• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

does the game getting any new players?

59 posts in this topic

Posted

I only have guild chat open, everything else dosen't matter

Posted

I've noticed that laying down on a bed while repeatively talking on global chat automatically disconnects you from the game..i lol'ed

Posted

dedgaem - didn't see no one farming bloody cultists tonight. O.o

Channel chat though has been pretty steady all day.

Posted

If there are any new players, they are very few in numbers. It's becoming painfully apparent they won't be able to compete with older players and that you'll spend 90% of your game time grinding and gathering, and the 10% where you can pvp it's gear>>skill. Tbh if I was new I'd say shit game and move on.

lol i'm sorry, but this is such a silly comment...

You can start this game at any time, even a year from now and still have the same fun and level just as easy as you can now. Why would all the fully geared high level players hang out in lowbie grind spots lol  You could then say the same for any mmo.. I've never understood this line of thinking, there's too much too soon lol, most mmos release all at once rather than little bits here and there, it makes zero difference! Just like EVERY OTHER mmo, as you level, you move to different areas, plus there's the no pvp until lvl 45, so it has no relevance as to when you start playing, even if all content is released and you start 2 years from now, so please explain?

So many precious ppl

1 person likes this

Posted

This game is dying, rapidly, even the most rabid fanboy cannot deny that.

This game had unparalleled potential squandered by a certain greedy p2w mobile game publisher that subsidised the developer.

Now all that remains is an empty shell of what it could have been, and cash grabs around every corner.

There has been so many lies fed to the loyal fans of this game it disgusts me, the korean version has less lag and desync even for players from europe and north america and soon WoW gets another expansion.

They pushed content too early in the beginning but withheld all of the relevant content for too long, the result is that; now you can go to sausan at prime time and be the only player farming on the most populated server and channel.

RIP BDO.

3 people like this

Posted

This game is dying, rapidly, even the most rabid fanboy cannot deny that.

This game had unparalleled potential squandered by a certain greedy p2w mobile game publisher that subsidised the developer.

Now all that remains is an empty shell of what it could have been, and cash grabs around every corner.

There has been so many lies fed to the loyal fans of this game it disgusts me, the korean version has less lag and desync even for players from europe and north america and soon WoW gets another expansion.

They pushed content too early in the beginning but withheld all of the relevant content for too long, the result is that; now you can go to sausan at prime time and be the only player farming on the most populated server and channel.

RIP BDO.

Content pushed too early lol....ok

Posted

game dead. new people have already been advised to stay away from BDO on youtube, reddit and other sites.

Pretty much this, i'm the only one of my group of friends that logs into this game at all.   

1 person likes this

Posted

Pretty much this, i'm the only one of my group of friends that logs into this game at all.   

What a load of rubbish! My server, UNO, is ALWAYS full, every channel, i'm always fighting for grind spots. You guys must be playing on private servers, this game is doing just fine and will continue to do fine as more awesome content is added

2 people like this

Posted

Once players taste the challenge of Real Raid Bosses again, i doubt they would want to come back to Hack and Slash in 3 min to BDO Field Bosses.

Btw: WoW Legions will most like be the cause for more delays of Valencia 2 and Awakening Weapons releases :D

WoW is cancer, please don't talk about that game here as there is no real skill involved with it, just spam all your abilities til shit dies.

Posted

What a load of rubbish! My server, UNO, is ALWAYS full, every channel, i'm always fighting for grind spots. You guys must be playing on private servers, this game is doing just fine and will continue to do fine as more awesome content is added

Was Uno where I didn't see peeps at bloody monastery - which is an area for newer players. :P

Posted

Was Uno where I didn't see peeps at bloody monastery - which is an area for newer players. :P

I'm building alts currently, so i'm all over the place, from starting spots up to Valencia with my main. Towns are also full to the brim with people. If anything, i'd say it's getting busier on UNO

Posted (edited)

Lots of my friends struggle to log on because the game has bottle necked progression in order to enjoy the best part about BDO, in my friends opinion....

