• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Have you been ripped off?

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I had seen some rant\rave threads about Daum "ripping" people off, etc. etc.  However, I brushed it off until it happened to me.

All I have to say is that I made a mistake with two items that I had purchased.

The first was a pet:  I had no clue you couldn't breed a macaw with a normal hawk.  I bought it thinking "Oh shiny....Hmmm, I wonder how that'll turn out".  I tried to breed, and was told I couldn't..."Doh!".  Well, apparently, the very moment you open\name a pet it is yours for life.  "NO REFUNDS --- BAM!  The policy will not bend to your foolish ways!"

The other was I had over-purchased some city storage expansion...opps, mistake on my part.  The moment you wrap your greasy paws around that item, it is yours forever.

Anyhow, I admitted my faults to Daum, asked for help, and was met with the policy police.  No understanding or thought of me as a long term customer, but robotic responses and telling me to move along.

Sadly, I really did feel like I was contributing to future content \ supporting these companies. 

Thoughts for Daum:

Does the digital item have an expiration date on it? NO
Has it depreciated in value? NO
Have I gained an unfair advantage by having a tier 1 , lvl 1 pet I have never used and simply bought for breeding purposes? NO
Was\is your policy good for residual business? NO
Will this encourage me to want to buy more times, or spend more money? NO
Is this "policy" really worth the cost of losing a long term customer?  NO

The good outcome is I do feel ripped off.  I have spent TONS of time\money\effort\energy in this game, and am upset to the point of not giving this company another dollar of my hard earned money.  That's the good outcome of this.  Thanks Daum\ Kaka, w\e your name is.

Are there any others with a similar story?  What are my options besides crying all over a forum?

P.S. -- Yes, I know the value of the pet is minor, but that truly is not the point.  I could have spent 3 pennies on this game, and if I had an issue, it should be refunded\credit.

Respectfully,

Aza

Edited by Azagoth
Added - P.S.
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

the biggest ripoff was not making this game p2w. how am I gonna play and work? I should get refunded.

Edited by clangpicky
2 people like this

Posted

30% + 5% off all marketplace sales is the biggest ripoff in the game. release premium plz

Posted

the biggest ripoff was not making this game p2w. how am I gonna play and work? I should get refunded.

You can only serve one!  You must choose....e-peen glory, or paycheck.

1 person likes this

Posted

You can only serve one!  You must choose....e-peen glory, or paycheck.

e-peen glory from my paycheck

Posted

You were not "ripped off" you were just denied a refund. 

3 people like this

Posted

I dont get it, so you bought some items and then they didnt work the way you wanted and also you bought to many? (because of lack of info or searching for the info), then you get mad because they

A) didnt refund your money or give you another item and also

B) because they were "robotic" about it?

Why should they even invest time into writing out a personal response? You are one of many people putting in tickets because of a cash shop purchase.

They dont have time to write a note to every individual with the same issue. Thats a waste of time. A canned email is fine.

Also, do you know how much more work they will have to do if they do this for people?

Sorry, but research your purchases before you buy.

I can understand if they change the items on you or the way they work, but they didnt. So really they dont have to give you anything.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't want to sound harsh, but you admitted that these mistakes were your own.  They were also mistakes which could have been avoided if you had been more careful or done more research.  While it would have been nice if Daum had refunded you as a gesture of good will, it didn't happen.  I honestly cannot blame them.  I suspect that there are large numbers of people out there who have abused the 'system' to appease their sense of entitlement and/or inability to take responsibility for their own decisions/actions.  For example, I saw a post yesterday complaining about Daum not refunding a player for a costume purchase because his Muslim dad saw his avatar dressed in an angel-winged negligee.  Hopefully, the guy still possesses a head attached to his shoulders. 

In my opinion, there is no ripoff in this case.  You are responsible for your own actions and the money in your wallet.  Use better discretion. 

Edited by Zeven
3 people like this

Posted

You were not "ripped off" you were just denied a refund. 

I should get refunded when I want. Daum is bringing their foreign communist policy practices into the West.

Posted

So let me get this straight.

- You -----ed up when purchasing an item because you didn't fully research into it,

- You purchased too many of one item because, again, you didn't research into it.

- Both these items are, given the fact that you researched a bit into them in the first place, work perfectly fine.

- You asked for a refund and admitted they were your mistakes.

- Claim they ripped you off because they won't refund you due to your own mistakes.

