• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Sorcerer Ability Discussion Thread

425 posts in this topic

Posted

So I walked into this handicapped children's centre the other day and all of the kids there were playing a sorc

wonder why

Posted

Spammable - damage reduced on cooldown, and you have to be playing against a real potato for spamming to be a good idea

... Then its on cooldown and you're screwed.
 >.>

"Damage reduced in PvP".... This pretty much equals it out.

Are you guys serious? Have you not even read the Patch notes?

z7Qo4vJ.png

Posted (edited)

Yeah we know bud, you're in at least one other thread complaining about how bad you are.

Highest burst - nope, there are ults for that, and I'm sure some other hard burst skills. Well, good luck finding anyone dumb enough to stand still during a two second, completely unique casting animation, as they do not attack you in any shape or form from any other direction other than in front of you standing inside your clearly-nuke. Other than, you know, not using that and perma-iframeblockspamming with almost complete risk-immunity.

Front block - when warriors/valks have it, they say it's stupidly easy to bypass block! Funny how it becomes OP when sorc has it. Your own words. BYPASS. Not BREAK. The only reasonable way to break a Block is to nuke it with an ulti, or Grab them out of it. (Or get behind the Warrior in particular for it only has 180*) Good. -----ing. Luck. Doing that against a class that can iframe four times over before a single nuke from a single class in the game can manage to even activate, let alone deal enough damage for the BLOCK portion if they're DF Spamming.

Want to know the advise for breaking Block combo's from the first topic I searched? "Max claws of darkness and Dark Flame, that 4 hit combo with some cast speed wrecks the block. Then just CC for days. - Cryptid March 8th"

"Just spam dark flame in their face till they die. 

if they do something silly like grabs and stuff dont worry they dont do any dmg. B| Purie March 8th"

So tell me, for such a always-was, always-is balanced skill, why are people commenting about using one specific skill, from one specific class, to instantly destroy a Block, on a guy who HASN'T even mentioned his class?

Manageable mana cost - GOD FORBID

Spammable - damage reduced on cooldown, and you have to be playing against a real potato for spamming to be a good idea “100% chance of Critical Hit in PvP” and “Using the skill during cooldown (in PvE) will not activate the Critical Hit Effect.”

Ignoring the fact that if they were to use Elixirs, they have ONE HUNDRED PERCENT EFFECT ON THREE. Depending, 100% UPTIME as well. If you consider it takes less than half a second to completely kill someone as a geared Sorc now, anyways. They can't not crit, they knockdown, AND they backattack, at 100% effectiveness. ((<--sorry for the Italic after the Patch Note. These cancer coded forums from the -----ing nineties...))

Some mobility - now you're just getting desperate An unbreakable block, one tenth of a second before an iframe, absolutely contributes to mobility. But I bet you'll claim our servers DON'T have a bonus 100ms delay for absolutely no reason at all.

Fast - welcome to the vast majority of skills in an action game, still predictable enough to counter I want to see your videos of you predicting players that have meshes/textures physically removed from your game for more than half of the duration of a fight. EXCLUDING desync, and all.

Cancelable - GOD FORBID

Easy to land - someone hasn't played sorc with desync, I see! I wouldn't call it hard to land, but easy is stretching. Sorc is balanced because SOMETIMES, SOME PLAYERS HAVE DESYNC? Flawless logic.

Large hitbox - now you're just repeating yourself, and the hitbox on the meaningful damage portion isn't great. You have to be playing against potatoes for this to be a meaningful factor. Spam Dark Flame - "HURR OMG SO OP, now if someone is so horiffically bad that they sit there... (Look two paragraphs below)"  K. So if someone is knocked down, they're a potato? So I guess you're a potato, unless you've NEVER been knocked down. Considering "Last hit is a knockdown" (Also two paragraphs below in your own words.)

DoT - lolololololol

Last hit is a knockdown - OMG SO OP, now if someone is so horrifically bad that they sit there and eat an entire DF combo AND ult without countering the sorc, they'll also be knocked down at the end! It is truly the end of days. 

