• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Guild leaders need a Vice leader

A vice leader position   258 votes

1. 1. Do you believe that it would be a good idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • Possibly

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Basically we're in a situation where, anyone whose been a guild leader has experienced it. 

Your guild needs you to use command to gather for a war - BUT guess what? You dc'd due to the servers. 

Now your guilds suffering.

The amount of stuff limited to guild leaders is heinous, especially when if we can't be there 24/7. It's a panic inducing thought when a majority of guild related stuff needs the leader to be there to do everything.

What I'm asking? 

A Vice-Leader position, Roles being control over officers/members able to use guild skills and buffs - but can not remove the leader. If the leader goes inactive for 14+ days then leadership could be passed to a Vice leader with the highest activity points. 

Limit of two vice leaders per guild. 

Vice leaders can't influence their contracts or guild leaders contract. 

Vice leaders can't change guild name or emblem. 

Vice leaders can use guild skills - but can NOT use guild points to buy skills. 

Vice leaders can access node managers to accept payment. 

It's not a bad idea, It's something personally I know many guilds would enjoy having as an option. I don't believe it would be hard to program as well, as you're simply adding a new role to influence the guild structure. 

Officers cant' renew other officer contracts, We can't do enough to help the leader. When the leader is offline because he/she is sick or due to irl issues - we're left sitting ducks due to that. 

Real life happens, our leader(s) might need to take a break for a few days or just a few hours, but with them gone we can't do a whole lot to tide the guild over and hold it together. 

43 people like this

Posted

I agree with this and pushed for it very often on several other topics.

I work full time and by the time I get home the Node Wars start, but what happens if we have a war throughout the day when I'm at work not having a guild leader there makes all the guild skills useless and meaningless.

Vice Leaders should just have the EXACT same permissions as guild leaders, maybe even a different colour frame.

Posted (edited)

Totally agree- this would be a useful function for Guilds with two Co- Leaders who share leadership 50/50 but one has to be an officer. Either way this would deepen our ability to lead and organize guilds. Purple Frame :o ? However I would want to see the Vice Leader able to spend the Guild Points/ Change the Emblem as well- if you're vice leader you should be trusted enough to spend points/update the emblem as I assume you're vaguely in contact with the leader.  

Edited by Ursi
2 people like this

Posted

+1

Our guild needs this. Our leader had work today during the node war and although we didn't need the command to gather ability during the war, it would have been nice to have the option if necessary.

1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed. If we can't have a fully featured Guild managing system (create our own ranks and managing permissions) we should at least get more ranks.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The guild master should be able to select who will be given leadership if he or she is inactive for 14 or more days, instead of giving leadership to the vice leader with more activity points if the guild master is inactive for 14 or more days.

Edited by Suman

Posted

It's annoying that only the guild leader can bid for guild houses.... Too....

Posted

+1

This is very well thought out, and i can see it lifting a lot of weight off guild leaders shoulders. Happy Guild Leader = Happy Guild :)

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree 10000 times. I've seen a few guilds fall apart because the leader wasn't able to be as active as needed. 

Bring in the officers! 

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, it would be really nice if a feature like this war added.

Posted

Yes, Id actually like to see this go further. I want to be able to create ranks for different levels of officers. I hate that I only have officer and qm. I want to be able to edit ranks and what they can do. For a game that revolves around guilds, it has terrible in game guild control. In game event calendars are also very needed!

2 people like this

Posted

Yes, Id actually like to see this go further. I want to be able to create ranks for different levels of officers. I hate that I only have officer and qm. I want to be able to edit ranks and what they can do. For a game that revolves around guilds, it has terrible in game guild control. In game event calendars are also very needed!

I agree! I plan alot of events for my guildies and having to refer back to discord 24/7 to see events tends to make some of them lose the events. 