Daum didn't rip you off. You ripped yourself off.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I don't want to sound harsh, but you admitted that these mistakes were your own.  They were also mistakes which could have been avoided if you had been more careful or done more research.  While it would have been nice if Daum had refunded you as a gesture of good will, it didn't happen.  I honestly cannot blame them.  I suspect that there are large numbers of people out there who have abused the 'system' to appease their sense of entitlement and/or inability to take responsibility for their own decisions/actions.  For example, I saw a post yesterday complaining about Daum not refunding a player for a costume purchase made as because his Muslim dad saw his avatar dressed in an angel-winged negligee.  Hopefully, the guy still possesses a head attached to his shoulders. 

In my opinion, there is no ripoff in this case.  You are responsible for your own actions and the money in your wallet.  Use better discretion. 

Not harsh, and I appreciate the feedback.  Yes, mistake being the keyword.  Something I did unintentionally.  Perhaps I am being dramatic with the term "ripped off".  It's how I feel, and I am entitled to feel that way. :)

I would only assume that if you paid for a meal, got the wrong food, and didn't get a refund -- maybe you would feel the same way?  Especially, if you were a long time customer, and this was your first hiccup?  How would the restaurant handle you as a customer?

I frankly would be further concerned if there was a large number of people out there being treated the same way.  If you open up a business, issues like this need to be handled and resolved equitably.  This was not the case. 

Video game, entertainment, discretion all in the same sentence?!.  Too much responsibility for me there my friend!  

So let me get this straight.

- You -----ed up when purchasing an item because you didn't fully research into it,

- You purchased too many of one item because, again, you didn't research into it.

- Both these items are, given the fact that you researched a bit into them in the first place, work perfectly fine.

- You asked for a refund and admitted they were your mistakes.

- Claim they ripped you off because they won't refund you due to your own mistakes.

Daum didn't rip you off. You ripped yourself off.

Yes, in my efforts to blow up a pet, I did not consider two different birds would not be compatible for digital mating.  I will be sure to further investigate this, get council, and meditate before such drastic decisions.

Yep.  Again, mistake.  Are you one of those people who doesn't make any?  

I never once said they did not work, but nice try?

Yes - ever buy something and have a need to return it?

Thank you for your efforts, and contributions good sir.  I hope you feel better Mr. internet bully.

Do you work for Daum?  Serious question.  

Edited by Azagoth

Posted

Yes, in my efforts to blow up a pet, I did not consider two different birds would not be compatible for digital mating.  I will be sure to further investigate this, get council, and meditate before such drastic decisions.

Yep.  Again, mistake.  Are you one of those people who doesn't make any?  

I never once said they did not work, but nice try?

Yes - ever buy something and have a need to return it?

Thank you for your efforts, and contributions good sir.  I hope you feel better Mr. internet bully.

Internet bully? Huh?

I'm sorry if calling you out on your bullshit is considered bullying you, but I'll make sure to support you and never disagree with you. I'd never want you to feel like you're being bullied.

Sorry, before I spend money on something I always make sure to research about the item, because I don't want to make a mistake when spending money. The terms and policies all state that you cannot return or refund an item once you have bought it. Even if it's a mistake. That's how it works.

See, I would have sympathized with you had you not decided to claim that Daum is ripping you off. If I made your own mistake, I would have just learnt that "Maybe I should research and not ----- up next time, twice." But hey, that's taking responsibility for my own actions. No need to do that when you can throw your pram out of the cradle and blame someone else.

Try not to call the Principal on me please, I don't want to get expelled for Internet Bullying.

1 person likes this

Posted

You biggest mistake was that you even touched their cash shop.

1 person likes this

Posted

To be fair, think about what would happen if they actually would refund every purchase. They would be overloaded with refund requests due to various reasons players might be coming up with to get their item refunded.

For example, I could buy a Ghillie suit, troll around with it for a day and then make up a reason why I want it refunded. Or I could get a pet, use it for a day and then demand a refund because I can't breed it with the pet I already had or I didn't like the color and actually want another one.

1 person likes this

Posted

Daum's refund policy is pretty mind boggling, Almost every other game i've played hell even games with absolutely terrible management would solve an issue like accidental purchases with ease, ----- to be honest things that have to do with money is typically the ONLY thing a lot of these support teams will solve.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Haha its so funny seeing the white knights on the job :) Basically by defending the policy police you're saying "We don't want better customer service! We don't want more leeway and room for error!"

Don't expect you to understand that aspect though, [deleted]

Edited by Kyna

Posted

A lot of people putting the boot in here will feel quite different should they themselves ever be desiring a refund. Personally, I'm glad I read this thread, cuz now I know to never let myself get into that position.

