• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

discussion Inter-Player Relationships and You: a questionnaire

Concerning Inter-Player Relationships   47 votes

1. 1. Do you prefer being a part of a dedicated, long-term group? (I.E. Guild, Clan, etc)

• Yes! It means I have people I can constantly RP with!
    • Somewhat. Let's me engage with people regularly but I like meeting different people too.
    • No! I'm a strong independant RPer who don't need no Guild!
  2. 2. What are your thoughts on Romance in RP?

• It's great! It lets my character really get to know someone else's! Character building all around!
    • Somewhat? Either it depends on the character or what the relationship is.
    • Ew, no! People who do that are probably ERPers! (Not that there's anything wrong with that! #Seinfeld)
  3. 3. Tavern RP?

• Yay! Booze and -milk-!
    • Tavern RP.
    • ECH! Gimme dat sweet field RP action!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 posts in this topic

Posted

So, lately I've been contemplating Inter-player relationships, primarily of the romantic and organizational sort (given that most characters naturally make friends and enemies anyways). Why? I dunno, it's just an interesting concept to think about I believe: In the case of the former, two(+) people take two(+) characters then, at least partially, dedicate them to each other and build off each other more than they would off others; sorta like the later (group/guild/organizational) attachments. While not the only kind of IPRs out there, these two take up the majority of an RPer's time I would believe...assuming they partake in such

But given that we are each individuals, we approach these IPRs at different rates, with different interests, and with different goals. My question, out of curiosity, is as follows:

"What is your approach to long-term, dedicated, Inter-player relationships in general; do you or do you not seek them out? If you engage in such, why? If you do not, why? Do you actively seek out romantic encounters and relationships? Do you actively seek out Guild membership and guild relationships? Do you have a preference for either-or?"

...Yay, compound questions!

-------------------------------------------

As for myself, I like to consider myself an 'RP Drifter'; that is, to say, that I do not really like to form dedicated groups or attachments that restrain me from engaging in activities with other people.

This would put me firmly in the camp of 'Not Interested in Guilds' despite being a part of the largely inactive/defunct 'Misadventurers' group (because they let me do my own thing...also somewhat helped make it so; yeah.). While I sacrifice regular involvement in dedicated events, its always good to meet up with new people and make connections that way; possible while in a guild, but the lack of restraint means I can more freely engage with different groups I believe. This is especially apparent with the nature of guilds in BDO, making all your characters a part of the one guild; it would bother me to no end to see a Calpheon-like guild name floating above my Valencian, or the other way around.

I also have a dis-interest in group activities as far as actually -playing- the game goes (Bosses? Who has time to -fight- things? Seriously.). AIn't nobody got time for playing the game!

As far as romantic interests go in RP, I'm not against the idea as far as my characters go, I just don't think its necessary and thus not something that would be readily possible or easy to enter into. This reflects in the nature of my characters:

• My Warrior (Sebas) was in a happy relationship once. ONCE.
  • My Ranger (Jeri) just ain't havin' none of that right now. She'll call you a biscuit.
  • My Wizard (Harken) is a Guardian Spirit and incapable of that sort of thing.
  • My Berserker is Mew, to those who know him...it. It, yes.
  • My Sorceress (Faridah) is a happily married woman with two darling little children and a nice house on a hill.
  • My Heidellian Guardsman (Rayleigh; gotta name the dumb one after your handle!) is too dumb to live, let alone get romantically involved with and procreate with someone! xD

Posted (edited)

But Rayleigh is the best and why there is a milk option :D

I'm not a guild person at all. Been there done that. Too much drama. As for play style I'm a solo player by heart. I rarely if ever group up in MMO's and only with close friends. BDO is very approachable in this regard. There are no dungeons that needs a group, I am free to roam around and do what I feel like. I have several chars and their play styles are different enough to give me some variety, even when doing the same quests. I mostly focus on crafting and gathering, though.

