• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PvE farming speed, top or flop?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi guys, i've been looking for some more Information about the kunoichi and her ease of farming.

I've heard anything from "better than ranger" to "average at best". I've also heard that Ninjas are apparently the better farming class, this still true? 

Posted

As with most things, it depends on the player. The ninja/kunoichis are exceptionally great farmers but have a high skill learning curve as they're both very combo oriented classes. Ninja has a bit more AoE whereas Kunoichi is more single target. So really, it's up to you, but they're both above average in the farming department.

Posted (edited)

Kuno and ninja are both good farmers with a wide variety of AoE and can avoid a lot of dmg with well timed iframing 

Edited by Nayriko

Posted

Kuno awakening will be top teir farming from what iv heard

Posted

hope they release it before next wensday..

Posted

Kunoichi is good at farming solo 

But not on the same level as Rangers/WIzards/Witches/Tamers

But ofcourse. As people stated it all depends on your gear and skill

If you have all DUO's with at least PRI accessories and you still struggle to solo then you should probably look for a different game 

Posted

As with most things, it depends on the player. The ninja/kunoichis are exceptionally great farmers but have a high skill learning curve as they're both very combo oriented classes. Ninja has a bit more AoE whereas Kunoichi is more single target. So really, it's up to you, but they're both above average in the farming department.

Have you played the class before? If so, would you rate them on par with Rangers/Tamers or a tier below?

Posted

Kuno awakening will be top teir farming from what iv heard

Currently only speculation as no one knows

Posted (edited)

I ask some ppl on KR (still don't know ninja or kuno) forum and most say "Ninja better for aoe/fast grind... but don't know kunoichi awakening" not exactly that but... ninja better farmer that kuno (still wait for awakening).

Edited by Niebieski

Posted

Right now Ninja > Kuno .. but with the awakenings ... I think it will put them at an even clearing speed. 

Pretty sure the Chakram will be to boost their AOE ability. 

Only time will tell - normally we see awakening videos on the 15th,16th or 17th.. so very soon. 

Posted

But again Kuno > Ninja for easy gameplay and learning expernice (Kuno is MORE fun to play)

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, i've been looking for some more Information about the kunoichi and her ease of farming.

I've heard anything from "better than ranger" to "average at best". I've also heard that Ninjas are apparently the better farming class, this still true? 

Daum EU said the dev was unhappy with the state of ninja and kunoichi, which is why they were delayed release for so long in our versions. Im guessing the devs already tweak ninja and kunos so what people have read or seen in the past for ninja might not be the same anymore.

Edited by Jonathan

Posted

Ranger>Ninja>All classes 

If you get very good with ninja abilites and get a good gear, i'm pretty sure it can be the god tier class in Pve for also his self sustain with the WP

Posted

Ranger>Ninja>All classes 

If you get very good with ninja abilites and get a good gear, i'm pretty sure it can be the god tier class in Pve for also his self sustain with the WP

Is this based on before the tweaking?

Posted

Ranger>Ninja>All classes 

Ninjas as in Ninja/Kunoichi?

Posted

Have you played the class before? If so, would you rate them on par with Rangers/Tamers or a tier below?

I played on KR. If you look in the template thread, I posted a pic of my kuno there.  I'll say that if you are going from 1-55 without any gear what-so-ever, they'd rate on par with ranger up to around 40/45. Some people will struggle because like I said, this is a heavy combo class. You can't just spam one or two abilities and expect to do what tamers/ rangers can do. But imo, as far as farming (minus gear) goes, it'd be tamer>kuno>ranger. However, most people aren't going to be new and will have gear. IMO, they're better farming than both and have about the same level of squishiness. They are better than rangers because they have blocks/counters to a lot of what plagues rangers, even from a distance, and they have incredible mobility/speed that makes them flighty like tamers. With gear, I still put it tamer>kuno> ranger but only because the tamer gets an extra mob pulls from the pet, making them faster at it because they can gather more at once.

Posted

I'll ask this hear instead of a new full thread as it pertains to the viability of grinding/pve for the 2 classes (nin/kuno). Do they have skills that gain WP/HP? For instance I have a Plum, and of course I have Will (WP gain) and Ult: Nem slash (HP gain) that allow me to farm/grind with very little reliance on potions. Do ninja/kuno have any skills that are similar, or do they just spam potions for wp (and hp if needed)?

Posted

I'll ask this hear instead of a new full thread as it pertains to the viability of grinding/pve for the 2 classes (nin/kuno). Do they have skills that gain WP/HP? For instance I have a Plum, and of course I have Will (WP gain) and Ult: Nem slash (HP gain) that allow me to farm/grind with very little reliance on potions. Do ninja/kuno have any skills that are similar, or do they just spam potions for wp (and hp if needed)?

there is a skill that let you gain wp as blader, and with awakening there a skill which stuns the enemy, recovers half of your hp and has a 3 min cooldown

Posted

there is a skill that let you gain wp as blader, and with awakening there a skill which stuns the enemy, recovers half of your hp and has a 3 min cooldown

Thanks for the info :)

I was watching some pvp vids of nin and kuno and realized that I could've just looked at a skill calculator. /facepalm.

