• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

2nd worst horse skill next to Caution

19 posts in this topic

Posted

I had a beutifull horse hit 14 learned skills by lvl 16. I thought for sure this was the one. 13 levels has passed and he hasnt learned a single skill, hes lvl 29 now.

So my question is if he doesnt get the 15th skill allowing him to trade caution for the 16th and be a perfect horse, what skill should I try and swap out for the last good skill.

My only worry is you can obviously get stuck in a cycle of trading that bad skill with caution back and forth 50/50 chance for a while before actually getting the one

Posted (edited)

"Start acceleration" is also pretty useless as for me, but yes, you are right that you can get stuck between it and caution.

Wow, that's actually pretty impressive that your horse managed to learn so many skills. Could you share please some details about it? What is the tier and skin of your horse, what is your level of your training skill, did you use any trainer costume or horse armor (including the ones from the Pearl store), did you train it in a wagon or just used single riding method?

Edited by Seasoul

Posted

Wow, that's actually pretty impressive that your horse managed to learn so many skills. Could you share please some details about it? What is the tier and skin of your horse, what is your level of your training skill, did you use any trainer costume or horse armor (including the ones from the Pearl store), did you train it in a wagon or just used single riding method?

Horse people. xD

Rumor I heard is that if you equip horsey with pearl armor it has greater chance to learn new skills. In my limited sample size of 2, the pearled up t3 learned skills left, right and sideways; while my naked t3 learned jack -----. 

Posted

Horse people. xD

Rumor I heard is that if you equip horsey with pearl armor it has greater chance to learn new skills. In my limited sample size of 2, the pearled up t3 learned skills left, right and sideways; while my naked t3 learned jack -----. 

that has nothing to do with rumor, simply hover over the pearl horse skins and read the set bonus's....one of them says increases the chance your horse learns skills.

"Start acceleration" is also pretty useless as for me, but yes, you are right that you can get stuck between it and caution.

that being said, I didnt use a horse skin, trainer costume would only increase how fast a horse lvls not how many skills it learns, so thats irrelevant. I leveld it single riding, no wagon. I'm only a skilled trainer, but again trainer lvls only increase how fast your horse lvls. 

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your information. By "horse skin" I meant just its color, not pearl look change (which is not available in our version if I'm not mistaking). I'm trying to verify one of the rumours that certain breeds learn better than others.

As for the horse pearl gear, personaly I have mixed impression but still wanted to hear experience of others. On T7 it didn't do anything really: 12 skills and got sprint only thanks to the coupon. I think I would get the same results without that gear. But there was something strange with T1 horse that I'm using for my experiment: by lvl 20 it has only 2 skills but those are sprint(initial) and charge.. At the same time a few T5-T6 wagon horses learned both IA and Charge almost at the same time and had no gear on them... Looks like rng so far. So as someone said before: probably its effect is extremely small and it is more for looks than functionality.

Edited by Seasoul

Posted

mini bump, still wondering what people think is worse between things like fore chop, hind kick, start acel, ect

Posted

before node war was introduced, i used to HATE forechop because it sometimes messes with instant acceleration... but now, forechop, charge (bugged) and hind kick can do massive damage to enemy structures, so i am keeping those skills for now...

Posted (edited)

trainer lvls only increase how fast your horse lvls. 

Actually I'm pretty sure it only increases how fast your horse learns a skill (meaning the skill goes from 0-100% faster, not that the horse learns skills more frequently).

2016-07-14_208056628.thumb.JPG.a75dab47a

Anyhow, start accel and roar are the most useless and annoying skills to have on a horse after caution IMO.

Edited by Anemone
wrong image
3 people like this

Posted

Fore Chop is garbage...screws with my insta accel.

4 people like this

Posted

Roar is pretty useless.

Posted

Fore Chop is garbage...screws with my insta accel.

hmm dang hopefully thats not too bad because Ive heard fore chop can help in node wars so Im holding onto it for now.

as it stands It looks like Roar or Start Acel are good candidates to chuck. 

Posted

GIT GUD

1 person likes this

Posted

hmm dang hopefully thats not too bad because Ive heard fore chop can help in node wars so Im holding onto it for now.

as it stands It looks like Roar or Start Acel are good candidates to chuck. 

I find roar and start accel quite useful. Passive HP/MP regen while mounted? yes please. And start accel saved me many times in pvp when i need a quick escape

Posted

I can second that fore chop is one of the most annoying skills to have with instant accel. Especially if you have a Drift + IE horse that happens to have forechop - if you're not going fast enough to use IE, then it'll immediately try to use FC. And leveling FC is a b*tch and a half.
However, if your horse doesn't have IE then you'll very rarely proc FC.

Also, FC isn't particularly handy in Node Wars or PvP, though Charge is pretty useful.

