• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Upcoming Skill and Awakening system revisions

269 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are excited to announce that the Skill Awakening System is being updated and revised.  Additionally the “Skill Reset System” has been revised.  Below you will find a quick break down of the changes you can expect.

Skill Add-On System

• “Skill Awakening System” is being renamed to “Skill Add-On”

• The Skill Add-On System can be accessed via Skill Instructor NPC.

• You unlock skill add-ons from lvl 50 on, specifically you can obtain one normal skill add-on thee times total.

• Level 50

• Level 52

• Level 54

• While attaching add ons you can choose up to two effects to apply.

• After attaching add-ons you can use 1 Fragment of Memory to change the add-on or change the skill you want the add-on attached to.

• You may also use a Pearl Item, “Cliff’s Skill Add-On Guide (Skill Add-On Reset)” which will allow you to freely attach or change add-ons without using Fragment of Memory.

• Your Skill Add-Ons will remain the same if you use an “All Skill Reset”.

Skill Reset System

• Players can now freely re-distribute their skill points at anytime, either all of them or just a portion of them, on any character up to level 55.

• From lvl 56 and up you will need to use “Armstrong’s Skill Guide (Combat Skill Reset)” to reset skills which can be purchased from the Pearl Shop.

• To reset all of your skills open your skill window (Default K) and click the new button in the upper right corner of the window.

• To reset an individual skill simply right click the skill icon from the skill window.

• You cannot reset entire skill chains via the right click option, you must reset the highest rank and work your way back.

• If you hold the mouse cursor on the skill that you want to reset you should see the message “You can reset the skill with a right-click” on the upper part of the description window and the skill icon should be highlighted in red.

Obviously these are major changes to the systems we have all come to know, with the changes being based on feedback from the community. The Developers at Pearl Abyss have been working on these changes for several reasons, and prior to bringing them to our version we wanted to make sure their intentions were clear, as such we asked them for a brief explanation of their ideas behind the new system which we are happy to share with you now.

Developers Reasoning for the New System and Changes

• To help resolve the issue where players hesitate to invest in skills because they are afraid that they might be investing in the wrong skills or that they may be wasting their skill points.

• To eliminate the feeling of needing to save your skill points for later which can make the game more difficult and some classes less fun.

• To create an environment where players are encouraged to try new skills and tactics.

• To stop players from only selecting a few skills which can lead to building weaker characters.

Alongside with these changes we will be updating the Challenge Rewards to support these new systems.  Additionally we wanted to make sure that using the Pearl Store was no longer your only option to reset skills and as such have added the Combat Skill Reset (1 Day) to the Loyalty Store.

Challenge Reward Changes

• Play Time +200 Hours will give Armstrong’s Skill Guide (1 Day)

• Play Time +500 Hours will give Cliff’s Skill Add-On Guide (30 Day)

• Play Time +5,000  Hours will give Armstrong’s Skill Guide (30 Day)

• Play Time +10,000  Hours will give Cliff’s Skill Add-On Guide (30 Day)

Pearl Shop Item Prices

• Armstrong’s Skill Guide (1 Day) - 500 Pearls

• Armstrong’s Skill Guide (30 Days) - 1,400 Pearls

• Cliff’s Skill Add-On Guide (30 Days) - 700 Pearls

• Armstrong’s Skill Guide (1 Day) - 2,000 Loyalties

For those of you who already have items from the previous system we have already put operations in place to help smooth the transition to the new system.  While we know these changes may not be exactly what everyone was looking for we will do our best to help ease everyone’s transition into the new system.

For Pre-Existing Items

• Old items will be replaced with news ones at a ratio of 1:1 automatically.

1356CpX.jpg

• The Loyalty Skill Reset Coupon will not work after the new system is live.

