• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ya'll just need to start an equalized 1v1 arena guild.

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Most warriors on my Uno server are really just kinda sh-t. Which most often leads to sh-t fest on forums with people not knowing sh-t saying sh-t. I see this disproportionately so among the most geared players in the server who really don't know how to play but honestly think they really know. I was able to beat multiple 57's as a 54 with 90/190 build in 1v1 matches with them using bullshit like "elixir" of thorns to counter me, then they threatened to report me for "hacking" #BDONAlogic.

My point is, gear gets in the way of seeing who is more skilled, you guys should definitely look into starting a passionate 1v1 equalized community where we set up a specific set of gear for each class that will balance out the classes individually like they do in korea with 1v1 guilds. The only thing i'm really interested in this game is just the 1v1 aspect and it seems to have a lot of potential for something truly competitive.

By setting up the first "community" or guild for 1v1 we can finally dive deeper into every class' mechanics rather than having people sh-t thru their mouth on the forums thinking they know what they're talking about when they really don't know crap :/.

Posted

I was able to beat multiple 57's as a 54 with 90/190 build in 1v1 matches

You never miss a chance to bring this up, do you?  

4tds_main.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

4tds_main.gif

bruh. if i f--ked megan fox, scarlett johansson, angelina jolie, and jessica alba all on the same day. Why the hell would i not tell u? 

1 person likes this

Posted

Brilliant parallel examples. :|

Posted (edited)

Most warriors on my Uno server are really just kinda sh-t. Which most often leads to sh-t fest on forums with people not knowing sh-t saying sh-t. I see this disproportionately so among the most geared players in the server who really don't know how to play but honestly think they really know. I was able to beat multiple 57's as a 54 with 90/190 build in 1v1 matches with them using bullshit like "elixir" of thorns to counter me, then they threatened to report me for "hacking" #BDONAlogic.

My point is, gear gets in the way of seeing who is more skilled, you guys should definitely look into starting a passionate 1v1 equalized community where we set up a specific set of gear for each class that will balance out the classes individually like they do in korea with 1v1 guilds. The only thing i'm really interested in this game is just the 1v1 aspect and it seems to have a lot of potential for something truly competitive.

By setting up the first "community" or guild for 1v1 we can finally dive deeper into every class' mechanics rather than having people sh-t thru their mouth on the forums thinking they know what they're talking about when they really don't know crap :/.

Wait i dont understand your point. Please enlighten me. Are you suggesting you want to balance classes based on 1vs1? or just determine gear level for 1vs1 tournaments ?

Edited by Buxna

Posted

Or do you think you can really beat them when they can already outpot you? lol.

This game is too one dimensional.  There is really only 1 way to build your gears; boss armor... and 1 way to combo; because all the other skills are either flatout useless or too low damage especially with all the cc nerfs.

Posted

theres also the fact that 1v1s in arena hardly make a difference in the big picture. you could arguably find a group of 5 people who are AMAZING in 1v1 no pot arena fights, but put them up against a group of 5 experienced players in group combat, chances are those arena nuts are gonna get smashed. experience in XvX and team play is far more important than being able to kill somebody 1v1 without pots.

unless some kind of official or even semi official tournament gets held with valuable rewards is implimented nobody gives a ----- about how op op op you are in a 1v1 arena right. sorry lol.

Posted

bruh. if i f--ked megan fox, scarlett johansson, angelina jolie, and jessica alba all on the same day. Why the hell would i not tell u? 

If you do so, feel free to remind us of it every single day...

Of.. And get some pics... Especially from Jessica...

1 person likes this

Posted

What I really don't get is why you would come for an equalized combat to MMORPG. 'Cause, you know. MMORPGs are supposed to be about character progression. There are plenty of other genres that don't rely on any level/gear mechanics at all, so your ability to click buttons is valued there that much more. MMORPG skill is not just about that though. It's also about your ability to lead your guild into battle, or contribute to that battle if you're not the leading member. It's about mass pvp tactics and strategies. Hell, MMORPG "skill" also involves your ability to make good calls about what to do with your time ingame, so you can keep up to gear/level race in order to stay competetive in mass pvp that actually matters. If I wanted to play action-based MMO with no-pot arena fights - I'd play BNS. BDO is not about that though. I'm much more interested in all of the siege drama that's going on, and much more interested with the state of the warrior in mass PvP and potion fights, since those two play a huge role in this game, unlike arena fights that are only good for practice. 

