• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Upcoming Skill and Awakening system revisions

269 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

• Players can now freely re-distribute their skill points at anytime, either all of them or just a portion of them, on any character AT ANY LEVEL.

• From lvl 56 and up you will need to use “Armstrong’s Skill Guide (Combat Skill Reset)” to reset skills which can be purchased from the Pearl Shop.

FTFY

Edited by Dycern
3 people like this

Posted

I don't understand the move about lv 56 not being able to reset skill without PAYING, what the ----- is this ? And you talk about :
"To create an environment where players are encouraged to try new skills and tactics."

Such a joke Daum, you're going into the wall.

Challenge Reward Changes

• Play Time +200 Hours will give Armstrong’s Skill Guide (1 Day)

• Play Time +500 Hours will give Cliff’s Skill Add-On Guide (30 Day)

• Play Time +5,000  Hours will give Armstrong’s Skill Guide (30 Day)

• Play Time +10,000  Hours will give Cliff’s Skill Add-On Guide (30 Day)

Will this be given to the old players ?!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I believe it started here:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/101932-new-awakening-skill-effects/

Because of a link to this (hover only works in IE for me):

http://form1ca.ru/media/bdo/calc/calc_16withthebeast.html

Thin gruel but it's made the zerker community wonder about it....

Yep.

If anyone paid attention they would find that the awakenings shown are those for frenzied destroyer but instant panic is far easier....

This is the one for spin, stamina is probably hp but translations are ropey

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Mortia
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

And if you actually read the thread instead of just the first post you would see that I actually wrote about the Raging Thunder @Mortia

Edited by Bosse

Posted

And if you actually read the thread instead of just the first post you would see that I actually wrote about the Raging Thunder @Mortia

Didnt see it. Sorry.

Still think 10 hp is too much :P

Posted

I don't understand the move about lv 56 not being able to reset skill without PAYING, what the ----- is this ? And you talk about :
"To create an environment where players are encouraged to try new skills and tactics."

YOU GET A SKILL RESET, AND YOU GET A SKILL RESET AND YOU------oh you're 56... Good day sir.... I SAID GOOD DAY! /shun

1 person likes this

Posted

I might have missed something in the OP, and if I did then please do point it out for me, but they never stated when we'll be getting this system? 
So unless they specifically state when this system is going to be in the game then I'd say it would be pretty safe to assume they'll implement it either along with or after the release of the awakening weapons. 

http://black-desert.com/news/ninja-and-kunoichi-set-for-july-20-release/

article implies the system will be released next maint

1 person likes this

Posted

Didnt see it. Sorry.

Still think 10 hp is too much :P

Hell the Musa/Maewha ultimate nemesis slash recovers 40HP per hit lol .  I guess they gotta have some sort of healing/sustain when soloing though since wiz/witch got heals of their own ^_^ All in all good change, If you don't know what the hell your doing with your class by level 56, something's wrong imho.  1-55 is plenty of time to learn your class and figure out how it works unless you tunnel-visioned your way to 55 without taking time off from grinding to practice a bit hehe. 

1 person likes this

Posted

thought this was going to be about awakening weapons ;-;

Posted

Paying for resets in the past is irrelevant toward "punishing" older players.  If you're 56 you really won't be "shifting" points around any more to try alternatives. That said, the costs for skill resets being tied to real money (and excessive amounts of it) is a bit absurd in a buy to play version of the game.

How long until classes are balanced vs spam i-frames? We don't have Stam pots (nor should we get them), so those classes shouldn't be able to blink for days

1 person likes this

Posted

Cant you just use the ? ... 

• Armstrong’s Skill Guide (1 Day) - 2,000 Loyalties

GG HF!

20 day loyalty to get basic function? That is not GOOD game and not fun. I just use same skills and when that will less fun I will press uninstall. I hate "have to do" things in game. I spend 10-20 euros to buy good things or 5-10 euro in subscription system, but I will not pay to get basic function or disgusting game breaker items (like treant costum).

3 people like this

Posted

Stop changing stuff that isn't broken and fix the daum servers! Fix shotgun, fix DF, fis warriors!! I saw nothing worthy of the time it took to make this change. Skill awakenings were fine IMHO.

Posted

Pearl Shop Item Prices

• Armstrong’s Skill Guide (1 Day) - 500 Pearls

• Armstrong’s Skill Guide (30 Days) - 1,400 Pearls

• Cliff’s Skill Add-On Guide (30 Days) - 700 Pearls

• Armstrong’s Skill Guide (1 Day) - 2,000 Loyalties

I have to ask.... Did you write that wrongly? <.< Because you listed the exact same item twice, with a 1500 pearl difference. 

Posted

Why are people crying so much about this, if you are 56+ do you really need to switch skills around that much?

Also 20 days of logging in isn't that much for another free skill reset.

For -----s sake every change to this game and you people act like the sky is falling.

