• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Problems with the Warrior Class - Comprehensive Thread

504 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Message to the Warrior Community

Firstly, I know we've had a lot of threads where we have argued, and discussed everything that we feel that's a problem with the class. I think the main problem is, that over the months, a lot of our grievances have been spread out across the whole forum.

Which is why I'm creating this thread.

I wanted to create an organised and ordered thread, where the Devs can have an easy time to communicate with us and with a click of a button, see all of our problems without having to go through 60 different threads. So, if you guys wouldn't mind, please help me out here. I'll keep this thread updated over the months with the problems with our class, from the general stuff to the more in depth mathematical formulas.

Reported items

The following have already been forwarded to the QA team / PA for further testing, and requesting clarification about them.

1. Critical hits do not seem to be applied for Warrior.
    Unsure whether we need to actually down or air smash for it to be 100%.
  2. Scars Of Dusks Tooltip and Damage was not changed.
  3. Deep Thrusts Tooltip was not changed/updated.
  4. Scars Of Dusk doesn't restore the amount of willpower it did before, as if its glitched to restore for 1 mob and not the other 4 that you're attacking.
  5. Scars Of Dusk is being interrupted by CC effect, same goes for Charge, when it was previously immune.
  6. Scars Of Dusk Frontal Block is not being applied.
  7. Ground Slash Tooltip needs to be updated: still says damage decreases in PvP.
  8. After double takedown on grab the enemy gets up much sooner then they would if you used a single Takedown grab, not sure if this is intended.
  9. Warrior's 100% rage skill can be interrupted very easily by any attack, while other classes' 100% rage skill can only be interrupted by grab. Is this intended?

Gathered suggestions

A complete revamp of the warrior will most likely not be possible before the awakenings are released in our version. If there are some small changes that would help the class a lot, I will be happy to forward them though. Baby steps for now are better than no steps.

Thank you all for the detailed feedback. I have gathered the following suggestions so far:

1. Scar of Dusk:
    1. Increase damage (not only in pvp)
    2. Faster animation
  2. Spinning Slash :
    1. Increase hitbox/range
    2. 10-15% instead of 5% of Max HP
    3. Less chance of getting interrupted
  3. Spinning Slash 100% rage skill: Add Super Armor
  4. Revert "no CC after grapple" from 17th June update for Warriors only
  5. Ground smash:
    1. 20% instead of 10% of Max HP
    2. More stun chance
  6. Counter/Energy counter: Give back float ability (throw players in the air) or make its chances higher (70-80%)
  7. Shield charge: Better chance to stun
  8. Heavy Strike:
    1. Increase HP heal
    2. Increase damage a little
  9. Upper Shield Strike: Increase chance to float
  10. Force Slash: Add frontal block

I would like to hear your thoughts on each of these suggestions specifically, as well as a ranking of what you think is most important.

Note: Some of the skills have multiple suggestions. I want your feedback on these separately, and which of the different ones you think are the best option. It's not intended to have all 3 buff suggestions at once for Spinning Slash for example, but just 1 of the 3.

The above suggestions have now been forwarded. See the below quote for more info.

After discussing with CM_Aethon, he has created a CM report and forwarded it to the PMs. They will look over the report and have it translated before sending it off to PA.

The CMs have made clear that the main priority regarding class skill changes currently is fixing actual bugs with the skills. This means that the items in the "Reported items" list from the first post will be looked at first. The Scars of Dusk's low damage in PvP is a part of this.

As you already know, most of the class balancing done in the game is done so while keeping awakenings in mind, and it will be hard to convince PA to stray from this mindset, as they have ample feedback on the Warrior from the Korean version. But we've done our best to present all of the information well and explain why we think it is necessary to rebalance some features of the Warrior's non-awakening skillset.

