• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Actually, thank you for butchering Dark Flame

36 posts in this topic

Posted

So, this title might sound like it came from some salty (keyboard) warrior.

But no, I have played Sorc since the headstart and will never trade it in for another main class.
An exception might be made in having an alt Ranger to grind until awakenings are released.

To come to the main point of this topic:
Ever since DF was butchered to the state it is in now, I have seen at least 5-6 +15 Liverto Amulets being sold on the marketplace (EU - Alustin, so not even the most populated server in the region).

This means that all the people who went for Sorc because of the usual FOTM classhopping are now quitting to play it, leaving only the people who truly love this class and see its potential.
Now, personally I hold the opinion that Sorceress is - currently - in a very weak state, especially in grinding. I now have about the same grind speed with 174AP as a berserker from my guild who has only 155. But hey, awakenings will eventually equalize that to an acceptable degree.

I have to admit that I struggle a bit in PvP currently as well, but that is something that can be endured. I am aware that there are Sorcs out there who still kill a lot of people reliably, so I assume I still have to learn some stuff. Especially people who played on KR/RU for a long time before our version was released are at a clear advantage in terms of practise and muscle memory.

Nobody in his right mind would argue that DF in its original form (especially with the 100% crit chance on cooldown, which was bugged) wasn't overtuned.
Personally, I would argue that a nerf of around 20-25% would have sufficed to make it a balanced skill. But we all know that it got completely butchered even if you only use it off cooldown.
That isn't purely a bad thing though.

Our class has been cleansed from people who only went for it because of its overtuned power at the time.
I would guess that the overall class population has at least halved, making it something "special" again.

And once the great equaliser (as I tend to call awakenings because of their comparatively well-done balancing according to KR) arrives, we will be able to truly shine again.
So, rejoice, dear brothers and sisters. Our time of glory will soon arrive once again (1-2 months according to some interviews), but without all the toxicity that surrounded this class for months.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Sorc is a hard class, but DF is broken, which means we miss damage output. And just cause Daum can't communicate with PA we shouldnt accept that we are unplayable, come on killing equally geared takes 100x more effort than ranger and tamer (which I also play)

Like.. this game is full of bugs, don't take DF no damage for granted. DF was broken strong, but now it is broken weak. Like every player in mass pvp escapes me 9/10 times with less than 10% HP, IMAGINE IF I HAD MORE (as intended) DF DAMAGE

Edited by Flaw
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

DF is weak and some others spells especially in PvE 

Edited by Ashenvall

Posted (edited)

And once the great equaliser (as I tend to call awakenings because of their comparatively well-done balancing according to KR) arrives, we will be able to truly shine again.

Keep dreaming.... DAUM/PA Balance Team is around!

Edited by Jylin

Posted

Oh look a fairly positive thread. Derailed into the salt mines in 3...2....1...

Posted

Oh look a fairly positive thread. Derailed into the salt mines in 3...2....1...

Salt answer....

Posted

Sorc is a hard class, but DF is broken, which means we miss damage output. And just cause Daum can't communicate with PA we shouldnt accept that we are unplayable, come on killing equally geared takes 100x more effort than ranger and tamer (which I also play)

Like.. this game is full of bugs, don't take DF no damage for granted. DF was broken strong, but now it is broken weak. Like every player in mass pvp escapes me 9/10 times with less than 10% HP, IMAGINE IF I HAD MORE (as intended) DF DAMAGE

I know that it's broken, or at least heavily butchered. But still, this thread is supposed to at least find something positive in the current situation.
And give more motivation while waiting for our sweet, sweet scythe.

Posted

I know that it's broken, or at least heavily butchered. But still, this thread is supposed to at least find something positive in the current situation.And give more motivation while waiting for our sweet, sweet scythe.

something positive....w8...oh...

Level up? Improved gear? Found new combos? Life skills?

Posted

something positive....w8...oh...

Level up? Improved gear? Found new combos? Life skills?

