• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So...any MMO with better pvp/combat?

72 posts in this topic

Posted

Aion 5.0 released this week

PvP everywhere.

It is a focus PvP game,

You have a rank under your head ( your pvp rank )

Higher your rank is better pvp gear you can buy.

Siege and fort about 12 times per day in multiplate zone. 300vs300

Rifting system is back , u walk in the map u see a rift u go to the enemy map , u kisk up ( if u die u rez there) and you pvp all day.

patch is new so..... everyone going for new gear u are not late,

If you want advice for strong 1v1 class 

Songweaver , Spiritmaster , Ranger , are top tier,

+ you actually play a 6 years old game wich is great because the game is already balanced and everything work u dont have to suffer pain crazy patch note each week and i have more pvp in aion in 10 minutes gameplay than i had in 200 hour in BDO.

there is nothing balanced in aion if u can never beat a songweaver as a gladiator

Posted

Don't get me wrong, I do love black desert, but the main reason I play MMOs is for PvP and the scenarios and drama that comes with it. BDO DEFINITELY has the 2nd part down to a T (a little too much salt but eh, cant have it all), but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get a feel for the PvP (sorc btw). I never knew if my attacks or ccs would land, and even if they did hit, I couldn't tell if I failed the RNG roll before it was too late. If I don't even know when I hit a target, that's not a game I can play. That, and gear is such a huge factor compared to other MMOs that I just got tired of trying to stay competitive. I gave the PvP one last chance by going on a PK spree, but all that did was remind me that I can never tell when something I do works or when it doesn't. Plus anyone that had any competency in PvP were so much more geared than me cause I took a 3 week break to the point where I couldn't kill a wizard that was unable to hit me just because of the gear difference (I got 140 ap, but the +16 update came out so that's practically nothing i'm guessing. And yes, I was punishing their heal attempts).

NOW, amazingly enough I'm not here just to be a salty baby, I'm actually asking you guys if you know any MMOs that are out, or are gonna come out, that have PvP that actually works, where you can land hits important without having to double check if it managed to go through. I loved TERA, but 1. ded gaem 2. im tired of dealing with pedophiles. That means BnS is out, too, you goddamn weeaboos. Additionally, BnS has no PvP scene outside of the esports arena nonsense, and that's boring as hell. I want one that has more to the PvP than just "you go into an instanced arena and 1v1/3v3"

And I guess since this is technically a quitting message I should say I really do hope this game keeps being successful and everyone have a good time playing it, even if I couldn't manage to.

Albion online

Posted

Games with better combat systems (imo) is Dark Souls , Witcher , Mabinogi (inferior everything else) Because all attacks are not buried in special effects, and knock -back / stunning are stable

Posted

i hardly think you can find a real competitive pvp experience in an mmo other than gw2 or wow ( im stricly talking about the competitve side, 5v5 rankeds arenas in gw2 or 3v3s in wow).

Posted

Albion online

Literally just moba combat, which I hate.

Games with better combat systems (imo) is Dark Souls , Witcher , Mabinogi (inferior everything else) Because all attacks are not buried in special effects, and knock -back / stunning are stable

I already PVP in DS2 a lot, but it doesn't fill my MMO pvp niche. It's got the dynamic situations I like with invasions, but there's only so much that can happen in it, being a singleplayer/co-op game. Witcher is entirely a singleplayer game so I don't know what you're talking about there, and isn't Mabinogi that kiddie RP game? I didn't even know it had PVP, I kinda doubt it would be any good.

Posted

Guild Wars 1. Best PvP ever made. No one comes close. Not talking about combat, i am talking about modes, which are best ever. Random Arena, HoH, Team Arena, Alliance Battles, excellent. Guild Wars 2 too, Wvw and PvP is awesome, i just can't comprehend why BDO doesn't do something similar, surely they will have more players, and more income that way. Completely devoid of reality, Pearl Abyss, as a company. 

Don't get me wrong, i love BDO, and play it daily, but, PVP is lousy. RBF is empty, RNG destroying even a chance to be competitive, simply awful. 

Posted

Sadly none of the modern MMOS have better combat than BDO.  A few games with acceptable combat are Age of Conan, Guild Wars 2, and TERA in my book.  

Took the words right out of my mouth; AoC, GW2 and TERA are only other MMOs where I've felt combat is as enjoyable as here.

Posted

what is so good about BDO combat? It is flashy the screen is tilting and it has amazing graphics.

- desync 

-  there is no depth to the fight e.g. go on  a hill and cast a spell up/downhill and try to hit 

- the CC is complete roulette that you can influence a bit.. 70% ... right. 

Don't get me wrong it is fun but it is not even remotely good programming. Hell the up/downhill issue is disguising and games from 2003 does not have it. The game with the most amazing terrain features that you can't use except in a bugged way. Let me jump on this rock so you can never aoe me rather than actually using terrain advantage. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

was about to recomend tera 3s/bns 1v1 arenas but you don't like those...you want a game with pking where the gear cap isn't insanely high(?) and is not tab target....not sure you'll fine one tbh.