That all said, I don't have an ETA for when PA will respond. As soon as I get more feedback, I will post it here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

My opinion (@Riario):

PvE

• Warrior PvE is the slowest grinder in the whole of the game, currently. This is down to the problems that are linked below; 
  • Due to receiving nerfs down to the fact that we are being balanced for our Awakened Weapon, the Greatsword, a lot of our moves in the Sword+Shield tree have low damage.
  • Scars of Dusk has generally low damage, for it's incredibly long animation. It has a frontal block, but the animation lock itself is long and the damage output is incredibly low. It works with down attacks, but that's the only beneficial aspect of the spell.
  • Spinning slash, for one of our main moves does low damage. It has a great feel to using it, but as our biggest and most used DPS skill, it hits nothing compared to any of the other classes in the game. Not to mention, the radius of it is tiny.
  • A lot of our skills, even for PvE are simply and frankly, useless. Details below;

1. Heavy Strike requires 86 points to hit maximum value of giving HP regeneration, yet only gives back 0.1% of HP back per hit. With 8 mobs, that's 0.8%. The main problem is that the animation of the spell puts us at such a disadvantage and open state that we take more damage than we would have healed off in the first place. The skill is useless.
  2. Shield Strike is simply not worth the points in PvE, it's useless to max out for PvP.
  3. Sideways cut, again, it does incredibly low damage. The WP generation is good, but I regenerate better WP with Forward Slash animation cancel and at a quicker state.
  4. Counter is pointless for PvE. Does no damage, for KD it isn't worthwhile since Ground Smash does more damage, is a larger AoE and also KDs.
  5. Moves like Hilt Smash, and Shield Counter only slow us down in PvE clear times. Another useless skill. It's cool, has a good decent idea around it, but useless.
  6. Charging Slash, simply doesn't fit into our theme of how the Warrior plays. We dash with W + F or W + RMB get into a range to pop our moves and use our AoE. Auto running and slashing one target isn't going to help, just slows us down.
  7. Deep Thrust, received a buff in damage. Still hits like a fish, only good thing it has is that it can be canceled as another niche movement skill and the CC it has.
  8. War Cry. Pointless. Makes you look badass, but that's it.
  9. Ground Roar, Only worth putting one point into it for the -10 DP. Apart from that, no other use.
  10. Ground Slash, why does this move even exist? Waste of everything. Low damage, shitty animation, bad in PvP and PvE. Just, no.
  11. Frenzied charge, does no damage. Requires 38 points. Pointless skill.
  12. Ultimate Ground Smash, only good for applying a second KD on mobs that perhaps dodged it before. Damage is poor, requires 44 points and level 55. Disappointing skill.
  13. Jump thrust/Exploding Thrust skill line. I've seen some people use it for some sort of mobility, it works but the damage is low (as usual) and for its uses, is mostly a waste of skill points.
  • Though this is fixed with the Greatsword, we lack a good source of HP regeneration. A lot of our moves can end up opening us to taking damage, yet despite us taking all this risk and being a so called "Tanky" class, we still take the most damage out of every class out there and have to chug HP potions. Let's look at other classes:

1. Zerker, Melee. Tankier than us. Does more damage than us. Has an insanely good self heal with Rising Thunder, their spin.
  2. Valkyrie, Melee, Tankier than us. Does more damage than us. Great burst damage and good self heals.
  3. Ranger. Kills everything from a distance, takes no damage. Kills everything 10x faster.
  4. Wizard/Witch. Ranged. AoEs everything down in mere seconds. Has two self heals and no worry about mana regeneration ever. Can also fight on a horse and has no problems                      
  5. The only classes that I could see having the same problem as us, are Bladers and Plum. Though I'm not incredibly knowledgeable of those classes.

PvP

• Warrior lacks a sense of identity in Node Wars and GvG PvP. We deal very little damage, so we are not a threat. We are less tankier than the other tank classes, Bezerker, Valk and they are more threatening than us with their damage, burst and general CC.
  • In 1v1 PvP, which generally is less important than GvG or Node Wars, our most reliable form of CC is our grab combo. This is however, unreliable due to Desync.
  • A lot of the problems with these spells link up with the problems in the PvE section. All other classes can kill you during a KD because their skills simply do more damage. Yet a Warrior with equal gear, does not do near enough toe same amount of damage. Spinning slash does not do enough damage.
  • Scars of Dusk's damage is also incredibly low, but again like in the PvE section, it has such a long animation time that it's incredibly easy to dodge, and it serves no use whatsoever apart from buffering our skills and hopefully dodging a CC while our other spells come off of Cooldown.
  • We are called a "Tank" class from every other class (for some reason) yet we all know DP scales horribly, and that affects Warriors the most. Our defenses melt in a few hits and we die at the same amount of time equally. On the other hand, we have very little damage to back up the rest. If we are truly the "tank" class of the game, then I would be fine with low damage, but simply put, we aren't. A tank should take a LONG time to kill. They shouldn't die in one simple KD, but we should have the damage we have at this moment to balance that out.
  • To add onto the above comment, the HP scaling on our moves are low modifiers and simply don't make up for anything.

