of revolt losing the castle magically both sovereign and rlxt appeared in calpheon and our 4 25 man guilds found themselves against 3 out of the 5 biggest guilds on the server back then, in one of the few cases of the strongest guilds allying up against the small ones, justified with a "you plebs you shouldn't even partecipate in sieges, you don't deserve a castle", pantsu and fruitsalad bled out and guess where their top players ended up?
I don't mean this an accusation nor i want to bring up the past for discussion, past is past but i don't see how that benefitted the server or the small guilds involved?
I feel like the recount put out there makes reality look a lot better than it was, we received weeks of permawar unable to do much, trashtalk from everywhere, lost some of our players, other players were straight up poached, why would we be asking to other guilds to go through that? xD
You were there so i don't think it's what you mean by quoting that particular siege so i don't understand the point

(btw, pantsu alliance never went balenos, we went once serendia and three times calpheon since dogma and CU joined, we specifically started sieging to try and counteract the big guilds domain so balenos had no attractive for us)

Posted

Are we going to get new fake account that only cries at everything every week nowdays?

Don't you have another subpar video to edit? Those must take so much of your time. 

Posted

Don't you have another subpar video to edit? Those must take so much of your time. 

Don't you have another acc to create for next week?

2 people like this

Posted

hi,

what do you guys think the siege scene (or even nodewars) would look like if from the beginning of this game the maximum amount of members you can have in a guild was 50?

Im curious :) 

i think i could have brought a lot more flexibility, less guilds crumbling and getting back on their feet over and over again, a bit less onesided domain in servers and new world history and probably a lot more politics and stuff, that i personally find fun tho some might disagree^^ coordinating with other guilds inside and outside wars adds an extra layer of difficulty and make the whole environment less shallow

Posted

Why would you join Morghulis and have to do 4 hour siege pvp every week, when you can get in to Addicted or Enemy and get 200m a week for nothing.

For "nothing" would mean something along the lines of actually having to keep up constantly with the 0.1%, both in gear and in training, having to tryhard every single aspect of what you do, the buffs you get, so on and so forth.

Literally the only "nothing" part would be the few times you get dodged, but our numbers made it so that it didn't have to happen many times, just like it's hard to say there's no work involved when you often have to fight the best guilds around and outnumbered most of the times even in 1v1.

You can't draw so many parallels between our guilds, it's downright insulting. Enemy had the chance already to be a 100 men guild aswell, and this chance wasn't exploited, if people come to us ( and if they're not stupid ) they know they have to pull their weight and work for a result, that's where the satisfaction comes from. You can't compare those that simply drop their low tier guilds to get an easy time elsewhere to those that really DO seek a very precise environment.

Tl:Dr: There is a difference between using "like minded" people as an excuse to drop your previous guild for an incentive and those that want to do something bigger and actually try and earn it. Even our last two big recruitment waves came when we were still too small to have much to show, and that's just on the basis that we shown ambition and potential, and people like that are hardly ( and they shouldn't be expected to ) going to spend much of their time under different conditions.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't you have another acc to create for next week?

I can do it in a couple minutes, just like your video editing. 

Posted

I can do it in a couple minutes, just like your video editing. 

Would love to see that then, random account boy

1 person likes this

Posted

Half of the time we hear "YOU HAVE TO STOP ADDICTED FROM GETTING 200mil/week!" and now you're saying it doesn't matter? Ok, strange.

And if you are, as you claim, a group of competitive, strong pvp mindset players yadda yadda, don't you want to fight people like that? If so, why did you, when you the first time in 5-6 weeks could chose to fight whoever you want, go to a region owned by a guild which you must know for fact is way below you and not at all of the same mindset (by your arguing)? Is Millenium the opponents your "strong pvp mindset" players wants to fight? That's laughable, at best., 

Could be the fact that 50-60 people want to fight in more equal numbers rather than get zerged down by 90 people.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted (edited)

I'm not talking about the mind set of any guild, I'm not trying to get top players to come to Morghulis. I'm happy with what we have and what we are working with. We have had the best PvP out of any guild on the server for the last 10 weeks of sieges? I have no complaints about the siege scene.

But if the "real" PvP players want PvP then going to a top guild which cannot be contested by anyone and is getting dodged every week isn't the way to go is it. Don't get me wrong there are players in Morghulis who are carrying 80% of the rest of us who probably get stressed to ----- about it, but at least they are trying to make another guild competitive instead of jumping ship.

there are no "real" pvpers, there are people with different mindsets and that's all, it's just why people go to those guilds, enemy started as a small group of people with pvp mindset and that's what it's been keeping so far and working wonders, there's no bandwagon here and we accept no bandwagon girlfriend package deals like other guilds do, we don't care about the incentives and we don't really care about 4 hour pvp (i do cause it takes my precious time but that's cause sieges suck anyway)

mindsets are what define each guild, some people go to morghulis because it has a relaxed and chill environment and can do whatever without the feel of having many obligations

Half of the time we hear "YOU HAVE TO STOP ADDICTED FROM GETTING 200mil/week!" and now you're saying it doesn't matter? Ok, strange.

