• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Will you play a year from now?

Will you play BDO a year from now?   261 votes

1. 1. Will you play BDO a year from now?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

87 posts in this topic

Posted

I hope to be playing then...pretty sure my failstack will be +eleventythousand...I hope to get my chest piece to +8   ^.^

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Your poll should have also a "maybe" option. Anyway most likely I won't play but I can't be sure. Only game I played for a long period was Lineage 2 (5 years +). Eversince every game I touched had length from 2 weeks to 3 months. BDO seems is a bit better for now but well since I find myself visiting more and more mmorpg.com lately, I know that this is not "the game" either.

Edited by Aercev
spelling

Posted

After having seen all the future content and announcements of things they're going to implement, the game only gets better from here on.,
Been trying to find a MMORPG where i can actually spend a huge amount of time on, its not for everybody and loads of people will probably quit, but it's exactly what i want from an MMORPG. Plus, future content looks amazing. :) Now if only we could get all these nice things (night vendor etc.)

2 people like this

Posted

Already been playing for well over a year. Don't see any reason why I wouldn't play another.

Despite what this community might have you believe, this is a great game that continues to get better and better. People just need to be more patient.

1 person likes this

Posted

4b59915ecce0dee4bfa3f60680308695e4491ea4

Posted

If future content development continues like it is now, I will definitely play this game for years.
It's just one of the best MMORPGs I have played in years.

Oh, and also..

After having seen all the future content and announcements of things they're going to implement, the game only gets better from here on.,
Been trying to find a MMORPG where i can actually spend a huge amount of time on, its not for everybody and loads of people will probably quit, but it's exactly what i want from an MMORPG. Plus, future content looks amazing. :) Now if only we could get all these nice things (night vendor etc.)

HI SCHNUCKI!

Posted

If PA and Daum stop lying and show some signs of competence, maybe. I don't think BDO is a game that can be enjoyed as much with a smaller playerbase and I can't predict what we're going to be served in the upcoming months. We're always hypothetically one patch away from a heavy shift to p2w and massive population drop, I have little to no trust in either of the companies running the game ;) I might switch from pvp centered style to some solo pve completionist type gameplay too if I get bored at some point :)

There are interesting titles coming in the next year though and I'll definitely check them out, even if they turn out to be shallow, boring and repetitive.

1 person likes this

Posted

community (this forum) will most likely kill the game by then so no, most likely i wont be playing this a year from now.

Posted

I really enjoy the game, I am hoping they fix a couple things to make OwPVP a little better, or at least fix it so you can War Dec on any guild you want, this not being able to war dec is kinda the last kick in the pants for PvP'ers. The only other game i am interested in is "Revelation Online", looks really good, it may pull me away from BDO, only time will tell.

Yeah it is so horrible that you can't war dec on peaceful lifeskill guilds. Must really cause some serious shrinkage.

Posted

Yeah it is so horrible that you can't war dec on peaceful lifeskill guilds. Must really cause some serious shrinkage.

Why are you trying to wardec on lifeskill guilds? That seems kinda dumb. Then again you jump to conclusions without understanding, also kinda dumb. Do you know how wardec resets work with Node wars? I am patiently waiting for your answer.

Posted

Why are you trying to wardec on lifeskill guilds? That seems kinda dumb. Then again you jump to conclusions without understanding, also kinda dumb. Do you know how wardec resets work with Node wars? I am patiently waiting for your answer.

You are complaining about how not being able to war dec "any guild you want" is ruining your pvp life. Don't try to paint me with that brush.

The whole reason you can't dec on guilds that haven't declared a war or participated in node gvg is specifically so non pvp guilds (which are usually life skillers) can't be harrassed.

If you were talking about something else, other than exactly what you said when you wrote "...or at least fix it so you can War Dec on any guild you want, this not being able to war dec is kinda the last kick in the pants for PvP'ers." Then maybe you should have said exactly what you meant.

Posted

Didn't say anything about it ruining my life, and no, you clearly don't understand how node war resets have worked over past few weeks. Once you do, you would understand. My guild won't war dec on a weak ass guild that isn't fun to fight agianst, but glad you jump to conclusions. Go troll some one else with your BS.

Posted

If future content development continues like it is now, I will definitely play this game for years.
It's just one of the best MMORPGs I have played in years.

Oh, and also..

HI SCHNUCKI!

hi babe

Posted

Yep I will definitely be playing for another year. Since I'm mostly just a life skiller, horse trainer, carebear the recent changes Daum/PA keep making that are considered negative to the PvP community don't really affect me. The beauty of this game is that if I need a 'break' I can simply put the game into the tray while auto-looping some horses and go play another game. I like the fact that I can still accomplish something while not actively playing the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

I voted No.  I've only got 2 +15 items and just bought a Liverto so I know there is a lot of grinding, RNG and upgrading ahead of me before I consider myself 'complete'.  However, I know there is only so much RNG and grinding that I can face and I suspect that the demand for me to do it will dwindle as more of my equipment becomes +15.  I'm not into the whole +20 idea so I doubt I'll be moving much further than that with gear.

In terms of life-skills, there are a few that I'd like to try but I don't think they'll keep me playing for much longer after my equipment is done.  Personally, I'd want to build my own house by getting the stone, chopping the wood, crafting the items inside and spend maybe 3-6 months working on it.  As it stands, I can buy one in no time and I feel like I've nothing invested in it.  It's the same with boats, I'd like to actually make them rather than just pull all the items together and get my workers to do it.