Now, these are problems that I've seen with the class alone, and I'd like people to point out anything that I may have said incorrectly (but keep it civil, I don't want this thread to become some sort of war ground) and also chip in on your ends. Anything you put, I'll add to this post and I'm going to bug the GMs until they can hopefully sticky this to the top for us. I'm not the heaviest PvPer here, so I know others will come up with fantastic points to the rest.

Edited by GM_Dew
33 people like this

Posted

Upper Shield Strike should be a 100% chance to float if the hit connects (hit and not a miss (accuracy wise))

Should help us keep up with ultra cc classes such as zerker and tamer >.<

Posted (edited)

I agree with everything in your thread, except at the beginning.  This isn't the first time the Devs have shown interest.  Jouska did months ago and it amounted to nothing.  This thread should be entirely constructive feedback and not just blatantly insulting Daum/Kakao.  Just wanted to set the record straight on that small point.

Edited by Cado
2 people like this

Posted

I agree with everything in your thread, except at the beginning.  This isn't the first time the Devs have shown interest.  Jouska did months ago and it amounted to nothing.  This thread should be entirely constructive feedback and not just blatantly insulting Daum/Kakao.  Just wanted to set the record straight on that small point.

Thanks, I deleted that part. 

Posted

• A lot of our skills, even for PvE are simply and frankly, useless

Jump Thrust/Exploding Jump Thrust, Frenzied Charge and Ultimate Ground Smash need to be added to that list.  What are these even supposed to do?  

It just seems like the Warriors skills were balanced around Serendia/Calpheon mobs and never updated.  Too many of our moves do almost no damage and offer almost no utility.  Plain and simple, our kit is not balanced for content we have.  The fact that only 2 of our skills have any use when it comes to damage should be proof enough of that.  

Posted

Jump Thrust/Exploding Jump Thrust, Frenzied Charge and Ultimate Ground Smash need to be added to that list.  What are these even supposed to do?  

It just seems like the Warriors skills were balanced around Serendia/Calpheon mobs and never updated.  Too many of our moves do almost no damage and offer almost no utility.  Plain and simple, our kit is not balanced for content we have.  The fact that only 2 of our skills have any use when it comes to damage should be proof enough of that.  

I added that. I had completely forgotten about Frenzied charge because it's such a horrible, horrible skill and pointless.

That's the thing with most other classes, they have around, what, 4/5 skills that are all worth using in a DPS sense. Meanwhile, Scars of Dusk and Spinning Slash are our only ones and do 0 dmg.

Posted

is Ultimate Ground Slam still bugged and does next to no damage? 

Posted

I've played warrior since beta (lvl 57, 170/280), also have lvl 55 sorc and 50+ blader/wiz/valk. 

The damage on every other class I've played is just so much higher. At lvl 50, my valk alt was doing almost 2x the burst in one grab combo with the same gear as my warrior in pvp. 

Not only is warrior damage low, but the amount of effort required to squeeze out any meaningful damage is absurd in comparison to other classes. I don't think most warriors mind the high skillcap required to pull off perfect ani cancels in a desync rich environment, but the effort should equal reward. 

In addition to the suggestions already made, a couple simple mechanic changes that would add some diversity to our playstyle:

Give the starting animation of counter super armor and allow us to cast it mid charging thrust so it could carry some forward momentum.

Allow casting scars of dusk during counter for a sped up scars of dusk slash similar to how casting spinning slash during chopping kick increases speed of spinning slash. The starting animation for scars and counter is identical and would allow us to "mind game" opponents as to what move is coming out. 

Counter would actually be kind of a cool move in this regard because it would become more of a "stance" change where we'd have access to either the long ranged float of force slash, AoE knockdown of spin counter, or straight up damage of scars of dusk.

It also gives warriors another decent option for engaging groups in pvp other than just charge+ ground smash and would fit better with the forward moving playstyle the rest of our kit has.

