• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

NAME RESERVATION AND CBT2 INFO

968 posts in this topic

Posted

Still not able to download :/

Posted

I do not get constant rate. And, way to show basic human empathy:) My connection only stays stable for about 2 hours at any given time.......plus my typical ACTUAL download speed is around 132kb/s-the speedtest.net test says around 900k-1.2mb/s, I do not actually download at that rate.

Last time I installed WoW it took FIVE DAYS.

At this moment I have 240mb/s, trivial IF they can sort this out before 18:00 utc. If not, I have no chance to use what I paid for.

cool huh?

Eeesh I'd hate to see how well connected you stay in a Action based MMO. You're ping is gonna be through the roof. Suddenly GvG and your internet goes.

poof_gif_by_fezent-d64wzdf.gif

Posted

hmm so any news about why i can't download the clint yet ???

Posted

Still not able to download :/

same here o.O

Posted

Hate to burst your bubble - but if it's 18.00 UTC when the Button of Funtm goes live, there's 2.5 hours of waiting left :( 

Some people are saying 16:00 and some are saying 18:00. Is there actually a time set that the download will be live? I'd like to start the download before I have to go to sleep then go to work tonight. 

Posted

Eeesh I'd hate to see how well connected you stay in a Action based MMO. You're ping is gonna be through the roof. Suddenly GvG and your internet goes.

poof_gif_by_fezent-d64wzdf.gif

The odd thing is, my latency is ok! But downloading is misery.

Posted

This is what CM Praballo answer in the post  "At what time today can the CBT2 client be downloaded?" 

So i can assume that they will allow download when they have finished to checking everything, and maybe will be a casual time..

c0508e82934ed137586e66d1bbd8f08f.png

1 person likes this

Posted

How about extending the beta a bit?

A lot of people can download this no problem before the beta goes live, which is great and I'm happy for them (well not really, cause somehow they can't help being d*cks about it), but some won't even be able to make the download before the 22nd.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well evening hours will mean i can't play the beta. At 132kb/s I'm stuffed. I bet I'll get no compensation either. 

Posted

Any idea on Download availability today 2.16?

Thankfully the beta is over in a few days then comes release with all the fun that brings!

Posted

Someone text me when it pops.

D: need to take a nap

Posted

Soon.

yaaas.png

Posted

So i assume maybe it will start at 21...

Posted (edited)

We see for 5min or can be downloaded
Edited by DathRemar

Posted

3 hours to go? Well back to Black Desert Character Creator. :3

1 person likes this

Posted

I do not get constant rate. And, way to show basic human empathy:) My connection only stays stable for about 2 hours at any given time.......plus my typical ACTUAL download speed is around 132kb/s-the speedtest.net test says around 900k-1.2mb/s, I do not actually download at that rate.

Last time I installed WoW it took FIVE DAYS.

At this moment I have 240mb/s, trivial IF they can sort this out before 18:00 utc. If not, I have no chance to use what I paid for.

cool huh?

You got your terminologies wrong there, speedtest.net shows you bandwidth in kbps (kiloBITS per second), where as the one you see in the speed of the actual download usually is kB/s (kiloBYTES per second), and 1 byte is equal to 8bits, thus 900kbps is 112.5kB/s, so that sound about right with what you saying, and yeah that is not the best of connections, hope you will be able to get it downloaded in time, and that you understand these terms a bit better now.(pun not intended really ;))

PEOPLE WOULD APPRECIATE SOME INFO IN ADVANCE and not just "oh downloads are now enabled guys"!

So that they can you know, DO OTHER THINGS besides just sitting at PC checking if it's up already!

Most likely BDO devs dont know it exactly either, can depend on a LOT of factors on their download servers when they can safely open up the flood gates

1 person likes this

Posted

PEOPLE WOULD APPRECIATE SOME INFO IN ADVANCE and not just "oh downloads are now enabled guys"!

So that they can you know, DO OTHER THINGS besides just sitting at PC checking if it's up already!

"Some info" states that the downloads will be enabled within the next three hours.  You can actually go away from your PC and do real life things in the meantime - nobody is forcing you to sit there staring at your screen for hours on end.

Nobody is forcing me to do that either - I just choose to do so! :D

3 people like this

Posted

It's gonna take me at least 15 hours, and I can't even watch vids on youtube or netflix while I'm downloading.

And that's if nobody's watching Tv in the other room, otherwise you can double the time and divide the speed by 2.

You could always you know, READ, or maybe WORKOUT? :)

there are several other things you can do , play some old game.

Posted

You can actually go away from your PC and do real life things in the meantime

I don't understand what this means? o.O

5 people like this

Posted

You will enjoy the game even more if you do something of actual importance, could be a long walk outside, or whatever

Posted

Real Life ? Sry i just have the home Edition :( 

4 people like this

Posted

You got your terminologies wrong there, speedtest.net shows you bandwidth in kbps (kiloBITS per second), where as the one you see in the speed of the actual download usually is kB/s (kiloBYTES per second), and 1 byte is equal to 8bits, thus 900kbps is 112.5kB/s, so that sound about right with what you saying, and yeah that is not the best of connections, hope you will be able to get it downloaded in time, and that you understand these terms a bit better now.(pun not intended really ;))

Most likely BDO devs dont know it exactly either, can depend on a LOT of factors on their download servers when they can safely open up the flood gates

Yeah thanks mate:) I'm so frustrated and angry, I'd thought that amateur stuff like this wouldn't happen^^ 2 days was pushing it to start with, now I've lost potentially 18+ hours of critically needed time...:(

1 person likes this

Posted

Me neither.  I read about 'real life' once.  I think it's a myth :D 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Do not want to be a pessimist but with mine 25MB/s[sic!] I am prepared to download at <150kB/s ;) Especially after what I saw with the name reservation problems.

And I don't think it is a problem when beta starts in an over two days.

You could always you know, READ, or maybe WORKOUT? :)

there are several other things you can do , play some old game.

But he IS READING [this thread], and WORKING OUT [typing posts in here] :D

Edited by rospondek

Posted

i have  50mb/s I am prepared to download at 50k/s :) , still w8 for the hell gates to ope.