• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

best resistance necklace?

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

im planning to get one of the new Manos resistance necklaces for PvP, but im undecided about which would be best for us.

Im leaning towards stun/stiff/freeze but grapple or all resist might be good choices as well.

knockdown - easy to stack on boots and soon there might be 25% KD resist for helmet as well (bddatabase.net), so i could even get a stamina crystal in boots and still overcap my KD res

floating - hard to stack on other pieces but i dont get hit with that very often and even if, its usually in a combo which starts with a stun/stiff, so i might as well stack that

grapple - really good against tank classes, especially berserkers which usually kill you or get you killed by others with their grapple combo. there might be 25% grapple gems for gloves in the future (bddatabase.net) so i could also get it from there if i sacrifice 2 crit for it (im using kzarka so usually 2x2 crit in gloves).

stun/stiff/freeze - difficult to stack otherwise and a lot of classes use it. for example the wizard/witch aoe and tamer pet but im not sure if it would really help against them because they do multiple hits and might still end up stunning(stiffing? XD) you with a high chance, anyone tried stun/stiff res against those classes?

all resist - a little bit of everything, overall this necklace gives more total resistance than the others but if you can cap KD resist anyway (unless you prefer other crystals in boots/helmet) it might not be as useful.

whats your opinion? help me decide pls ^^ oh and try to think about group pvp, not 1v1 duels.

Edited by Alexiel

Posted

I personally find the stun ress being the most beneficial. Seems that if I get hit by a stun I'll be chain cc'd to death. Most times if I avoid or immune the stun I find myself avoiding most other cc.

Posted (edited)

I have 1 resist neck and its the grapple one. (get countered u filthy giants)

If ur serious 1v1 arena tryhard and u like min/maxing. U gonna end up using more than 1 off those necks.

Stun resist neck is my 2nd choice.

Edited by Purie

Posted

so its either stun or gapple like i thought, thanks.

which would you prefer in group pvp?

Posted

It's hard to say. you have arguments for both, you should probably test both out if you wish to determine.

Rng, eh..

Posted (edited)

so its either stun or gapple like i thought, thanks.

which would you prefer in group pvp?

well ur best AP neck is way to go if u can get away with it.

It all depends on the situation. just use ur head and figure out what is the correct move.

Im only using grapple resist neck in duels(if I remember to swap) and if opposing team is heavy on giants.

not sure if u can even swap neck with a keybind if ur grapped. would be good thing to do. I'll test it.

Edited by Purie

Posted

It appears that sorc now uses CS exclusively allowing the gloves to be opened up for resis gems (If you aimed for 5/5 before).

Posted

It appears that sorc now uses CS exclusively allowing the gloves to be opened up for resis gems (If you aimed for 5/5 before).

yeah, no. I heard this claim before. And I'd like to see something to back it up.

From the quick tests i did yesterday, it seemed the same as it's always been. Significant difference between 5 and 0 AS on the affected spells.

But then again, your word against mine.

Posted (edited)

yeah, no. I heard this claim before. And I'd like to see something to back it up.

From the quick tests i did yesterday, it seemed the same as it's always been. Significant difference between 5 and 0 AS on the affected spells.

But then again, your word against mine.

it was actually me who brought this up and i still claim that AS has 0 effect and all those skills are affected by CS :P I even tested with recording and measuring the time for midnight stinger. For the other, spammable skills the difference between 0 CS and 5 CS is clearly noticable. Its funny that you say the same about AS but i tested with AS too and its cleary not as fast as with CS and imo makes no difference at all O.o

I have Kzarka though so i use 2x2 crit in gloves and nothing frees up for me ^^

Edited by Alexiel

Posted (edited)

Hopefully we can come to a unified conclusion on whether or not AS has any effect anymore.

Edited by dooderek

Posted

just try it.

back to topic, ill definitely get the stun necklace for group pvp. all that aoe stun is so annoying, i just hope that it helps against the multi-hit skills.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0