• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Golden Coelacanth

72 posts in this topic

Posted

Caught 3 afk fishing in altinova while at work on the day of launch (skilled 1 fishing).. havent seen one since then tho

Posted

or you should just git gud.

Quite simple really. There is no challenge to RNG. Only frustration and time consumption.

Seriously, if you're having those issues get out of gaming.

Posted

Just to sum up this cancerous catch up mechanic:
- Black stones to up a rod to + 7/8 -> 4 to 7 mil silver
- Rods for repairs - around 5 to 8 mil
- electric bill for 24/7 fishing - FFS Daum
- Money lost by not farming REAL stuff in game because I genuinely believed that DAUM introduced a real catch up mechanic - 100 mil +
- time invested since patch - 112 hours
- time remaining - around 48 hours
- money made from fish trading 1 to 3 mil at most ( niiiiiceeeee )

Fish caught - ZERO, 0, null, nada, zilch

If you introduce a catch up mechanic it should actually have some chance to work, right? Investing 10-20 mil, losing an opportunity to make 100 mil +, I feel scammed by a loser company yet again.

BTW I know I could of given up the first day I saw they were not dropping, but I wanted to know how fcked up Kakao/DAUM really is with their bullcrap lies. Now I know, have fun fishing 0 to 5 of those fishes in 162 hours...

1 person likes this

Posted

Why are you upgrading your fishing rod for one week of fishing? Seriously...

Caught my first golden one yesterday day evening after afk/active fishing since event start. Wooo

Posted

I have used up about 5 standard 30 dura fishing rods because I only active fish for 20 minutes when bored in heidel.

GOtten 2 relic scrolls so far, some keys, and zero of anything else, aka i'm more than happy about it, need the relics a tenfold times more than the fish anyways, now I can't wait till the gathering one starts, time to spend time gathering the hell out of everything

Posted

Why are you upgrading your fishing rod for one week of fishing? Seriously...

Caught my first golden one yesterday day evening after afk/active fishing since event start. Wooo

Let me quote myself "BTW I know I could of given up the first day I saw they were not dropping, but I wanted to know how fcked up Kakao/DAUM really is with their bullcrap lies. Now I know..."
Now I know that they bend the truth a LOT when introducing some catch up mechanics. Had to test it and I did, that is all.

Posted

Let me quote myself "BTW I know I could of given up the first day I saw they were not dropping, but I wanted to know how fcked up Kakao/DAUM really is with their bullcrap lies. Now I know..."Now I know that they bend the truth a LOT when introducing some catch up mechanics. Had to test it and I did, that is all.

What lies and bent truth are you talking about?

Posted

I got 2 of them and i just did what i always do: fish afk at night.
Why the ----- would you start fishing all the time for this 'event'.

If you go and grind you earn more anyway..

Posted

PS: I am not aware of a single person catching one with a lower ranking than Skilled, so obvious troll is obvious.

I caught my first Golden Coelacanth afking near Velia (maybe 90mins into it ... seemed to have found a hotspot judging by the ratio of yellows:blues too)

Apprentice 8, Thick Fishing Rod used... :3

goldenspot.PNG

Posted

Well, i afk fished most of the week and got nothing! 

this is rigged i tell you 

Posted

Just to sum up this cancerous catch up mechanic:
- Black stones to up a rod to + 7/8 -> 4 to 7 mil silver
- Rods for repairs - around 5 to 8 mil
- electric bill for 24/7 fishing - FFS Daum
- Money lost by not farming REAL stuff in game because I genuinely believed that DAUM introduced a real catch up mechanic - 100 mil +
- time invested since patch - 112 hours
- time remaining - around 48 hours
- money made from fish trading 1 to 3 mil at most ( niiiiiceeeee )

Fish caught - ZERO, 0, null, nada, zilch

If you introduce a catch up mechanic it should actually have some chance to work, right? Investing 10-20 mil, losing an opportunity to make 100 mil +, I feel scammed by a loser company yet again.

BTW I know I could of given up the first day I saw they were not dropping, but I wanted to know how fcked up Kakao/DAUM really is with their bullcrap lies. Now I know, have fun fishing 0 to 5 of those fishes in 162 hours...

You seem to be confusing 'Event' and 'Catch up mechanic'

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, i afk fished most of the week and got nothing! 

this is rigged i tell you 

Yeah I've never been this lucky ;D

I had to leave to empty my inventory. Lost the hotspot :'(

Posted

since the beginning of the event catched 3 of them so far.

Posted

welp guess this event wasn't for me, going out with zero coelacanth caught albeit fishing the entire week

Posted

Results from 1 week active fishing:

1 Golden Coelacanth

2 Coelacanth

7 Fishing Titles

3 fishing levels

Improved knowledge of offshore fishing grounds

2 worn-out boats

Posted

Hours Spent Fishing: 0
Minutes Spent Fishing: 0

Money from doing my daily stuff normally: boatloads

F*cks given about the event : 0

:ph34r:

2 people like this

Posted

Spent most of the event duration afk-fishing, didn't get a single catch. That's with high master rank, enchanted fishing gear and so on and so forth. Would have fished anyway, so no loss there, just yet another RNG disappointment.

Oh well, maybe better luck on the monster killing event :D

Posted

Went through about 20 thick fishing rods in an abundant area, never got a single golden fish. I did get around 3-4 runs worth of relics though.

Posted

I never got 1 golden coelacanth this entire event. Master fishing 8 and still not even 1. Great event.........

Posted

I managed to catch 2 during the whole event. Due to work I spent almost all that time afk fishing (over 120 hours easy) and only got 2.

RNG is RNG  :(

Posted

got 1 by AFK fishing every night and some breaks during days + active fishing

The next week is "catch up" since we "might" get a 5 mill dagger while killing..

Posted

Is this still on going? I just caught one...