• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So...any MMO with better pvp/combat?

72 posts in this topic

Posted

If you want advice for strong 1v1 class 

Songweaver , Spiritmaster , Ranger , are top tier,

+ you actually play a 6 years old game wich is great because the game is already balanced

Top tier 1v1 are range classes and you dare to call it balanced lol?

Posted

@Edgelorde
This is up on the horizon, might be worth looking into.

Posted

I though Aion was dead?

Posted

nope.

BDO's pvp is AMAZING. only issue is hackers and geargab, both something you will be hardpressed to find a game without.

only balance issues i see is "sorcs frontal block being bit too strong", and "zerkers just having too much dmg, with being very strong at everything else" more on zerker here:

Posted

Someone on Youtube said there's a RVR type MMO that might come out this year where there isn't much if any Gear Treadmill.  ...I think the video was like top 10 MMOs of 2016 or something by LazyPeon maybe?  ...I -----ing hate that guy so I don't trust any HYPE he puts himself up to.  But I'm pretty sure atleast one or two of the MMO's he named was a lot more focused on either Strategy/Building or the player's "Offspring" and more roguelike elements or PermaDeath which either way takes most Gear out of the equation

Posted

Albion online is a sweet game. reminds me of ultima online meets eve.. They changed a shit ton of stuff since beta and beta 2 will be out aug 1rst and run for 3 months before realese. I loved this game before but now i really really love it. Its a hardcore full loot pvp game, player ran markets, no fast travel, gvgs, ton of alliances and politics one huge server.. the list goes on and on.. population is freaking huge.. you should check it out.

Posted

Albion online is a sweet game. reminds me of ultima online meets eve.. They changed a shit ton of stuff since beta and beta 2 will be out aug 1rst and run for 3 months before realese. I loved this game before but now i really really love it. Its a hardcore full loot pvp game, player ran markets, no fast travel, gvgs, ton of alliances and politics one huge server.. the list goes on and on.. population is freaking huge.. you should check it out.

moba combat, noooooooooooo thank you

nope.

BDO's pvp is AMAZING. only issue is hackers and geargab, both something you will be hardpressed to find a game without.

only balance issues i see is "sorcs frontal block being bit too strong", and "zerkers just having too much dmg, with being very strong at everything else" more on zerker here:

"I don't have anything to add to this topic so i'll just advertise my own thread that has no relevance in this topic"

??????????????????

Posted (edited)

Hey Edgelord, I hope you get some more answers because I'm looking for a new PvP game as well! Similar to your earlier post, I don't enjoy EXTREME gear grinds but I would prefer grinding over no grinding at all. I'm not really a fan of barely clothed little girls fighting giant horrendous monsters personally, so there's that. I seriously cannot find a game that can successfully fit all three of my check boxes. 

1. Reasonably balanced open world and competitive PvP that is fun and fluid.

2. An aesthetic/theme/art design that appeals to me. ((Specifically looking for a medieval fantasy that is not ridiculously over the top but has personality.))

3. Role playing potential.

Here are my thoughts on the mmos that I see most talked about and why I am not playing them. This is from my experience and information gathering, others may disagree.

Wow: Already played for countless hours and not trying to return. I'm starting to dislike tab targeting but combat was still somewhat fun in my experience despite numerous problems (Already mentioned). Used to be member/leader of World PvP battles. Have done 100+ Alliance  vs 100+ Horde vs World boss PvP(X?) battles. Fun times, but those are over.

Swtor ((Star Wars the Old Republic)): My experience was similar to wow minus the world PvP, I liked the game but tab targeting got boring after guild fell apart. PvP was way more imbalanced, instanced, and less competitive when I played. (Despite the fact that a few salty people tried to sabotage my guild after failing to kill me multiple times haha)

ESO((Elder Scrolls Online)): I really tried to like this game but I was bored as hell playing alone and I don't like the feel of combat at all. It's probably personal preference because I just couldn't get into it.