Professional salt miners leaving the class to those who enjoy it for its concept is a positive thing.
It might be one of the very few positive things in the current situation, but hey. It's something.

Posted

Professional salt miners leaving the class to those who enjoy it for its concept is a positive thing.
It might be one of the very few positive things in the current situation, but hey. It's something.

I still played my class but with bitterness... 

Posted

We must play another main class. Maybe ranger or tamer, have you a information when comes to awakening skills?

Posted (edited)

We must play another main class. Maybe ranger or tamer, have you a information when comes to awakening skills?

Sure we might not be as good as *INSERT ANY CLASS HERE* but im still grinding and doing pvp on sorc.

GL when awakening  comes out and u realise ur 56 and have 800sp. "YAY I HAS SCYTHE AND 1 AMAZING SKILL"

I just see sorcs that supposedly have played since headstart never give up on the class bullshit. but are playing ranger atm

Im sure we will get alot more "PLS DELETE SORC" threads when we get awakening.

DoD > Spin2WIN = dead people (combo that every sorc depending on skill level can pull off)

As u can tell people have a habbit to stack up in red BG and they will continue to do so even when we get awakening. Untill they learn that is...

Get ur shadowplay ready for mass salt harvesting in red BG when 20 people stack up and u black hole them and finnish them off with 1 swing from the scythe. (yea super hard combo)

Iframe > 1 shotting skills > OP Mass pvp skills > stealth(everyone loves stealth) > massive aoe CC

Im sure we will get more "NERF/DELETE SORC" threads. 

Edited by Purie
1 person likes this

Posted

Sure we might not be as good as *INSERT ANY CLASS HERE* but im still grinding and doing pvp on sorc.

GL when awakening  comes out and u realise ur 56 and have 800sp. "YAY I HAS SCYTHE AND 1 AMAZING SKILL"

I just see sorcs that supposedly have played since headstart never give up on the class bullshit. but are playing ranger atm

images.jpg

I assure you, I am well prepared for the release of awakenings :^)

Also, where did I say anything about playing a Ranger currently?

Posted (edited)

So, this title might sound like it came from some salty (keyboard) warrior.

But no, I have played Sorc since the headstart and will never trade it in for another main class.
An exception might be made in having an alt Ranger to grind until awakenings are released.

Im not saying there isn't sorcs that ain't prepared. If ur 57/58 and +1k skillpoints u might be fine. 

I have 55 ranger for world bosses. 

Edited by Purie

Posted

I grinded 35% solo from 56 to 57 in about 8 hours yesterday. I can farm basilisks and crescent easily till weapon durability goes to 0. All in all there is no point complaining about pve grinding, its not so good as other classes but I cant complain, and keep in mind even though ranger farms faster you can just bash their skulls in instead. :D

2 people like this

Posted

I grinded 35% solo from 56 to 57 in about 8 hours yesterday. I can farm basilisks and crescent easily till weapon durability goes to 0. All in all there is no point complaining about pve grinding, its not so good as other classes but I cant complain, and keep in mind even though ranger farms faster you can just bash their skulls in instead. :D

1 ranger told me that he can grind ~2k off those crescent shrine vendor trash items before he had to go repair.

My last run was a bit over 5k. Sure ranger is gonna get that 2k alot faster but he has to repair alot more often. 

So i'd say sorc farms crescent shrine faster than ranger.

Posted (edited)

So i'd say sorc farms crescent shrine faster than ranger.

Unless the ranger goes next level and brings multiple weapons.

In all seriousness our PvE isn't bad. Our sustain is in fact amazing.

Edited by Scarflare
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Unless the ranger goes next level and brings multiple weapons.

well ranger is still gonna farm pirates/sausan/basilisk alot faster than us. 

I don't think its coincidence that highest level people happen to be rangers.

Edited by Purie

Posted (edited)

On crescent yeah. On pirates though for example I think there is actually a really really big discrepancy in farming speed, I would not be surprised if they go as much as 30-40% faster.. would have to ask one I guess. I also noticed warrior was some pretty insane pirate farming speed when geared.

