• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

AN ERROR OCCUR WHILE PATCHING

93 posts in this topic

Posted

ugh that is scary man!  but dont worry you didnt lose data its just a linking issue of some type i am sure... data in the database isnt going to be deleted from a patching issue

Posted

After restarting the launcher over and over i finally did it within 3h30 o/

Posted

Yeah, obviously I don't know what I'm doing. I probably shouldn't have followed instructions without understanding what it could do. I submitted a ticket so I'll see what happens with that. There should be a way to fix this easily, I just don't know what it is.

Posted (edited)

1hour later, still trying to verify my files... How broken this -----ing patch is ?
Seriously, I'm -----ing pissed, there is literally no clear answer on what's going on or any procedure to follow. Even the fact that the same exact post in the tech forum still has no answer from any official is a -----ing shame.

I don't like to be told to do something if it does not fix my issue but worsen it. Thanks for making me delete my version.dat to make me stuck on the "checking files" process with another -----ing issue. I was just stuck on the update, now I'm stuck without an update and still after I succeed in verifying my files, I'll have to go through that update without being certain that it will pass without any issues.

Edited by LeviathaNz

Posted

Hey guys,

Our tech team did some manipulations. Close the launcher and delete the version.dat file again, then restart the launcher, if you get the error message again hopefully it should look for a new solution and fix it itself. :)

I read evrything in this topic, and i still don't know where is version.dat!

Can somone tell me?

Posted

Finally downloaded this POS without it crashing, and when I try to log in it says "The File is Corrupted" and then closes down.

Tells me to run "file recovery" from the launcher if the problem persists, but of course there is no file recovery option in the launcher.

Posted (edited)

I read evrything in this topic, and i still don't know where is version.dat!

Can somone tell me?

version.dat is in the main files directory, wherever that is on your computer.  So probably in the Program Files (x86)/Black Dessert directory or something similar.

Don't actually delete it, just rename it version.datbackup or something like that, so you can replace it if it doesn't work./

Edited by HuntGod
more info

Posted

It would be nice if we could get some new aside from a six hour old tweet saying they are looking into it.

Telling me that other players have managed to log in is not helpful.

Telling me to keep trying things that I've already tried that clearly aren't working is also not useful.

Posted

Would be nice if they released the patch as a standalone through another mechanism and then allowed us to patch it without the DL.

Posted (edited)

You can give one more shot following these steps:

- Go to your Black Desert Online folder

- Find the following file "version.dat"

- Rename it to "config.filecheck"

- Restart the launcher

Hope it helps :)

Edited by Gries

Posted

And so, I have to completely download the game again.   This reminds me of the old days in WoW where Blizzard would have to put out a patch to fix the errors of the previous patch's patch.

Crash and Burn.jpg

Posted (edited)

Ok, i don't have version.dat file in my directory, i think i'm even more -----ed ^^

Edited by Drino

Posted

I did the version.dat file rename thingy about 2 hours ago. I was able to get into the game as a brand new player.! Where'd my level 55 character and all her sisters and dyed wardrobe go, hmmm? I'm now doing a restore point on my computer from 3 days ago and I'll start over from there!! I'm not gonna gripe at the tech support people because I have no freakin' clue about their job but I'm frustrated because I'm so addicted to this game and I want back in!!

Posted

I did the version.dat file rename thingy about 2 hours ago. I was able to get into the game as a brand new player.! Where'd my level 55 character and all her sisters and dyed wardrobe go, hmmm? I'm now doing a restore point on my computer from 3 days ago and I'll start over from there!! I'm not gonna gripe at the tech support people because I have no freakin' clue about their job but I'm frustrated because I'm so addicted to this game and I want back in!!

The issue you are describing sounds as though you may have accidentally joined the incorrect region (either NA or EU) in which you do not have any characters made, please close the game down and open the launcher, from there click the gear symbol in the upper right and select the region you believe your characters should be on. Once you connect to the correct region you should be able to find your characters as per normal, in the event you do not see them please check both regions and contact support for additional assistance.

And so, I have to completely download the game again.   This reminds me of the old days in WoW where Blizzard would have to put out a patch to fix the errors of the previous patch's patch.

Deleting or renaming version.dat to config.filecheck will initiate a repair cycle on the launcher which is indicated in your screenshot by the blue box with the message "Checking Files". This does not mean the game is being fully downloaded again but rather is indicating the progress of the file check, if at any time the launcher begins to actually download files it should change to a purple box with the message "Patching".

As was last updated in this thread by CM_Tytyes players should be able to resolve most issues by initiating the repair process, this can take some time to run and may require some additional patching afterwards to ensure all files are up to date and correct. In the event you are still unable to patch or receiving an error message please submit a technical support ticket via our support website at this URL: https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Our Tech team is actively looking into any reported issues and we will relay any additional information regarding this as it develops.

Posted (edited)

Thank you. I checked and was using N.A. Server but opening it up and looking has gotten me a bit further along, I'm now just stuck at "now processing" which is at least familiar. 

Now it just says password is invalid. 

Edited by Wikked

Posted

After 3h30 I finally got the checking files to work without any errors. I went to my network card and changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
That's how it finally worked, unless you did some stuff to repair the patching/repairing.

Posted

So after 12 hours, trying portforwarding, and trying to install a fresh copy (which freezes at 74%), I am at a loss as to where I should even tackle this problem, or if I should even be the one doing this work. I have been consistently logging in to collect daily rewards and playing, but this situation has flummoxed me. Hopefully when I get back this will be fixed since not only are the old files not updating, but installing from the account page is broken as well :/

I cry for daum, I really do.

Posted

Took 13 hours but what finally worked for me was turning off firewall, turn off AV, remove version.dat and run as admin...the game still continued to give me occasional 12006 corrupt file errors, but each time it went further into the file check process, after about 9-10 times it completed the file check and the game finally ran.