• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

NAME RESERVATION AND CBT2 INFO

968 posts in this topic

Posted

Feel sorry for peoples internet, if i max it, it will take like an hour, max 2.

Posted (edited)

This isn't the first post I had hoped for.

It is weird to me that it seems there are a lot of people that feel they deserve compensation for not playing the beta because they signed up with an internet connection that would barely allow them to play the game let alone download a large file in under two days. 

It is a Beta, the game files were always going to be 29GBs. Beta testing is not a "demo" but a stress test of the servers, checking for bugs and other little issues to help make launch go more smoothly. 

I suspect that final file of the game won't come out til 25/26 which means these same people will likely not be able to take advantage of the Early access. 

That begs the question.. why did you buy a package? or ask for a beta key? (Please don't answer just think about it quietly) 

I've been looking forward to this.. I have played the Russian game just long enough to make sure it would run nicely without getting a new video card right away (I really do need one) and as a side effect it made me really excited. I also figured out my download issues then, which allowed me to know that it was worth it to preorder and get the head start. 

This isn't like something like SWTOR (the last game I preordered and yes you can be sad for me) where it wasn't out anywhere else and the Betas were the first chance to figure out file size and download speed. All this information has been accessible for a really long time for BDO. 

Ok that is my rant. 

Also... I know I can't do anything with the files until 3am est tomorrow night.. but I WANT THE DOWNLOAD NOW :P ok I'm a little too old to be this excited about a game. :D (yes I know it is coming out in the next 2.5 hours) 

Edited by Kaziklu
2 people like this

Posted

That begs the question.. why did you buy a package? or ask for a beta key? (Please don't answer just think about it quietly) 

I asked for a key because there's no way in hell I'm buying this before trying it. (Don't ask dumb rhetorical questions and act like they're supposed to be deep or something.)

I don't care that it's supposed to be a "stress test", I'm pretty sure they know the VERY LARGE majority who asked for one don't care even the slightest bit about helping with that. Let's be serious here.

Posted (edited)

29gbs? should take about 10 mins :) unless the download server just doesn't have the capacity to handle my 200mbs download capability :D for those who cant afford it - or arent fortunate to live in an area where its available - get a better job or move :) or both. You notice I'm smiling, so I really do feel for you, but come on - you want sympathy or a purple heart or something? Just man up and deal with it.

Edited by Noble Warrior

Posted

And so it begins...

Downloading now :D 

1 person likes this

Posted

This isn't the first post I had hoped for.

It is weird to me that it seems there are a lot of people that feel they deserve compensation for not playing the beta because they signed up with an internet connection that would barely allow them to play the game let alone download a large file in under two days. 

It is a Beta, the game files were always going to be 29GBs. Beta testing is not a "demo" but a stress test of the servers, checking for bugs and other little issues to help make launch go more smoothly. 

I suspect that final file of the game won't come out til 25/26 which means these same people will likely not be able to take advantage of the Early access. 

I've been looking forward to this.. I have played the Russian game just long enough to make sure it would run nicely without getting a new video card right away (I really do need one) and as a side effect it made me really excited. I also figured out my download issues then, which allowed me to know that it was worth it to preorder and get the head start. 

This isn't like something like SWTOR (the last game I preordered and yes you can be sad for me) where it wasn't out anywhere else and the Betas were the first chance to figure out file size and download speed. All this information has been accessible for a really long time for BDO. 

Ok that is my rant. 

Also... I know I can't do anything with the files until 3am est tomorrow night.. but I WANT THE DOWNLOAD NOW :P ok I'm a little too old to be this excited about a game. :D (yes I know it is coming out in the next 2.5 hours) 

Well going with your attitude and that of others here, I'm kinda wishing I did not bother at all. When the majority of your customers don't have great speed (you'd be shocked at how many don't) you would think they'd have given us say, a week? Sounds reasonable no? If you discount peope with slower connections you hammer your playerbase, in my country MOST people have way less than 20mb....downloading at around 3-500 kb/s on average. we have entire counties that struggle to even get basic internet.

It's annoying because the distress people are under could have ben solved with a bit more time and forethought. We are not asking the world, just a bit more start time before beta start. Hardly unreasonable thing to expect. Why exclude people when you can include them too?

Posted

I asked for a key because there's no way in hell I'm buying this before trying it. (Don't ask dumb rhetorical questions and act like they're supposed to be deep or something.)

