• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Golden Event Information

274 posts in this topic

Posted

Yep, I fished for 5 days o the event. Not one golden, unless I got one last night before server went down. Yet some got several? Too bad event RNG isn't on a sliding scale? I mean enchant RNG is one thing, but why use events to punish half your players and only reward part of your player base? Well, no surprises from this, anyway.

2 people like this

Posted

No luck with fish either. Does anyone think that every mob will have a chance to drop the golden dagger? Was going to run around getting knowledge on things that I'm missing like foxes/deer/raccoons since they do drop things occasionally . I will update if I do get one

Posted

First of all, later on in game you are going to need as much money as possible.So making money in this particular game is never enough.U need as much as possible.

How long did it take you to get it?

i catched 4 in total... the first one i got in the first hour of afk-fishing

Posted

i catched 4 in total... the first one i got in the first hour of afk-fishing

Shame on you! I got none during the Fishing event, its okay tho, I will hopefully get more daggers then you! <hides>

1 person likes this

Posted

I caught 1 fishing and got a golden dagger yesterday. 

Posted (edited)

Got lucky and got 2 fish, and I have already killed 1000 npcs (same or higher level than me) or so and no dagger yet. Does it work with any enemy type? The first page says:

Our second event has you return to the field to kill monsters, which have a chance to drop a Golden Dagger, also worth 5,000,000 silver each.

But I assume it will work for any enemy type including humanoids and not just "monsters". Whatya guys think?

Edited by Searer

Posted (edited)

Got lucky and got 2 fish, and I have already killed 1000 npcs (same or higher level than me) or so and no dagger yet. Does it work with any enemy type? The first page says:

But I assume it will work for any enemy type including humanoids and not just "monsters". Whatya guys think?

Mine came from a random mansha I killed. Which is much lower level than I am... so level does not matter. 

Edited by Anthropic

Posted

Mine came from a random mansha I killed. Which is much lower level than I am... so level does not matter. 

I randomly got one from killing nagas around my level. Do I just sell it to the merchant? I want to make sure. :D

Posted

I randomly got one from killing nagas around my level. Do I just sell it to the merchant? I want to make sure. :D

Yes, sell to any vendor npc :)

Posted

Got 5 from fishing but only 1 so far from the combat while grinding xp. Not bad, though I liked the fishing event better. Here is hoping for better luck with the gathering event. Only sucks that one will be limited to how much energy we have.

Posted

wtf srsly kakao why are these dropping like shit? i got only 1 in about 40h of grinding and that was 2h after maintenance.

Posted

lol this event is horrible, i got none from fishing which i did every night for about 9hrs and still haven't gotten one for killing things. I will be surprised if i get one at all from any of the golden events..

Posted

The chances of getting any of these is so terrible you may as well permanently leave the event running.  Because not even managing to get one during the entire time it is running is f'n BS.

Posted

I received  one   Golden Dagger off the Frogens while I was leveling up my Kuno. That was it though. GL on the next events all.

Posted

Yeah drop rates are abysmally low, it of course is supposed to be a nice bonus for grinding etc but currently provides next to nothing

Posted

Since the dagger is getting another week and backpack being delayed please balance it out so the dagger is not in one of the golden antiques weeks as that is showing favoritism towards one playstyle over another.

Posted

Not a bad thing the extension honestly, Gives time to save energy on the alts o/

Posted

Well I just got a golden backpack from gathering.

Posted

Me too, looks like they messed up events, dagger is not extended with 1 week. Or maybe we can get dagger and backpack both ?

Posted

After AFK fishing all nights for the first week of the event and some active fishing : ZERO golden whatevers... and after grinding my ninja from 1 to 56, ZERO golden daggers... ill assume ill get ZERO backpacks :P

I was used on other mmos, to have events that helped the playerbase break the daily routine, by having fun activities.. so I wanted to say:

Thank you for an event that literally does nothing to my daily game routine... literally having this event on, has done NOTHING to most of the playerbase...

Im still hoping for an event that requires us to do something cool, and fun.. not just "grind more mobs, for a .0001% of getting little more cash".

Posted

Why are you all whining so much? Just take it as a way to get extra cash if you get lucky, not as something that you HAVE TO loot...

Posted

Damn, I checked earlier today and it said the dagger event would end august 3rd and now it says july 27th :/.

Posted (edited)

Same thing i saw, they changed dates to 3rd, and then changed them back to original... i guess no more golden dagger but whatever the chance is too low. This event is 0 drops for me too.

EDIT: i saw the news section and the post about no maint. from GM_Tytes and he said:

** Update July 26 - "Golden Dagger" will end automatically on July 27th 10:00 UTC and the Golden Backpack Event will begin as planned.

Edited by LORDZERG

Posted

such troll.

good thing i didnt blow all my labor on alts last night.  and have a huge amount of lucky tools for them.

i need meat for cookin anyways.

Posted (edited)

Greetings adventurers,

With the release of our next patch we wanted to bring you a special series of events.  The first three events are known as the Golden Antiques, which has you collect valuable artifacts through various methods, we will also host an increased Black Stone drop event, and last but not least each weekend will boast a 50% Combat EXP boost.

Update:

The EXP event weekends will run from July 15th through August 28th between 16:00 UTC Friday ~ 8:00 UTC Monday.

1."Golden Coelacanth"

• Start: July 13th 10:00 UTC (After maintenance)

• End: July 20th 10:00 UTC (With maintenance)

The first event will send you out to collect Golden Coelacanths by fishing.  You do not have to fish anywhere specific to find them, but each one will net you 5,000,000 silver.

QJnsU5G.png

2."Golden Dagger"

• Start: July 20th 10:00 UTC (After maintenance)

• End: July 27th 10:00 UTC (With maintenance)

Our second event has you return to the field to kill monsters, which have a chance to drop a Golden Dagger, also worth 5,000,000 silver each.

w8Fjnyy.png

3."Golden Backpack"

• Start: July 27th 10:00 UTC (After maintenance)

• End: August 3rd 10:00 UTC (With maintenance)

•  

Next up is the Golden Backpack event which gives our gatherers a chance to find the 5,000,000 silver artifact.

arv6y2J.png

4.Increased Black Stone Drops

• Start: August 3rd 10:00 UTC (After maintenance)

• End: August 10th 10:00 UTC (With maintenance)

Following the various Golden Artifact events we will increase the drop rate of Black Stones throughout the world for both Armor and Weapon Black Stones.

5."Golden Antiques"

• Start: August 10th 10:00 UTC (After maintenance)

• End: August 31st 10:00 UTC (With maintenance)

Our last event will be a 3 week long combination of all the previous events, where all playstyles are able to collect Golden Artifacts and enjoy the additional Black Stone drops.

How about some LifeSkills EXP love?

Edited by Hemuk
1 person likes this