• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Upcoming Skill and Awakening system revisions

269 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm sure they're aware and working on a fix.  As much as I love to flame Daum, it's not their style forcing thousands of players to purchase a 700 pearl store item, only to use a new combat system. They're always really professional about these things.

It's likely not indented that our old awakenings randomly transformed into new shitty ones, we didn't choose to begin with.

Posted

Small update : 

It appears some players didn't receive their coupon yet, we are aware of the situation and this should be fixed by Friday the 22nd of July.

On another note, we've already reported some problem with the Skill Add-on system where players didn't have access to the complete list of spell, or were offered to edit another spell that the one they previously picked. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Small update : 

It appears some players didn't receive their coupon yet, we are aware of the situation and this should be fixed by Friday the 22nd of July.

On another note, we've already reported some problem with the Skill Add-on system where players didn't have access to the complete list of spell, or were offered to edit another spell that the one they previously picked. 

I'm in this situation, i am stuck with the some random awakening bonuses for previous awakened skills, and i can't see the full list as well. I didn't receive the coupon in mail yet. Thanks for working on it.

Edited by AngEviL

Posted (edited)

I got two 1 day Armstrong Skill Guide's in the mail...were we suppose to get that?

EDIT: Oh, right, it was because I had partial skill resets, duh.

Edited by Marlin

Posted

Small update : 

I received the coupon, used the coupon, and it did not reset previously awakened skills. Some of which now have random 'add-on', and some have none, but they are still not available to 'add-on'. I currently have 4 skills available to add on to.

Posted

I received the coupon, used the coupon, and it did not reset previously awakened skills. Some of which now have random 'add-on', and some have none, but they are still not available to 'add-on'. I currently have 4 skills available to add on to.

Yeah it lets you change your add-ons at will for 30 days but the old skills don't show up, so you can't change them.

Doesn't fix anything.

Posted

is it still RNG or can I choose exactly witch skill I want per the two? I only ask because with my RNG I will get the wrong one 30$ deep.

Posted

Well hopefully this is fixed soon because they trashed an entire system that was functional for no reason as it stands currently. Testing things before they go live would be nice, that QA team you got needs to be reworked.

Posted

Credit Card Simulator GTFOH

Posted

I used 76 memory fragments to get 4 hp on hit on RT now i get 5% cast? when i get my 76 memory fragments back? or money counterpart also i have plenty of skill reset and awakening reset dont get those new items or give loyalities and pears refund for that!

Posted

@CM_Tytyes

The announcement said that we would receive resets on a 1:1 ratio. I had at least 26 of the 1 loyalty skill resets and over 50 of the 1 loyalty awakening resets and only received 8 of the Armstrong's skill guide in the mail. What happened to the 1:1 ratio and where are the rest of my resets?

Posted

Well hopefully this is fixed soon because they trashed an entire system that was functional for no reason as it stands currently. Testing things before they go live would be nice, that QA team you got needs to be reworked.

What QA team? You had not been here for like all the patches since release? :D WHat we dont report aint bugged (and even if we do, its only 50-50 if someone pushes it onto developers)... Thats why most people are so mad about all those hidden stats and mechanics... Since we dont know how eveyrthing should work properly, and either noone is testing in on developers side, or those people are completely incopetent... And afterwards people hate Daum(Kakao) here, just bcs koreans cant even do their work properly...

Posted

I spend over 100 frags to reawaken my skill and you just remove them all?

WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM?

And the effect not even the same as listed.

t6dbbFZ.jpg

Onc43ql.jpg

xqgTy5D.jpg

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Completely disagree with the change after lvl 56. I have NONE of my chars on 56 so i am not currently and directly hit by this change, but charging after 56th level to milk out some more cash? Really? Then you should NOT make ANY changes to it, leave it as it is...

Now, higher level players are punished and all players who hit that level, anyway. So, all. Not a good move, remove the skill resets and stick to the formula of free changing skills. 

As a game designer myself, i find this completely out of line, you as a company ( doesn't matter if it's Daum, Pearl Abyss ) already make enough money, you now just want more. You want more easy cash? Put ALL armor from NPC's at Cash Shop and voila! ... Easy peasy, but someone needs to have some brains to come up with it? No comment.

Really really stupid, you are locking players who CANNOT buy skill resets ( because: reasons ) to stick to online guides. Yeah, that is games are all about, right? Find a guide, do exactly as they tell you, play the game in one way and no other? Why? Why dumbing down? Why you can't just make..i really cannot understand this, unless it is a "making money" management proposal, which i am sure it is, not ONE game designer with passion to games would NEVER propose something like this. Only people who do this is the management weasels who wants MORE MONEY and don't care about games...

It doesn't matter if you can buy it with loyalties, too, that is not the point of my post.

@CM_Aethon @CM_Praballo

Edited by Skaven Zverov
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

See Druk's post below.

Give me back my HP Gain on Raging Thinder or I am out of here. I was happy the way it was why did you change MY skills?

I am officially on a don't buy pearls campaign until its back.