3 people like this

Posted

I would only assume that if you paid for a meal, got the wrong food, and didn't get a refund -- maybe you would feel the same way?  Especially, if you were a long time customer, and this was your first hiccup?  How would the restaurant handle you as a customer?

If I ordered a meal and received what I ordered but changed my mind after the food was served I would not expect them to take it back at their loss (someone has to be paid to process a refund for your purchase).

Next time you should do a little research prior to making the purchase and don't expect companies to pay for YOUR mistakes.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If I ordered a meal and received what I ordered but changed my mind after the food was served I would not expect them to take it back at their loss (someone has to be paid to process a refund for your purchase).

Next time you should do a little research prior to making the purchase and don't expect companies to pay for YOUR mistakes.

I can return my used condom on Walmart and get full refund okay. this is nothing, just a virtual pixel.

Edited by clangpicky

Posted (edited)

You received exactly what you ordered, you just don't like how it tastes. Why should they refund your stupidity?

Next time you look twice and buy once as everyone else does.

And we are no spitfull or bully you, Hon. Everyone make mistakes. Some of us just learn something from them and go on with our lifes and don't search for reasons why we have to be the victim in this situation and not the idiot who done something wrong *shrug*

Edited by Diorbhail
in case you don't get it: was there, done it, accept it and went on

Posted

Ya know...the storage thing...those can be held on to.  If and when the game allows for more warehouse inventory then you have those already and you don't have to spend anything later on to expand your warehouse storage.

As for the pet...a better explanation would be better about which pets are able to be bred together and which ones are not.

I think it can go either way but a "canned" response from the support team don't help matters any more than make the player base more irritated than before.

I hope that you can get something back from the support team more than a "canned" response.

Cheers!

1 person likes this

Posted

Internet bully? Huh?

I'm sorry if calling you out on your bullshit is considered bullying you, but I'll make sure to support you and never disagree with you. I'd never want you to feel like you're being bullied.

Sorry, before I spend money on something I always make sure to research about the item, because I don't want to make a mistake when spending money. The terms and policies all state that you cannot return or refund an item once you have bought it. Even if it's a mistake. That's how it works.

See, I would have sympathized with you had you not decided to claim that Daum is ripping you off. If I made your own mistake, I would have just learnt that "Maybe I should research and not ----- up next time, twice." But hey, that's taking responsibility for my own actions. No need to do that when you can throw your pram out of the cradle and blame someone else.

Try not to call the Principal on me please, I don't want to get expelled for Internet Bullying.

Thanks Pops, appreciate the love and support.  Funny how you don't answer or address a single point I bring up.  Do you work for Daum?  You're almost as good as they are in this regard. I am going to consider the source on this one, you clearly lack compassion or understand and I feel sorry for you.  Lots of head knowledge, little heart.

As many have pointed out, wait until this happens to you. Everything won't be soo legalistic and black and white at that point.  Mistakes happen, and I don't need somebody such as you trying to belittle me on the internetz. Go beat on or pick on somebody else. please and thank you.

Lots of people missing the point here.  We spend lots of time, energy, effort investing into a game.  They will happily take your money, but you are out of luck should you make a mistake with a purchase.  I am not trying to "wahhh, cry with me".  I am trying to say Daum has a very restrictive\ridiculous policy that leaves little room for error.  If you make a mistake, people without compassion eat you alive for it.  It's not right, and I felt ripped off not seeing a resolution. 

WTS T1 LVL 1 PARROT.

Ya know...the storage thing...those can be held on to.  If and when the game allows for more warehouse inventory then you have those already and you don't have to spend anything later on to expand your warehouse storage.

As for the pet...a better explanation would be better about which pets are able to be bred together and which ones are not.

I think it can go either way but a "canned" response from the support team don't help matters any more than make the player base more irritated than before.

I hope that you can get something back from the support team more than a "canned" response.

Cheers!

You're a good person, thank you!  

Posted (edited)

Don't expect you to understand that aspect though, [Deleted]

Sounds like you are speaking from experience. 

Edited by Kyna

Posted

Your Welcome!  

Cheers!

Posted

To be fair, think about what would happen if they actually would refund every purchase. They would be overloaded with refund requests due to various reasons players might be coming up with to get their item refunded.

For example, I could buy a Ghillie suit, troll around with it for a day and then make up a reason why I want it refunded. Or I could get a pet, use it for a day and then demand a refund because I can't breed it with the pet I already had or I didn't like the color and actually want another one.

Good points, and thanks for the feedback.  My situation is not that case, but I do see your point.  FWIW, I did reach out nearly immediately.  If they took the time to consider me as a customer, they'd see my purchase history, and that I was in fact trying to breed pets for higher tiers.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0