And if you are, as you claim, a group of competitive, strong pvp mindset players yadda yadda, don't you want to fight people like that? If so, why did you, when you the first time in 5-6 weeks could chose to fight whoever you want, go to a region owned by a guild which you must know for fact is way below you and not at all of the same mindset (by your arguing)? Is Millenium the opponents your "strong pvp mindset" players wants to fight? That's laughable, at best., 

obvious troll is obvious

Edited by BdoTemp1
1 person likes this

Posted

Could be the fact that 50-60 people want to fight in more equal numbers rather than get zerged down by 90 people.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And yet you ask/hope/beg mid tier guilds to ally up to try and win on sheer number advantage instead of fighting guilds they are equally strong as. See what just happened? ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ 

Posted (edited)

And yet you ask/hope/beg mid tier guilds to ally up to try and win on sheer number advantage instead of fighting guilds they are equally strong as. See what just happened? ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ 

I'm not even in Enemy. Jokes on you. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). 

Edit: Does Enemy really beg other guilds to outnumber and win? This is new to me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by CarL

Posted

Are you saying there is more zerging happening in Calpheon & Valencia than in Serendia and Mediah? Like what?

Posted (edited)

EU Siege scene is basicly boring af atm.

Alliances get trash talked by certain guilds that are filled with top players. Question here, why do people even care about it?

Guilds that cant beat alliances keep complaining about alliances - the actual fun part about this is, that guilds complaining about alliances blame alliance guilds that they would not be able to achieve anything on their own, while meanwhile the guilds losing to alliances just can't admit they are not strong enough to beat an alliance. So instead of working on their own they rather blame others.

(Aren't there some prime examples from NA that have fought and beaten multiple alliances multiple times? ManUp? )

Every guild in EU Sieges just is so freaking friendly and all of them follow the idea of "fair play" in sieges and node wars - when they are in fact "wars" which are not supposed to be played fair. It just bores me to death - no big alliances going for the top guilds, no dirty backstabbing, no drama - just freaking fairplay and a bunch of people circlejerking in a podcast because everything is so nice, beautiful and fair that there is almost nothing else to do - only exception here is in fact Addicted - they did in fact ask other guilds to group up to fight against them - multiple times.

Edited by Jylin

Posted

Are you saying there is more zerging happening in Calpheon & Valencia than in Serendia and Mediah? Like what?

Nope. I understand why a 60 man guild would go anywhere else than to Valencia though. 

EU Siege scene is basicly boring af atm.

Pretty much.

Posted

My good friends,

please! Stop. Stop this madness. Stop this salting. Be friendly. Be nice to everyone! Why are you all so upset? Peace through understanding is what we need!

Sankaruto out.

Posted (edited)

My good friends,

please! Stop. Stop this madness. Stop this salting. Be friendly. Be nice to everyone! Why are you all so upset? Peace through understanding is what we need!

Sankaruto out.

*refers to his previous post*

And you are the prime example ;-)

Edited by Jylin

Posted

There is a difference between using "like minded" people as an excuse to drop your previous guild for an incentive and those that want to do something bigger and actually try and earn it. 

You think people in other guilds don't want to do something bigger and actually earn it? are you that dense? Every guild fighting on castles these last weeks and their members want to achieve things. we just don't all have the same game knowledge/mechanics/time/etc.and instead of helping each other out guilds get dropped.  

Posted

Yes, you forget most of the guilds there that day with the exception of Dogma as we already had given our word to try and help VoS in were part of the pantsu alliance or people we had ties with in trying to form a second alliance parallel to ours, namely luxarcana, hostileWhat was the result? result was we did a month or so of sieges while being trashtalked by most of the others siege partecipants, in fear of revolt losing the castle magically both sovereign and rlxt appeared in calpheon and our 4 25 man guilds found themselves against 3 out of the 5 biggest guilds on the server back then, in one of the few cases of the strongest guilds allying up against the small ones, justified with a "you plebs you shouldn't even partecipate in sieges, you don't deserve a castle", pantsu and fruitsalad bled out and guess where their top players ended up?
I don't mean this an accusation nor i want to bring up the past for discussion, past is past but i don't see how that benefitted the server or the small guilds involved?
I feel like the recount put out there makes reality look a lot better than it was, we received weeks of permawar unable to do much, trashtalk from everywhere, lost some of our players, other players were straight up poached, why would we be asking to other guilds to go through that? xD
You were there so i don't think it's what you mean by quoting that particular siege so i don't understand the point

