• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Considering Returning - Game improved now?

58 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello folks!

I left the game about a month after release due to all the problems that were going on at the time.  As as semi-casual player, I began to feel the game was nothing more than a continual grind to plus up my weapons/armor and so it quickly lost the fun it once was.  For that reason, I went back to GW2 which is much more casual friendly.

Also, I often felt that BDO focused on gear so much that a skilled player who didn't have +15 on everything simply wouldn't have a chance against a complete moron with the top-tier gear.  Is this still the case?

Lastly, the game appeared to drive, almost force in some ways that you buy from the cash shop at those ridiculous prices.  Has this been changed as I never understood how a buy to play game felt so much like a pay to win.

If u dont blindly go in the high RNG bis gear farm right away and pick enforced enhancements carefully, u can get good gear pretty fast.

Once u got that, go for bis.

U lost a lot of time as semi tho. Should have stayed and farmed with a semi playtime plan.

Posted

nope, none of those issues have been handled in bdo yet. the cash shop is still sleezy, gear is the pinnacle of progression, and skill factors even less into victory than it did before, if you are looking for a quality mmo best look elsewhere.

Posted

This is a Korean mmo. It's a grind. Like it or leave it. Don't expect the nature of the game to change....

1 person likes this

Posted

If you want to do anything PVP related as a casual then forget it. BDO is NOT casual friendly in that field.

Posted

LOL ye. typical Gamer who can't get into competitive gaming at an E-Sports level so she comes to an MMO and starts measure E-peen by no lifing the game harder than anyone else and calling it skill.

there is a reason why these people suck at games and therefore come to MMOS to try to be "good" at games.

I been in professional esports for 2 games and semi professional for 1 game. I come to bdo because I can play whenever I want to without being stressed out balancing school work. Poker gets boring. Tell me what is a competitive esport level? What is even skill?

its even worse now. 

Think of it this way. Every minute you're away from the game is every minute you will not be able to ever make up for to counter 40% of the community which is hardcore as ----- with no lives.

tell me. How many players have full +18 gear in each server? How many have 19+?  You say 40% is harcore with no lives??? 

i mean just look at that one E-peen MMO try hard commenting up there. Still thinks grinding is a sign of skill and how good one is at a game. I prefer E-sports style pvp where Skill is the only factor. BDO has full potential to go full on arena e-sports with htis combat system but they're too ----- to do it.
But ye, now you know who's left playing this game "competitively".

then go play a different game?  Players like you who clearly doesn't know what bdo is come to the game then complaining about what makes the game it's own game. No one thinks grinding is how good someone is. No one said the top guilds in each server are skilled. They are usually described as "good gear" or "strong player" not "skilled player". Usually only players who don't know the dynamic of the game thinks they are good players

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Once you get full tri armor/weapon accessories make very little impact unless you got full tri vs someone with pri accessories. The game has gone casual. Even then a skilled player who lands cc and dodges cc will always beat someone who is gear carries and just uses attacks and no cc or is bad at cc.

Edited by Jumanji

Posted

boo whooo go play wow more your game also they hand you gear left and right

Just because he made you salty doesn't mean he wasn't right.

Posted

I been in professional esports for 2 games and semi professional for 1 game.

Which games ! :)

Posted

It only got worse

Posted (edited)

Stick to GW2. No point in quitting trash to go back to more trash. 

I do laugh at people who talk about "skill" in MMOs though. 

Edited by DarthAznable

Posted

The exaggerations and over dramatic people in this thread is truly amazing. Play the game if you are still having fun, who cares if someone will prolly out gear you or w/e, this will be the case in any mmo!

Just log in whenever you feel like and have fun!

Fun, something that mmos were made for...

Posted

Hello folks!

I left the game about a month after release due to all the problems that were going on at the time.  As as semi-casual player, I began to feel the game was nothing more than a continual grind to plus up my weapons/armor and so it quickly lost the fun it once was.  For that reason, I went back to GW2 which is much more casual friendly.

Also, I often felt that BDO focused on gear so much that a skilled player who didn't have +15 on everything simply wouldn't have a chance against a complete moron with the top-tier gear.  Is this still the case?

Lastly, the game appeared to drive, almost force in some ways that you buy from the cash shop at those ridiculous prices.  Has this been changed as I never understood how a buy to play game felt so much like a pay to win.

You can come play the game as a casual, nothing wrong with that. You get out what you put in. I mean even in WOW sure you can buy a level 100 token with level 100 gear but what do you really have? A level 100 warm stick of butter! Try taking that level 100 toon and getting into a hardmode Raid. You will be laughed out of the group and blocked. Even in Panda Bear WOW if you want to see the Hardmode Raids it takes serious time grinding out lower dungeons hours and hours a day to gear up enough for slightly tougher dungeons rinse and repeat for a year and you might find a spot in a hardmode raid. Even Panda Bear WOW isn't allowing you to step foot in the Leet content without some serious grinding.

Even in GW2 which you said you went back to, do you have a full complete set of ascended gear? If not you will laughed out of a lot of content and ascended gear isn't just laying around. People grind for ages to get that as well. So again even in your current game you find the same issue.