3 people like this

Posted

I have to ask.... Did you write that wrongly? <.< Because you listed the exact same item twice, with a 1500 pearl difference. 

First one is Pearls, second one is Loyalties.

Posted

GG HF!

20 day loyalty to get basic function? That is not GOOD game and not fun. I just use same skills and when that will less fun I will press uninstall. I hate "have to do" things in game. I spend 10-20 euros to buy good things or 5-10 euro in subscription system, but I will not pay to get basic function or disgusting game breaker items (like treant costum).

Well I guess this game just keeps getting worse for you then huh?

Maybe time to find another MMO to play.

Posted

Why are people crying so much about this, if you are 56+ do you really need to switch skills around that much?

Indeed.

Posted

First one is Pearls, second one is Loyalties.

whoops <.< my mistake xD 

Posted

The Berserkers might want to check out the Absorbtion crystals that recovers 1 HP on attack. Then there are also two types of elixirs that also recover HP on attack.

Posted

Hell the Musa/Maewha ultimate nemesis slash recovers 40HP per hit lol .  I guess they gotta have some sort of healing/sustain when soloing though since wiz/witch got heals of their own ^_^ All in all good change, If you don't know what the hell your doing with your class by level 56, something's wrong imho.  1-55 is plenty of time to learn your class and figure out how it works unless you tunnel-visioned your way to 55 without taking time off from grinding to practice a bit hehe. 

Yes but that comes with a 30 sec cooldown with only 3 hits per mob.

Either way i was bein a little sarcastic. Idc about 10 hp per hit, its not like a good zerker would spam it in pvp anyways.

Posted

Why does everybody see the negative side?

This is not punishing long term players, its helping the newer players to work out the game. If the system had not been changed you would have to pay anyway would you not?

Because many people already reached 56+ or will do it soon? Its splitting the community in lvl 1-55 and 56 and higher. If you are lower you may like this change but if you are higher you are like wtf they are charging me and others get it for free. Im never going to pay that much money to reset skills. This is just a cashgrab. I was saving my skillresets and didnt even accept the rewards where I get free skillresets because I may need them when their patches break my skills later.

YOU GET A SKILL RESET, AND YOU GET A SKILL RESET AND YOU------oh you're 56... Good day sir.... I SAID GOOD DAY! /shun

Hahaha

Well I guess this game just keeps getting worse for you then huh?

Maybe time to find another MMO to play.

Tell this to everyone and then complain why the game is so empty and why so many players left. I have to agree with him. Our version is not free to play. Why are we charged for basic functions?  They wrote: "To create an environment where players are encouraged to try new skills and tactics.". Once you are 56 you are not supposed to do this anymore?

Also 20 days of logging in isn't that much for another free skill reset.

For -----s sake every change to this game and you people act like the sky is falling.

They continuously change skills and you expect us to know what they will break with the next patch? Did you even see the last patches? Nerf this skill, boost this skill, make this skill useless, darkflame is too strong lets make it useless, oh now its useless lets make it op now. How should we know which skills will be good if they make skill changes every week? If all level 56 have to pay money for a skill reset the players will do exatly what they want to prevent with this change.

Developers Reasoning for the New System and Changes
    • To help resolve the issue where players hesitate to invest in skills because they are afraid that they might be investing in the wrong skills or that they may be wasting their skill points.

• To eliminate the feeling of needing to save your skill points for later which can make the game more difficult and some classes less fun.

• To create an environment where players are encouraged to try new skills and tactics.

• To stop players from only selecting a few skills which can lead to building weaker characters.

If you charge lvl 56 an higher they will do exatly what you are trying to prevent.

• We will save skillpoints because at lvl 56 and higher we will be charged if we choose the wrong skills.
  • We will save skillpoints for the important skills. Even if it is hard at the moment its still better than having a broken skillbuild later.
  • Try new skills and tactics as lvl 55 and lower and paying a lot of money at lvl 55 and higher, right?
  • Players will only stick to the skillbuilds. Who would choose random skills if he knows he gets charged for a skillreset once he hits level 56?

I had hopes you fix this and give us the opportunity to reset skills whenever we want but chargen so much money for it is a scam. We are not palying the free to paly version. We already paid for accessing the game. Other versions ca play it for free. Why don't you give us at least basic functions for free?

Such a joke Daum, you're going into the wall.

Yea a slap in the face for the old players. They try to get new players on the cost of the current players.

1 person likes this

Posted

What about the lvl 45 reward i did not claim?!

Posted

I like this!

Posted

The Berserkers might want to check out the Absorbtion crystals that recovers 1 HP on attack. Then there are also two types of elixirs that also recover HP on attack.

If it is stamina on spin and not HP on spin they essentialy Force berserkers to put those shitty crystals in your weapon. I mean.. that would just be incredibly horrible design and I might aswell reroll for pvE in that case.

1 person likes this