I do enjoy the open world of BDO, but I think they're only half-way there. It feels like an open-world but still on tracks for the various things you want to do.  I didn't realise it but I do miss the old gear grind of other MMOs and the high-end dungeons and games, it gives me something to aim for other than just grinding for an RNG so I can then grind and save up for another RNG.

I know they're both the same thing really, but the end-game dungeon and raids just keeps me interested more than what BDO offers at the moment.

TLDR: No, am almost 55, will work on +15 for all gear, then I'll consider my character 'finished'.  No appetite for +20 grind, nor to work tirelessly on lifeskills for little to no gain.

Posted

Unless they completely change their approach to class balance, hell no.

Posted

BDO is honestly the first game with a challenge to it for me since EverQuest and EverQuest 2 which I played for 16 years and 10 years respectively.  I can definitely see myself playing for many years, nothing else good on the horizon for me at the moment so I'm definitely here to stay hehe.  Tired of jumping from game to game every 3-6 months personally. 

Posted

Unless they completely change their approach to class balance, hell no.

I am hoping that awakenings will actually bring that balance that korean players say they have there.

This being balanced for stuff not in the game is bollocks.

Posted (edited)

I might still play, since i'am progressing sorry, i meant, gambling with the gear grind rng slowly.

But unless they CLEARLY do something about balance and sh#t for pvp, i would certainly still only play that game as pver.

And unless they correctly rework their cash shop pricing - family bound more item, i doubt i will gave them more money tho, or maybe in some month, just to support the game itself.

Edited by woots

Posted

BDO is honestly the first game with a challenge to it for me since EverQuest and EverQuest 2 which I played for 16 years and 10 years respectively.  I can definitely see myself playing for many years, nothing else good on the horizon for me at the moment so I'm definitely here to stay hehe.  Tired of jumping from game to game every 3-6 months personally. 

I am right there with ya. The only MMO I played consistently for years was WoW. I've done the MMO hop so many times from SWTOR, Rift, FFXIV, ESO, GW2 etc. Sometimes I lasted on those games for a few weeks, other times a few months, or in the case of Rift, 5 days. Each time I MMO hop means I'm that much further behind on the MMO I choose to play. When it comes to BDO I want to be able to say a few years down the road that I've been here since CBT2. A few years later barely anyone will understand what it means to be a Serendia channel survivor lol.

Posted (edited)

I'm not even sure that I'm still playing next week since all of my friends left already. And I'm losing fun too since they implement mechanics which were meant for the korean "f2p" (p2w) system. -.-

EDIT: WTF? Even the forum is a joke. Why is this image in my post? I've never added it and I can't delete it. LOL

bdoahbot.PNG

Edited by Camouflage

Posted

Even if the game doesn't have a massive population, as long as I am on a server with 3-4 big guilds and the rest is smaller guilds who occasionally get into skirmishes, im fine with that.

I love the combat in the game, its fluid and entertaining. I dont care if skills dont work 100%, as long as I can kill some mobs and relax after work then i'm good. I dont need perfection.

Some days I just login to chill out, raise my horse. Go ride around and see what mountains I can get to the top of. Run some quests, maybe take my boat out. Still have my house to put time into. Then comes the Elf Land and Snow Area.

Definitely a lot to do and with no rush because I'm not paying a fee every month.

Posted

I think that this isn't a straight yes or no question you can really ask of people for an MMO game that is still within its first year of content.  As it is not a subscription based account, I can probably say yes, I would probably continue playing.  There is still plenty of content coming up, we're not caught up with other clients.  They have more plans for future content and they seemed to be getting them quite quickly as well.  But of course once I've caught up, done all the content I wanted, gotten bored or found something new to play.  I will move on.  When they update content I'll come back if it looks interesting.  Just like my other favorite game Vindictus (Which I will be playing while waiting for Kunoichi).  There is nothing wrong with having to leave the game and play something else.  Which is why I don't understand why people complain and go "Dead Gaaammmee", delete their accounts and make a huge stink in the forums trying to get others to quit too.  You've consumed your content, move on.. come back later if you feel like it.  Just because you have stopped playing for whatever reason, doesn't mean that other's aren't enjoying themselves.

So short answer "yes", otherwise "yes, if the game is still fun for me".  Which it currently is.

Posted

The nature of an MMO this game might be completely different a year from now so hard to say. But if most of the changes are improvements and not game breaking I plan to keep playing. 

Posted

I am hoping that awakenings will actually bring that balance that korean players say they have there.

This being balanced for stuff not in the game is bollocks.

Trust me awakenings will not be a "fix all" by any stretch of imagination. Perhaps more classes have a chance to fight back against the top tier but from what I've seen it's a uniquely frustrating experience. First CC = Win seems to be the current meta.

Problem is although the combat system is pretty good it's just not suited for PvP. Every class feels like what you would call a gimmick in any other game. There's no spec variation, no combat variation, you meet a class and you know exactly what they're gonna do and what order they will do it in. Add to that they seem fairly happy with having some classes be objectively better, you end up with just a boring, frustrating and pointless PvP game (which BDO is not anyway).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0