• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Golden Coelacanth

72 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if i'm the only one but I caught a golden coelacanth right off the coast of velia. I'm a beginner level 9 fisher and used a normal fishing rod. https://gyazo.com/34fdd907c26f5a79840fc3550eec10be

Edited by matt8588

Posted

I'm about to move to Velia lol, I've been in Tarif since this morning and have caught nothing all day in terms of event-related fish lol 

Posted

fished in altinova all day, not one single gold cole, but as soon as i went to velia to fish on the dock i got one on the third reel in.

Posted

I'm not sure if i'm the only one but I caught a golden coelacanth right off the coast of velia. I'm a beginner level 9 fisher and used a normal fishing rod. https://gyazo.com/34fdd907c26f5a79840fc3550eec10be

looks like a great newbie starting item :D 

Posted

and I'm artisan 3 with golden rod, maple float and actively fishing seagull spots only. No golden. That Ar-En-Gee though.  Lol

Posted

fishing like for hours in altinova = nothing really hard rng or maybe they are spots that have higher chances

Posted

Nonstop fishing since Patch in Velia...... NOTHING!

Worst Event ever.....

2 people like this

Posted

Worst Event ever.....

At least they do events, you are lucky that you don't play a game that releases it's stuff, then waits 2 years to actually do any events, -----.

1 person likes this

Posted

has anyone caught one while afk or can you only get it through active fishing?

Posted

I have not caught one yet, I have a guildie who has caught 3 all while afking.

Posted

Catching one is supposed to be a challenge.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have not caught one yet, I have a guildie who has caught 3 all while afking.

ah thanks been afk fishing for the past 2 days and have had no luck, but rng is rng xD

Posted

Yes, the challenge is to play other games while BDO is running 24/7 in the background for afk fishing ... just to realize after 3 days that you still haven't caught a single golden fish.

Isn't this game fantastic?

3 people like this

Posted

My friend caught won after literally only 5 minutes of afk fishing.  I was there and she told me (I trust her, if she says she caught it, she did).

Her skill level is no more than skilled5, I would guess.

It's just the RNG.

Posted

I'm not sure how pure RNG can be considered a challenge...

Posted

I've caught 2 while afk fishing in the last 2 days

Posted

Spent an afternoon afk/manually fishing.. got none.  Did afk fishing overnight and got one in altinova.  Trying afk fishing today again while at work. :)

Posted

I'm about to move to Velia lol, I've been in Tarif since this morning and have caught nothing all day in terms of event-related fish lol 

I think they are pretty rare, I afk fish about 16 hours a day since the patch hits and haven't gotten one.  My friend only afk fishes atm and has been fishing nonstop since then and neither of us have caught one

Posted

Good Joke

Posted

A challenge? No

Rare? Yes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Worst Event ever.....

I don't actually even consider this an 'event'. They added an ultra rare item to an RNG loot table temporarily. There is nothing your actually participate in that I would call an event. Maybe you make some more money fishing...most likely not. If you are going to actively fish to try and make 5 mil silver you'd be FAR better off picking tulips. Your chances of making 5 mil on hard and sharp shards is way better per unit time.

Posted

Caught one in Velia afk fishing, caught another one in a warm spot near one of the fish knowledge icons out in deep water while active fishing. Pretty sure it's the same tiny chance anywhere, and independent of fishing skill or rod quality. Best bet is to find a good static spot and maximize your number of casts. Chasing seagulls is not the way to go IMO, you will have way fewer casts overall doing that and thus lower chances at a golden prize.

Posted

Caught one in altinova afk fishing. Didnt fish last night because I couldn't connect to the server for hours so just shut the PC off

Posted

Been afk fishing in Altinova for the past two days. None yet. Darn.

Posted (edited)

I caught one yesterday during an afk fish session in Eupheria (on the dock) I'm skilled 2, using thick rods atm.

I'd say I've gone through about 3 thick rods to get 1 fish.

Edited by mb52