• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Website unavailable several times today.

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Has anyone else had difficulties reaching the website (forums) today?

5 times today I have got the 505 gateway error screen. 

I have direct  connection. Comcast says no problems.5472236108.png7-12-2016_7-48-05_PM.thumb.png.afc73a1e9

Edited by S'Ly Kyti
spelling is haurd

Posted

Yes I had the same problem. What the hell are they doing??

Posted

Well the new CM mentioned in her welcome post something about new forum something-or-other...you'd think though as a "community" liaison they'd let us know. HAH!

Posted

I think at this point daum probably still believes this is our end.

1 person likes this

Posted

Got some salted banned hackers DDOSing the servers. Its been happening on and off for the last few weeks. 

2 people like this

Posted

They probably dealt with it by closing some ports and blocked some IPs. Stuffing up the connection for some users. But because it's not all they don't care and just accept those who have problems as acceptable casualties, they wont fix, notify us and keep us in the dark.

Posted (edited)

Got no problem at all. Been on all day 24/7. I do believe it could be something they changed that affected some people like Oceansky said. But being salty about it won't help at all... so stop that and grow up! They will fix it, but nothing they can do in one day.
fffff.thumb.PNG.0a2df5df7ca3458874dad925

Edited by Martin Blom

Posted

Got no problem at all. Been on all day 24/7. I do believe it could be something they changed that affected some people like Oceansky said. But being salty about it won't help at all... so stop that and grow up! They will fix it, but nothing they can do in one day.
fffff.thumb.PNG.0a2df5df7ca3458874dad925

Nice. Not that you're bragging I'm sure. ;)

It's quite likely it has nothing to do with one's internet connection though. I'm lucky if I can log in with my 300Mbps cable and even if I do get in, I'm usually DCed within minutes. But, with my tethered cell connection, which is pretty much crap, I can log in every time and stay logged in. So, RNG routing, just another aspect of BDO. :)

Posted

It's hard not to feel peeved when they don't notify you, keep you informed or tell you what's going on. People don't like not being informed. If they gave us information and told us they are trying to fix things, most people would feel better and not be salty, but not informing and keeping people in the dark makes you feel peeved. It's a normal human reaction.

Posted

I've been using these forums for the past six hours without any problems at all. 

Posted

It's hard not to feel peeved when they don't notify you, keep you informed or tell you what's going on. People don't like not being informed. If they gave us information and told us they are trying to fix things, most people would feel better and not be salty, but not informing and keeping people in the dark makes you feel peeved. It's a normal human reaction.

No, it's not a "normal human reaction". It suggest deep insecurities, perhaps even a state of paranoia. You do not need to know everything that going on, just in case something may be important to you. I promise you that whatever caused the webpage to be unavailable is nothing you could influence, prevent, overcome, or circumvent. Normal people accept that a lot of stuff happens, and they can only effectively adress a small portion of it. It's called "perspective".

Posted

No, it's not a "normal human reaction". It suggest deep insecurities, perhaps even a state of paranoia. You do not need to know everything that going on, just in case something may be important to you. I promise you that whatever caused the webpage to be unavailable is nothing you could influence, prevent, overcome, or circumvent. Normal people accept that a lot of stuff happens, and they can only effectively adress a small portion of it. It's called "perspective".

Well I don't agree with anything you said. A company needs to inform it's customers if they are going to fix server issues.

At least I can add you to my ignore list.

Posted

Whoa. It's clearly not "normal" to be so vehement, condescending or naive. Fanboi alert

Posted

I am pretty sure that it IS a normal human reaction. Say you're waiting for a friend and hear that on the same route there was an accident. You are going to be extremely anxious, your body will only think rationally after it has passed from its immediate shock of the news. For your body to make rational assumptions, it is necessary to know exactly what is going on. If you just thought to yourself "nothing is wrong, stuff happens", then you'd be in for a huge surprise. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Got some salted banned hackers DDOSing the servers. Its been happening on and off for the last few weeks. 

I can tell you this is 75 % of the problem.

1 person likes this