BDO is no different it just may seem that way to you. I know there are players who think that since they did well in other games that should give them these imaginary bonus points in their new game when in reality they're starting on the ground floor with everyone else.

Bottom line in any of these games you can take your time, explore, level up at your leisure and have fun doing it or you can go hardcore pouring hours and hours into it and try to compete with the top % of the server. Is the game enjoyable to you? If so play it, if not don't.

3 people like this

Posted

It is much worse now than it used to be. There is only one way to progress and that is gathering, which is something most people do not like doing.

Or just continue grinding for money like you usually do and then use the money that you earn from doing so to buy the black crystals from the marketplace? 

Posted

You can come play the game as a casual, nothing wrong with that. You get out what you put in. I mean even in WOW sure you can buy a level 100 token with level 100 gear but what do you really have? A level 100 warm stick of butter! Try taking that level 100 toon and getting into a hardmode Raid. You will be laughed out of the group and blocked. Even in Panda Bear WOW if you want to see the Hardmode Raids it takes serious time grinding out lower dungeons hours and hours a day to gear up enough for slightly tougher dungeons rinse and repeat for a year and you might find a spot in a hardmode raid. Even Panda Bear WOW isn't allowing you to step foot in the Leet content without some serious grinding.

Even in GW2 which you said you went back to, do you have a full complete set of ascended gear? If not you will laughed out of a lot of content and ascended gear isn't just laying around. People grind for ages to get that as well. So again even in your current game you find the same issue.

BDO is no different it just may seem that way to you. I know there are players who think that since they did well in other games that should give them these imaginary bonus points in their new game when in reality they're starting on the ground floor with everyone else.

Bottom line in any of these games you can take your time, explore, level up at your leisure and have fun doing it or you can go hardcore pouring hours and hours into it and try to compete with the top % of the server. Is the game enjoyable to you? If so play it, if not don't.

i went back to GW2 to this game is to much RNG based way to much 

and you can craft ascended gear in no time you just need so 500 gold buy mats and craft till 500 and wola  

i have a full set in less then a week 

i was hoping i love this game but sadly the upgrading system sucks balls 

maybe i get back later when things get allot easier 

i more like pvp with the same gear then players that out gear you and you have trouble getting your gear ready 

Posted (edited)

I love the people who spend time on the forums telling others to go play something else, pretending their "hardcore". 

You're posting on the forum dude, you're not playing the game....

Edited by fariic@yahoo.com

Posted

Hello folks!

Success is more gear dependent than at launch and gear takes more time than it did at launch get to competitive levels in PvP.

Posted

Hello folks!

BDO's gear progression is very static. As of right now gear doesn't get better than what we mostly have now. Yes gear matters for PvP/PK but that is how the game is meant to be. Lets face it gear matters in WvW for gw2 as well. A level 80 in greens won't be killing a level 80 in ascended. If you want to enjoy bdo stop playing it as if you are going to catch up to other people who have been playing for the month you took off. The massive world became larger with the Valencia patch. Now if you don't enjoy what you are doing in BDO then you won't enjoy BDO in general.

Posted

i went back to GW2 to this game is to much RNG based way to much 

and you can craft ascended gear in no time you just need so 500 gold buy mats and craft till 500 and wola  

i have a full set in less then a week 

i was hoping i love this game but sadly the upgrading system sucks balls 

maybe i get back later when things get allot easier 

i more like pvp with the same gear then players that out gear you and you have trouble getting your gear ready 

500 gold will get you completely set with 4 attribute stat Armor, weapons, trinkets and back item? Sweet deal!

Posted

Wait what?.... ahh nvm

Posted (edited)

BDO is doing a very good job of weening out the toxic and rude OWPvP element who try to play MMORPGs as if they were an FPS or MOBA game.  As you can see there are still a few of those around though, when even after finding out the game is not only about OWPvP but also about PvE level achievement and gear progression (PvE grinds), they still hang around the forums spewing their rudeness and toxicity trying to change the game into something that it is not.  This game has level achievement and gear progression through RNG.  If this type of MMORPG is not your cup of tea, why even bother?  Eve, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Counter strike etc., are all calling for you and your bethren.  Go in peace.  History has proven that BDO will do just fine without that PvP element.

Edited by CurlyBaby

Posted

Just don't recommend them Eve lol. 

They will cry that they got suicide yanked in his while freighter transporting their stuff. Or hauling plex in a shuttle and get killed at Jita (happened to a friend afterwards we started trolling him for why he did that xD). Or cry they can't do missions in ls and ns coz they get scanned and killed. 

Posted (edited)

dasdsadasdsa

Edited by Kaiwen_BDO

Posted

wow sounds like more your type of game 

Damn it feels good to be a gangster

Posted

I been in professional esports for 2 games and semi professional for 1 game. I come to bdo because I can play whenever I want to without being stressed out balancing school work. Poker gets boring. Tell me what is a competitive esport level? What is even skill?

hahahaha cool story bro. Amazing what you can say on the internet with no proof.

I'll tell you what e-sports competitiveness is: definitely not what you think it is. 

Posted (edited)

Pro tip: If you want to show how good you are, go 1v1 each other in game. Let us forumers PvForum in peace. (✿◡‿◡) 

Edited by Aethernal