• Skill Reset Coupons for the various Game Packages will be replaced as follows starting on July 20th after the maintenance;

• Traveler’s Package - +4 Inventory Slots

• Explorer’s Package - +8 Inventory Slots

• If you have already bought a package but have not opened the package with the old items and open it after the new system is live you will receive the following;

• 1x Armstrong’s Skill Guide (1 Day) immediately

• Rest of Armstrong’s Skill Guide (1 Day) via in-game mail

• Please note that delivery time can take up to 24 hours.

It appears some players didn't receive their coupon yet, we are aware of the situation and this should be fixed by Friday the 22nd of July.

We know this is a lot of information to take in, but it is our belief that many players will enjoy this new system much more than the previous and we encourage all of you to go in-game and try it for yourself.  As always we look forward to reading your feedback on these changes and will of course convey them to the Developers at Pearl Abyss.

44 people like this

Posted

hmmm

Posted

Finally a step towards a less rng focused system

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

so older players get punished by not being able to reset freely

edit: and you didnt specify if awakenings get reset and why do certain awakenings get removed (e.g. 5% hp from wotw, theres a thread in the forum section with it translated for the aforementioned class)

also way to shaft veterans by making partials 500 pearls, full resets 3000 pearls and why do we get this system before we get awakenings

because some classes *cough* ranger *cough* will be indrectly nerfed from lack of %hp awakening

edit 2: for a month (probably 2) we'll only have 3 awakenings because THE OTHER 3 ARE FOR AWAKENING WEAPONS LOL

what's the thought process behind this? just for intellectual curiosity

Edited by fewifewnewf
clean up
9 people like this

Posted

"From lvl 56 and up you will need to use “Armstrong’s Skill Guide (Combat Skill Reset)” to reset skills which can be purchased from the Pearl Shop."

Operation Middle Finger confirmed. This 1 line negate all benefit of this changes. This change is useless. If you play more you punished by publishers. Nice idea.

Just a question: Do our 1 loyalty full skill reset items have expiration day? Do you play to remove it in "surprise" patch without informations?

15 people like this

Posted

With all due respect I believe these are the least of our concerns right now. Fix rangers and server stability or none of this matters.

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

I also do not see the point in making people pay more money for a reset just because they hit 56. Congrats on that new lvl, now we can start charging you $5-$14 for skill resets. I would be more OK with this under the "the game needs to make money to survive" clause. However with the current big money RNG dye system and the over priced costumes I feel like this is just another middle finger to people who invest in the game. How about we balance some of the pricing on things to fit more of a B2P rather then the Korean F2P model?

Edited by Kalmortia
14 people like this

Posted

Skill Reset System

• Players can now freely re-distribute their skill points at anytime, either all of them or just a portion of them, on any character up to level 55.

• From lvl 56 and up you will need to use “Armstrong’s Skill Guide (Combat Skill Reset)” to reset skills which can be purchased from the Pearl Shop.

Why-the------? 

9 people like this

Posted

"From lvl 56 and up you will need to use “Armstrong’s Skill Guide (Combat Skill Reset)” to reset skills which can be purchased from the Pearl Shop."

Operation Middle Finger confirmed. This 1 line negate all benefit of this changes. This change is useless. If you play more you punished by publishers. Nice idea.

Just a question: Do our 1 loyalty full skill reset items have expiration day? Do you play to remove it in "surprise" patch without informations?

it was stated when the change was first announced that when the system goes live, all remaining loyalty resets will be removed

1 person likes this

Posted

it was stated when the change was first announced that when the system goes live, all remaining loyalty resets will be removed

So... Give me my loyalty back after this! :D

6 people like this

Posted

so older players get punished by not being able to reset freely

edit: and you didnt specify if awakenings get reset and why do certain awakenings get removed (e.g. 5% hp from wotw, theres a thread in the forum section with it translated for the aforementioned class)

also way to shaft veterans by making partials 500 pearls, full resets 3000 pearls and why do we get this system before we get awakenings

because some classes *cough* ranger *cough* will be indrectly nerfed from lack of %hp awakening

edit 2: for a month (probably 2) we'll only have 3 awakenings because THE OTHER 3 ARE FOR AWAKENING WEAPONS LOL

what's the thought process behind this? just for intellectual curiosity

Giant gets hit hard with this without awakening. No Spin2Win anymore. The HP regain from the new system is no match for 4hp/hit. We wont be able to farm the same way we do now. Its a huge nerf to giants farm capability.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

So... Give me my loyalty back after this! :D

They stated before the loyalty items went live, that they would be deactivated when the new systems went live. So no refund :/. Shouldn't really be bothered over 1 loyalty per though imo, unless you were trying to hoard them...

