• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Nayriko's Ninja/Kunoichi Guide

101 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Last Updated: 5/14/17

(Due to my concentration on Ninja over Kunoichi now on NA, I will be updating Ninja info on here more quickly than Kunoichi info. Sorry for the inconvenience!)

----Table of Contents----

-Introduction

-The Basics

-Gearing Tips

-Gems

-Skill Breakdown and Builds

-Leveling Tips

-General Tips for Success

-References

----------------------------------

Introduction:
Hey I'm Nayriko. I've been playing ninja/kunoichi for quite a while now on both the Japanese server and Korean servers. I really enjoy the ninja class and usually play the ninja/assassin/rogue/thief class in every RPG and MMO that I play. I believe the ninja/kun requires a very specific mindset and play style to be effective and to fully enjoy the class. That being said, the ninja is not for everyone. I am by no means an expert or pro and this guide is based off of opinion and suggestions by myself and other great guides compiled into this guide. You do not have to agree with the information below as it is your right to disagree with whatever. That being said, let's begin!

I’ll also begin streaming ninja gameplay on my new twitch account once the class is released in NA/EU on Twitch for anyone who wishes to watch! Follow me and see what the class is all about!

The Basics of Ninja/Kunoichi:
-Pearl Abyss did a great job capturing the vision and concept of the Japanese Ninja/Kunoichi. The class is an assassin that uses speed and agility to take down its opponents and has a large toolkit of mysterious ninjutsu and weapon attacks using blades and sharp throwing projectiles. The class is agile and squishy and relies on i-frames to avoid damage as taking too many direct hits will quickly end the ninja’s rampage. It’s important to understand the Ninja/Kunoichi's role as an assassin that uses tricks and fast/hard hitting attacks to get in, kill someone, and get out before the enemy knows what hit them. This guerilla warfare tactic the class is designed for is a great addition to standard battles in the Black Desert Universe. Make sure to learn the class well through practice and use of this guide to master the class and show other shinobi the true potential the class has to offer KX39fOLlpF5nqnKNVNvrF7QUIFAjS_lJP1KBPHNi

Gearing Tips:

Main hand-
Rosar Shortsword is the best weapon overall to use and enhance until you get your hands on the much more rare and expensive Liverto Shortsword or Kzarka Shortsword. Kzarka is amazing but hard to obtain without amazing luck or massive amounts of wealth. Ranking system so far based on current items in the game:
Kzarka Shortsword (best)
Liverto Shortsword (great)
Rosar Shortsword (good)
Suggestion: I'd suggest buying a Liverto or Kzarka already enhanced to 15+ from the market instead of enhancing one yourself to save a lot of money and reduce hair loss from the stress caused in failing your enhancements. Right now they are pretty hard to snipe on the marketplace but it will get easier to find them the longer the game is available.

Offhand-
-Quitar Shuriken/Kunai is the best for pvp until you get upgraded Bhegs gloves and/or nouver offhand. Accuracy is extremely important even at lvl 56 and only starts to lose its effectiveness around lvl 58 (unless new content comes out before you reach that point)

-Estique Shuriken/Kunai gives an extra boost of AP at the cost of the increase of accuracy. While AP is nice, the lack of accuracy will be very noticeable and turns out that AP is useless (no matter how much you have) of you're always missing. If you're grinding Valencia mobs or doing PvP, you'll want to stick to the Quitar offhand. Only use Estique if you're lvl 58+, have the Nouver offhand, or you're only sticking to PvE and sticking to mobs your own level.

-Tadd Shuriken/Kunai gives you a boost in evasion but the lack of accuracy and AP will leave you hitting like a wet noodle. Evasion isn't worth stacking at the loss of AP unless you're wanting some kind of weird ninja tank build like Final Fantasy 11 used.

-Kutum Shuriken/Kunai is BiS and godly for PvP because of its "ignore all resistances +10%", accuracy, and AP, Best of luck getting it!
Suggestion: Use Quitar offhand until you reach level 58, get upgraded Bheg’s gloves, or get Kutum offhand.

Armor Combinations-
Rocaba Chest/Feet & Grunil Helmet/Gloves
-This provides the user with 4 extra gem slots, a nice +5 AP, and a little extra HP/WP. Not a bad choice but most JP/KR PvPers would prefer the Extra AP and HP from Full grunil than the small boost to WP that Rocaba gives. If you're just starting out, it doesnt hurt to go this route until you know how to manage your WP properly then go full grunil for sure.

Taritas Chest/Feet & Grunil Helmet/Gloves
-Taritas gives a nice amount of WP but the loss of gem slots is a crucial blow to your efficiency as a ninja. You'll want to stick to full Grunil or the Grunil/Rocaba hybrid set and just leave Taritas to the Musa/Maehwa.

Full Grunil Set
-this gives you the 4 gem slots to customize your gear and another 7 AP to melt opponents before they know what hit them. A very good choice for pvp.