PKing usually only occurs when people overgear people to the point of faceroll, in europe/na communities anyways, which means mad gear system ( p2w/nolife2w  usually... )

Btw revelation online more then qualifies as a game you will not like considering your uneasiness with tera/bns, in fact it's worse. Thought you might liek to know lol

Edited by Lanifair

Posted

what is so good about BDO combat? It is flashy the screen is tilting and it has amazing graphics.

- desync 

-  there is no depth to the fight e.g. go on  a hill and cast a spell up/downhill and try to hit 

I definitely can agree with this lol  Still fun to play though. Just not my favorite

Posted

there is nothing balanced in aion if u can never beat a songweaver as a gladiator

And that's the problem, people things balance means every class should be able to beat every other class.  They don't want to have counters.

Posted (edited)

was about to recomend tera 3s/bns 1v1 arenas but you don't like those...you want a game with pking where the gear cap isn't insanely high(?) and is not tab target....not sure you'll fine one tbh.

PKing usually only occurs when people overgear people to the point of faceroll, in europe/na communities anyways, which means mad gear system ( p2w/nolife2w  usually... )

Btw revelation online more then qualifies as a game you will not like considering your uneasiness with tera/bns, in fact it's worse. Thought you might liek to know lol

Those aren't my requirements for a game I'll enjoy, those are just some best case scenarios that I would like to have. If a game doesn't have all of them I'll still give it a chance if it catches my interest. I even came into BDO knowing that the gear system would mean that anyone who no-lifed would roll everyone else, because everything else about the game seemed like a lot of fun! And it was, until I couldn't take the dice roll combat anymore.

Regarding your second statement...

I half-agree half-disagree with you. I personally PK because of the dynamic situations. There are no rules allowed out in the open world so you never know when the odds are gonna be stacked against you. And personally, if the odds are on me too hard, such as the person i'm picking a fight with being undergeared or new, I just run off. My strategy is to pick fights, not just randomly murder everyone. Don't be too rude, but maybe give people a reason to want to try something interesting to get rid of you, like calling in some friends or bringing out their max level alt. I try to make it fun for the victim too, if I can manage to do it. I know I make people happy when I slip up and they earn the right to say "hey, that person jumped me and I kicked their ass! nice."

On the other side, though, I do love making some nerds angry. If they're just overreacting and need to calm down, I try to have my fun with em. One time in BDO I was just sitting in one spot, kicking people off their horse as they auto-traveled to Calpheon (most were just tabbed out or grabbing a snack, not asleep leveling their horse) then letting them get back on their horse and ride off. My idea there was to just do a small thing that would be funny to most people, making their average trip a little more interesting. (a couple of people told me that it was pretty funny so I think I was doing my job well!) A few people picked a fight with me, but I didn't have much karma to spare sadly so I just dashed off since I was already on my horse.

One interesting character, though, got REALLY mad about it for some reason, and just kept trying to fight me, even flagging themselves to try to kill me. Since that isn't my karma, I gladly fought em and won everytime, but they kept going for it, saying very angry things all the while, trying to insult me and whatnot. Eventually they left, but a while afterwards I noticed two people sneaking behind me, waiting for me to kick someone so I went red. Of course, they were in the same guild as the angry person, so I just let em know I saw em by striking up a discussion. We chatted for quite a bit, just about some random things in the game, so after a bit I asked em about their angry friend and they told me that yeah, he called them up cause he got too annoyed to keep goin but still wanted some revenge. The 2 guildies thought that what I was doing was pretty funny and innocent, though, so they just let me be. What nice fellows.

Oh man sorry for that wall of text I just really like PK!!!! MOVING ON.

The main reason I got sick of the pedophilia problem in TERA was that the devs didnt give half of a shit about any other race, made all the new costumes AND CLASSES JESUS CHRIST elin-exclusive. That was completely unbearable.

I've been following revelation pretty closely and I think it might actually be pretty good! It doesn't seem to focus as hard on the pedophile bait aspect as TERA did, but TERA didn't focus too hard on it at release either, only time will tell I guess. The biggest thing I'm worried about from it is if I'll actually find the combat fun, as it seems like a pseudo tab target system that people like to call "aim-assist". If the aim assist is as obvious as it is in stuff like ESO even with melee classes I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to play it.

I'm just waiting for the closed beta so that I can finally make up my mind. I aint trying to play the chinese version or anything cause I can't find any decent tutorials.

And that's the problem, people things balance means every class should be able to beat every other class.  They don't want to have counters.

Except in an MMO then just picking another character isn't that simple, you have to level it to max then get decent enough gear to be able to stand a chance. My personal belief for balancing in MMOs is that having multiple classes should only mean you can pick one for your playstyle, not because they're good in certain situations. Exception being if an MMO uses the trinity system. Most tank classes in MMOs can fight 1v1 against any other class, but healers generally get the short stick and can only do one thing.

