• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Sorcerer Ability Discussion Thread

425 posts in this topic

Posted

Those posts were made 1 day after the changes when i have been DF spamming all my sorc-life.

I am not afraid to admit that i overreacted.

And now you're overreacting again with your oh my god I'm so special I need to make number 1000 topic on this subject. Because there are obviously no other topics for you to post this in. Look dad and mom! I'm special.

3 people like this

Posted

Nothing is stoping you from not spamming dark flame and using all those skills that just made the class magically more fun for you.

I am not spamming DF. It still is sad to see, that even if i deal most of my damage in other ways, it does not pay off.
You can argue as much as you want, it doesn't change the fact that there is not a big difference between a Sorc using aircombos and a Sorc using DF only.

There is not even a cooldown on DF, you are literally immune to any (frontal) CCs while dealing tons of damage. The sad truth is that spamming that one skill is, in most situations, better than anything else you can do.

And now you're overreacting again with your oh my god I'm so special I need to make number 1000 topic on this subject. Because there are obviously no other topics for you to post this in. Look dad and mom! I'm special.

Not sure what you are trying to achieve.. But you sound salty af.

It has been over 4 days since the changes, i have had more than enough time to experience the changes. And i can tell you that Sorc is too powerful for the effort required to be put into playing the class.

5 people like this

Posted

First of all, i play a Sorc myself and had learned to love the changes to dark flame.

When Dark Flame dealt no damage, PvP felt fun! You worked for the damage you deal and you weren't invulnerable while doing so. You had to be careful with your abilities and observe the enemies actions.

Dark Flame still had it's uses, frontal block while moving and regaining stamina is a very useful skill. The 3rd stage of it still applied a knockdown effect in a large area + magic-DP debuff.

Before last Wednesday Sorc had a lot of skills that had their uses, you could still dish out more damage than most other classes while not being caught if you played carefully.

Sadly, now everything is back to spamming one skill.. We are back to every Sorc being able to take on 5-man parties. We either i-frame or block, even the tamer AoEs can again be ignored while even dealing damage. You don't have to pay attention to anything, just Dark Flame and wait for something to die..

I'm not sure what the point of this topic is, i will try to force myself to continue grinding levels/skillpoints for awakenings. But i have lost all enjoyment from PvP as a sorc.

You are full of crap! P.S. Df isnt fixed it just does the same broken damge when on cooldown, not super damage like every lying crybabie on the forums claims.

1 person likes this

Posted

using aircombos and a Sorc using DF only.

I feel u bro but this is the point of your post that u lost 95% of the sorcs. 

They all going: "Wtf are combo's and what's an air combo????" 

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, i'll let all you Sorcs keep DF-spamming each other while i wait for awakening to change the playstyle. If you think DF is in a good spot, you are delusional.

In the current stage Sorc is not a fun class and doesn't require any knowledge of the class to be effective with it.

1 person likes this

Posted

You would rather fight a sorc and be able to fight back, than to fight a zerk or tamer. People seem to forget how strong these classes are, since people worry so much about 1v1

Posted

You would rather fight a sorc and be able to fight back, than to fight a zerk or tamer. People seem to forget how strong these classes are, since people worry so much about 1v1

You seem to not have read a single post in this topic. I play Sorc myself, from the perspective of a Sorc the playstyle has become not fun. This is not about crying over me not being able to beat Sorcs.

It's about DF being so good compared to all other skills at your disposal, that you are basically forced to use it in most situations. The effort put into using advanced combos just doesn't pay off. While there are more effective ways of dealing damage as a Sorc, DF is better in most situations since it provides that frontal block while doing comparable damage.

1 person likes this

Posted

You seem to not have read a single post in this topic. I play Sorc myself, from the perspective of a Sorc the playstyle has become not fun. This is not about crying over me not being able to beat Sorcs.

It's about DF being so good compared to all other skills at your disposal, that you are basically forced to use it in most situations. The effort put into using advanced combos just doesn't pay off. While there are more effective ways of dealing damage as a Sorc, DF is better in most situations since it provides that frontal block while doing comparable damage.

this. They should nerf DF damage during CD (and maybe slightly off CD) and in return buff some  of our useless skills like Shadow Riot - increase damage and give us frontal block/ Super Armor when used with 30 shards, Sinister Omen - increase damage, i heared the debuffs are not even working? But it seems like it will stay like this until we get awakening, playstyle will change anyway , i hope for the better...

Posted

I still think Sorc could use another buff.the DF fix was progress but still not the same as pre DF nerf. 

Posted

working as intended

Posted

Lame class regardless post or pre "bug" imo .

