• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Are you guys happy of what ranger has become after 17/06

Ranger after 17/06   292 votes

1. 1. Are you happy of the ranger changes?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

140 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

After 17 june patch i feel like it's not fun to play ranger anymore, what do you think?

Edit : if you vote in this pool, make sure to post your thoughts regarding what you feel

Edited by Pillow
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Flavor of the month inc.

Only witch/wizard can compare to ranger in pve farm... pvp on the other hand ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Derpyboom

Posted

I'm pretty sure all of the sane Rangers here would vote "No". 

Posted

Pretty sure they're slowly removing pvp from the game one day at a time.

1 person likes this

Posted

I personally do not care. FOTM is the reason why we even got that patch. But I do enjoy playing my Ranger. Pre and Post patch.

1 person likes this

Posted

Whoever is voting yes is clearly not a ranger :^)

Ranger is still viable but not as easy as before, however awakening is so stronk on ranger if used correctly.

GIVE ME MY ELEMENTAL SWORD DAUM

2 people like this

Posted

i don't think awakening will fix ranger dmg problem tbh

Posted

I'm unhappy with where the ranger class falls in the PvP meta right now, so I leveled a plum to 55 and also went back to my 55 tamer for a little bit. In PvE we're more than fine, although I wish it was more than just WotW spam. 

In the end though, even though I'm unhappy with where our class currently is, I still find it the most enjoyable class to play (at least out of what I've leveled, which is a sorceress, a plum, and a tamer). 

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I'm fairly on the fence, it's not fun having a sizable portion of our skills being useless, the lack of knockdown kinda sucks and we lose a lot of 1v1s on paper but once awakenings hit we become a hell of a lot stronger and more flexible.

I look to the future, rangers are meh in pvp but still great in pve. Till awakenings and Valencia castle comes out I'll be happy grinding my ass off for levels and gear. 

Edited by Intimacy

Posted (edited)

now ranger is at the mercy of anyone with a reliable cc (every other class) it's become a pain to pvp since stagger got nerfed and pw kd doesnt work

Edited by fewifewnewf

Posted

Rangers are still fine in pvp, they kick ass like they always have. I do not play ranger myself however I do play daily with several ranger friends. The class is amazing and takes a decent amount of skill. At the moment your sitting high on the pvp rankings, and should be happy that your class didn't end up like the sorcs/warriors. A nerf to a couple skills made you less powerful but that doesnt mean the class isnt still good considering ranger isnt completely build around one cheap skill.

Posted

Ranger is nice in mass pvp now more than ever now that i broke 200AP but for 1v1 its still potatoe I get killed by some people with 180AP because chain CC or because i cant CC because blasting gust never CCs.

Posted

"...considering ranger isnt completely build around one cheap skill."

?

Posted

I'm unhappy with where the ranger class falls in the PvP meta right now, so I leveled a plum to 55 and also went back to my 55 tamer for a little bit. In PvE we're more than fine, although I wish it was more than just WotW spam. 

In the end though, even though I'm unhappy with where our class currently is, I still find it the most enjoyable class to play (at least out of what I've leveled, which is a sorceress, a plum, and a tamer). 

I've been having a great time on my Plum as well! Although a bit low level, the combat style is a very nice change compared to Ranger isn't it? I wish Ranger were more of an impact in PvP :\

Posted

After 17 june patch i feel like it's not fun to play ranger anymore, what do you think?

Edit : if you vote in this pool, make sure to post your thoughts regarding what you feel

I wouldn't say "not fun" but I'd liek to get old good stamina regen back xD 

Posted

?

Rangers have had several nerfs on certain main skills, but unlike sorcs the class has several skills that allow you to do what needs to be done. 

Posted

Rangers have had several nerfs on certain main skills, but unlike sorcs the class has several skills that allow you to do what needs to be done. 

WotW/Shotgun = Dark Flame

Blasting Gust = Dream of Doom

Pinpointing Gust = Ultimate: Dream of Doom

Call from Sky = Sorceress i-Frame

Evasive Explosion Shot = Shadow Eruption (with less CC and more mobility). 

Posted (edited)

Guess glass canon for NA players are too much to handle.

