• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Have you been ripped off?

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Well to be fair, i wouldn't go as far as calling this a rip off, but in the case of your pet bird an exchange would have been a nice gesture and an easy way to make a happier customer really.

1 person likes this

Posted

Good points, and thanks for the feedback.  My situation is not that case, but I do see your point.  FWIW, I did reach out nearly immediately.  If they took the time to consider me as a customer, they'd see my purchase history, and that I was in fact trying to breed pets for higher tiers.

I believe it all depends on luck and on their current workload. Sometimes they might grant such requests, sometimes they will decline them. Daum EU is (at least it seems like it) heavily understaffed and they don't have the time or capacity for such requests.
I am not trying to justify why they did not refund or change your purchases, but they are not even obligated to do so and I believe they would like to help if they could, but they just have enough work with support tickets and technical issues as is.

Posted

Well to be fair, i wouldn't go as far as calling this a rip off, but in the case of your pet bird an exchange would have been a nice gesture and an easy way to make a happier customer really.

^YES, an exchange or anything!  I was not asking for a real cash refund.  A digital refund or an exchange would have been great.  But, this situation revealed otherwise.

I believe it all depends on luck and on their current workload. Sometimes they might grant such requests, sometimes they will decline them. Daum EU is (at least it seems like it) heavily understaffed and they don't have the time or capacity for such requests.I am not trying to justify why they did not refund or change your purchases, but they are not even obligated to do so and I believe they would like to help if they could, but they just have enough work with support tickets and technical issues as is.

10 days for their first response.  But, hey...who's counting? :P

Showed no interest in helping me even if they could\would\should.  It's something like this that should get considered on a business level.  Keep your customers happy , treat them right, and they will be long term (which is good for a mmo, right?).  

Posted

I believe it all depends on luck and on their current workload. Sometimes they might grant such requests, sometimes they will decline them. Daum EU is (at least it seems like it) heavily understaffed and they don't have the time or capacity for such requests.I am not trying to justify why they did not refund or change your purchases, but they are not even obligated to do so and I believe they would like to help if they could, but they just have enough work with support tickets and technical issues as is.

And judging from the forum sample they likely have to deal with quite a few really stupid requests.

I used to work in retail (clothes store) for quick cash, i can tell from experience when you get 10 entitled jackass one after another, the quality of the service i would provide to the one normal person in between was affected.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've asked for a refund over a pet and was received with an actual response from a GM that was quite obviously not automated.. He explained that Daum does not have the tools to refund these items after they have already been activated in-game, which ultimately makes sense. I've received all other refunds that I've requested within their policy limits and it's never been an issue.. It just takes up to four or five days to receive the response.

Posted

I should get refunded when I want. Daum is bringing their foreign communist policy practices into the West.

ummm...good luck with that...

Posted

OP and people like it: Please use your brain and think a sec or two before you buy stuff and then want to return it. "Humans and Kangaroos can't breed, WTF?! Both stand on their hind legs, WTF!" A search on Google is faster than entering your parents CC numbers Think if even one such ticket take a couple of minutes of sort out and there's a hundreds of them, no wonder the support is bogged down and take days to get a response from with REAL ISSUES.

Posted

To be fair, think about what would happen if they actually would refund every purchase. They would be overloaded with refund requests due to various reasons players might be coming up with to get their item refunded.

For example, I could buy a Ghillie suit, troll around with it for a day and then make up a reason why I want it refunded. Or I could get a pet, use it for a day and then demand a refund because I can't breed it with the pet I already had or I didn't like the color and actually want another one.

if they had a policy like any other mmo, it wouldn't be a problem. Your item would be refunded for pearls. No, you would not be able to buy a ghili, troll with it for a day and try to refund it. You used it. 

Thinking two birds were combinable, finding out they aren't, and not using it is a much different scenario.  

Accidentally buying extra storage space that was not consumed is not the same either. 

1 person likes this

Posted

if they had a policy like any other mmo, it wouldn't be a problem. Your item would be refunded for pearls. No, you would not be able to buy a ghili, troll with it for a day and try to refund it. You used it. 

Thinking two birds were combinable, finding out they aren't, and not using it is a much different scenario.  

Accidentally buying extra storage space that was not consumed is not the same either. 

If you right-clicked the Pet and added it to your collection, then you technically 'used' it, no matter if it was ever summoned or not.

They don't have the required tools to undo it, thus can't refund it. 

Posted

No.

1 person likes this

Posted

I bought inventory weight for a class that I like esthetically just to find that it is a complete unplayable garbage 

Posted

I had seen some rant\rave threads about Daum "ripping" people off, etc. etc.  However, I brushed it off until it happened to me.

All I have to say is that I made a mistake with two items that I had purchased.

The first was a pet:  I had no clue you couldn't breed a macaw with a normal hawk.  I bought it thinking "Oh shiny....Hmmm, I wonder how that'll turn out".  I tried to breed, and was told I couldn't..."Doh!".  Well, apparently, the very moment you open\name a pet it is yours for life.  "NO REFUNDS --- BAM!  The policy will not bend to your foolish ways!"

I did the same thing, bought the parrot, leveled it, went to breed with the hawk and nope.  I filed a ticket on the 1st asking if it could be swapped out.  It's the 11th and no reply.

Not good.  You should be able to tell me anything, even "no", within 11 days.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I only paid $30 and got way more than a month's worth of playtime so No I wouldn't say I was ripped off.

But anyone who's still financially supporting this game ... There's no doubt they're getting ripped off because the entire system is so punitive to "Whales".   I HATE game studios that spend more time pandering to Whales than they spend polishing the rest of their game that the majority of players interact with.  But the Pricing models & RNG nature of the few "Pay 2 Win" features in this game are so TAXING and exploitive of Whale gamers that I honestly feel bad for them having more Dollars than Sense

And honestly?  If it came down to it?  I'd rather see those Whales give up and uninstall and risk the entire game dying completely just b/c it's so Bad

Edited by iller

Posted

I bought a costume on the wrong character when I logged on drunk once

does that count?

1 person likes this

Posted

I had the same problem with the birds like a month ago, submitted two tickets.  And the GM straight up said all dogs and all cats can be bred, just not birds...  There is still no "skill tip'" description that Macaw cannot be bred with other birds.  Even if they would make a macaw refund coupon or something for an exchange, why the hell don't you update the description?  Because its a RIP OFF.

If you right-clicked the Pet and added it to your collection, then you technically 'used' it, no matter if it was ever summoned or not.

They don't have the required tools to undo it, thus can't refund it. 

You can't even attempt to breed the pet without unwrapping it. 

Posted

That's not the way it works, the time and effort spent taking care of everyone that wanted to change something out because they don't like it or bought the wrong thing would be enormous. it's bad enough getting an answer on a tkt now, what if they break their policy for everyone that makes a mistake? overworked is an understatement, you have to draw a line and stick to it, that's the way it is everywhere.  

Posted

The op does have a point about the pet bird. Is it listed anywhere that the macaw cant breed with the other bird pets? This is something they need to fix. If they cant let people exchange the macaw for a different bird. They should let them breed together.

Posted

Nope, I'm perfectly content with this game.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0