• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Does the game get more challenging?

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey Everyone,

So I just picked this game up and I got two classes to around level 21.  However I noticed that, at least thus far, the game has been ridiculously easy.  I mean, I almost have to try to die.

I like the combat in this game, but if the difficulty doesn't get ramped up at higher levels, I'm going to be bored I think.  So for people that have higher level characters...does the game get more challenging?  If so, do you know around what level I can expect the difficulty to ramp up?

Thanks!

Posted

pve is always easy and pvp is entirely gear based / rng, this game isn't the game you want when it comes to challenges. 

Posted

This game is based on the premise that dying is baaaad. You can lose crystals, XP, and if you have negative karma, enchants on your armor and weapons.  So dying is not something that you should be doing on a regular basis (with some exceptions)

What colour are the mobs you are fighting? Maybe go for red with a dab of purple?

Posted

short answer: no

Posted

Get to valencia, go fight basklisks that are level 60+.... much harder.... but challenging... eh we all have different opinions on what challenging means.

Posted

Hey Everyone,

So I just picked this game up and I got two classes to around level 21.  However I noticed that, at least thus far, the game has been ridiculously easy.  I mean, I almost have to try to die.

I like the combat in this game, but if the difficulty doesn't get ramped up at higher levels, I'm going to be bored I think.  So for people that have higher level characters...does the game get more challenging?  If so, do you know around what level I can expect the difficulty to ramp up?

Thanks!

What a strange question... An mmo can be as difficult or as hard as you want it, just go for higher leveled mobs if the ones you're fighting are too easy. If you have only just started playing, which i doubt (suspect troll), your starting gear would have you struggle against red or purple mobs. To say it's too easy is showing a lack of understanding of the games mechanics, as death comes with very harsh consequences. To anyone that talks that rubbish after fighting in Valencia with average gear, you're lying, but if you're top tier geared, then the pain you went through gearing up has paid off, but there's more on the way, and your gear will again be sub-par

Posted

To make the game more challenging, Daum Games has introduced the new revolutionary component to MMO gaming called server laggggggggggggg and dsync.  Instead of making the game better they have managed to make the servers worse. 

Posted

yes over time, the servers get shittier and shittier until you have to first combat being able to log in, then the lag. 

good luck because no matter how much money you throw at it, you wont win

Posted

In your case: depends on the class. Ranger for example have it horrible boring, melees maybe challenging or insane or pointless.

Groups grind easier.

For the rest of the game: You should play something another.

Posted

I've only found one mob (Basilisks in Valencia) with a "fun" and challenging fight mechanic.

Very cool animations how they slither along the ground and their "root".

Posted

Hey Everyone,

Thanks!

If you're looking for actual answers and information, i urge you to avoid this forum at all cost.

Try reddit, anywhere else.

Short answer : the game's challenge doesn't reside in basic PvE against regular mobs (this is not really new with most MMOs tho, right ?), especially considering they made it easier to allow new players like yourself not to lag too far behind.

Posted

The proper answer to your question is yes, the game gets more challenging as you level up. If it will be enough for your taste it's only up to you to say.

Don't mind the other boys answering, they were too in a hurry to prove(?) that they are l33t to realize that the question isn't if the game is challenging but if it gets more challenging. Obviously the PvE isn't as challenging as other MMOs, but you will not enjoy dieing after level 50, either, so you should find a certain degree of thrill in PvE too.

Posted

My dog can get to level 21, so there's that; however, no. The only challenging mob is other players.

Posted

Fighting AI monster is no chalenge.

Upgrading your gear is THE chalenge in this game.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So ignoring all of the complete and utter wankers above with the toxic "lmao so easy" attitude, especially since people tend to forget what it was like starting out:

Initially at level you're at it is rather easy. One you hit areas beyond Calpheon in the west, the difficulty may ramp up. Abandoned Monastery is a huge point of difference in difficulty initially. You'll start to have to pay attention to enemy attack patterns a lot more from there on out.

This follows through to Mediah to places like the Helm outpost, and the Elric Shrine, where particular enemies are likely to take off massive chunks of health if you get caught in a swing or a heavy projectile (High Priests come to mind for example).

It'll even out as you improve your gear and develop better muscle memory.

Valencia so far is the most arduous if only because of the sheer amount of health some enemies have. Crescent Guardians in particular are a pet hate of mine, because they can be utterly relentless in their attacks.

So short answer, yes.

Edited by Flemeth

Posted

If you want to feel worthless and severely underpowered go fight world and field bosses

Posted

A funny thing happened on the way to making an immense world with no level cap. ;)

So they made the mobs for most of the first 45 levels pretty easy. Especially if you get some silver and buy better weapons and armor. The idea, really, is not to play the first 50 levels, but the last 10.

Posted

My dog can get to level 21, so there's that; however, no. The only challenging mob is other players.

In 99% cases, mobs are harder and smarter than players :)

Posted

Real challenge is quit your irl job, kick your family out and grind 24/7.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0