High Speed Combat and PvP.

I've seen two of the larger guilds on Edan drop 50% of their members. It's really cruddy that in order to enjoy a large part of the games progression, you basically throw a movie on and hit a button every 3 minutes or so for an hour, twice a day. 

I just feel like a large part of the progression system should require time, but also be at the very least....semi-enjoyable. 

Combine that with people not being able to log in for the majority of their time they have to play the game... It's starting to become crappy.

Ofcourse....People enjoy games for different reasons. So I understand a percentage of the population enjoys gathering, etc.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by Bucket

Posted

I'm building alts currently, so i'm all over the place, from starting spots up to Valencia with my main. Towns are also full to the brim with people. If anything, i'd say it's getting busier on UNO

I'm mostly in Serendia 1; it ain't getting any busier, it's definitely getting less busy. There was nobody in Kharuto Cave neither, seen a couple peeps at the Orcs, seeing a bunch of afk backpackers in Heidel while I melt my tin rn.

I mean, the game's doing fine, but I'm not seeing lots of new people coming in.

Posted

New players are busy playing the game instead of crying and whining on forum....so ye, still alive and good :)

Content pushed too early lol....ok

I know right?

There's too much to do!

Too many new contents!

Never saw more silly comments :D

In this month i noticed how much different the game is comparing to forum trolls's vision of it. Quite the opposite of dead, and I m playing on a "lesser" server.

Posted

As I have a very close look on the market and regularily visit all the main hubs it is quite obvious, that the community is still growing in numbers. Not as fast as in the beginning, but the upwards trend is still there. MUCH more people in Altinova and Heidel now, as people in Calpheon a few weeks ago.

Posted

It's far from dead, but the people that talked me into playing the game already left. They didn't like what they saw as forced pvp, aka OPW PvP. Not that some are afraid of PvP, they prefer to choose when to engage in it or not. Which is yet to be advertised on their website. No mention of what happens at L45, in fact no mention of pvp on their website except the node wars. Which leads you to assume it's the traditional separation between pvp and pve parts of the game. It's complete incompetence how they are advertising their game. There isn't a list of features that are linked on the front page and the videos all show typical pve things, including their combat video.

It's not getting the best reviews as well it seems:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/black-desert-online

Posted

lol i'm sorry, but this is such a silly comment...

You can start this game at any time, even a year from now and still have the same fun and level just as easy as you can now. Why would all the fully geared high level players hang out in lowbie grind spots lol  You could then say the same for any mmo.. I've never understood this line of thinking, there's too much too soon lol, most mmos release all at once rather than little bits here and there, it makes zero difference! Just like EVERY OTHER mmo, as you level, you move to different areas, plus there's the no pvp until lvl 45, so it has no relevance as to when you start playing, even if all content is released and you start 2 years from now, so please explain?

So many precious ppl

I'm talking about people used to normal MMO's.. you know.. where grinding mobs isn't considered content?
And again, BDO may be releasing all at once but every other MMO usually has atleast 5 times the amount of content BDO released in that period. After all that levelling and different areas you have either pvp (which doesn't take 6 months to get ready for) and raids (which bdo doesn't have at all). You can preach about grinding and life skills being "end game" all you want, the majority of people want to actually PLAY the game and here that means pvp, pvp which you can actually start playing way sooner in literally any other MMO.
I'm pretty sure people starting 2 years from now (implying the game will still be alive) won't bother grinding for eons to get to lvl 70 (soft cap lolololo) and somewhat decent gear AND when they do they will get 1-shotted (lol sry, you must drown another few months to get better gear and more levels). It may appeal to a very special few people but definetly not the majority. And the game won't survive on a few special snowflakes.
Bottom line, unless they start reworking the game for NA/EU like they promised from the start it would have a chance, but since they're reverting half the stuff we wanted different back to KO's standards it's apparent that won't happen and they had no interest on doing so in the first place (in other words, they lied). Resulting in another dead KO grindfest in the west.
But by all means, you do you. I honestly think it's a little naïve to think BDO has merit like for example WoW or EVE but who am I to crush your dreams. Who knows, they might still turn the game around, altho the chance is little.
I hope I explained a bit better this time.