Guild wars 2: Like ESO, I really just hate that style of combat because it didn't feel impactful enough. I disliked both the animations and the progression. I personally prefer grinding over having the best gear handed to me for free like in GW2. I don't know, maybe they were bad but I completely facerolled as a guardian 1 handed mace/shield with a great sword secondary build and destroyed people my first few matches...

Tera: Combat looks fun...Not a fan of the over the top fantasy with gender locked little girl classes. Lol I personally prefer playing a female character with armor having at least some practicality. (Come at me haters)

EVE Online: Not really interested.

Archage: P2W 

Blade and soul: Bots, tremendous gear grind, bad optimization(?), bad customer support, and more bots.

Final Fantasy: Not interested

Wildstar: Not really interested and turned off by character customization.

Neverwinter: I watched game play and saw loot chest that cost irl money to open...not interested. ((People have been telling me its P2W as well, not sure if that is true but looks that way.))

DragonNest: Looks fun but not a super fan for the art style, instanced PvP, and lack of character customization options.

Secret world: Not interested

Icarus Online: Not really interested in a game based around flying mounts tbh.

Skyforge: Not interested in being an Immortal.

Black Desert: Love the game however I have problems with the issues mentioned here plus the cash shop.

Upcoming games: 

Gloria Victus: Looks fun but maybe too realistic for my preferences. I'm especially iffy on the combat.

Crowfall: Immortal players, multiple worlds, not really my thing.

Starcitizen: FPS, not entirely interested.

Lineage Eternal: Top down overview, not interested.

Shroud of the Avatar: Some interesting ideas but combat looks trashy from what I've seen...

Lost Ark: Top down overview, not interested.

Bless Online: Game looks beautiful and immersive...but everyone I have seen so far says combat is god awful. Maybe they could be wrong... ((D:))

Albion Online:Yet again...top down overview, not interested.

Camelot Unchained: I need more information before deciding. So far though, not interested. Realm vs realm is not my focus.

Pathfinder Online: Watched some gameplay, combat looks trash so far. 

Revelations Online: I've been playing the game on Chinese servers lately and the combat is fun, fast, and solid so far. However for other reasons, the game is still not exactly what I am looking for. 

I'm pretty desperate for a game that would fit my criteria here. D: It seems that whichever game I pickup, I will have to sacrifice a major feature or aspect that I'm looking for. 

TLR: The only game that I think that could compete with Black Desert for combat would be Revelations Online at the moment if you don't like Tera's style. Maybe someone could post and prove otherwise. 

Edited by Knight Cassandra

Posted

Most fun i had in my 10 years of MMO PVP wise, were L2  and after that AION (out of many other MMO). But I do not feel like going back to any of them (specially L2, P2W and hardcore RMT, but it's very old and none cares).

So the only MMO i am very interested to try when will come to West is Bless online, faction type,open world,castle sieges etc. The in game art work looks very good as well.It was also bragged in how many million of dollars were invested in this game too much for a MMO. And it seems it gives you the option to choose if you either want to play as action combat or tab system (as far as i've seen more future MMOs are adopting this system to attract both types of players)

Posted

Most fun i had in my 10 years of MMO PVP wise, were L2  and after that AION (out of many other MMO). But I do not feel like going back to any of them (specially L2, P2W and hardcore RMT, but it's very old and none cares).

So the only MMO i am very interested to try when will come to West is Bless online, faction type,open world,castle sieges etc. The in game art work looks very good as well.It was also bragged in how many million of dollars were invested in this game too much for a MMO. And it seems it gives you the option to choose if you either want to play as action combat or tab system (as far as i've seen more future MMOs are adopting this system to attract both types of players)

Yeah, hopefully the game releases with solid combat or else the game might flop. From what I've seen so far, this is a game I would like to see do well.