Posted (edited)

This Summer I gave my guild to my roommate because I went to a full-time position and he's just on Summer break for the time being.  While it's nice because he's more available during the days, he's rarely present at nights.  This sucks for us because say an officer's contract has expired, I can't renew it.  I can't help out with it, I can reach out to my roommate but if he isn't home or available we can't do anything about it.

Since he and I co-own our guild, I would love to have the same powers he has.  We trust each other, I gave this to him, it's not like he wouldn't share the responsibility back with me.  It would allow so much more leniency on the stress and responsibility of ONE person.  Even being able to bid on a guild house would be fantastic.. 

This NEEDS to happen.  It would be such a game-changing feature for me and my guild.

Edited by Syndara

Posted

Plus there's the usual "what if the leader gets hit by a bus?" argument. I've heard the story of Havoc on Edan, where the guild leader was hospitalized and nearly 100 members had to start a new guild from scratch in order not to lose 30 days of progress. Ridiculous. 

Just about every similar game out there has customizable guild ranks with permissions custom assignable to each rank. Implement this already.

Posted

Would love for something like this to happen!

Posted

-1 those glasses

Posted (edited)

This is perfect, just a couple more things I think would be good.

Vice leaders should be able to set other members as Quartermasters and possibly officers, and they should be able to spend guild points only on increasing the guild member cap. A friend's guild recently ran into a situation where the GM's computer broke right before they were supposed to absorb another guild, and the guild had the points but wasn't able to raise the cap, so the absorption fell through. 

Also, It would be cool if the Vice-leaders got a blue version of the GM icon around their guild emblem (the one to the left of your name). 

Edited by AngeI

Posted (edited)

Honestly, I would love for the guild system to be completely reworked. More ranks in general with the ability to alter what each can and can't do.
One size fit all really only works for t-shirts and even then that's debatable.

The best system IMO would be :
Guild Master - All permissions; just like now
Four or so re-nameable ranks, one must be selected as "default" rank that new members joining are set to.

All possible guild actions should be set with a boolean enabled or disabled for each rank (tiered rankings are to limiting in my opinion). An example of this setup could be as follows.

• Guild Master - as current but ablity to alter in-game rank stucture also.
  • Senior Officer - All actions enable, effectively Vice Leader
  • Officer - Manage membership (Limit to Guild Assist and Member; 7 day contracts, no more then 1mill payout), Accept/forfeit guild quests, Spend Guild Funds
  • Guild Assist - Able to accept and forfeit guild quests, During Siege times enable spend guild funds, disable rest of the time)
  • Member - Default, no extra permissions.

The above example would work great for my guild, but other guilds I know would want something else the point is a more control is better.

Edited by Ruokbl
Formating

Posted

I think there should be more control from the leader/co-leader/officer rank than what we have. Like the leader being able to make ranks, and in them ranks edit or give permissions to set groups. Make like a check box to say "You get to edit ranks, renew contracts, but not spend guild points or start guild missions", this way they can clearly see what each group is for. Example, a group that takes care of Guild Missions, a group to take care of wars, or this or that. And leave it up to the leader to set these ranks. And make it to were s/he can even make another leader rank where this group can do everything the leader can other than remove the person. I just think there needs to be more freedom with the guild rankings.

Posted

I totally support this idea. Also collecting the funds from nodes you conquer can only be done by guild masters as far as I know. The way this game is made now, the guild leader practicly lives with having 2 full time jobs: Your job in real life, and your job in BDO.

Posted

This is what I always say. My friends and I came over from GW2, and that system was a thousand times better. Before Guild Wars/GW2 I was playing runescape, and the CLAN ranking system in that game was better than the guild ranking system in BDO. Daum plz halp

Posted

Putting so much responsibility on the GM alone burns people out. There needs to be more allowances made to other officers or vice leaders

Posted

Please PA :< *puppy eyes* preety please give us rank like that.

Posted

Hey individuals that are commenting on here! You should totally promote this post and help us achieve it. 

Posted

Thinking more on this I feel as though adding Vice Leader and a few smaller customization ranks would help deepen the control GM's and Vice GM's would have.