Edited by Edgelorde

Posted

People say that you did know before buying that gear give advantage in BDO, but how we could know that somebody actually could be stupid enough to make game where gear mean this much. Seriously i remember games that were worst p2w games ever and still balance was better in those games. :)

Posted

L2 back in the day had it down. Minus the insane grind. I've only been playing this for a few days and it is fun but has its issues- I think more personal ones than game issues so far (weapon/armor skins are pretty lame) but I personally think pvp should be based on gear pretty heavily. Makes you want to put in the effort to get it. As long as it's not near impossible to get. Aion was great too. Hopefully with this being out only 6 months in NA well start to see some things adapt to our wants/needs vs just getting whatever the K servers get. 

Posted

L2 back in the day had it down. Minus the insane grind. I've only been playing this for a few days and it is fun but has its issues- I think more personal ones than game issues so far (weapon/armor skins are pretty lame) but I personally think pvp should be based on gear pretty heavily. Makes you want to put in the effort to get it. As long as it's not near impossible to get. Aion was great too. Hopefully with this being out only 6 months in NA well start to see some things adapt to our wants/needs vs just getting whatever the K servers get. 

Problem is they HAD IT RIGHT on release, but recently they changed it to be the exact same as the korean version, despite one of the biggest protests in a korean mmo i've ever seen. It's clear they don't care about the games longevity anymore and are just relying on the whales now. They even said after the game released that they were much more successful than expected or planned, so they had no reason to change the cash shop model, but they did anyway.

Posted

I known a MMO with better PvP system.
it was named "三國志Online (Romance of the three kingdoms Online)", serviced to Japan and Taiwan.
that MMO was ended at 6 years ago before coming to EU/NA.
but their system has a lot of mottainai elements for don't wasted to the dark history of MMORPG.

・up to 500 vs 500 RvR
・Guild Battle/Guild House/Alliance available
・Free Class System (you can change the class freely by change the weapon/armor.)
・doesn't have a gear enchant system, nothing a gear gap.
  (Enchant was released in the middle, but it's very very a little to affect to the power.)
・Disposable gear. almost everyone used player-made gear. then nothing a gear gap.
  (Player-based economy was worked fine by that system.)
・No need to Grind as hell for enjoy PvP.
・Perfectly PvP-Skill-based PvP System, 300 ppl can win to 500 ppl, 10 ppl can win to 30 ppl,
  by pretty strong "Party Skill". everyone can win, everyone can lose.
  (Party Skill example: Damage cut by 50%/100% Critical/Remove all enemies buff/Stealth/+50% Movement Speed/
   Usage, tactics of "Party Skill" is very important to win.)
・World Strongest UI/Chat usability. player can change the font size/color, and u can direct copy and paste the chat by mouse.
  of course, chat filtering also available. direct move to UI element, no need to enter UI Edit Mode as BDO :3

・World Strongest Chat Macro System. players allowed to register 100 macro, and write 5-line command line per macro,
  macro system has a lot of command variables, player can get targeted enemies Position/HP/Level/Class/Block Area/Direction and distance.
  and can get a party/alliance member name, then you can send enemies info to party/alliance member at 1 Click. :)

・Logistic support on the RvR. gather materials(Wood/Stone) for make annex/siege weapon,
  player can be contribution to the win even low-level player.

but that was existed in the past. we can't play that game now.
you can confirm how is RvR in this game at Youtube.

5 ppl Stealth Party defeating other grouped enemies.

Posted

Vindictus definitely.

Posted

No other game has better combat than this. Desync is only a problem in NA, cause look where they put the server ;). 

Posted

The combat control schema in BDO is the best system for action combat in any MMO.

Sadly, the game has server side issues with lag and desync.

Oh yeah, Pearl Abyss and Daum have no idea how to balance classes.

Red Battlefield is a joke. There is no competitive pvp in this game at all.

Despite the awesome combat mechanics, pvp in BDO is sub-par.

1 person likes this

Posted

No other game has better combat than this. Desync is only a problem in NA, cause look where they put the server ;).

You couldn't be further from the truth.

Desync in EU is still a major issue.

Posted

You couldn't be further from the truth.

Desync in EU is still a major issue.

I imagine desyncing is worse because EU is huge :( I could be wrong tho

Vindictus definitely.

I forgot about Vindictus. Yea they have a nice combat system and more fluid / cleaner animations than Black Desert (imo, black desert focuses TOO much on being flashy).However, That's about it though.I expect that much because Vindictus ONLY has combat. It lacks life aspect and wellly-bult hub worlds. 

Oh and owned by Nexon. Which is worst than Kakaoe in everyway possible. You'd have to hate someone to recommend that P2W company

Posted

I forgot about Vindictus. Yea they have a nice combat system and more fluid / cleaner animations than Black Desert (imo, black desert focuses TOO much on being flashy).However, That's about it though.I expect that much because Vindictus ONLY has combat. It lacks life aspect and wellly-bult hub worlds. 

Oh and owned by Nexon. Which is worst than Kakaoe in everyway possible. You'd have to hate someone to recommend that P2W company

AND it's entirely instanced. Can't forget that.