6 people like this

Posted

Sorry I haven't read all of it. Here's my sum-up:

- Crit should apply on Ground Smash ANY time during downed state. Doesn't matter when you time it. Right now, often I see the "Down" message when I use Ground Smash immidiately after a knockdown but the crit isn't applied.

- Spinning Slash with desync sometimes makes me miss the target completely. As I said, bigger hitbox of Spinning Slash would help.

- I don't understand why Valkyries can sacrifice stamina for WP but us warriors have to sacrifice HP for WP

- Block is as good on warrior/valkyrie (who have a shield that's meant for blocking) as it is on Kunoichi/Maehwa/Musa right now. Doesn't make a lot of sense but I'm OK with it if we would do better damage in return.

Will add more later if I forgot something

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks guys, I've added your suggestions up there too.

Just a heads up, GM_Dew is keeping his eye on the thread, he's even pinned it for us. So let's keep this coming and hopefully something will be done.

4 people like this

Posted

A simple buff to ground roar making the higher levels of the skill give a larger -DP debuff in addition to the range wouuld be nice, say 10>15>20>25 -DP max

I think that would help our PVE some and not really affect PVP

1 person likes this

Posted

great stuff Riario, here's hoping we can get something done... 

we got two warriors left, other 2 re-rolled and one quit. I am holding on by a thread. yeah, sure Great sword will come eventually, but why did we have to (and still do) suffer through months of being subpar? this latest gear change just made it all pop all that much since TRI Kzarka or even Liverto wielding ranger will eat our block for breakfast and ask for seconds. And that's with a high DP as well. #WARRIORLIVESMATTER

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

As stated multiple times from others as well as myself, it's safe to assume it would really help Warrior's current state if the "no CC after grapple" nerf from 6/17/16 patch would be removed against warrior (as this was one of our most used and reliable skills in a good combo), in addition to actually implementing the "Scars of Dusk damage has been increased against players" change from 6/17/16 patch, which was not actually applied and ignored. I think these two changes are the first step in helping fix Warrior's pre-awakening state. Also, thank you for putting together this thread, @Riario

Edited by Jaluvshuskies

Posted

This thread gives me a dejavu, was not there something like this already? If not more than once before.

Anyway, if you wanna fix at least one bit the gameplay for Warrior. Then they should just add Super Armor on Spinning Slash, that would also fix the 100% easy interrupt.

The biggest problem of mine after desync was always the finishing off, getting interrupted even by a fart from a butterfly is annoying. Other than that increasing the hitbox of Spinning Slash sounds great, i know that feel when you waste a spin and an ulti spin into the air basically.

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks for the replies guys and @@Oneuproad , if it doesn't work once, try again. And again. And again until somethings gives. 

Posted (edited)

Can we get clarification on why warrior is the only class that has to rely on other classes for DPS? Of course it's frustrating when our problems haven't been fixed and seemingly have been ignored by PA, even if you have reported them. We are, by far, the weakest class, yet sorc got buffed back to OP tier before we were even looked at. I think the frustration is justified.

Warrior and Berserker a few patches ago were literally grabbing meat shields for the good classes that can actually deal damage. Berserker got buffed and now they're tanky, can grab AND can deal damage. Meanwhile us warrior just grab, hope a teammate follows up and hope we aren't grabbed by a tamer valk or giant. 

We are only class who can't function well alone, does this sound balanced to you?

If you want to do a small revamp of warrior that might actually make them competitive and not a meatshield that is irrelevant, try boosting spinning slash damage. Give us the SoD buff we were told we got.

Again to compare, valk can blow people up with that white spear thing, zerk can blow people up with 3 chained grabs and that stomp spin thing.

Warrior? Tickle them with spinning slash and hope they don't laugh at your damage.

Add to your list that spinning slash, our only DPS, doesn't even deal damage on par with the other 'tanks', yet we have nothing to make up for the lack of damage. So buff spinning slash.

^Copy and pasted my reply from the other thread.

Key points:

• We don't function well alone.
  • Our main (only) DPS tool, Spinning Slash, deals questionable damage when compared to ANY other class, including tanks (Valk/Zerk).
  • Scars of Dusk deals negligible damage. Hardly even worth to cast it in PvP besides the DP buff.
  • We are the only class that cannot deal significant damage to a CC'd opponent; the other classes can generally deal 30% or more to an equally geared opponent.

