• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Player luck and Node investments

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello, I'm a level 56 sorc fairly geared on Edan, I have a few concerns and inquires about a few things in the game and decided to start a thread about it to read and see how other players have experienced in the game so far. I self admit that RNG and I do not agree, and as such my luck, when it comes to anything other than enhancements (the fail stacking part not the succeeding part :P) is down the drain. I always have +5 luck in case anyone wants to know that.

Players having better luck than others and node investments: (I will use Hexe node for witch earrings as that is what we tested it on)

So my buddy (a ranger) and I created an account literally right next to each other, in the same room! So far, he has had way better luck than me when it comes to any rare loot. He does not care about knowledge grades (he does have mostly C's, we've checked to make sure), and he does not care about node investment or connecting the nodes, he knows going any where and farm for an hour he should have at least 1 if not 2 rare loots by the end of it (haven't gone to Valencia yet, do not have pri+ gear yet) I even had him kill 1 mob at a time to make sure its not a massive number of mobs he is killing per hour compared to myself. On the other hand, I spend hours, even days just to get 1 rare drop. So I started to reset my knowledge on mobs in the hope of getting an S or at least a B for a better chance, no luck with that. So I then invested energy in the node, that helped for a while, I got plenty of relic shards (I want to say a total of 50 max in the span of weeks) and 2 witch earrings and junk loot, but as soon as I got it to level 9, I rarely even get witch pouches (no witch earrings, no relic shards either)... So my question is, is the luck account based? as in if I create 10 accounts, each account will have random luck with it or what? Also about node investment, is that even worth it? because I have a level 9 node, farmed for 5 hours a day for 3 days straight, and only got turn in loot and 3 witch pouches only and I am sure I got better results before I had the level 9 node.

To put it in perspective, my buddy, another guild member (a witch), and I went there to farm, in 20 minutes my buddy got 19 relic shards, while me and the witch got nothing after staying there for about an hour and a half, and by nothing I mean not even a witch pouch. Is this normal or what?

Shard gathering for gear improvement:

I am a PvP minded person, while I understand I have the chance of sniping them of the market or pre-ordering them for over 15 mil for 1 sharp, I have taken to gathering in order to improve my gear. The result so far have been abysmal to say the least. Professional 4 gathering on my main, 232 energy, 5 characters. Over the span of 2 weeks, I have gathered a total of 5 Hards and 1 sharp (nowhere near enough with the amount I need with the luck I have). I then started crafting tools in the hope of getting lucky tools, got 5 of them, used 4 of them and got none. I thought using Lucky tools would improve my chances, but so far they have diminished my chances instead, I can however confirm that I have gotten way more trade items using them than the regular tools. Is this normal when it comes to lucky tools? Is the drop rate that I got normal compared to you? And lastly, has anyone found a better way (consistent way) to get them?

I really want feedback on your experience when it comes to node investment and luck when it comes to getting rare loot.

I know I'm a sorc, heard it all, really, best one is "Oh you are a sorc, set it to free looting, we have an extra pet in the party" *party leader set party loot to free looting*

Edited by MobyX

Posted

oh look another sorc whining.

Best-Cry-Ever.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

All the Sorc QQ threads and posts make me so happy :)

Posted

Well if you both read what I said, you would realize how stupid you both look, but then again that's none of my business.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well if you both read what I said, you would realize how stupid you both look, but then again that's none of my business.

I read the important details.

you are a sorc.

it has inquires/concerns written on the title.

I added those two up and came to a genuine conclusion that this is another sorc whining topic.

1 person likes this

Posted

ok then, how do you feel about players having better luck than others when it comes to rare loot and have node investments really helped you get better chances at rare loot? I realize the title is completely irrelevant and have changed it. 

Posted

lol he changed the title. Imao. doesn't matter, just reading the first sentence does the same.

Hello, I'm a level 56 sorc fairly geared on Edan, I have a few concerns and inquires

Posted

If you didn't know it yet, if you create a character, it has hidden stats. Unfortunatly also luck stats, which can impact as much as you described it in your post. This game is about RNG...only RNG. Layers of RNG. it will take time until people will get it and finaly stop investing time in such a stupid game-mechanic.

Posted

If you didn't know it yet, if you create a character, it has hidden stats. Unfortunatly also luck stats, which can impact as much as you described it in your post. This game is about RNG...only RNG. Layers of RNG. it will take time until people will get it and finaly stop investing time in such a stupid game-mechanic.

Is that confirmed or what? if that's the case then it doesn't matter how much time and effort I put, some other lucky person can get whatever without even breaking a sweat? 

Posted

They didn't mention luck specifically as a hidden stat but there are a lot of things pointing to it being there. Even between your own characters on the same account.

Of course this might all be tinfoil hat bullshit but it would not surprise me one bit. These dudes love their rng because rng = more fun. And even more RNG = Even more fun.

What they don't realize is that RNG has a hard cap. And this game is way past it.

Posted

yup..... rng

Posted

Is that confirmed or what? if that's the case then it doesn't matter how much time and effort I put, some other lucky person can get whatever without even breaking a sweat? 

There are several youtube videos that describe this phenomene, and hidden stats are confirmed yes. But they just said: there are hidden stats. You can bet there are hidden luck stats too ^^

Posted (edited)

Jouska already mentioned that every character has same base drop chance... He was asking developers specifically for this... So no, no hidden higher luck...

Though it doesnt mean drop rate aint bugged... There were numerous threads and mentions from people not getting any loot from nodes with level 5+... And after resetting it completely loot started appearing again...

I have similar experience at Hasrah temple... Without investment i would get a book or a crystal at least each hour... Now at lvl 7 i get only junk... (it was similar with hidden monastery, or whatever is name of MoS farm spot...)

Edited by RoakOriginal

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0