• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Early access to character creation

Early access to character creation   31 votes

1. 1. Your opinion:

• Good idea
    • Bad idea

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Would you guys like to get an early acces to the character creation sections e.g. a week before the main start of the game? For me it's been really important because usually I spend about 4-5 hours on creating my character and as we all know BDO offers much more detailed creation tool then any other game, so this number might multiply here :D I'd love to see this feature added.

Posted

I would love it if I could import the customization data from my JP server characters

Posted

Would be cool but i guess that will not be an option. :(

Posted (edited)

We had a thread on this. I don't think it's a good use of their limited resources. They would have to have some servers ready a week earlier and all that.

Edited by poppaea

Posted (edited)

I would love it if I could import the customization data from my JP server characters

you can with some effort

when you save your character creation information it saves it to a file. You can back that file up in a seperate folder and overwrite the clean character template file for this game.

I've actually saved templates for about 4 different characters playing in Korea and during alpha. but keep that in mind, each character doesnt get their own save file, you physically need to go into your folder where it saves this information and create your own backups.

I made a folder for archer, wiitch, sorceress. i go into the character editor for each and save them, go out to windows explorer and copy the (character template file) current class im editing in game to the class folders ive created. Then when I re-created my character during alpha, I just copied that file overwriting the new file the game created and loaded it and it works.

another great thing is you can save your current characters appearance and change it at any time in game after you created your character so if you're playing in japan or korea, you can keep tweaking your character there and use it for the NA/EU version

hope this helps!

Edited by Grimsley
more details
1 person likes this

Posted

I will add for interested people, that in Windows 7 you can find this file here: C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\Black Desert\Customization