Possible other points, arguably less significant:

• No sustain. No WP regeneration outside using Scars of Dusk or Meditation.
  • Meditation kills us slowly.
Edited by Criticals

Posted

Can we get clarification on why warrior is the only class that has to rely on other classes for DPS? Of course it's frustrating when our problems haven't been fixed and seemingly have been ignored by PA, even if you have reported them. We are, by far, the weakest class, yet sorc got buffed back to OP tier before we were even looked at. I think the frustration is justified.

Warrior and Berserker a few patches ago were literally grabbing meat shields for the good classes that can actually deal damage. Berserker got buffed and now they're tanky, can grab AND can deal damage. Meanwhile us warrior just grab, hope a teammate follows up and hope we aren't grabbed by a tamer valk or giant. 

We are only class who can't function well alone, does this sound balanced to you?

If you want to do a small revamp of warrior that might actually make them competitive and not a meatshield that is irrelevant, try boosting spinning slash damage. Give us the SoD buff we were told we got.

Again to compare, valk can blow people up with that white spear thing, zerk can blow people up with 3 chained grabs and that stomp spin thing.

Warrior? Tickle them with spinning slash and hope they don't laugh at your damage.

Add to your list that spinning slash, our only DPS, doesn't even deal damage on par with the other 'tanks', yet we have nothing to make up for the lack of damage. So buff spinning slash.

^Copy and pasted my reply from the other thread.

Key points:

• We don't function well alone.
  • Our main (only) DPS tool, Spinning Slash, deals questionable damage when compared to ANY other class, including tanks (Valk/Zerk).
  • Scars of Dusk deals negligible damage. Hardly even worth to cast it in PvP besides the DP buff.
  • We are the only class that cannot deal significant damage to a CC'd opponent; the other classes can generally deal 30% or more to an equally geared opponent.

Possible other points, arguably less significant:

• No sustain. No WP regeneration outside using Scars of Dusk or Meditation.
  • Meditation kills us slowly.

@GM_Dew 

I too would actually like to know this too. Could you relay this over to the Devs and just ask them why we are in this current state? I mean, if there's a reason it'd be easier to stomach if we hear what the problem is.

Posted

Thank you all for the detailed feedback. I have gathered the following suggestions so far:

1. Scar of Dusk:
    2. Faster animation
  2. Spinning slash :
    1. Increase hitbox/range
    2. Less chance of getting interrupted / perhaps add Super Armor
    3. 10-15% instead of 5% of Max HP
  3. Revert "no CC after grapple" from 17th June update for Warriors only
  4. Force Slash: Add frontal block
  5. Ground smash:
    2. Better damage
    3. More stun chance
  6. Counter/Energy counter: Give back float ability (throw players in the air)
  8. Heavy Strike: Increase HP heal
  9. Upper Shield Strike: 100% chance to float

I would like to hear your thoughts on each of these suggestions specifically, as well as a ranking of what you think is most important.

Note: Some of the skills have multiple suggestions. I want your feedback on these separately, and which of the different ones you think are the best option. It's not intended to have all 3 buff suggestions at once for Spinning Slash for example, but just 1 of the 3.

I have not yet forwarded any of these suggestions. I am first trying to gather as much feedback as possible on it.

@Riario: If you don't mind, I will be editing your first post slightly and adding the above to it as well. You don't need to keep adding quotes to the first post as I'll be reading all posts in this topic anyway.

Best regards,
GM Dew

18 people like this

Posted

1. Counter/Energy counter: Give back float ability (throw players in the air)

This actually works. 

Posted

thank you so much for putting your time in, @GM_Dew.

as far as spinning slash, ulti is also a big issue, as it can literally be interrupted by a player looking at you funny. it hurts when you lose 100% for literally zero gain. so that's a big one, but I guess super armor on the skill itself would sort that issue out. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1. Spinning slash :
    1. Increase hitbox/range

2 - I feel like this would be too strong. The super armour should be added to the 100% cast animation (100% rage consumption Spinning Slash, rather than the normal cast of the skill (without 100% rage).

