• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

NAME RESERVATION AND CBT2 INFO

968 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

There hasn't been any mishap yet - they said it'll be available to download today and - it's still today!

The download is available at 6pm on the 16th

CBT2 starts at 8am on the 18th

They are giving people 38 hours to download 57 gigabytes for a beta that will last just 4 days.

And you think it's not a mishap?

Edited by Izen

Posted

Yes

Can you or someone reffer me to how to do that? I coulnd't find where exactly ;/

Posted

They are giving people 38 hours to download 57 gigabytes for a beta that will last just 4 days.

It's ~30 GB.

Posted

So the 18 year old person tell me I'm a kid, thanks for the laugh... (For your information, im 28 years old), also it's about 13:00 for me ;)

And the far majority of people I know uses GMT, not UTC, and I dont see anywhere it was stated in my link it was adopted for convenience for the normal user, maybe a slight HINT (though not exactly said still) for the scientific community, so you starting it is "That would be incorrect as they aren't going by GMT?" is... well incorrect, because UTC and GMT is the same, for all intent and purposes for the average guy, who just want to figure out the time in another timezone

I can tell you are the type who loves to make enemies - Gz you are the first person to receive an ignore in all the time I've been here. 

Posted

Who said it's available at 6pm?  Considering it's still only 12.40 UTC, there's still a little way to go before 6pm.  I'm fully aware of when the CBT2 starts - I've been hanging around these forums for a while now.

Still no mishap happened yet.

Posted

can not download you me not is because and I have key access to the beta 

1 person likes this

Posted

We still have almost 16 hours to go before the day is over. 9_9

1 person likes this

Posted

Tell me I'm not alone in this every 2 minutes by pressing download.

2 people like this

Posted

Tell me I'm not alone in this every 2 minutes by pressing download.

Honestly you're not. xD

Posted

mmmm every 15 minutes :P

Posted

Not sure if this has been asked already, search function didn't wield any result for me.

Can we "reserve" a name by making a placeholder character, delete it and retake the name, or will the name be locked into the database because of terrible coding? :D

I'd love to reserve a name for my Blader, since we cannot create it right now :|

Posted

Well, if it isn't up soon-I'll be travelling home where my connection is around 900k to 1.2mb/s. I will not be able to participate in the beta I paid for due to this. 16.02.16 should be just that, not halfway through the day. many of us CAN'T download that fast.

Posted

Well, if it isn't up soon-I'll be travelling home where my connection is around 900k to 1.2mb/s. I will not be able to participate in the beta I paid for due to this. 16.02.16 should be just that, not halfway through the day. many of us CAN'T download that fast.

Imagine my pain here in HST. We found out CBT opening for us is near in the wee hours of the morning. 10pm for me isnt so bad but my friends in CST and EST have 3am and 2am start ups. Back when I had the same connection it took about 8-10 hours to download. So I don't think it'll be that bad. The Japanese version that's updated is only around 29 gigs of information.

Posted

i can't dowload too,you are not alone.

Posted

Also pressing the download key every 15 minutes to check LOL.

But honestly, once I download it, then I'll just be gazing  at the patcher, sighing pitifully, and wishing it was the 18th.

Posted

i can't dowload too,you are not alone.

Only one of my friends were able to and it was like voodoo. Don't even know how he managed it but he was like "I'm downloading it right now"

Posted

i wish i could already start downloading

Posted

Imagine my pain here in HST. We found out CBT opening for us is near in the wee hours of the morning. 10pm for me isnt so bad but my friends in CST and EST have 3am and 2am start ups. Back when I had the same connection it took about 8-10 hours to download. So I don't think it'll be that bad. The Japanese version that's updated is only around 29 gigs of information.

That will take me about 3 days to download, and with the fairly frequent connection drops maybe 5-6 days in total. 

16.02.16 should really be the start of the day, let's give ALL your customers a chance maybe? Only 29 gigs is a staggeringly huge download at home.

Posted

That will take me about 3 days to download, and with the fairly frequent connection drops maybe 5-6 days in total. 

16.02.16 should really be the start of the day, let's give ALL your customers a chance maybe? Only 29 gigs is a staggeringly huge download at home.

I did it through a VPN to play the Japanese version. Max bit rate i was getting was maybe 1.1mb/s all in all it took 8 hours. I had spotty internet growing up as a kid so I understand. Ethernet in for the download so it doesn't get dodgy.

Posted (edited)

29Gig will take you circa 9 hours at a constant rate of 900kb/s so plz don't cry, you will play this weekend, if u load the game over night 

Edited by Alexjel

Posted

Have they released a download page that I am not seeing or something?

Posted

way do not they make it torrents-like 

Posted

The link takes you to your account page where the download button is. I checked my email and do not have an email stating anything about 4pm UTC. Also twitter still says "Later today". I am sure they will give a hollar on Twitter once the download is available.

However, if it's 4pm UTC that would be 11am EST. Which isn't here yet. :)