• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Golden Event Information

274 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Since this is RNG based, do you think fishing level will have no increase in drop chances?  I apologize for the dumb question.

Idk. Lvl 7 character. Fishing beginner 1, basic fishing rod: 35 energy = 1 golden inflation ticket

My guild mate has higher quality gear and higher skill level: he get 100 yellow/ultra rare fishes but he get  0 event5 million silver - fish. Or this is extreme RNG thing, or skill has 0 effect or rare/yellow drop use same droptable and has priority in roll or dropping trash fish settings drop the event golden fish. Or my guildmates say big thimng without reality. :D 

Edited by Mikroman

Posted

80% grinding mobs. and 20% only on lifeskills.. seems a bit odd there honestly. lifeskills rarely get any attention.

Posted

Combat experience again!? and 50%? Why not life experience sometimes? ... Even though i appreciate the idea of this event... it covers everything i don't do in the game. I don't fish / grind mobs or gather. I cook and do / alch, and of course no experience bonus for me or any chance in getting any gold items either. Lame, life skill players are forgotten about again.

It's to allow new player or new characters to level up. People aren't leveling through Life skills. 

Posted

How do I get the quest for this and where?

Posted (edited)

I just caught a Coelcanth first try in Velia, but it is only 125,000?

***EDIT*** Never mind, I caught only a Coelacanth, not the GOLDEN Coelacanth....

Edited by NordicusMaximus
figured it out

Posted

Do you have to fish it manually, or can it be done afk?

Posted

Black Stone event? really?
Better give us Sharp and Hard shards event...

You keep thinking that, meanwhile I'm having fun creating alternates and farming Sharp and Hard Concentrated Black Stones through the quests.

Posted

You keep thinking that, meanwhile I'm having fun creating alternates and farming Sharp and Hard Concentrated Black Stones through the quests.

Through the quests? You mean the life skills quests?

Posted

I love these events <3

Posted (edited)

Through the quests? You mean the life skills quests?

The story line quests.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken

Posted

Bring back AFK fishing, and bring back a meaning to having fishing skill and gear

Posted (edited)

Boooo .... more SILVER inflation is the LAST thing we need,  buff harvest rate of Shards and polish success rate of Alch Stones you Misers!

Or atleast have Lifeskill Rank affect those rates

Edited by iller

Posted

hope the event items wont be bugged when we get in game and have really high drop rates

Worry not! I've been fishing since 10 AM CST in Tarif Town, abundant resources, apprentice 8 fisher with Epheria rod, its now 7PM CST, still no fish lol 

2 people like this

Posted

Yep, my two accounts plus my husband's account have been fishing since 12 pm CST and still no golden coelacanth on any of the three accounts.
My main account is skilled 7, level 5 fishing, in an abundant area. My second account is skilled 4, level 4 fishing, and in the same area. Husband is artisan 4 in fishing I believe with level 5 fishing, +10 Mediah Rod and +5 Maple float in an abundant area and nothing for him. (All accounts also have penguin)

I'm not sure how the golden dagger and golden backpack event will go, but if they are anything like this fishing one so far I think people won't really need to fear silver inflation. In the near 9 hours I've spent trying to catch 1 of these fishies I could have made double the amount they sell for. I might skip this event or at least not put so much time into it. The combat and gathering one I'll definitely go for though.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just a bit of information I've gathered so far ( done fishing for now lol )  in regards to this event.  The Golden Coelacanth can be caught anywhere regardless of resource status, with any rod, at any fishing skill.  Just a VERY low chance for it to drop.  This next part is dependant upon what you want to do, but if your only there for the green grade and higher fish, you can toggle to throw away useless items while fishing and if you DO catch the lucky fish your toon will still pick it up.  Just figured I'd share cause I for one don't want to come back to full inventory of grey fishies and torn clothing/boots hehe. Hope this helps you all.  Good luck and happy hunting! 

Posted

I guess the drop rates are going to be crazy low, right?  I mean, it makes sense, what with them being so valuable...

Posted (edited)

Artisan 5... 5 step fishing.... fishing in a Resources Exhausted area....lol.... its about 4 hours of semi afk.cf077b90e4.jpg

Edited by CRobbNation

Posted

Sounds like fun

Posted

Artisan 5... 5 step fishing.... fishing in a Resources Exhausted area....lol.... its about 4 hours of semi afk.cf077b90e4.jpg

time for you to go for TET with that rng!

Posted

How good is the drop rate for these antiques? 

Posted

Its low.  I was afk fishing from 10 AM CST to 8:30 PM CST and didn't get any.  Was in abundant resource area in Tarif, with Epheria Rod and App 9 Fishing skill 

Posted (edited)

Its low.  I was afk fishing from 10 AM CST to 8:30 PM CST and didn't get any.  Was in abundant resource area in Tarif, with Epheria Rod and App 9 Fishing skill 

So it'll take hours to get it from grinding? 

Edited by Phenols

Posted

Been monitoring 3 accounts for 11 hours straight and only one account has caught one if that's any indication lol. Definitely done for the night...

To the people who've gotten multiple so far, curse you ya lucky bastards and grats.

Posted

from what i can see these guys cant do right in some peoples eyes, they give us more gold and more xp and you still complain.... 

Posted

from what i can see these guys cant do right in some peoples eyes, they give us more gold and more xp and you still complain.... 

I don't think that some people understand the fact that the NA/EU version has been playing catch up to the KR version at a fairly fast rate. KR players had time to build up their hordes of silver. I will admit that I am a no-lifer on this game (summer break from college helping me with that), but even I can't imagine spending 80-100 something million on a piece of gear right now.

When it comes to these weekend experience boost events they are going to be doing for the next however many weeks, I think that is to help with the release of the Ninja next week. Plus once they finally decide to release awakenings more people will be level 56 and Ninjas won't be behind the rest of the classes either. I do, however, sympathize with the players who can't take advantage of the 50% experience boosts on the weekends because they work weekends.

1 person likes this