• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

~98 Failstacking Attempts on +14 Gear For Failstacks - What Changed?

39 posts in this topic

Posted

After having almost 1600 armor stones and 640~ weapon stones, and about 100 shards I thought I was prepared for this update, but apparently not.  I've collected some numbers as to my failstacking attempts and I cannot understand how this is statistically possible?

I am using an entire gear set indiscriminately so I do these in batches of 4, they are all of blue quality.  On NA consistently I would hit 30+ failstacks enchanting my gear to 15 - so why not now?

I am getting consistent successes to 15 with under 10 failstacks, here are my results on 63 attempts (when I started counting)

attempt      failstacks succeeded to 15

That's 423 completely wasted armor stones, which equates to be about 90mil after taxes, and that's not including my failures before I started counting (NOT INCLUDING REPAIR COSTS).  The cost isn't so much the issue, rather the very frustrating system designed around failing.

**this does not include my successes, the highest I ever got was 18 and stopped at around 15 failstacks at each point after that.

Posted

Try getting failstacks on horse armor. that shit never succeeds. 

Posted

Are you building stacks to 15 from zero or degrading 15 to 14 on neg karma alt ?

Posted

I am likely going to start trying rifles as well, I just hate the idea of using weapon stones ( ͡T ͜ʖ ͡T)

Posted

I'd personally advice to you get a lottery ticket asap because this is just wrong :D

Posted

Are you building stacks to 15 from zero or degrading 15 to 14 on neg karma alt ?

Losing them on a negative Karma alt...

Posted

Agreed. Reblath -> 15 then +9 horse gear -> 25. Did this 4 times last night.

Posted (edited)

Losing them on a negative Karma alt...

And this shit is fcked up also. Had to die 23 times to get a piece of taritas degrade to +14. 

Post related: i start building failstacks on a reblath +14 armor. When i hit 10-12 stacks i switch to a taritas helmet +14. I usually stop at about 22-23 stacks.

But this system is so crap. And not beacause of the blackstones numbers u use but because the time u lose.

Spent 6 hours to get my grunil set and off hand duo and my liverto to tri, half of the time failstacking, the other half suiciding on my alt. Fml.

Edited by metaxa1331

Posted

i don't mind failstacking, but the suiciding time-sink is pretty bad.

Posted

Not anymore. I've gotten around 5 sets of horse gear to 10 without going pass 13 stacks on any level.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not anymore. I've gotten around 5 sets of horse gear to 10 without going pass 13 stacks on any level.

oh damn that sucks if they changed it. 

Posted

I am likely going to start trying rifles as well, I just hate the idea of using weapon stones ( ͡T ͜ʖ ͡T)

I wouldn't, after +6 rifles have a chance degrade. Consumes a lot of fail stacks and weapon stones and you never get anywhere. Not worth it.

Posted

I wouldn't, after +6 rifles have a chance degrade. Consumes a lot of fail stacks and weapon stones and you never get anywhere. Not worth it.

And so it begins, let the razor blades fall like rain upon my shattered wrists xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Still RNG !!! Try 3x horse armor (horseshoes) and NEVER get more that 17 fail stack (last try from 8-9 on 1 failetack and 9-10 on 3 failestack). Try green, blue, yellow and nothing... cannot get more that 17... got lucky +5 wichout gear and pots... maybe lucky give more chance (sucess) and less filestack.

Edited by Niebieski

Posted

If they made absolutely everything easier to enchant then this would be a very good thing as getting your gear up would be cheaper. If it's just some things (that you don't really want) that are easier while thouse Liverto/Kzarka/Ogre Rings are still hard then this is a very bad thing.

Of course it could all just be random, for everyone that can't get a failstack above 10 there is someone who can get 30 easy. Personally, I stopped bothering with reblath a long time ago, it has ALWAYS been too easy to succeed with it.

Posted

Yes, too much time-sink. The thought that I could come home from work and use my whole day trying to get stacks and getting no where is off putting.

Posted

And so it begins, let the razor blades fall like rain upon my shattered wrists xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I've gone back to horse gear for now, there's 4 horse gear workshops in Altinova and with gobbos you can churn the stuff out pretty fast. Some is cheaper to make than others, but if you go for the cheapest (Steel Battle Horseshoe maybe?) - there will be a lot listed +10 at a price that will never sell. I usually just pull my stones out at that point. Hardly cost effective, but if I'm getting the stacks I need, then so be it.

However, I've found things succeeding more often than before, so we might all be doomed D:

Posted

last night I couldn't get more than 4 stacks on a horse shoe :( least I have a few +10 to sell now.

Posted

Quite the case just to buy everything eh?

Posted

I really don't see the downside of succeeding on your enchants lol. If it's so easy to get +15 items sell them or extract the stones and get back 40-50. The only way succeeding is bad, is if you're pushing the stacks too high and never switching to alts getting nothing for your investment.

One part of the community says buy all your +15 items because it's cheaper than enchanting. While another part is saying it's too easy to enchant and it's a bad thing. It all sounds ridiculous and tells me there is a good balance..

Posted

I wonder if the "Valk's Cry" tip at the bottom of the enhancement menu had something to do with the lower fail-stack chance? I know the staff officially stated that Valk's Cry wont be put into the game, but it seems possible that the decrease in fail-stacks is a remnant of the Korean version of the game where they do have this item. I can bet that this isn't intended, and it's another one of those miscommunication between the developers and publishers. 

Just a hunch.

Posted

the only way that I found to get Failstack were this stupid method

change to Mediah E2 and enchant a Zereth Helmet with an Alter
that doesn't have any gear
Lv 17

the only way that I got 16 failstacks...

Posted

If you're really SO lucky, why do you want failstacks?

Posted

I have my neg karma alt at altinova warehouse , if i suceed to 15, i let the guards kill me. It takes 1-5x to go back to 14.

And im like 30m from warehoue so its fast.

Posted (edited)

It's cheaper and easier to just get 5 to 10 stacks then just start trying for pri or duo at this point unless you are dealing with boss armor or Livertos. 

I will continue to scratch my head as I watch people spend 50 million or more in black stones and repair gear to get to some percived safe failstack level.  You can easily just preorder like 10 hard stones and either get a few pri or duos or at least have 30 failstacks at the cost people are spending on trying to get failstacks.  

Edited by Ladon