1 person likes this

Posted

What I really don't get is why you would come for an equalized combat to MMORPG. 'Cause, you know. MMORPGs are supposed to be about character progression. There are plenty of other genres that don't rely on any level/gear mechanics at all, so your ability to click buttons is valued there that much more. MMORPG skill is not just about that though. It's also about your ability to lead your guild into battle, or contribute to that battle if you're not the leading member. It's about mass pvp tactics and strategies. Hell, MMORPG "skill" also involves your ability to make good calls about what to do with your time ingame, so you can keep up to gear/level race in order to stay competetive in mass pvp that actually matters. If I wanted to play action-based MMO with no-pot arena fights - I'd play BNS. BDO is not about that though. I'm much more interested in all of the siege drama that's going on, and much more interested with the state of the warrior in mass PvP and potion fights, since those two play a huge role in this game, unlike arena fights that are only good for practice. 

because I played Dragon nest. that's the 1 mmo that 1v1 equalized was a humongous part of the game. It might as well been a fighting game in itself. I'm still in search of a competitive 1v1 game where you could create your own character etc. I got this game cuz 1) it had good character creation 2) had a good combat system. thats it.

Posted

because I played Dragon nest. that's the 1 mmo that 1v1 equalized was a humongous part of the game. It might as well been a fighting game in itself. I'm still in search of a competitive 1v1 game where you could create your own character etc. I got this game cuz 1) it had good character creation 2) had a good combat system. thats it.

then like he said go play bns, being able to beat higher leveled more geared people in a 1v1 with no pots is all fine and dandy, but it has absolutely no bearing on the big picture in this game.

Posted

then like he said go play bns, being able to beat higher leveled more geared people in a 1v1 with no pots is all fine and dandy, but it has absolutely no bearing on the big picture in this game.

bns combat is boring as hell. I already reached 1920 on 2 characters in the game without max leveling. the game lacks creativity and boils down to "use this skill to counter this skill then use this skill to combo" which basically force feeds you the whole process without any space for player creativity as to how to play. I like the fact that black desert doesnt show u anything and lets u figure out how to animaiotn cancel and combo skills for maximum output.

Posted (edited)

bns combat is boring as hell. I already reached 1920 on 2 characters in the game without max leveling. the game lacks creativity and boils down to "use this skill to counter this skill then use this skill to combo" which basically force feeds you the whole process without any space for player creativity as to how to play. I like the fact that black desert doesnt show u anything and lets u figure out how to animaiotn cancel and combo skills for maximum output.

ok , i just dont see how bragging on the forums about doing all sorts of meaningless shit , with zero proof of even doing said meaningless shit is important. sadly in bdo 1v1s mean jack shit , again atleast untill  if and when they impliment some kind of organized rewarding 1v1 content. like a tournament type thing.

cause currently the only meaningful pvp is group oriented.

Edited by Burhead

Posted

You guys should not argue with Xaqq about this, i already tried. This guy really wants and only does 1v1, He only wants some fair, structured 1v1 stuff. It will probably never in the hell happen, but one can dream. He is the same as me at this, just repeating himself till eternity, but there are always some walls/persons.

Posted

ok , i just dont see how bragging on the forums about doing all sorts of meaningless shit , with zero proof of even doing said meaningless shit is important. sadly in bdo 1v1s mean jack shit , again atleast untill  if and when they impliment some kind of organized rewarding 1v1 content. like a tournament type thing.

cause currently the only meaningful pvp is group oriented.

never said i didnt do well in group. 1v1 just takes teh most skill compared to pot spamming and occasionaly relying on your team to do things for u. This is the reason why Star craft takes more skill than League. 

starcraft-ii-vs-league-of-legends_o_9470

Posted

never said i didnt do well in group. 1v1 just takes teh most skill compared to pot spamming and occasionaly relying on your team to do things for u. This is the reason why Star craft takes more skill than League. 
starcraft-ii-vs-league-of-legends_o_9470

except some champions in league requires a insane amount of technical skill. point is nobody gives a flying ----- about 1v1s

Posted

"never said i didnt do well in group. 1v1 just takes teh most skill compared to pot spamming and occasionaly relying on your team to do things for u. This is the reason why Star craft takes more skill than League."

