• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Golden Coelacanth

72 posts in this topic

Posted

I caught one yesterday during an afk fish session in Eupheria (on the dock) I'm skilled 2, using thick rods atm.

I'd say I've gone through about 3 thick rods to get 1 fish.

Leveling fishing kind of sucks until you hit skilled 5 and can use steel rods. After that it gets much better. Dock fishing also kinda sucks in general. There is a hotspot on the Velia beach (now depleted on most servers due to the event and it being a well-known hotspot). The Heidal river by the storage is also decent for inland fishing. It is most likely depleted by now as well. If you have a boat, like the one a lot of people got from the Valencia seal event, open ocean fishing is better. More blue and gold fish which will level you much faster.

Posted

has anyone caught one while afk or can you only get it through active fishing?

Yeah, I caught one AFK fishing in Calpheon the first night. ;)

Doesn't sell to the Trader though, can't make more profit hauling it a distance.  Have to just sell to a vendor.

Posted

just use a +8 epheria, it lasts the whole night and if you reset in the morning your whole day at work

Posted

two full nights of afk and several hours of active fishing and nothing - par for the course for me luck wise

Posted

A challenge? No
Rare? Yes.

Posted

AFK in Calpheon, got one overnight.

Posted

Catching one is supposed to be a challenge.

whats challenging about this? Is this an afk challenge? Who can be afk the longest? No?

Posted

got one after like 10 hours of afk fishing..

Posted

Where do you have to fish to get those Golden coelacanth?

Posted

Where do you have to fish to get those Golden coelacanth?

Anywhere. Think of it less like a fish and more like an item (such as relic shards, fish bones, hooks, etc.)

Posted

has anyone caught one while afk or can you only get it through active fishing?

I just caught one AFK fishing outside of Heidel

Posted

Well i am at Epheria port since the beginning of the event, and i have not gotten 1 golden coelacanth.

fishing all day but most of it is afk, master 8 fishing mediah fishing rod +4 and ash tree float +4 but i never received even 1 golden fish.

At this point i have given up on catching one.

Posted

This is the same link being tossed around Uno by a troll who keeps saying he caught one.
I seriously dont know what he gets out of this, like people care

PS: I am not aware of a single person catching one with a lower ranking than Skilled, so obvious troll is obvious.

Posted

Thanks.

Posted

2 days of afk fishing the whole day and still nothing ... i love this event.

Posted

Last night, I didn't even get one fish. I give up.

Posted

My husband and I have been afk fishing at Veila since the event started we do atleast 8hrs a day afk fishing and he finally got one of the event fish, but i still have not gotten one. I am starting to think i will not get one before this event is over lol

Posted

Since event i finally caught one while afk

Posted

Not much of an Event, when the drop rate is that low and its yet again all about RNG since people fish for a few minutes and get 2 and others fish for days and get none

Bet the same will happen with next stage, some will kill 10 mobs and get 2 daggers? and others will farm for days and get none

Posted

Got one today. Out of town so ask fishing nearly the entire time.  Odd it showed up at the bottom of my inventory.  You sell it to a vendor.

Posted

Yes, the challenge is to play other games while BDO is running 24/7 in the background for afk fishing ... just to realize after 3 days that you still haven't caught a single golden fish.

Isn't this game fantastic?

You should just quit...

whats challenging about this? Is this an afk challenge? Who can be afk the longest? No?

...and you too...

Posted (edited)

You should just quit...

...and you too...

or you should just git gud.

Quite simple really. There is no challenge to RNG. Only frustration and time consumption.

Edited by Blademaster1215

Posted

Got 3 while afking. RnGeesus.

Posted

My husband and I have been afk fishing at Veila since the event started we do atleast 8hrs a day afk fishing and he finally got one of the event fish, but i still have not gotten one. I am starting to think i will not get one before this event is over lol

Yeah for me its the same, fishing since the start of this event mostly afk and i still never have gotten 1 event fish.

And then you come on these forums and see that some people got more then 3 and then i think to myself what am i doing wrong.

I thought my master rank in fishing would help me but no a master 8 fishing can not seem to find this elusive fish, but some skilled fisher finds 3 of them.

I am like whaat whaat :| 

Posted

Lord, been doing this event since it started and have not caught a single one yet. Love the RNG in this game.....*sarcasm*