• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Sudden Low Australian Ping - Eden Only

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So there was a post on reddit about all E1 channels except Velia E1 giving Australians and OCE players super low pings. We are talking from the average 180 -200 ping down to 30 - 50. Tried it myself and it does indeed seem to be crazy low ping times. Stuff loads instantly, there is no delay on storage, npcs, looting... it's all just so wonderful. Can any of the CMs comment as to this being a permanent thing you have been experimenting with in the background? Or is this just some type of insane bug with your servers because this needs to be a permanent thing! I've never been more hyped to play now and honestly never thought there would be low pings for this game.

Edited by Serimorph
1 person likes this

Posted

And how much are the NA players getting on E1s of all channels excerpt viela now?

Posted

A few of us discovered this and are the reason for that post you linked to.

We're trying to figure out a few things, such as which channels are giving us low ping and if players from other regions are experiencing worse pings on those channels.

Currently, I'm getting 30~ Ping as an Australian to: Balenos E1, Serendia E1, Calpheon E1 and Valencia E1.
All E2 channels have been giving me 200+ while testing different channels.

If this is going to be permanent, I wouldn't mind if it's only one or at most two channels with these servers, but the game feels incredible. 
I've not been this excited to play this game ever. Everything is smooth, everything works how it should and it feels amazing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Have tried a few channels out on Uno and still getting ~300, if this is something only for Edan I might get a bit upset

Posted

It's about time something went our way for once.

Posted

How are you checking your pings?

Posted

How are you checking your pings?

task manager > performance > resource monitor > network > find BDO under TCP connections and find the latency column

Posted

task manager > performance > resource monitor > network > find BDO under TCP connections and find the latency column

Awesome thanks. I'll have to check when I get home too. I am on uno but would ditch months of progress and real cash spent for a 50ms server.

Posted

Awesome thanks. I'll have to check when I get home too. I am on uno but would ditch months of progress and real cash spent for a 50ms server.

Uno as well, so far i have tried Mediah/Calpheon/Serendia U1 channels and so far no change in ping

Posted

Apparently a few people from Orwen have reported low ping.

I've gotten 10+ confirmed players with lower ping on Edan though.

Posted

From 160ms to 10-30ms on Edan. I don't see how this is physically possible though. Isn't it just different routing or a proxy to counter DDOS? But how do you explain all the increased performance people are reporting.. D:

Posted

Can confirm working on Uno. Connecting from Australia.

unknown.thumb.png.ff53ed61bf874247c10909

Posted

I am in QLD, Australia, 200 ping on Seridia02

50 ping on Mediah01

WTF

Posted

I can confirm lower latency on Edan

Calph E2: - Image 1

Calph E1: - Image 2

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Posted (edited)

When I do an IPLOOKUP when connected to on MediahO1 where I get 50ms (Orwen) I get this:

IP: 184.87.210.165
Country    :Australia  

When I connect to SerendiaO2 where i got 200ms
IP: 209.58.137.207  
Country    :United States  

Doing a WHOIS on both IP's

The US IP address is owned by LeaseWeb which is a US based server hosting company. Liley who Daum is renting servers from that run the game

Where as the AU IP address is owned by Akamai which is a global Content delivery provider.

It is difficult to say if Akamai is providing a content proxy which would make no difference to over gaming experience, as the proxy still needs to talk back to the US, or if they are hosting the actual channel which would make a huge difference.

Edited by David86

Posted

Can confirm working on Uno. Connecting from Australia.

unknown.thumb.png.ff53ed61bf874247c10909

Which channel?

Posted

Anyone figured out if there's a sweet spot server post merge for lag in Australia? Or did they remove AKAMAI server caching (to our great disappointment)?

Posted

Yeah its saying I have a low latency on Bal1 now too... However it was just accompanied by guild wide shit lag lockups and just -----ing disgusting desync whole node war.

So... Hey a low number that doesnt count for much is cool 9_9

Posted

Anyone know which channel currently has the lowest ping for Australians?

Posted

Channels dont effect ping

australian ping delay comes from the phyical distance between us and the servers oversea. 

Posted

Anyone know which channel currently has the lowest ping for Australians?

Some 3 and 5 channels such as calpheon and serendia are currently giving lower ping

Channels dont effect ping

australian ping delay comes from the phyical distance between us and the servers oversea. 

The channels do affect ping but not for the reason you think, some channels have different routing to the NA server cluster due to some Anti-DDOS company they made a contract with, these servers give similar benefits that you would see with a VPN such as reduced packet loss and less congestion the 10-30 ping being displayed is actually the connection to the SEA route before it goes to the NA server, its still a significant improvement in pvp to fight on those channels