Posted

sorcs are lame and pathetic because they lag like crazy and they just hit the air on your screen but it ends up hitting you instead 

Posted

Lame class regardless post or pre "bug" imo .

they fixed a bug with a bug just to reinstate the bug. So post and pre are pretty relative here! Sorry just had to ... :)

Posted

You stupid moron, it is YOUR CHOICE to spam DF, comboing still has greater results than spamming unprojectiled DFs, god damn you are a shame for your class 

1 person likes this

Posted

First of all, i play a Sorc myself and had learned to love the changes to dark flame.

When Dark Flame dealt no damage, PvP felt fun! You worked for the damage you deal and you weren't invulnerable while doing so. You had to be careful with your abilities and observe the enemies actions.

Dark Flame still had it's uses, frontal block while moving and regaining stamina is a very useful skill. The 3rd stage of it still applied a knockdown effect in a large area + magic-DP debuff.

Before last Wednesday Sorc had a lot of skills that had their uses, you could still dish out more damage than most other classes while not being caught if you played carefully.

The above-quoted section is basically proof positive that you have only ever interacted with potatoes in this game. Sorc without dark flame deals more damage than most other classes... if those other classes are bad and the sorc is really, really good. Because the class is designed around Dark Flame as its primary attack, and doesn't have much in the way of sustainable backup attacks.

Sadly, now everything is back to spamming one skill.. We are back to every Sorc being able to take on 5-man parties. We either i-frame or block, even the tamer AoEs can again be ignored while even dealing damage. You don't have to pay attention to anything, just Dark Flame and wait for something to die..

Additional proof that you play exclusively with potatoes.

If you're upset because you think you do too much damage for whatever reason, then either a) don't use DF or b) drop some of your AP gear. There's no pressing need to break the class again.

Posted (edited)

wow people are getting so triggered. If DF spam is so bad then why would you care about a nerf of DF damage during CD (not nerfing it to a broken state like before)?

i agree with Noxx, i did use air combo while DF was broken and i still use it, i love the playstyle. But tell me how often you can safely use it in RBF or other group pvp. Maybe i suck at playing the class but spamming DF gives me easy points in RBF while trying combos either gets me stunned / killed many times or i have to use it very carefully which means i only get a few kills and have to back off most of the time.

Its not like DF makes you invincible, you still have to be a little careful but not as much as with other combos.

I would love to see how good sorcs play in group pvp without heavy DF usage (seriously, no sarcasm). In 1v1 its a different story, our combos are still great there.

Edited by Alexiel
1 person likes this

Posted

Sorc is still shit, they should have buffed the rest of useless skills 

Posted

At red battlefield you see them spamming iframe and darkflame in the hopes to get a kill

Posted (edited)

Because the accumulated DMG post nerf was never enough to decrease so much damage in a combo to kill someone 'equally geared', that means the class was heavily imbalanced, as we had no 1v1 purpose nor 1vX. Now it does, so it makes sorc class more viable, you cannot kill someone with a brain with spamming DF, you are just fighting idiots

Edited by Flaw

Posted

I am not surprised why people dislike sorceress players. Simply because most of sorceress players are hypocrites, and when they see some opposition they turn into hyenas. Good example is this post, someone wrote different opinion and pack of hyenas arrived to gnoll on OP. Daum should release daily to hunt down not Manes, but forum Gnolls aka sorceress players that behave like hyenas. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I am not surprised why people dislike sorceress players. Simply because most of sorceress players are hypocrites, and when they see some opposition they turn into hyenas. Good example is this post, someone wrote different opinion and pack of hyenas arrived to gnoll on OP. Daum should release daily to hunt down not Manes, but forum Gnolls aka sorceress players that behave like hyenas. 

To be fair this is pretty standard behaviour on this forum, the community isn't interested in different opinions or actually discussing problems.
Daum can be blamed for applying horrible changes to the game but most of the things they applied to our version of the game that end up ruining it are either from our forums or PA lacking to show their
professionality as a developer.

Edited by Yablo

Posted

The real mistake is that they don't keep forum accounts tied to game accounts.

Posted (edited)

The latest sorc fix was the easiest way to make this class viable again.

Sorcs with DF in its "no damage" state can't kill anyone equally geared, or maybe a potatoe. PA could have worked on rebalancing the other sorc skills but imo they're working on awekenings so they had no time to put into this.

They chose to keep sorc players perfectly knowing that it would lead to forum dramas. And that's exactly what's happening.

Talking about balance right now is a waste of time.

Edited by Kaeldrick

Posted

Posted

All pro sorcs spam DF.

Why wouldn't you use your strongest attack that essentially has no cooldown? You are hurting yourself as a sorc if you aren't spamming DF. Its literally like a Ranger not speccing Will of the Wind. Except WotW doesn't give a frontal block.

1 person likes this