I think these changes are a really nice middle ground. They can still get money from resets, while giving a lot more flexibility while leveling up. If by the time you are 56 you are still unsure of the skills you should invest in, you either rushed to endgame and/or didn't do any research on the class. I do however, think that awakening weapon skills should still have free resets till a higher lvl.

All in all, I see it as an improvement to what we currently have.

Edited by Nimalla
7 people like this

Posted (edited)

That's a freaking joke right? I'm ok to paid for some stuff, but you guys are obviously too much thinking about making people pay for EVERYTHING, that's pitifull and very disapointing, I guess I was stupid enough to think otherwise, until now.

The main point was being able to reset skills without paying money or spending all our loyalty points in, what change with your "new" system? Well nothing, you can keep your new system, really, the actual state of the game with 1 loyalty for reset feel more like playing a game, at the end i was expecting paying silver, but this is exactly as before.

You have no credibility now.

Edited by Syn_
10 people like this

Posted

shame! shame! shame! shame! shame! 

4 people like this

Posted

You can't even read. You also will be able to reset your skill combat points with the loyality shop, tards.

Alongside with these changes we will be updating the Challenge Rewards to support these new systems.  Additionally we wanted to make sure that using the Pearl Store was no longer your only option to reset skills and as such have added the Combat Skill Reset (1 Day) to the Loyalty Store.

8 people like this

Posted

but the skills awakening is still random right? and we can attach 2 add-ons to a skill. So twice the randomness?

Posted (edited)

You can't even read. You also will be able to reset your skill combat points with the loyality shop, tards.

They don't want to use their loyalty. They are cheap and entitled.

@Kirihito - You get to choose them from what I have seen

Edited by Nimalla
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I'm glad they are responding to player feedback! I think this change will be great since now I can experiment more with skill add-ons and skill trees.

Edited by Woodrucker
spelling
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yeah for 2000 loyalty, u realise it's 20 day ? what the point of the loyalty system if we can't spend anything in it.

Being able to reset skill is something normal in a game, i don't know in korea, but for us it is, we want to play a normal game, not credit card simulator, they are totally out of their mind.

Edited by Syn_
5 people like this

Posted

1400 pearls for a skill reset? Have you gone completely insane?

2 people like this

Posted

So I'm missing out on a +8 inventory slot expansion because I started playing in the first week? Thanks Daum. <3

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

1400 pearls for a skill reset? Have you gone completely insane?

for 30 days of free resets(most likely across all characters) is pretty nice imo. Its like the beauty ticket, although I think that was 1000 pearls.

Edited by Nimalla

Posted (edited)

Me when I though it was Awakenings(class awakenings...)

kreygasm_2.thumb.png.5710cfefa49706c78cckreygasm_2.thumb.png.5710cfefa49706c78cckreygasm_2.thumb.png.5710cfefa49706c78cc

then me after I read they are referring to skill awakaning

NAMI_GRINGA.thumb.jpg.3b7da3bda6c238a2d8

Edited by Kotaro
2 people like this

Posted

Yeah for 2000 loyalty, u realise it's 20 day ? what the point of the loyalty system if we can't spend anything in it

Yes I did. You are able to change your combat skill points for one day with that coupon. And that's ok. This really forces you to learn how to use your char and master it, and that is wonderful. And nope, if you want a system where you are can try all every combinations without to read and understand what the skill does (i.e: in a brainless mode), this is not your game. For this reason is why the reset combat coupon is limited.

1 person likes this

Posted

Is there a place where we can see those new "Add-on" ?