You know how in every MMO there's a lot of 'grass is greener' hate that never goes anywhere because the devs aren't using the -----ing of a handful of people with poorly-thought-out arguments on the forums to guide intentional balance changes? No? Never seen that before? I see, it all makes sense now. Couldn't have said it better myself. Except just replace "----ing" with "white-knighting"

And how convenient for a hypocrite to talk about "intentional balance changes" while defending a skill that got buffed, AFTER BEING CONFIRMED TWICE, OF ALREADY WORKING AS IT WAS INTENDED TO WORK.

Edited by Shades

Posted

No it didn't. PvP was the least fun it had ever been and I began to question why I even play this game (don't get me wrong, it wasn't "oh no I'm not OP anymore so I don't want to play", it was "I'm an assassin that can't even take out a Wizard, so what purpose do I serve?"). We were an assassin class that was unable to blow up a squishy target, like Wizard or Ranger, if they were equally geared. That's bullshit.

I agree, spamming DF is not fun, but DF dealing no damage was worse. I saw so many sorcs in RBF sitting back using only DoD, MoS, and Shadow Eruption because all they could function as were CC bots without severely outgearing their opponents.

What they need to do is nerf the damage on DF and buff the damage on our other skills so that we have a reason to use combos. Basically make it so that sorcs can blow up an equally geared squishy but it requires several different skills instead of the same one 3 times.

They shouldn't just nerf DF back to where it was and call it a day. That's stupid.

You were still able to one-shot most people with the proper skills. Even highly geared warriors/valkyries you could take off more than 60% hp with one combo.

The air combo still deals more damage than dark flame. Sadly the damage increase is not worth losing the frontal block.

Posted (edited)

Are you guys serious? Have you not even read the Patch notes?

z7Qo4vJ.png

Yeah i did...  and like i said...

The skill has a cooldown.

The damage is reduced in PvP.
So why the **** did you decide to quote me? My comment makes perfect sense.

So what if it does 100% chance of crit hit in PvP? It also has damage reduction in PvP... You know what that means, don't you? The critical hits deal less damage; As i said, having damage reduction pretty much balances out the 100% crit issue. You all read '100% chance of critical hit in PvP' and go running in terror, when it actually is not even that big of a deal if you spent more time thinking about it rather than complaining about it. And once you've used the skill, it goes into cooldown, giving you perfect chance to do whatever it is you need to do, while we basically have to wait for the cooldown to finish before we can use it again.

So, Mr/Mrs "Are you guys serious? Have you not even read the Patch notes?", Are you serious? Have you not even read the sorc skill information?

Edited by Casper

Posted

I don't know how to play, look at me prove it!

k guy.

I'd love to go point for point with you on this, but first you need to learn the mechanics of the class and its abilities (and by the look of things the game itself) before that can be productive at all. Right now the entire premise of your argument relies on sorcs being able to infinitely spam both iframes and blocks with perfect timing and no resource issues while everyone else sits still and employs absolutely no CC.

No -----ing wonder you have issues with them, if that's how you think they operate.

And I'm just going to leave this here. It's the direct translation of the actual patch notes from the KR version, before they were translated for our patch by Daum EU (already infamous for their bad patch notes), which is the final word from PA on whether or not DF was bugged during the weeks it dealt no damage:

c1d0d94eff.png

Go ahead, read it a few times. Let it sink in. The PvP ubernerf was never intentional, and the confusion that made it seem like it was was down to poor translation of questions and answers.

Oh, and don't forget to git gud.

Posted

I'm not sure what the point of this topic is

So in other words, you have basically no idea what you're talking about, with no information to even back up your arguments, either for forum attention or to cause drama?

*claps my hands*

Report4BaitPost.

Posted (edited)

while we basically have to wait for the cooldown to finish before we can use it again.

So, Mr/Mrs "Are you guys serious? Have you not even read the Patch notes?", Are you serious? Have you not even read the sorc skill information?

Why are you waiting for the cooldown?

Let me change my statement, you apparently have less of a clue about Dark Flame than i thought.

The cooldown has ZERO effect in PvP. It is merely relevant in PvE. You can use the ability regardless of cooldown, and in PvP nothing changes if it is on cooldown or not.