Posted

(a wall of text)

yeah I've noticed quite a few low budget kickstarted MMOs recently, a couple of them do seem neat but I just don't think that with a low budget you can make good combat. Crowfall does seem neat, but I'm worried I won't like it as an MMO, cause it can hardly even be considered one. Not to mention I can't really kill whoever I want so that means less PK-based drama.

I haven't heard of Bless Online, so I looked it up real quick and the combat does look kinda bleh. Seems like the kind of "sit in one spot and hit sklls until it dies" kinda combat I hate out of tab-targets.

I think a good rule of thumb is that if the game doesn't have dodging iframes on most classes, it probably doesn't have fun combat. (note: i didnt actually check if bless has any iframes)

So far I think my best chance is Revelation, but i'm worried about how soulless it looks. It seems to me that it's just another MMO that the devs don't particularly care about and are just doing it for money, rather than anything they want the game to be like. That's one of the reasons why despite quitting I still hold a lot of love for BDO, the devs really love this game! Bless online looks like something the devs love, too.

Posted

Surprised a post about other game's pvp is still up on the forums of an MMO. 

No offense but I'd be surprised if they didn't take this down... bad marketing :/ 

GL wherever you go though! I'd try an FPS or Moba if you don't want a gear gap. 

Gear gap isn't hard to close in bdo tbh. 

Posted

yeah I've noticed quite a few low budget kickstarted MMOs recently, a couple of them do seem neat but I just don't think that with a low budget you can make good combat. Crowfall does seem neat, but I'm worried I won't like it as an MMO, cause it can hardly even be considered one. Not to mention I can't really kill whoever I want so that means less PK-based drama.

I haven't heard of Bless Online, so I looked it up real quick and the combat does look kinda bleh. Seems like the kind of "sit in one spot and hit sklls until it dies" kinda combat I hate out of tab-targets.

I think a good rule of thumb is that if the game doesn't have dodging iframes on most classes, it probably doesn't have fun combat. (note: i didnt actually check if bless has any iframes)

So far I think my best chance is Revelation, but i'm worried about how soulless it looks. It seems to me that it's just another MMO that the devs don't particularly care about and are just doing it for money, rather than anything they want the game to be like. That's one of the reasons why despite quitting I still hold a lot of love for BDO, the devs really love this game! Bless online looks like something the devs love, too.

Revelations Online had a pretty beautiful world from what I was able to see during my short time playing. The quest seemed much more enjoyable (Opinion based) for a first play through. The devs who created the game cared enough to add in numerous little features that I can appreciate. That said, the game does not have the setting that I personally am looking for. Additionally, there are some other concerns I have.

- I am not sure if the game has Open World PvP and if it does, not sure how it works.

- I saw more than quite a few Elins running around. ((Literal Elins Literally everywhere!)) Already mentioned as a problem in OP's post.

- There is a real possibility of the game being P2W. If it is...many many many people will be instantly turned away including myself. 

I think the real question is how much will the publishers care about RE. 

A little bit off topic but since we are talking about new games, I wish more games supported the use of addons. Addons are a HUGE help to role players.

so go play those other mmo that allows u to be away for a year and still be same level as someone that has put in work for the year u sat out on

That's clearly not what OP is looking for man. Also, please name one that has fun combat while not screwing anything else up if possible.

Posted

Revelations Online had a pretty beautiful world from what I was able to see during my short time playing. The quest seemed much more enjoyable (Opinion based) for a first play through. The devs who created the game cared enough to add in numerous little features that I can appreciate. That said, the game does not have the setting that I personally am looking for. Additionally, there are some other concerns I have.

- I am not sure if the game has Open World PvP and if it does, not sure how it works.

- I saw more than quite a few Elins running around. ((Literal Elins Literally everywhere!)) Already mentioned as a problem in OP's post.

- There is a real possibility of the game being P2W. If it is...many many many people will be instantly turned away including myself. 

I think the real question is how much will the publishers care about RE. 

