• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Information about EXP 50% event + 50% scroll / milk tea

59 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello,

So according to some tests and to people discussions, last time when when we had the 30% EXP bonus event that lasted during weeks, it wasn't stacking with a 50% EXP scroll but it was only taking into consideration the highest bonus aka 50% without adding up with the 30% EXP from event.

Can we get clarification please ?

Do the current 50% EXP event buff stack with a 50% EXP scroll ?

Do the current 50% EXP event buff stack with Milk Tea ?

Do a Milk Tea stack with a 50% EXP scroll ?

Do the current 50% EXP event buff stack with anything that give a EXP bonus such as Costume/Elixir/Milk Tea/Scroll/Etc ?

Let say you use a 50% EXP scroll + Milk Tea + EXP Elixir (10%), will you have 118% EXP bonus ? I highly doubt.

Seems like there is some combination that work and some others that do not work, like if we use a scroll first or a milk tea first and etc, we need informations pretty please @PM_Jouska @CM_Aethon @CM_Tytyes @CM_Praballo

Regards.

Edited by Eyolis
4 people like this

Posted

You forgot exp elixir, pet buff & outfit +10% bonus.

Posted

You forgot exp elixir, pet buff & outfit +10% bonus.

I will add them into main post

Posted

This is important to know for sure.

Posted (edited)

Hello,

So according to some tests and to people discussions, last time when when we had the 30% EXP bonus event that lasted during weeks, it wasn't stacking with a 50% EXP scroll but it was only taking into consideration the highest bonus aka 50% without adding up with the 30% EXP from event.

Can we get clarification please ?

Do the current 50% EXP event buff stack with a 50% EXP scroll ?

Do the current 50% EXP event buff stack with Milk Tea ?

Do a Milk Tea stack with a 50% EXP scroll ?

Do the current 50% EXP event buff stack with anything that give a EXP bonus such as Costume/Elixir/Milk Tea/Scroll/Etc ?

Let say you use a 50% EXP scroll + Milk Tea + EXP Elixir (10%), will you have 118% EXP bonus ? I highly doubt.

Seems like there is some combination that work and some others that do not work, like if we use a scroll first or a milk tea first and etc, we need informations pretty please @PM_Jouska @CM_Aethon @CM_Tytyes @CM_Praballo

Regards.

Are you referring to the 50% scroll that specifically states it doesnt stack with anything else? 

There are two scrolls. Loyalty and the event buff. The event buff literally states it doesnt stack with ANYTHING. 

Edited by TrullsRohk

Posted (edited)

Yes, this scroll but it says "This effect cannot be stacked." 

Does it means you can't stack a Milk Tea and the Scroll ?

Does it means also that it doesn't stack with the 50% EXP event buff ?

Edited by Eyolis

Posted (edited)

It means you can't stack two of them. It should stack with everything else. So exp scroll, tea, costume, elixer, that should all be fine to use.

Edited by ZexAuburn
1 person likes this

Posted

It means you can't stack two of them. It should stack with everything else. So exp scroll, tea, costume, elixer, that should all be fine to use.

Except that it's not clear and seems like the scroll isn't working with the +50% EXP event bonus.

Thats why I would appreciate if a CM/PM could give a clear statement on this, please.

Posted

Except that it's not clear and seems like the scroll isn't working with the +50% EXP event bonus.

Thats why I would appreciate if a CM/PM could give a clear statement on this, please.

are you serious? Are you really that stupid?

What part of "this doesnt stack with anything" is unclear?

Posted

It's a request that has been made since nearly the beginning of the NA launch, and they have yet to comment on it as far as I know.  Users have reported that there is anecdotally does not seem to be an XP Cap, and that they are able to utilize the Scrolls in conjunction with other XP providing items.  If I recall correctly, the language on the XP scrolls is a localization of the KR version, which features multiple XP boosters from the cash shop.

Posted

It literally says "THIS EFFECT CAN NOT BE STACKED. NOT EVEN WITH PEARL SHOP ITEMS"

Posted

I can say with the last exp buff we had my +50% exp scrolls plus food and elixers were making a difference. I tested pirates with and without them. I agree though, lets get an official response.

Posted

are you serious? Are you really that stupid?
What part of "this doesnt stack with anything" is unclear?

Dude please, it doesn't say this on the scroll and following your logic, you wouldn't be able to use a scroll with an elixir or a milk tea and it actually work apparently, so try to understand the question or go away with your bad manner.

Just asking clarification from CM if possible and you're here answering useless stuff.

Posted

50% is a max cap.

Posted

50% is a max cap.

Interesting, any source on this please ?

Posted

I'd love to see this as well because I've never seen anything on a cap.

Posted

exp.jpg

Posted

It literally says "THIS EFFECT CAN NOT BE STACKED. NOT EVEN WITH PEARL SHOP ITEMS"

literally.thumb.png.29c52f3340b525155176

The localization is ambiguous, which is why so many people request clarification.

"This effect cannot be stacked (including loyalties items)."  Could certainly mean that if you purchase multiple scrolls, you don't get the buff multiple times.  It also could mean that you cannot purchase a Life XP Scroll, Combat XP Scroll, and Skill XP Scroll - then run them concurrently.

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah it should mean it can't stack with another combat exp scroll or another big scroll, not that its effect can't be used in conjunction with other things like elixers.

Posted (edited)

"This effect cannot be stack including pearl items"

This seems pretty concrete to me. 

Buff from milk tea? Effect
Buff from other combat exp scrolls? Effect
Buff from anything that gives combat exp? Effect

It doesnt stack with them. Theres nothing ambiguous about it. Thats about as literal as you can be with a description. They went out of their way to make sure they even specifically included pearl shop items in the description just in case you thought it would stack with the exp scroll from there. It doesnt.  

Edited by TrullsRohk

Posted

It doesnt stack with them. Theres nothing ambiguous about it. Thats about as literal as you can be with a description. 

I think we should request that all descriptions be written in crayon so that way, everyone could understand. ;)

2 people like this

Posted

It reads " This effect cannot be stacked" Not this effect does not stack with anything else. :Pretty sure its just meaning the 50% exp buff cannot be stacked on each other, not that it can't be stacked with other items.

1 person likes this

Posted

Someone please jusst test this, it'll be OBVIOUS if it stacks or not since we can see how much exp we get to the decimals.

Posted

"This effect cannot be stack including pearl items"

This seems pretty concrete to me. 

Buff from milk tea? Effect
Buff from other combat exp scrolls? Effect
Buff from anything that gives combat exp? Effect

It doesnt stack with them. Theres nothing ambiguous about it. Thats about as literal as you can be with a description. 

You keep replacing words with your own.  It's 'Including Loyalties items', not 'including pearl items'.

Seeming to be concrete does not make it concrete, no matter how hard you press the issue.  The matter will only be resolved in finality with extended peer-reviewed data tracking by the community, or by official commentary.  There are more than a few responses in the various other threads that suggest XP is not capped based on their individual experiences, and that the 'stacking' mentioned in the tooltip is reference to clicking multiple copies of that item for extended duration or additional XP bonus.

Posted

Looks like it stacks to me.