Posted (edited)

Of course it is getting new players the only issue BDOs retention rate meaning its hemorrhages more players than are coming into it meaning it has overall a lower population now despite content being added on a regular basis to the game. Even the top guilds on my server dont have a full guild roster and even one castle was won because no one but one guild showed up for it.

The game has its issues even though I enjoy playing it hopefully things will change before they reach the point of no return.

Edited by Zeel

Posted

Im kinda thinking the game should be on steam to boost awareness.

All games lose players, that's normal, but if you do not have a reasonably steady stream of new players that's when the calls for server merges start.

Posted (edited)

i was wondering whether BDO is constantly getting a new players or not , one mote thing , why folks aint talking on channel anymore?? used to see alot of conversations going around the first few weeks of the game , ppl was asking alot of questions and stuff , but now its totally dead. whats wrong?

they talk in German thats why only germans are chatting

Its a solo game thats why noone is talking. You dont need party for almost anything in game. In most mmos there are at least some campaign quests that you need party. here no one cares and if they dont put exclusive party content things will get bad for BD in the next months ecpecially from september that summer will end and a lot of people will reconsider their play choices

Of course it is getting new players the only issue BDOs retention rate meaning its hemorrhages more players than are coming into it meaning it has overall a lower population now despite content being added on a regular basis to the game. Even the top guilds on my server dont have a full guild roster and even one castle was won because no one but one guild showed up for it.

The game has its issues even though I enjoy playing it hopefully things will change before they reach the point of no return.

Yea because games with sieges and stuff require team play and bd is solo game. Games with sieges that lasted for years like Lineage 2 the entire play style was devoted to groups, group dungeons elite monsters grief, drama etc etc. here most people want only to fish and farm. noone cares about drama and politics and thats why noone cares about sieges. i dont. Even though in games like this, this is the best part. And i dont because of the single player mentality of this game

Edited by eXistenZ

Posted (edited)

Or maybe they whoop through levels too fast and move on? Try abandoned monastery or mansha forest, I bet you will find somebody there. And get told to "leave spot taken" :D

Edited by Kat
1 person likes this

Posted

i play on uno and orwen  and i have seen plenty of people i don't know how many are new players but scinse i am in a guild i don't tend to pay much attn to the chat box as most of us use voice comms ,i joined the discord channel for uno and it seems to always have people in it ,for example it has the least amount of people in it right now i have seen in a week due to maint 113 people ,I've seen it pop up to over 400 as i am sure even with it being advertised in chat not a whole lot actually join it, so I'm pretty sure the game is not dieing i would love to see a few changes ,like the ability for guilds to be able to do more then 5 missions a day ,better afk tracking so we can see who is afk and the ability to turn off others parked horses on the fly , i think what Daum really needs to do is advertise this game on more then just web sites TV commercial's and even magazine adds wouldn't hurt them one bit ,because when i bring the game up to friends most of them haven't heard of it , and honestly i think the game is awesome

Posted (edited)

If you do things based off the opinions of others, you are the purest form of Sheeple.

Leaders form their own opinions.
Followers form the opinions of others.

Edited by Visnja

Posted

Well I am constantly getting messages from new players around our community.. so I think new players still comming...

Posted

WoW is cancer, please don't talk about that game here as there is no real skill involved with it, just spam all your abilities til shit dies.

As opposed to BDO where you spam your most overpowered 1? You must be so skilled :)

If you do things based off the opinions of others, you are the purest form of Sheeple.
Leaders form their own opinions.
Followers form the opinions of others.

That would be correct, but we are talking about buying/playing a video game. You'd be stupid to not check it out b4 buying.