A little bit off topic but since we are talking about new games, I wish more games supported the use of addons. Addons are a HUGE help to role players.

I checked, it's got the OWPvP I'm looking for. Its punishments seem REALLY HARSH (you drop ya items oh man) but it's got lineage rules, as in there's no punishment as long as they hit you back.

I'm pretty worried about the elin problem, but I've learned to ignore it. I doubt it'll be as much as an issue as it was in TERA, anyway. I would hope they don't make the same mistake as having different races have different timings on skills and differing hitboxes. I never knew if an elin user was just a minmaxer or a pedophile.

But yeah, P2W is definitely the biggest thing that would make me not play it. That's kinda needless to say at this point, though. I think western publishers are starting to realize that P2W isn't a way to have a steady amount of money. There's already enough P2W games around where all of the whales are, there's not nearly as many whales looking at new MMOs as there was years ago. Whales are gonna stay in their old games, because they already spent so much money on them. Unless they're rich, then they just don't give a shit.

Also I think the main problem about addons is that it's a tad difficult to implement it while keeping having all that information balanced and fair. The devs kinda want to know what you're seeing so they can work the game around that. aaaaa its too difficult to explain

Surprised a post about other game's pvp is still up on the forums of an MMO. 

No offense but I'd be surprised if they didn't take this down... bad marketing :/ 

GL wherever you go though! I'd try an FPS or Moba if you don't want a gear gap. 

Gear gap isn't hard to close in bdo tbh. 

same, i dunno why it's lasted this long either. also I already told someone about your last 2 sentences.

so go play those other mmo that allows u to be away for a year and still be same level as someone that has put in work for the year u sat out on

Was about to write a response, went through your other posts JUST TO BE SAFE and yeah you just a jokester. A silly man. A good joke 8/10 friend.

Posted

Lineage2 had the best mass pvp experience, and the drama in forum about a lost siege or a fight after a epic boss.

nothing beat that shit to me.

true !

Posted

Time to move on.

Now this game is P2W... don't expect revelation online to not be P2W too.

Personaly I will go for albion online (western MMO) with no P2W crap...

Posted

Time to move on.

Now this game is P2W... don't expect revelation online to not be P2W too.

Personaly I will go for albion online (western MMO) with no P2W crap...

Yeah, I don't have high hopes for any korean MMO to not be P2W, but the main issue with it is how money/gear dependent the game is. As we all know, BDO is HEAVILY money dependent, as it's near impossible to ever get perfect gear, which means that P2W is a massive issue. If a game doesn't have a very high gear cap, or if all the good gear is untradeable/buyable then P2W is a much more tolerable concept. TERA early on, for example, had sellable cash shop items but not many people cared because getting max level and perfect gear wasn't overly difficult.

As of now there are no western MMOs that i'd actually find fun to PvP in, so that sucks. Maybe Crowfall's PvP will turn out to be more fun than it looks as of now? I kinda doubt it, though. Low budget MMOs never seem to do well. It is only in pre-alpha, though, so who knows?????

Posted

World of Warcraft is still miles ahead in almost all aspects 

There is lot more to do in BDO, but they all suck in some way

/Waits for Legion

WoW is THE WORSE pvp. And as being THE Noixi with 100,000 Honor kills in WoW, I say this from GREAT experience.

It is so BALANCE MONGERED, it is SICKENING. Every class, is basically just the same class now, and the lack of gear scaling/hording as BDO has it makes its so BLAH, that people have left WoW in MILLIONS upon MILLIONS.

BDO's UN-BALANCED gear/level war is AWESOME. It only saddens me, that I can't put in the time to grind. In fact, I just made a post about this, with the underlying theme that grinding REWARDS one in BDO. The only thing I would change on the gear/level scaling in BDO, is to get rid of RNG and the whole fail-stack system. And one way to get rid of the fail-stack system, is to allow workers to build/make items that can feed the fail-stacks, like, let us make Witches Earings, so we can mass produce them, then go fail-stacking. that would reduce the grind-to-RNG ratio, at the least.