They nerfed our damage but didn't give us any alternative to "survive." (only class without any escape, flow is pretty unreliable, camera lock uses our stamina which is needed to pretty much do any damage).

Were basically shooting blanks, unless you severely out gear your opponent.

I guess all our problem will be fixed with the awakening.

Edited by Tricuspid

Posted (edited)

I don't get why they nerfed the range/removed the k/d from TA/Pen wind combo. It was a fairly hard combo to pull off, and not op, but it was excellent for chasing those runners/possibly stopping a wizards spell. 

And the iframe, what a joke. The c/d for stagger, and the range change on it is ridiculous. It used to be our only somewhat reliable CC, and now it's largely useless. 

P.S. It's also super annoying that our entire class is countered by thorns elixirs. I literally can't fight a class with thorns, I have to walk away, which is dumb.

Edited by SIy

Posted

i am neither a hardcore pvp player nor hardcore pve player BUT at the moment pvp isnt that fun compared to pve. i think pve is more balanced now we need much less pots with the right combo, we have some knockbacks and so on. its nice.

in pvp it sucks.some classes are much more mobile, we have almost none stuns/cc and our iframe has a rly long CD (i mean atleast we now have one ^^ )....but for a ranger its somehow strange i mean not the best mobility, almost no possibility to stun, knockback or get rid of enemies for a short time to gain space or even enough mobility/catch up mechanics to catch enemies like musa/sorcs.

Sure maybe its me as a none pro hardcore pvp player...but yeah its kinda strange gameplay for a ranger atm.

Posted

PVE we're always fine. PVP not sure how I feel. I definitely feel very sorry for low AP rangers. When I was around 130 ap I felt utterly useless even to someone less geared than I was. Now where I'm at it's not too bad. . . but I can always tell I beat someone due to lack of gear instead of how good I've gotten at the class. Not really how I enjoy to play but I still love ranger the most and can't switch. >u<

Posted

when you have someone protecting and peeling for you its great. but in 1v1 its an absolute shitstorm. no block, no superarmor, no reliable iframe, horrible CC options on long cooldowns that barely ever work or have to be in melee range. 

only way to beat someone 1v1 is to straight up blow him away with superior gear and hope he panics enough not to CC you and 1-2 shot you

2 people like this

Posted

they destroyed ranger

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I voted no for several reasons :

1. KD combo is gone, why ? We now have the lowest and less reliable CC of every class although our burst comes from down attack mostly.
  2. I-frame ? It's a nerf to EES which nerfed in return our most reliable CC (12 sec is way too much IMHO, I even de-rank the skill for more PVE spam)
  3. Shotgun nerf & such would have been acceptable (and almost logical) if we were "compensated" with some tools for survival.But no, zilch.
  4. Witch/Wizz can do everything we do and even better : more CC, more range, bigger AOE, more CC but with some awesome tools: heals & big buffs for the party.
    I don't play in a big guild, but I see no benefit of picking a ranger over wizz ATM, DC nerf seals the deal even more.
  5. AP scaling : ranger exhibit a really strong dependency on gear, more than the other classes I feel (maybe I'm wrong).

BUT.....

The awakening will address some of these issue by bringing more "tools" 

• Dash looks supa awesome for mobility
  • CC will be improved
  • We'll probably still rely on bow for sheer damage but the transition between bow/sword looks flawless (shotgun flow skills looks good for this)

So in the end, I feel we are not in a good spot ATM but that's because, and I disagree strongly with the latest statements from Daum on this, the recent "balancing" was done clearly with the awakening in mind, no point to do it otherwise.

PS: the awakening weapon is enchantable ? Elven Sword2 I see no stat on the weapon itself, maybe it's a modifier for dmg or something like that  ?  Like we do not have enough hidden stats.... 
[EDIT] It should be this

Breakthrough Effect : Attack, Damage Against Human Increase

Edited by Drasil
1 person likes this

Posted

Not sure how to vote. I LOVE playing Ranger but hate that we suck at PvP. And now the Resist Ignore stones and 100% Crit for Sorc Ability come in and make us even more rag doll in PvP. So fun to play but not fun to lose.