(btw, pantsu alliance never went balenos, we went once serendia and three times calpheon since dogma and CU joined, we specifically started sieging to try and counteract the big guilds domain so balenos had no attractive for us)

I never quote out any of those guilds because i personally dont know which guilds participated neither was i part of it because ..you know GG Exilium. Im just saying that its possible to defeat strong guilds with smaller guilds, even now, by just outnumbering them. You are talking about a different siege but i get your point. The permawars and the trashtalk received afterwards is something else but that was back then and im sure neither addicted, oldskool or enemy would trashtalk guilds just because they allied up on them telling them "not to go to sieges".

Posted

*refers to his previous post*

And you are the prime example ;-)

My good friend,

it is good that some of us are friendly. Without this friendliness, there would be no progress in the society that we call BDO. We would all sit there and smash each other with rocks! Hit each other with sticks. No! We cannot allow such a thing to happen. We must work on achieving greatness, and to achieve this greatness we all work for, we must struggle to keep ourselves happy with every single one of the other players. Peace is the only answer. Channel your inner peace, and let it overflow on the people around you.

Sankaruto out.

Posted

(Aren't there some prime examples from NA that have fought and beaten multiple alliances multiple times? ManUp?

I saw plenty of examples in EU especially back then, just give it time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted

I saw plenty of examples in EU especially back then, just give it time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

oh, i member ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted (edited)

I never quote out any of those guilds because i personally dont know which guilds participated neither was i part of it because ..you know GG Exilium. Im just saying that its possible to defeat strong guilds with smaller guilds, even now, by just outnumbering them. You are talking about a different siege but i get your point. The permawars and the trashtalk received afterwards is something else but that was back then and im sure neither addicted, oldskool or enemy would trashtalk guilds just because they allied up on them telling them "not to go to sieges".

This is very much true, it is possible to kick out strong guilds with multiple smaller guilds. But it isn't fun at all. I don't think anyone of Millennium or Morghulis enjoyed fighting Enemy last siege. But I can't speak for everyone ofcourse. Yes, we managed to beat a stronger guild. But it was 2,5h of pure cancer. I can clearly see why people don't want to do it eventhough it's possible. 

Edited by Ricardo
1 person likes this

Posted

Seems the salt has already started this week, and I didn't even have to put in any effort. Please, go on.

kingofpopcorn1.gif

Posted

This is very much true, it is possible to kick out strong guilds with multiple smaller guilds. But it isn't fun at all. I don't think anyone of Millennium or Morghulis enjoyed fighting you last siege. Yes, we managed to beat a stronger guild. But it was 2,5h of pure cancer. I can clearly see why people don't want to do it eventhough it's possible. 

I can understand that its not that much fun to many players but didnt you feel the satisfaction of winning over us in the end? I think it was a hard fight and a well earned victory over Enemy from your side and thats what sieges are for aswell. You guys did very well and had the "more even?" fight afterwards aswell which supposely is more fun? The ultimate goal is to win during a siege and you shouldnt care how it is done in the end, even if it involves backstabbing or pulling cheese stuff.

I just chose "more even" as a term hope its not insulting or offending anyone as it isnt meant like this.

Posted (edited)

I can understand that its not that much fun to many players but didnt you feel the satisfaction of winning over us in the end? I think it was a hard fight and a well earned victory over Enemy from your side and thats what sieges are for aswell. You guys did very well and had the "more even?" fight afterwards aswell which supposely is more fun? The ultimate goal is to win during a siege and you shouldnt care how it is done in the end, even if it involves backstabbing or pulling cheese stuff.

I just chose "more even" as a term hope its not insulting or offending anyone as it isnt meant like this.

I didn't get the satisfaction after killing you, sadly. I didn't get the satisfaction after killing Oldskool (when they held Mediah) either, I think mainly because it was a 4v1 and we wanted a 2v1. But the fun that comes afterwards is definitely worth it in my eyes. I am glad we choose to fight with Morghulis rather than give it to either side straight away. Both sides learned a lot about castle sieges this way. And this is what it's all about, so we can get comfortable with castles sieges and go solo when we feel like we have enough strength and power to compete. 

Let's say, the 2.5h of fighting you were hell. But it was all worth it for the fun and experience we had afterwards. I just wish more guilds would think of it like this. And yes, we had the "more even" fight afterwards, luckily for us we didn't face 90+ Morghulis. I think both sides had multiple opportunities to take the win but it got liberated in the end. We learned from our mistakes and so did Morghulis, next time we'll be better. It's only a matter of time.

Edited by Ricardo