For RP I'm the exact opposite.. haha. I live for relationships as they add dynamics and flavour. Some are very brief, maybe even just one encounter, while others have lasted for years. It really depends on the other person and how engaged they are in the RP. My chars will engage with groups/guilds in RP but will not join them, more like a contact/freelancer type. 

Ash/Shay

Edited by Ashanta
to add some more info regarding your questions

Posted

I'm more of a small 'guild' person for the 'game' aspect of the game, not necessarily for RP...if you catch my drift...  ^.^

Romance- nope, not even remotely interested- bad experiences with that sort of stuff in another MMO.

Role-play for me is best served as an everyday kinda thing, in the streets, in the fields...wherever except taverns, I hate tavern RP.  Passionately.  What I love is improvisational role-play, especially far and away over 'pre-assigned story'.  Does that make me an anarchistic RPer (anachronistic?  <shrugs> I'm a tabletop RPer at heart, D&D 3 book edition/Chainmail era).  :D

Posted

I have joined a guild myself (Shadowlight) but as Misadventures they let me do my own thing partly because they are new to RP and I'm their Sensei, and the fact they haven't any plot for the guild at the moment. For romance RP I thoroughly enjoy that aspect with a person as good as me when it comes to RP. I've tested out romance RP of course on BDO, but most have left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Below will tell why.  

1: Thinking my character was not good enough for theirs in reality there was so much more than meets the eye, and they haven't even attempted to get through.

2: The snooty RPers I've romanced with who made fun of my characters for their personality. I had one woman strip in front of me and show my character her tattooes (keep in mind he is a teenager and overly horny) and of course my character reacted with "I love you" because you know, he's male and he's -----ing young. The poor boy had never ever seen a naked woman in his life. Had to be love what he was feeling right? :o 

3: The lack of people willing to try their hardest in order to crack my characters tough shield, or the lack of trying to actually RP with me, and the constant people I find that never whisper me and act higher and mightier the next day I meet them. Most expect me to whisper them first nowadays but I have said ----- them and went back to being alone. I don't RP with people who think they can do that to me. The only decent person I've met who whispered me first to ask for RP and seemed interested, (and is still interested) is Karidaen. He's an excellent RPer proven to know his stuff. I have mad respect for the guy and have gone to certain lengths in order to continue to RP with him. 

4: RPers on BDO rush to romance too quickly. I've had men on BDO touch my women without permission constantly. They feel them up and say sexual things and "you are so beautiful" and I'm over here like "ye I'm beautiful, but y'know ----- YOU horndog!" *Abigail kicks guy in the face with her boot heel and rubs it in his pervert face* I've told people OOC to not rush things, but they have and it is irritating. I've had romance RP that has lasted for months and months, a day or two won't get you far unless you and your character are amazing people, only then may I rush to claim you. Now I have made most of my characters asexual for this reason, but have left them open for anything in order to be able to romance the actual good people. 

Those are the couple of reasons why I am irritated by the aspect of romance RP nowadays. 

Posted

Hello!

I like to keep my responses short; I find the older I get the shorter the attention spans my audience in MMO's has. :D

Guilds:  Used to join them immediately when starting any new mmo.  Then, organized and ran my own guilds for awhile.  After many years; realized guilds were just a source of drama.  I now prefer to be the sole member of my own guild, mostly for any perks or storage.

As for romance:  It's fun to flirt, but I don't take anything beyond the game or the pixels available to us in game.

Role playing a relationship in an online game?  Not for me; relationships are already enough work.  Combine that with people who usually don't know how to RP decently (or at all) - I see no point.  9_9

Posted

I would love to join a RP guild, or know people to RP with, although I already am in a small guild at the moment.  RP romance......I've actually had a few RP relaitionships, that were very nice.  I love how if things work, it enriches the RP between us, and makes our story stronger.  I've also had it go bad, and that is never fun, it's a choice, take the risk, and maybe find someone to make your story better, or maybe not, you don't know till you try.