Edited by Noxx

Posted (edited)

Why are you waiting for the cooldown?

Let me change my statement, you apparently have less of a clue about Dark Flame than i thought.

The cooldown has ZERO effect in PvP. It is merely relevant in PvE. You can use the ability regardless of cooldown, and in PvP nothing changes if it is or is not.

Alright.

I've pretty much spent the last hour or so in the arena with a friend, using DF...

DF I does poor damage on cooldown.

DF II (The main skill everyone complains about for being so OP due to all of its extras) does not work on cooldown in PvP (Look at the FULL annimation of DF II, and try to multi spam it in PvP... You cannot).  After DF II has been used and goes on cooldown, you can only use DF I until the cooldown is gone - Which like i said is poor damage in PvP anyway.

'Zero effect in PvP' ? Alright.

Edited by Casper

Posted

I haven't tested formally since the patch, but a few quick tries against a witch seemed to support some sort of damage or accuracy loss during cooldown. It's kind of amusing that people at this stage are still relying on the patch notes and in-game tooltips for that kind of specific info given Daum EU's track record with such things.

Posted (edited)

Alright.

I've pretty much spent the last hour or so in the arena with a friend, using DF...

DF I does poor damage on cooldown.

DF II (The main skill everyone complains about for being so OP due to all of its extras) does not work on cooldown in PvP (Look at the FULL annimation of DF II, and try to multi spam it in PvP... You cannot).

'Zero effect in PvP' ? Alright.

I know exactly how the skill works. The last stage of Dark Flame is not even being discussed, it has never been changed.

Everything has been about the first 2 stages of Dark Flame. The last stage is simply for an AoE knockdown, nobody spams that shit. You use the first two stages for damage. Try letting go of all keys after the start of the DF animation, you will see that your character bounces back. That is the first stage of DF. If you hold down LMB+RMB a bit longer you will get the second part, after which your character does not bounce back. These 2 parts are the ones being spammed, the ultimate with 20 seconds cooldown is not used for damage.

edit: additionally, if the ultimate:DF is on cooldown and you try to use it, rushing crow is used instead (if not on cooldown)

Edited by Noxx

Posted

reminder to fix this on the upcoming update.

Posted

First of all, i play a Sorc myself and had learned to love the changes to dark flame.

When Dark Flame dealt no damage, PvP felt fun! You worked for the damage you deal and you weren't invulnerable while doing so. You had to be careful with your abilities and observe the enemies actions.

Dark Flame still had it's uses, frontal block while moving and regaining stamina is a very useful skill. The 3rd stage of it still applied a knockdown effect in a large area + magic-DP debuff.

Before last Wednesday Sorc had a lot of skills that had their uses, you could still dish out more damage than most other classes while not being caught if you played carefully.

Sadly, now everything is back to spamming one skill.. We are back to every Sorc being able to take on 5-man parties. We either i-frame or block, even the tamer AoEs can again be ignored while even dealing damage. You don't have to pay attention to anything, just Dark Flame and wait for something to die..

I'm not sure what the point of this topic is, i will try to force myself to continue grinding levels/skillpoints for awakenings. But i have lost all enjoyment from PvP as a sorc.

fight people your own level and quit picking on lowbies

Also you arent FORCED to use dark flame, just dont use it if its that much of a fun killer for you

Posted

am i missing something here, a sorc player is admitting that DF is broken and other people are actually trying to say he's wrong?

as ive said in other threads i dont hate all sorc players , i just find it retarded that some sorcs try to defend the class saying its not broken and its one of the hardest classes to play etc... just plain dumb lol.

Posted

fix what? df was fixed last update and is working as intended

Posted

Because you have trouble reading and/or comprehending, here's the official final word from PA on what changed with DF:

c1d0d94eff.png

Cry more though, delicious tears and all that.

Posted

am i missing something here, a sorc player is admitting that DF is broken and other people are actually trying to say he's wrong?

as ive said in other threads i dont hate all sorc players , i just find it retarded that some sorcs try to defend the class saying its not broken and its one of the hardest classes to play etc... just plain dumb lol.