Posted (edited)

WoW is THE WORSE pvp. And as being THE Noixi with 100,000 Honor kills in WoW, I say this from GREAT experience.

It is so BALANCE MONGERED, it is SICKENING. Every class, is basically just the same class now, and the lack of gear scaling/hording as BDO has it makes its so BLAH, that people have left WoW in MILLIONS upon MILLIONS.

BDO's UN-BALANCED gear/level war is AWESOME. It only saddens me, that I can't put in the time to grind. In fact, I just made a post about this, with the underlying theme that grinding REWARDS one in BDO. The only thing I would change on the gear/level scaling in BDO, is to get rid of RNG and the whole fail-stack system. And one way to get rid of the fail-stack system, is to allow workers to build/make items that can feed the fail-stacks, like, let us make Witches Earings, so we can mass produce them, then go fail-stacking. that would reduce the grind-to-RNG ratio, at the least.

It's awesome if you can't learn to play, but still wanna win in PvP. Of course normal skilled PvP player can't get anything out of BDO PvP. :D

Edited by Junkpile

Posted

Yeah I saw that one, it does look promising but on the downside it has Literal Elins, which means pedophiles. I'll try it anyway, it is gonna be F2P so no loss.

I watched 1 video, that anime (border line hentai) shit is a huge turn off to a lot of westerners, I don't expect to see this going anywhere in terms of longevity in the west

Someone on Youtube said there's a RVR type MMO that might come out this year where there isn't much if any Gear Treadmill.  ...I think the video was like top 10 MMOs of 2016 or something by LazyPeon maybe?  ...I -----ing hate that guy so I don't trust any HYPE he puts himself up to.  But I'm pretty sure atleast one or two of the MMO's he named was a lot more focused on either Strategy/Building or the player's "Offspring" and more roguelike elements or PermaDeath which either way takes most Gear out of the equation

Camelot unchained, probably the most promising of the upcoming mmos especially pvp enthusiasts, if you like massive pvp and RvRvR then I highly sugest checking this game out (currently closed beta is about to start but their site has 2016 release date)

Posted

Camelot Unchained (the original dev of DAoC - Dark Age of Camelot) making this game. It will blow all others out of water when it comes to PvP, if you ever played the original DAoC, you will know what i mean :)

http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

Posted (edited)

Camelot Unchained (the original dev of DAoC - Dark Age of Camelot) making this game. It will blow all others out of water when it comes to PvP, if you ever played the original DAoC, you will know what i mean :)

http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

1. nice signing up for a website just to advertise a game

2. payment model is subscription, so no. i can't afford to blow all my disability money on a videogame no matter how good it is.

3. never overhype a game, ever. i can guarentee that you wont like the game as much as you think you will, even if it is an amazing game.

Edited by Edgelorde

Posted

Camelot unchained looks great so far

Posted

After playing BDO, all other MMOs will feel pretty crap in terms of combat. So no. I returned to BDO myself.

1 person likes this

Posted

Aion 5.0 released this week

PvP everywhere.

It is a focus PvP game,

You have a rank under your head ( your pvp rank )

Higher your rank is better pvp gear you can buy.

Siege and fort about 12 times per day in multiplate zone. 300vs300

Rifting system is back , u walk in the map u see a rift u go to the enemy map , u kisk up ( if u die u rez there) and you pvp all day.

patch is new so..... everyone going for new gear u are not late,

If you want advice for strong 1v1 class 

Songweaver , Spiritmaster , Ranger , are top tier,

+ you actually play a 6 years old game wich is great because the game is already balanced and everything work u dont have to suffer pain crazy patch note each week and i have more pvp in aion in 10 minutes gameplay than i had in 200 hour in BDO.

how can AION have 300 vs 300 pvp battle when there is like 20 players still playing that pay2win cash-grab NCsoft title.