Did you ever play DAOC before it started to slide ? Realm vs Realm. Every class mattered and you had to learn to play your class in a group setting, 1vs 1 didn't mean squat, still doesn't in a good pvp game.   

Posted

"never said i didnt do well in group. 1v1 just takes teh most skill compared to pot spamming and occasionaly relying on your team to do things for u. This is the reason why Star craft takes more skill than League."

Did you ever play DAOC before it started to slide ? Realm vs Realm. Every class mattered and you had to learn to play your class in a group setting, 1vs 1 didn't mean squat, still doesn't in a good pvp game.   

There is absolutely no argument in any gaming community including league about which game has the highest skill cap of them all. Star craft is literally king of e-sports in terms of difficulty and how far u can go simply because it's a 1 player pvp game with inhumanly level multitasking you have to perform as 1 single person and not as a team. Don't even try to argue about this.

Posted

There is absolutely no argument in any gaming community including league about which game has the highest skill cap of them all. Star craft is literally king of e-sports in terms of difficulty and how far u can go simply because it's a 1 player pvp game with inhumanly level multitasking you have to perform as 1 single person and not as a team. Don't even try to argue about this.

I wouldn't attempt to, watched a few S.C vids, unreal. But this is not a single player game nor is it anywhere near the level of a Star Craft. This is a mmo, they are community, team games, hence your individual skill is not as important as what you bring for the team. So your 1vs1 argument while true for star craft type games doesn't hold as much weight in this type setting. 

Posted

As fun as 1v1's are, nothing in the game is balanced, nor matters when it comes to 1v1. Your individual skill level is definitely shown, but it doesn't add anything except bragging points, which in itself does not add much.

To bring in League and Starcraft, is a null point. SC is the higher skill capped game (though I would argue it's still an incorrect comparison, both games require completely different skill sets while sharing only a few similarities, being proficient on one will not mean being proficient on another) it has nothing to do with MMOs which are mainly gear based first, then skill based. It would be fun to set up a small community based on the 1v1 aspect, and perhaps I will look into it myself, see if I can set up tournaments on Croxus. But that will be difficult, because of the balances between classes and the different power spikes between classes at different gear levels.

Posted

As fun as 1v1's are, nothing in the game is balanced, nor matters when it comes to 1v1. Your individual skill level is definitely shown, but it doesn't add anything except bragging points, which in itself does not add much.

To bring in League and Starcraft, is a null point. SC is the higher skill capped game (though I would argue it's still an incorrect comparison, both games require completely different skill sets while sharing only a few similarities, being proficient on one will not mean being proficient on another) it has nothing to do with MMOs which are mainly gear based first, then skill based. It would be fun to set up a small community based on the 1v1 aspect, and perhaps I will look into it myself, see if I can set up tournaments on Croxus. But that will be difficult, because of the balances between classes and the different power spikes between classes at different gear levels.

all i care about^.

good points tho.

Posted

4tds_main.gif

Bwhauahahahhaha...Love it.  I was thinking the same thing.

While it could be fun for about 30 seconds, it would get boring very fast.  Who wants to be equal?.  1 vs 1's would be great if they added a hero system -- but even then it'd be all about gear\lvls\skill.  Kaka-Daum wants to create a time\money sink on all fronts.  This game is about coveting, and pushing for higher lvls of gear.  Wars are about strength in numbers.  1 vs 1's have very little to do with this game's dynamics. 

Isn't it more rewarding to get your gear decent and beat somebody that outgears you?  That's a better way to stroke the e-peen imo.  And, if you already did that, why neutralize everything?

Join the rest of the club and roll with the punches.  You win some and you lose some.  If you can't, go play street fighter?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0