3 - I'm not sure this would give us the damage we need. Valks get 651% * 4 and 976.5% * 2 on the final hit (Sword of Justice) whereas we only get 470% * 3 on Spinning Slash. Baby steps though.

Edited by Criticals
Added comment for 3

Posted

-snip-

Unfortunately, I can't really comment on that. Class balance is -so far- been decided mostly by the developers at Pearl Abyss. I could request clarification on this, but I rather spend that time communicating about possible fixes.

Forwarding suggestions is actually not my role, as I'm only assigned to Ticket support and Bug Reports at the moment. But I want to make an exception for warrior as it's tied to some bug reports, and I also personally want things to improve for you guys.

Best regards,
GM Dew

14 people like this

Posted

I feel like this would be too strong. The super armour should be added to the 100% cast animation (100% rage consumption Spinning Slash, rather than the normal cast of the skill (without 100% rage).

This. Well, sorc have block on DF afaik, maybe simple block on SS would help, instead of superarmor. Basically, we can do 2-4 SS cancels while enemy is KDed. 

We dont use SS without having our enemy laying on the ground first anyway.

Posted (edited)

This. Well, sorc have block on DF afaik, maybe simple block on SS would help, instead of superarmor. Basically, we can do 2-4 SS cancels while enemy is KDed. 

We dont use SS without having our enemy laying on the ground first anyway.

I feel like a weak block, possibly on par with the DF block, would be more appropriate, if anything. But even so, I don't think it's needed outside of the 100% animation.

Edited by Criticals
1 person likes this

Posted

1. Scar of Dusk:
    2. Faster animation
  2. Spinning slash :
    1. Increase hitbox/range
  3. Revert "no CC after grapple" from 17th June update for Warriors only
  4. Force Slash: Add frontal block
  5. Ground smash:
    2. Better damage
    3. More stun chance
  6. Counter/Energy counter: Give back float ability (throw players in the air)
  8. Heavy Strike: Increase HP heal
  9. Upper Shield Strike: 100% chance to float

I have not yet forwarded any of these suggestions. I am first trying to gather as much feedback as possible on it.

@Riario: If you don't mind, I will be editing your first post slightly and adding the above to it as well. You don't need to keep adding quotes to the first post as I'll be reading all posts in this topic anyway.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Feel free to do that, that's fine. And no problem, I'll stop editing it now, it was getting some what long.

My opinion on the above would probably be:

1 - Scars, Most definitely #1. Needs more damage. I wouldn't mind a knockdown effect on it, but that may prove to be too strong for PvP (but that would counter the slow animation)

2 - Spinning Slash,  #3 first, and then #2 and then #1. As much as I think the hitbox is too low, I think the more important thing is that it scales better and actually lets us kill something when we can use it. And then to stop the interruption as a second, because though the Ultimate may whiff sometimes and you can miss, I've had more problems with it getting interrupted randomly more often than not. 

3 - This is good, but parts of me feel like that it MAY be too much if our damage was increased by a LOT. I'll put it this way, if we are able to get someone into a grab > KD and kill them with our Spinning Slash quickly because it does a lot more damage, then we shouldn't need this change. However, if we require a long combo to kill someone due to lower damage, then this change should most definitely be reverted.

4 - This would most certainly be nice, but shouldn't be needed if the above change is brought back.

5 - #1 and #2 work better. I would prefer that if there was better scaling. I don't mind Warriors being gear dependent, but we should be forces to reckon with, along with all the other classes. 

6 - I would not mind this at all, mainly because it would increase our combo (though some people are saying this happens anyway, so I'm not sure)

7 - If I charge someone, and successfully hit them, it should stun (excluding their resistances)

8 - A buff to the heal would be fantastic, but it needs to be buffed to the point that when we use it, we don't lose more hp due to being stuck in the animation. Maybe the animation may need to be sped up and the heal only slightly buffed.

9 - I'm all for things that gives us more utility overall.

I think the important thing that we have to remember, is that we want changes that will help us over until Greatsword comes out. I, personally, would expect some of these changes to roll back once Greatsword comes out. So I don't want to be over leaden to the point where Warrior becomes the new Sorc/Ranger come Greatsword due to any changes. 

We simply want to become relevant and competitive until Awakenings. Nothing more and nothing less. Thanks for your time, mate.

5 people like this