Posted (edited)

I played on KR. If you look in the template thread, I posted a pic of my kuno there.  I'll say that if you are going from 1-55 without any gear what-so-ever, they'd rate on par with ranger up to around 40/45. Some people will struggle because like I said, this is a heavy combo class. You can't just spam one or two abilities and expect to do what tamers/ rangers can do. But imo, as far as farming (minus gear) goes, it'd be tamer>kuno>ranger. However, most people aren't going to be new and will have gear. IMO, they're better farming than both and have about the same level of squishiness. They are better than rangers because they have blocks/counters to a lot of what plagues rangers, even from a distance, and they have incredible mobility/speed that makes them flighty like tamers. With gear, I still put it tamer>kuno> ranger but only because the tamer gets an extra mob pulls from the pet, making them faster at it because they can gather more at once.

thanks for your help, yea I'm not a new player and i've got around 180 AP  (ap offhand) in gear lying around for my kuno. 
I just really wanted an answer from a player who's played the class before (even more so if it was recent) and could give an idea on how quick the class actually farms.
I'll most likely main my Wizard for Sieges/Nodes for now, but the class is just dead boring in PvE + I want a character i can stomp people in Valencia with with the Bandits Town.

Question tho, what do you base these rankings on? What is gear in korea in order to farm efficently, 160, 180, 200, 220 AP ? 
In EU/NA the current most farmed players are all pretty much Rangers because it was extremly easy to kill monsters when evrybody was around 120-130ish AP. they got a big leap from that and i was just wondering if Kunos will actually shine in PvE as much as a decked Ranger once they reach the 180 AP mark.
Again, this is purely for efficent pve grind, nothing more nothing less.

Edited by dgk7

Posted

thanks for your help, yea I'm not a new player and i've got around 180 AP  (ap offhand) in gear lying around for my kuno. 
I just really wanted an answer from a player who's played the class before (even more so if it was recent) and could give an idea on how quick the class actually farms.
I'll most likely main my Wizard for Sieges/Nodes for now, but the class is just dead boring in PvE + I want a character i can stomp people in Valencia with with the Bandits Town.

Question tho, what do you base these rankings on? What is gear in korea in order to farm efficently, 160, 180, 200, 220 AP ? 
In EU/NA the current most farmed players are all pretty much Rangers because it was extremly easy to kill monsters when evrybody was around 120-130ish AP. they got a big leap from that and i was just wondering if Kunos will actually shine in PvE as much as a decked Ranger once they reach the 180 AP mark.
Again, this is purely for efficent pve grind, nothing more nothing less.

So I'm basing the rankings around power+efficiency. Tamers get their own mob pull plus their pet pull so they can clear twice as much as a petless class can, along with having an array of cc (that sometimes doesn't go off, but I digress). I've played every class but Warrior and Beserker, and for me, tamer has the best clear of all the classes just because of the larger pulls with decent cc/mobility. Ranger is ok, but I've always found that if I wasn't significantly geared with ranger, it took forever to kill higher level mobs. I mained a ranger on NA and was competitively geared and I still prefer my tamer to the ranger with less gear on the tamer.  In KR, it's easier to gear up and farm since they've had all the expansion and updates, unlike our version and RU, so most people are sitting around 150 AP or higher. I've never really done pvp with kuno so I could tell you on that end. If it's mainly for PvE purposes, I think you'll enjoy the kunoichi class. As with everything, try it and see if you like it. This is going to be a class a lot of people try but few excel at since it's got a high curve to but I like the challenge and enjoy her kit.

Posted

this is a heavy combo class. You can't just spam one or two abilities and expect to do what tamers/ rangers can do.

and that's exactly why I decided I would main kunoichi months ago. I like a lot the combat system and how smooth it is plus the more things i have to do the more fun i get. I know i'll probably meet a lot of frustration because this class is really difficult but i always loved assassins' classes especially when used in large scale PvP. 

Posted

Thats not what makes a good farming class.
What makes a good farm class is clear speed and damage.... I could care less about blocks and running away... thats not getting me exp.  Thats like a lower level witch waiting on cooldowns and dodging around lol.

Top tier is probably not either of these classes when it comes to clearing.  The top class will remain ranger, tamer, zerker.  The reason being is they can 2 skill everything very effectively a Ninja/Kuno cannot they have to setup and combo, and if its not dead they are dodging around waiting on CD's to setup and combo again.

No one said anything about top tier but in KR ninja/ kunos are in top tier for pve farming. Having good counters for basic pve damage is mitigation needed for sustain. It's simple pve, not rocket science. They're a high damage output/ High burst/ low defense assassin class. They farm efficiently because of this.

and that's exactly why I decided I would main kunoichi months ago. I like a lot the combat system and how smooth it is plus the more things i have to do the more fun i get. I know i'll probably meet a lot of frustration because this class is really difficult but i always loved assassins' classes especially when used in large scale PvP. 

They're a lot of fun. One of the few classes that doesn't get repetitive as fast as the others (though all the classes will at some point for everyone). It's challenging but entertaining.

Posted

With Kuno having specific skills toward Kunai, and Nin having specific star skills, but each can use both style offhands, would it be best to have one of each type levled up? Or just stick with the kunai for kuno and star for nin?

Posted

With Kuno having specific skills toward Kunai, and Nin having specific star skills, but each can use both style offhands, would it be best to have one of each type levled up? Or just stick with the kunai for kuno and star for nin?

stick kunai with kuno and star for nin

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0