• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Are you guys happy of what ranger has become after 17/06

Ranger after 17/06   292 votes

1. 1. Are you happy of the ranger changes?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

140 posts in this topic

Posted

Why you do this? :( 

Patch day incoming bros. Brace yourselves. Thus far we haven't had a good one. xD 

Question is not nerf or not, but what did they nerf this time .

Thats it mate thanks ;) Sry if i wasnt clear enough but im pretty much only farming with Will of the Wind. Its the fastest and strongest in PvE. Atleast thats what i figured but the constant movement completly denies the pets to loot. I guess if youre constantly making them "follow" they dont trigger their loot scan. Ultimatley if i want to run on a decent farm speed i cant bother looting. It basically forces me to use shitty skills like shotgun or EES making it super uneffective

How can you keep up with stam ? Wotw farming is clearly the fastest but I must throw a shotgun/RW for MP & EES for stam regen. I simply can't just WOTW spam.

I upgraded my pets from T1->T3 and it got better, still have to manually loot sometimes but way less than before. Pet's range could have a boost though, I feel the same thing you are, I must "stay" in the same place to make them loot the pack I just killed.

Posted

Hey guys, i have good news for you.

THEY DIDN'T NERF RANGER THIS PATCH.

BUT IT'S STILL UNPLAYABLE ON PvP DUELS

Time to roll a damn tamer.

Posted

Hey guys, i have good news for you.

THEY DIDN'T NERF RANGER THIS PATCH.

BUT IT'S STILL UNPLAYABLE ON PvP DUELS

Time to roll a damn tamer.

It's far from unplayable, get better at the class and you'll see that. It is however a lot of work and you have to be pretty good at ranger to hold your ground against people.

Posted

It's far from unplayable, get better at the class and you'll see that. It is however a lot of work and you have to be pretty good at ranger to hold your ground against people.

You can definitely beat people 1v1 if you know what you are doing but I feel like we are still at a disadvantage in duels which I am honestly ok with.

What is your opinion on a hypothetical "equal gear and equal skill" duel for Rangers? Do you think in that situation we still have much of a chance against other classes 1v1, or that in such a situation we would still lose most of the time?

1 person likes this

Posted

You can definitely beat people 1v1 if you know what you are doing but I feel like we are still at a disadvantage in duels which I am honestly ok with.

What is your opinion on a hypothetical "equal gear and equal skill" duel for Rangers? Do you think in that situation we still have much of a chance against other classes 1v1, or that in such a situation we would still lose most of the time?

I never said we were particularly good at 1v1's but we are in fact very far from unplayable

Run the right resist setup with the emerald manos necklace for 60% stiffness/stun and 65% kd and if you do it properly, proper kiting, proper Q kd fishing rangers can turn a lot of 1v1 matchups into a coinflip, if you get the kd you win, if not you lose slowly.

Posted

I still find my ranger much more viable than other classes, only a bit slower than it originally was.

Posted (edited)

What gear do you guys have to hit 170+ AP?

I have +15liv bow, +10 steel dag, coral Jewls,  and I'm only sitting at 123AP as a level 53, I know my gear isn't the greatest, but still I have a hard time seeing where I can add an additional 50+AP without investing a large fortune, or sacrificing goats to the RNG gods

Edited by Akuma⁴

Posted

Hi guys, id like to know if the ultimate (red) shotgun is still bugged?

Posted

I have +15liv bow, +10 steel dag, coral Jewls,  and I'm only sitting at 123AP as a level 53, I know my gear isn't the greatest, but still I have a hard time seeing where I can add an additional 50+AP without investing a large fortune, or sacrificing goats to the RNG gods

tri wep and tri offhand is what u nees for sure.

Posted

Tri bow and Tri off-hand are easily obtainable playing casually. Accessories are more RNG for sure but if you want to circumvent that it's very easy to just farm gold and buy them instead.

Posted

Question is not nerf or not, but what did they nerf this time .

How can you keep up with stam ? Wotw farming is clearly the fastest but I must throw a shotgun/RW for MP & EES for stam regen. I simply can't just WOTW spam.
I upgraded my pets from T1->T3 and it got better, still have to manually loot sometimes but way less than before. Pet's range could have a boost though, I feel the same thing you are, I must "stay" in the same place to make them loot the pack I just killed.

Well ive got 4 T4 pets. pretty much p2wed that part. And im using 2 Extraction Stones. Solo youll need some pots but if the mob groups are bigger than 7ish than youre regenarting more than you need

Posted

Hi guys, id like to know if the ultimate (red) shotgun is still bugged?

The "red" ( orange! ) shotgun is the SP version, not the ultimate. The ultimate is white.

And i didn't know that the orange shotgun was bugged. Can you explain whats the bug with it?

Posted

The "red" ( orange! ) shotgun is the SP version, not the ultimate. The ultimate is white.

And i didn't know that the orange shotgun was bugged. Can you explain whats the bug with it?

I heard it was not worth picking cuz *insert ninja nerf complain* ^^ maybe i misunderstood

Posted

I heard it was not worth picking cuz *insert ninja nerf complain* ^^ maybe i misunderstood

It was the other way. Before the 17/06 patch Ultimate: Charging Wind shotgun was stronger ( the white one ).

After the patch it became useless as the dmg got nerfed + the skill add-on does not work on it anymore.

After this patch the SP: Charging Wind was stronger, and it is still fine.

Posted

It was the other way. Before the 17/06 patch Ultimate: Charging Wind shotgun was stronger ( the white one ).

After the patch it became useless as the dmg got nerfed + the skill add-on does not work on it anymore.

After this patch the SP: Charging Wind was stronger, and it is still fine.

ok thank you for the clarification :)