Yes, you missed something. As it turns out, sorc DOES feel incredible OP when you're playing against potatoes, and you can even beat them without Dark Flame! Fortunately, PA doesn't balance around what a class can do to the 'special' portion of the playerbase.

The OP is entitled to his opinion, but given that his stated 'issue' can be fixed by either fighting players that don't suck or not using dark flame when he doesn't feel like using it, and given that one of his fairly recent posts said something about playing his witch more since the original DF nerf rendered his sorc unplayable, I'm sensing that there may be an ulterior motive involved here.

Posted

Because you have trouble reading and/or comprehending, here's the official final word from PA on what changed with DF:

c1d0d94eff.png

Cry more though, delicious tears and all that.

Why don't you just link the source

Posted

Why don't you just link the source

Because copypasta from the other places this was posted is way easier? You can go through the trouble of digging the original page back up yourself, how it's linked doesn't change what was said.

Posted

Yes, you missed something. As it turns out, sorc DOES feel incredible OP when you're playing against potatoes, and you can even beat them without Dark Flame! Fortunately, PA doesn't balance around what a class can do to the 'special' portion of the playerbase.

The OP is entitled to his opinion, but given that his stated 'issue' can be fixed by either fighting players that don't suck or not using dark flame when he doesn't feel like using it, and given that one of his fairly recent posts said something about playing his witch more since the original DF nerf rendered his sorc unplayable, I'm sensing that there may be an ulterior motive involved here.

Well.. I can promise you that i am not fighting potatoes. Unless you play on EU Jordine there's nothing i can do to prove it to you.

And not using the best skill you have available for your class is not an option if you want to stay competitive..

Posted

oh its this guy again , sorc white knight trying to protect the chastity of sorcs everywhere!

moving on....

Posted

oh its me again, -----ing about sorcs in every thread I find because I'm salty about my perceived warrior shortcomings

I know this may comes as an EXTREME shock to you, so I'm gonna try to lay it out as simply as possible. If you go into sorc-focused threads and post about sorc-related things, there is a pretty high likelihood of sorc players responding! Man, who would have thought?

Well.. I can promise you that i am not fighting potatoes. Unless you play on EU Jordine there's nothing i can do to prove it to you.

And not using the best skill you have available for your class is not an option if you want to stay competitive..

Isn't the whole premise of your thread the idea that sorc is competitive in PvP without dark flame?

Posted

I know this may comes as an EXTREME shock to you, so I'm gonna try to lay it out as simply as possible. If you go into sorc-focused threads and post about sorc-related things, there is a pretty high likelihood of sorc players responding! Man, who would have thought?

Isn't the whole premise of your thread the idea that sorc is competitive in PvP without dark flame?

and i know this may come as an extreme shock to you too, but there are other people who think sorcs are broken, its a shocker right? 

i mean who would have thought that a sorc player would admit that its amazing!

Posted

We understand class balance is often a very passionate subject of intense debate, as there were multiple threads of similar or nearly identical topic I've gone ahead and merged them here. Continue on as you were and our CM staff will monitor and report feedback from this ongoing discussion.

Posted

and i know this may come as an extreme shock to you too, but there are other people who think sorcs are broken, its a shocker right? 

i mean who would have thought that a sorc player would admit that its amazing!

I mean, it may be a shocker to you, but the rest of us have long, long since spotted the extreme correlation between 'omg sorc is op' and 'omg iframes have no resource cost and darkflame hits in a 1000m radius'. It's almost expected that people with a tenuous grasp of game mechanics would be very upset at their deficiencies and attempt to get other classes nerfed to compensate. It's a basic tenant of MMO forums at this point - thou shalt whine for a nerf rather than put in any effort or skill.

I'm gonna go ahead and stick with the opinion shared by the bulk of sorcs in evidence on the forums, comfortably backed by PA's decisions and by the alarming frequency of these nerf crusaders sitting there saying 'sorc needs nerf, and no I'm not bad I have no trouble beating them that's beside the point'. If you want to change that opinion, you're going to need to come up with at least SOME form of actual evidence beyond subjective 'I arbitrarily declare x to be too powerful' or anecdotal 'this one time I saw this sorc do this thing that sounds really broken!'

1 person likes this