• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ninja + Blader Class (Female and Male)

92 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I feel you on this. The Blader was the class i wanted to play after seeing gameplay on it. I was so bummed out when they didnt have it here. The other classes are just...not fun for me. I guess ill play the Zerker..but I want the Blader.

This looks to me to more of a marketing ploy from Daum. Those 2 classes were without a doubt were going to be the most played classes. My guess is that they are going to release later on in the future with some cash grabs connected to them. I could be wrong, but that is the only reason i can think for them not to release they classes along with others.

Edited by Lucas Hood

Posted

Im also waiting for the blader/ninja, but will be playing berserker because of their mobility. I too love fast pace classes.

Posted

About the KOR version. We are the version with most classes released at launch, you guys are being over dramatic

Why they can't just release all the class at the same time. That's just bullshit to force player to play something they don't like. Hopefully there is Tamer to wait the Ninja but when i start a game i want to start with my main class and not wasting my time on a "I play tamer cuz i don't know which class to play QQ".

Plus, Ninja & Blader classes are generaly wanted by a lot of players cuz of the mobility and damage which offer a lot of possibility.

Posted

Why they can't just release all the class at the same time. That's just bullshit to force player to play something they don't like. Hopefully there is Tamer to wait the Ninja but when i start a game i want to start with my main class and not wasting my time on a "I play tamer cuz i don't know which class to play QQ".

Plus, Ninja & Blader classes are generaly wanted by a lot of players cuz of the mobility and damage which offer a lot of possibility.

Tamer was already released in CBT2. So yeah, you will have it at launch. As of why we don't have the rest of the classes, it is because they are meant to be added in future patches that are still being worked for our versions. Classes need localization too.

What I do hope they release all at once, is awakenings.

Posted

Tamer was already released in CBT2. So yeah, you will have it at launch. As of why we don't have the rest of the classes, it is because they are meant to be added in future patches that are still being worked for our versions. Classes need localization too.

What I do hope they release all at once, is awakenings.

Yeah that's what i meant, i'll play tamer because they don't release the Ninja or Blader.
But when i say "I don't know why they don't release all classes at the same time", i meant why korean devs don't wait to implant all classes before release

And yeah, i hope they'll release all awekenings at the same time too, because in KR it's a real mess.

Posted (edited)

Yeah that's what i meant, i'll play tamer because they don't release the Ninja or Blader.But when i say "I don't know why they don't release all classes at the same time", i meant why korean devs don't wait to implant all classes before release

And yeah, i hope they'll release all awekenings at the same time too, because in KR it's a real mess.

Well you have a point there, but "waiting for all the classes" could mean that the game will never be released. Ninja is not likely to be the last class of BD. BD is meant to be a solid game with just 4 classes (giant, sorc, ranger and warrior), and thus it is possible to release the game with those 4 classes alone. Sure we all are waiting for things to be released. I can't wait for Valencia to be out since I enjoy PK. Some other guy in the forums said he was very upset that sorc awakening wasn't out in release because that's the class he liked the most, you guys want blader/ninja, etc. Everyone can relate to you because everyone is waiting for something. But surely we will find other enjoyable things to do while we wait. I'm sure blader will be released soon, and ninja will come quickly after it.

Edited by Tinaral

Posted

I am more interested where they came up with these names. Why blader for a samurai class and not just samurai? Why name the female version after fruit when the female samurai has a name, onna-bugeisha?

Posted (edited)

I am more interested where they came up with these names. Why blader for a samurai class and not just samurai? Why name the female version after fruit when the female samurai has a name, onna-bugeisha?

Maybe because it is a Korean title and they don't want to make it too Japanese? Maybe one of the main reasons the Blader awakening is that god aweful polearm instead of a ridiculously good katana?

When will they understand that most people that will roll Blader will do it so they can play as a samurai with a katana. I guess never.

Edited by Delolith

Posted

Maybe because it is a Korean title and they don't want to make it too Japanese? Maybe one of the main reasons the Blader awakening is that god aweful polearm instead of a ridiculously good katana?

When will they understand that most people that will roll Blader will do it so they can play as a samurai with a katana. I guess never.

You mean like using the names Ninja and Kunoichi keeps that classes from sounding too Japanese?

Hell even the historic female samurai used a naginata which is a spear which the Plum gets as an awakening.

Posted

:ph34r:

Almost got fooled to get the Eplorer's Package.

No Ninja, no money...i have no reason to play it at this point. 

See ya all when all the classes are on if something else does not capture my attention until then.

To bad!

Well back to exploring the space for now.

Posted

You mean like using the names Ninja and Kunoichi keeps that classes from sounding too Japanese?

Hell even the historic female samurai used a naginata which is a spear which the Plum gets as an awakening.

Don't get me wrong mate. I totally agree with you. My sarcasm was not directed at you. It was directed at the company.

Posted

Don't get me wrong mate. I totally agree with you. My sarcasm was not directed at you. It was directed at the company.

Someone really needs to invent a universal sarcasm font.

Someone really needs to invent a universal sarcasm font.

Posted (edited)

This classes are completely out of place. Better if will never be added.

Edited by Hekki

Posted

I don't even understand why we have valkyrie/tamer/wizard/witch and not the blader as it was the first class to be released in the korean obt...

Posted (edited)

This classes are completely out of place. Better if will never be added.

If that was the case, the game would have passed me, leaving me untouched, with the speed of light....

Edited by Delolith

Posted

Still no ninja? someone tell me when it's going to be in game so I can start playin'

Posted

They have to release ninja already, or at least give us an ETA.

Posted

YUP ETA would be nice ...

Posted (edited)

I could be wrong on this but I believe they are Korean warriors.. not Samurai. They look very similar but they are different. They were called Hwarang.

Edited by Solid Snack

Posted

I could be wrong on this but I believe they are Korean warriors.. not Samurai. They look very similar but they are different. They were called Hwarang.

to be fair Ninja and Kunoichi, is straight up Japanese to be fair.

Posted

This is correct, you can find the source in the translated devs notes here.

http://worldwidegamewatchers.com/post/111468298671/black-desert-blader-interview-summary 

A Naginata is a glaive, not a spear. It has slashing as well as piercing and hooking abilities.

Posted

Yah. i really dont get why we are not getting any of the male/female versions of blader/assassin. They even said they wanted us to get classes that the west are used to.. then atleast give us the assassin we always have Rogue like classes in our games so atleast give us that. I have been waiting years for this game and im so salty that we are not getting blader.. but we are not even getting assassin either so now i have to play a character that i dont even wanna play on at all.. Just really annoying and its kept me from pre ordering a game i was so hyped about.. 

In their defense tamer is effectively an assassin. Not that I support their decision to hold back classes in the first place....

is there is anyone one who knows when will the ninja/blader classes be released ??

Not even Daum themselves based on what they communicated in the Q&A's 

2 people like this

Posted

I'm so playing Ninja when it comes out. Looks freaking awesome.

Posted

I'm so playing Ninja when it comes out. Looks freaking awesome.

<video>

I wish they'd just disable screen shake effects if they're making an up-close video like that. You can barely actually see anything and it makes me sick. 

Posted

I wish they'd just disable screen shake effects if they're making an up-close video like that. You can barely actually see anything and it makes me sick. 

Yeah it is a bit hard to see but it still looks cool. Well you can disable the screen camera effects in the settings. I have it on 10%.