Posted

Hind kick I believe, which is S + F

It hinders a witch or wizard from using the ulti on a horse, mine is such a horse and it really sucks ass when I need it and "uh oh horse you want a jump and throw me off the horse instead? well that is fine) 

it entierly seems to block the player ability alltogether and renders the horse in my opinion next to useless. I haven't managed to get a tier 7 yet so not able to get a better one just yet sadly.... but if anyone on croxus wants to sell me a tier 7 that cannot breed please hit me up :D

Posted (edited)

This thread shows up in Google results when searching for bad mount skills or asking about the usefulness of "Start Acceleration".

I can confirm that Fore Chop is one of the most annoying things ever in this game when trying to use the "Instant Acceleration + Drift" reset combo to  travel faster. I'm pretty sure the only reason it was added, with its current shortcut, is to get on players' nerves until they pay money to delete that piece-of-garbage skill.

And I haven't thought of Hind Kick that way, as Kezha described; given that horses are very important combat tools for Wizards and Rangers, I'd say that I can now add Hind Kick as another piece-of-garbage skill that will limit a horse's usability when playing a Wizard.

And yes, you do take damage while on a horse as a Wizard or Ranger, and as a Ranger, you are extremely MP hungry and deprived, so Roar can be very useful if you like or play either of these classes. And who in their right mind would not play a Wizard, at least on the side, anyway? Top usefulness for node wars or organized PvP, and pretty much needed as an alt without crystals for world bosses.

Now regarding Start Acceleration, that's one thing I'm uncertain about. I read somewhere else that someone thinks it's useful for racing? However, when I hear that, the first thing that comes to my mind is: Isn't Charge much better for that and much faster, too? Start Acceleration forces you to spend about 1 second, give or take split-seconds, standing still before you can dash; however, Charge can pretty much instantly makes you dash on your horse, no waiting for front leg raises or anything like that. Moreover, Charge can, not only help you escape in PvP, but it actually knocks down players and mobs in the way, so that's even more helpful as it gives you time to really just disappear without them having enough time to catch up. Charge makes a horse like a bullet fired from a motionless position, so why would anyone need Start Acceleration for racing or otherwise? I'm still curious about that.

Edited by Olly

Posted

This thread shows up in Google results when searching for bad mount skills or asking about the usefulness of "Start Acceleration".

I can confirm that Fore Chop is one of the most annoying things ever in this game when trying to use the "Instant Acceleration + Drift" reset combo to  travel faster. I'm pretty sure the only reason it was added, with its current shortcut, is to get on players' nerves until they pay money to delete that piece-of-garbage skill.

And I haven't thought of Hind Kick that way, as Kezha described; given that horses are very important combat tools for Wizards and Rangers, I'd say that I can now add Hind Kick as another piece-of-garbage skill that will limit a horse's usability when playing a Wizard.

And yes, you do take damage while on a horse as a Wizard or Ranger, and as a Ranger, you are extremely MP hungry and deprived, so Roar can be very useful if you like or play either of these classes. And who in their right mind would not play a Wizard, at least on the side, anyway? Top usefulness for node wars or organized PvP, and pretty much needed as an alt without crystals for world bosses.

Now regarding Start Acceleration, that's one thing I'm uncertain about. I read somewhere else that someone thinks it's useful for racing? However, when I hear that, the first thing that comes to my mind is: Isn't Charge much better for that and much faster, too? Start Acceleration forces you to spend about 1 second, give or take split-seconds, standing still before you can dash; however, Charge can pretty much instantly makes you dash on your horse, no waiting for front leg raises or anything like that. Moreover, Charge can, not only help you escape in PvP, but it actually knocks down players and mobs in the way, so that's even more helpful as it gives you time to really just disappear without them having enough time to catch up. Charge makes a horse like a bullet fired from a motionless position, so why would anyone need Start Acceleration for racing or otherwise? I'm still curious about that.

Charge is better for races, but if you dont have RL money to spend on coupons to get charge then start accel is better than nothing. Its awesome when you can use charge and canel it and go straight into drift & IA it does make the difference in the race to be up the front.

ive removed FC from most of my race horses and especially from my T8s as sometimes a small rock/edge will make you do the FC animation and the mini game if it isnt leveled - which in a race isnt very helpful xD 

I do however normally keep Caution as it has saved me numerous times - i often get rid of FC and roar as i know to jump so caution doesnt trigger but if it does and you press space and youre at a stand still then that triggers roar xD 

Posted

@Aastrid  How do you cancel charge and go into drift? Do you use drift as the cancel or do you do something else for the charge cancel?

Posted

@Aastrid  How do you cancel charge and go into drift? Do you use drift as the cancel or do you do something else for the charge cancel?

Literally Q to charge as soon as the horse goes you just do the keys for drift then IA (and double IA if a T8) its really good to get a head start! A lot of people use this combo if the horse has the skills of course ^^

1 person likes this