I don't care that it's supposed to be a "stress test", I'm pretty sure they know the VERY LARGE majority who asked for one don't care even the slightest bit about helping with that. Let's be serious here.

lol to your reply. and don't LOL out loud, but do it quietly. And I mean quietly in the deepest, thoughtful, enigmatic and mystical way. (that's in case you weren't able to pick up on my condescension)

Posted

There are loads of other ways to test the game. I did the same thing.. So I actually played the Russian version as it is the easiest version to get access to. I played for what was supposed to be and hour or two just to get a feel instead I played for nearly a 12 hour period. 

If you can't handle the basic game files.. they don't owe you anything. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. There is no need to be in the Beta, You don't have to be in a Beta, no one owes you anything. You are not entitled to play the game without buying it, you aren't entitled to any compensation because your Internet isn't enough to download a 29GB file in 5 days (that is 6 GB a day) 

If you can't watch netflix.. you likely can't play this game. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I am so excited to play this game xD O.o

Posted

Starting my download now! So excited!

Out of pure curiosity, do we think that there will be a release client that's separate from CBT2? Or do we think that it will just use the same client upon release?

Posted

Download is up

proof.thumb.png.0d47cfaeda2df7bd6549cdc6

Posted

I'm downloading. :D

bdo.GIF

Posted

I'm downloading. :D

bdo.GIF

Looks like they are capping everyone at 3.77-4.0mb/s Smart move Daum.

Posted (edited)

There are loads of other ways to test the game. I did the same thing.. So I actually played the Russian version as it is the easiest version to get access to. I played for what was supposed to be and hour or two just to get a feel instead I played for nearly a 12 hour period. 
If you can't handle the basic game files.. they don't owe you anything. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. There is no need to be in the Beta, You don't have to be in a Beta, no one owes you anything. You are not entitled to play the game without buying it, you aren't entitled to any compensation because your Internet isn't enough to download a 29GB file in 5 days (that is 6 GB a day) 

If you can't watch netflix.. you likely can't play this game. 

Aaah, fanboys.

Everything's always your own fault when you're facing a problem that doesn't affect them :)

Don't you worry for me, though, my DL is over by tomorrow, I was mostly thinking of a friend of mine.

Also maybe work on your reading comprehension if somehow you understood that I couldn't watch Netflix.

Edited by The Algerian
1 person likes this

Posted

downloading............................................. :P

Posted

Aaah, fanboys.

Everything's always your own fault when you're facing a problem that doesn't affect them :)

Don't you worry for me, though, my DL is over by tomorrow, I was mostly thinking of a friend of mine.

Also maybe work on your reading comprehension if somehow you understood that I couldn't watch Netflix.

Everyone knows Netflix is extremely bandwidth reliant so lower end Internets can't handle it. Torrenting ftw.

Posted

Aaah, fanboys.

You could have thought this thru and actually downloaded a few seasons of given show, movies or whatever :)
or you know, reallife, books, etc ;p

There are more things to do then netflix, and you can always play some other game, dark souls great, play thru that :)

Posted (edited)

Bd.thumb.jpg.4ad456779b64d4221000469c5f8

Edited by Stefanow

Posted

Well going with your attitude and that of others here, I'm kinda wishing I did not bother at all. When the majority of your customers don't have great speed (you'd be shocked at how many don't) you would think they'd have given us say, a week? Sounds reasonable no?

No.. not for a Beta.. They are still working on the game.. you want to be working on it as long as possible. 2 days is actually really nice. Because that is 2 days they really aren't going to be working major bugs that might come up, or major functions that need to be done. 

If you are unable to download 300-600MB an hour your internet connection likely can't handle the game. Because your upload speed will mean you are going to lag badly. That alone says this isn't the game for you, and you should look at Tera or something a little less resource intensive. 

To have the game downloaded for the weekend 

No one owes you anything though. That isn't an Attitude.. that is a simple fact.. you are not owed anything by the company. If you don't have the ability to take advantage of the head start or to play the beta... then don't play. Also there are very few places in North America or Europe that don't have at least 5mb/s speed internet. At 5mb/s (a speed I had in 1998) would be easily enough to download this to play by Saturday. If you don't have 5mb/s you shouldn't be playing. 

Posted

21% ooooh yeah B|

Posted

Anddd we are on :D now am off to work will download it

started.jpg

Posted

Bandwidth is really good :)

bdo.jpg

Posted (edited)

download is available now

18:38 started download - lets see how long.

2.1 mbs download sigh, so much for 200mbs 

Edited by Noble Warrior

Posted

i started downloading nice yeah so happy clap your hands if you feel lalalala

Posted

32% done, but who cares rightt?

i still need to wait 2 days lol ;p