Edited by Grindmore
Changed my mind/found solution.
1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Tytyes @CM_Praballo @CM_Aethon @CM_Oli

On top of not receiving resets for previously awakened skills, I now see that all of my skills that I spent hundreds of memory fragments on have been randomly selected to garbage skills with no way to fix them. 

WTF kind of service is this? I had my character as I wanted it and log in and its now broken. I too am boycotting pearl buying along with the other 99 members of my guild until this is resolved!

2 people like this

Posted

it gives you 3 skills you can add on stats tooyou have 3 skills too chose from

those 3 skills are most likley skills you have never used.
But you have no choice, its those 3 skills or done use the add on system.
Want too add stats to a skill you use every 5 seconds? well you cant you can add stats too only the skills that it shows.

Oh no, I was referring to how you can freeling reset your skill points now, not the add on skills.

Posted

Hi all!!!

When I just logged in, I also saw something weird with the awakened skills. There were random skills with random stats (nothing about I had before the patch).

But after I closed the game, and log in again, I took "new" awakened skills, with 2 stats each one. I can choose 3 skills (lvl 50, 52 and 54), with 2 stats each, so a total of 6 stats. I only took 2 skills by now, here they are:

- RT with +10 HP per hit (it works), and 10% extra crit. rate buff.

- FD with +20 AP and 20% crit. rate (I checked this skill later...).

Both buffs works.

2016-07-20_34198420.JPG

2016-07-20_34201854.JPG

Posted

so older players get punished by not being able to reset freely

edit: and you didnt specify if awakenings get reset and why do certain awakenings get removed (e.g. 5% hp from wotw, theres a thread in the forum section with it translated for the aforementioned class)

also way to shaft veterans by making partials 500 pearls, full resets 3000 pearls and why do we get this system before we get awakenings

because some classes *cough* ranger *cough* will be indrectly nerfed from lack of %hp awakening

edit 2: for a month (probably 2) we'll only have 3 awakenings because THE OTHER 3 ARE FOR AWAKENING WEAPONS LOL

what's the thought process behind this? just for intellectual curiosity

yup, ranger just got nerfed again ! We just done playing this stupid fking game after I spent 450USD in this shit hole! 

@CM_Tytyes @CM_Praballo @CM_Aethon @CM_Oli

On top of not receiving resets for previously awakened skills, I now see that all of my skills that I spent hundreds of memory fragments on have been randomly selected to garbage skills with no way to fix them. 

WTF kind of service is this? I had my character as I wanted it and log in and its now broken. I too am boycotting pearl buying along with the other 99 members of my guild until this is resolved!

yup, I spend over 250+fragments on all the RNG skills now it's all gone lol ! What's the point of this? The more the longer u play the more u get fked ! That logic just not right IMHO! Newer player wil be fine with it but its just not fair at all! 

1 person likes this

Posted

it was stated when the change was first announced that when the system goes live, all remaining loyalty resets will be removed

where was it stated? I beileve you but they should of made this WAY more clear, Ive been buying full combat resets x3 and awaken skill reset x3 every single day for the past few weeks now trying to save them, now I lose all the loyalty and all the items purchased with it? what in actual -----?

Posted

Skill Reset System

• Players can now freely re-distribute their skill points at anytime, either all of them or just a portion of them, on any character up to level 55.

• From lvl 56 and up you will need to use “Armstrong’s Skill Guide (Combat Skill Reset)” to reset skills which can be purchased from the Pearl Shop.

Oh, well shit. I guess I better savor my last three levels and choose my build wisely.

Thanks for these updates, it will definitely help the newcomers of Black Desert with deciding what skills they favor as they strive to reach level 56. As for the veterans (level 55s and above), I have a feeling some of them won't be too satisfied with the fact they can't take advantage of the revamped skill reset system.

Posted

this is a really bad addition.. i play a witch and i like having more than three different skills with skill awakenings in them.

1. i cycle my abilities and having awakenings in more than 3 i can actually cause some pretty annoying cc to the opponent that helps me keep alive. now i can only have 3? this is going back wards and against players being creative with their play style...

can u just remove this and return the old skill awakening stuff???

Posted (edited)

@CM_Tytyes @CM_Praballo @CM_Aethon @CM_Oli Completly broken and have incorrect discriptions and some of them even not work..

kiss_126kb.1469084473.jpg

Edited by Arshi

Posted

Developers Reasoning for the New System and Changes

• To help resolve the issue where players hesitate to invest in skills because they are afraid that they might be investing in the wrong skills or that they may be wasting their skill points.

• To eliminate the feeling of needing to save your skill points for later which can make the game more difficult and some classes less fun.

• To create an environment where players are encouraged to try new skills and tactics.

• To stop players from only selecting a few skills which can lead to building weaker characters.

If that's the case...why block off free resets for awake weapon skills? Aren't players going to run into the same situation with awake weapons? 

I never played any awake weapon yet, do you gain the first level of each skill right away?

Posted (edited)

lol?

FailFish

Edited by DAOWAce