Im sure we will get more "NERF/DELETE SORC" threads. 

Always.. we get even now, you show people the air combo on high AP they will go crazy of how sorc can still oneshot anyone. Whats beyond me is why they don't notice that we are by far not the only class that can do this, there is now zerker grab -> dead, blader combo -> dead, tamer knockdown -> dead, ap wizard knockdown -> dead, valk knockdown-> not dead but barely alive. And even though we got iframe all those other classes have other great abilities as well. But ye, f*ck sorc am I right. 

Edited by digitalriot

Posted

Tried to leave the sorc class, made bold statements to that effective, but simply can't leave her...I truly adore this class, how it plays, how it looks, the feel. I am with her to the end. 

Posted (edited)

185AP sorc here. Warrior from my guild with 155 AP can kill crescent shrine monsters faster than me (skills i use for grinding: claws maxes, waves maxed, dark flame for block maxed anyway, bloody calamity, and shadow eruption - claws being main; and i do have enough accuracy). 

Soooo.... tell me more.

Edited by Chun-Chun
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

0006.gif

Edited by Vashy
1 person likes this

Posted

You are praising Daum EU for not fixing a DF bug that cost a great population of Sorceress to disappear.

Have you ever though what is going to happen when another " bug " will plague the Scythe that you are waiting for? I mean Sorceress were fine for years with the old DF, until Daum EU requested to "Balance"  pre-awakening classes, and here is the result. I am 100% sure that the Scythe we will get will not be the same Scythe they have in Korea. Because Daum Eu will also " balance " it for our version.

You do realise that next time, people won't be able to simply reroll  to a different class. Because they would need to re-grind 1200+ skill points and 58+ levels. They will quit for good.

The old DF was bugged with applying 100% crit even on CD, which was not intended to happen.

Even without that, it was overtuned, as I previously stated.
But I am not happy with the "new" DF, don't put words in my mouth. If you take a look through my posting history in the Sorc forum, you will find enough evidence for that.

This entire topic is about finding positivity in a bad situation, and I think hundreds of toxic kiddies disappearing is a VERY positive thing.
As of now, there is no reason to believe we will get a different version of awakenings. They are very balanced according to the KR community, so I heavily doubt that there will be a lot of nerfs/buffs.

Posted (edited)

185AP sorc here. Warrior from my guild with 155 AP can kill crescent shrine monsters faster than me (skills i use for grinding: claws maxes, waves maxed, dark flame for block maxed anyway, bloody calamity, and shadow eruption - claws being main; and i do have enough accuracy). 

Soooo.... tell me more.

Have to agree with Chu Chu on this one tbh, I have about 170AP and 202DP without the defence buff and I see most other my friends playing other classes having a less challenging time killing mobs in valencia, while I struggle pretty bad (Level 57 as well). I just miss that good dmg filler to clear mobs well.

Not saying its an easy breeze for them, but they can honestly see the difference in my ability to be effective in PvP or help tons in PvE compared to alternative classes now. I tend to just be the 20AP bot in the group at the mo which is something to be happy about. 

Edited by Ryukenwulf

Posted

Have to agree with Chu Chu on this one tbh, I have about 170AP and 202DP without the defence buff and I see most other my friends playing other classes having a less challenging time killing mobs in valencia, while I struggle pretty bad (Level 57 as well). I just miss that good dmg filler to clear mobs well.

Not saying its an easy breeze for them, but they can honestly see the difference in my ability to be effective in PvP or help tons in PvE compared to alternative classes now. I tend to just be the 20AP bot in the group at the mo which is something to be happy about. 

Perhaps I should rephrase, I think it's the worse farm speed of the classes, though I think warrior would be pretty close.
I realise that we're in a pretty bad place right now, yet I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be.

But yeah, that's just the general exaggerations for attention when someone claims they are simply unable to farm anything because Sorc damage is too low.
On the bright side we have great sustain and don't have to worry a whole lot about potions. - Could argue that other classes have the same tools, just pretty done with all the negativity.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0