• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

98 posts in this topic

Posted

The drop rate on these thing is ridiculous I get 1 for every 1000 energy on average. They need another way of getting them then just gathering so we can at least craft as well. Or set it to at least get one every 300 or so.

10 people like this

Posted

Nah, getting 1 every 10000 energy is the way to go, gathering is fun! I stopped drinking coffee nowadays, all I do these days is gather to stay awake! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!!

4 people like this

Posted

LOL nice one.

Posted

ITT: Hyperbolic whining and making up fake numbers

4 people like this

Posted

Depending on your RNG it can be REALLY bad. Nearly 2,000 shovels used, and 10+ lucky tools and still ZERO shards. This really is bad and im surprised the Koreans havent said anything?

Posted

Here we go again...

1 person likes this

Posted

RNG is RNG. You have good days and bad days. Few tips;

1. Get 3-4 workshops mass producing lucky steel tools.

2. You'll find your energy goes alot further as you rank up in gathering. You'll really notice a difference at artisan. 

Posted

RNG is RNG. You have good days and bad days. Few tips;

1. Get 3-4 workshops mass producing lucky steel tools.

2. You'll find your energy goes alot further as you rank up in gathering. You'll really notice a difference at artisan. 

Tip: sharp fluid collectors are the easiest to collect. Go ham on the tons of sheep north of Heidel.

Posted

We need ATLEAST one thread about gathering shards everyday right

Posted

1 for 1000 energy is pretty unlucky. I usually get 2-3 for ~700 shovels at Artisan 3. It still isn't fun though. I get about 4 hours to play after getting home from work and 45min of it is spent watching my character dig.

Posted

We need ATLEAST one thread about gathering shards everyday right

its whats on everyones mind. My biggest mistake was holding onto my silver in anticipation of the night trader instead of blowing it all on shards before Valencia. I lost that gamble and now have to get by with my allotment of 1 shard per 2 days.

Posted

Also 2000 energy no shards, need to be Asian I guess

Posted

LIke I said if I got 1 in a 1000 energy that would be bad luck and yeah rng I wouldn't care so some days good some bad.. but I average 1 in 1000 either my luck is super bad or the drop rate sucks.

Posted

I'm happy with the current drop rate.  Having the best gear in the game should be hard as hell to achieve.  If you don't like gathering then grind to get silver and purchase them on the market.  Of course there aren't many available on the market due to limited supply and huge demand but, over time, the demand will decrease. 

3 people like this

Posted

Another post about a player who wants everything they want, by only doing the things that they want, and be damned about other in game activities. If you can't handle gathering the shards yourself, saving the silver to preorder them, or waiting until the demand dies down, go find a game more suited to your tastes. I prefer a game that tries to make more of it's content relevant. Gathering is now relevant. Before the introduction of shards, gathering as a profession was a waste of time.

Plenty of players have obtained enough shards to TRI all their gear and continue towards TET. I imagine you also want Ogre rings to be easier to obtain. 

The drop rate on these OGRE RINGS is ridiculous I get 1 for every 1000 OGRES on average. They need another way of getting them then just FIGHTING so we can at least craft as well. Or set it to at least get one every 300 or so.

Fixed for you.

3 people like this

Posted

Everyday I'm shovelin

2 people like this

Posted

Dont understand all the whining, the average for me and everyone i know is 1 shard every 100-150 shovells or lucky tool gathers.

If you are gathering with standars tools yeah, multiply that by 5x.

Learn what works and what doesnt before you come here and whine on the forums. Stop trying to get games to become easy to suit your needs. 

TL;DR

git gud or gtfo

Posted

I get one every 100 to 150 energy your just being a cry baby. I've been gathering since they came out.

1 person likes this

Posted

Farming 2 plots of peppers over 5 days has earned 7 sharp and 5 hard. Takes 2mins to kill bugs/prune. I am also art 6 gathering and I won't ever go back to gathering since farming is less work.  Also the game is a marathon not a sprint so the drop rate is perfect. 

Posted

I'll go back to farms and see how that goes, thanks peeps.

Posted

i get 1-2 per 200, they buffed it im sure

Posted

Plenty of players have obtained enough shards to TRI all their gear and continue towards TET.

Yes, thru purchasing on the market. Not by gathering.

Posted

Yes, thru purchasing on the market. Not by gathering.

So People selling them "out of their asses" ????

Can´t really sell something no one is gathering.....

Posted

I only got 13 today, better droprate plzplz.

Posted

Yet another one of these threads we get like what 3-5 of these a day depending on RNG?

I'm Art gathering and I have no real prob getting 1-2 with my silly low energy pool of 160.

Has anyone thought of farming and doing a guild gathering mission at same time? It might be less boring for those who think it is not action packed like "Grinding Mobs".