Full Rocaba Set
-This set puts the ninja into a more defensive role and limits the ninja quite a bit in its damage with a tradeoff of getting a small amount of evasion which you must stack a lot of to be useful but at a heavy cost. Evasion was extremely nerfed and not as valuable to the ninja until they hopefully buff it a little more some day. The 4 gem slots is amazing and gives you distinct control over the way you build your ninja to get you the stats you need for maximum efficiency. Not recommended for pvp.

Boss Armor/???
-This is obviously BiS. Once you start getting boss armor, you'll want to use gear that works without gear specific requirements for the set bonuses. Heve is a great set to pair up with boss gear because of the great boost of HP it gives and the lack of gear specific requirements to use the set bonuses.
Suggestion: use Grunil/Rocaba or full Grunil as a ninja. The Grunil helm/gloves combo is a must have for the ninja because 5 AP is a lot and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The extra 2 AP and 150 HP from Grunil chest/shoes is nice but can be substituted for Rocaba pieces if you're feeling constantly drained of WP (make sure you have lots of herbal juice to chug at all times to keep your WP up). If you feel you can manage your WP well, stick to full Grunil (which is also suggested by most top tier ninja pvpers like BJGodna, Zioku, Hihaku, and many other great players)

Accessories-
Belt:
Basilisk Belt : Base Ap : 5 Extra Effects : +80LT Upgrade : +3 Ap
Tree Spirit Belt : Base Ap : 5 Extra Effects : +80LT & +1 Accuracy Upgrade : +1 Accuracy & +2 Ap
Belt of Shultz : Base Ap : 3 Extra Effects : +50LT Upgrade : +10 LT & +2 Ap
Ancient Weapon Core : Base Ap : 4 Extra Effects : +50LT & 4 Dp Upgrade : +10LT & +1 Ap & +1 Dp
Suggestion: BiS is Basilisk Belt but pricey if you can even find it. All the other 3 options mentioned are great choices to use. Until you can get your hands on a Basilisk Belt, start upgrading what you got or get one already upgraded.

Earrings:
Tungrad Earring: Base AP: 7 Extra Effects: Ulti +10% Upgrade: +2 AP
Witch's Earring : Base Ap : 5 Extra Effects : None Upgrade : +2 Ap
Blue Whale Earring : Base Ap : 5 Extra Effects : +100 HP Upgrade +2 AP
Fugitive Calcs Earring : Base Ap 5 Extra Effects : +50 Stamina & Max MP/WP/SP Upgrade : +2 Ap, +20 Stamina & Max MP/WP/SP
Red Coral Earring : Base Ap : 2 Extra Effects : Accuracy +3 & Stamina +50 Upgrade : +2 Ap +1 Accuracy
Suggestion: Blue Whale and even more, Tungrad Earrings are BiS but extremely rare and expensive. You should be using Red Coral Earrings until you can afford the BiS earrings.

Rings:
Mark of Shadow : Base Ap : 5 Extra Effects : None Upgrade : +2 Ap
Ring of Crescent Guardian : Base Ap : 5 Extra Effects : None Upgrade : +3 Ap
Blue Coral Ring : Base Ap : 5 Extra Effects : +25 Max MP/WP/SP Upgrade : +1 Ap & +5 Max MP/WP/SP
Red Coral Ring : Base Ap : 4 Extra Effects : 3 Dp & +50 Stamina Upgrade : +1 Ap & +1 Dp
Suggestion: BiS is Ring of Cresent Guardian but it's extremely expensive, You should use a combination of Red Coral and Blue Coral rings until you amass enough money to buy BiS.

Necklace:
Necklace of Shultz the Gladiator : Base Ap : 7 Extra Effets : None Upgrade : +3 Ap
Sichil Necklace : Base Ap : 7 Extra Effects : 3 Dp Upgrade : +3 Ap & +2 Dp
Ogre Ring : Base Ap : 10 Extra Effects : None Upgrade : +5 Ap
Ancient Guardian's Seal: Base AP: 6 Extra Effects: +5 Acc Upgrade: +2 AP & +1 DP
Suggestion: Go with Ancient Guardian's Seal or Sichil until you can afford a an upgraded Ogre Ring or Necklace of Shultz.

Gems:
Main hand : Use a mixture of atk speed or crit crystals to plug the holes on your stats until you have both stats at 5.
Off hand : Black Spirit Crystal hands down
Helmet : Knockdown resistance is the best bit you can use HP if you never PvP
Chest : HP and maybe WP if you’re struggling hardcore
Gloves : Attack Speed to fill your stats to 5
Shoes : Movement Speed and/or Red Battlefield Crystal Adamantin

Skill Breakdown and Builds:

Ninja Skill Build (this is the build you’ll want to push for ASAP) I leveled to lvl 50 with this build in under 3 hours using gear that's under +15

Kunoichi Skill Build (this is the build you’ll want to push for ASAP)
1-55 ---

Leveling Tips:
If it's your first time Leveling a character on BDO, I'd highly highly suggest doing all the quests you find in the game and not rush to high level. These quests give extremely useful rewards that increase your inventory slots, max energy points, and max contribution points. They also help you gain knowledge on people, places, and things that give you advantages later on. In this game, knowledge is power!

If you know all about that level grind due to past experience in BDO and leveled characters before, you know the importance of doing your black spirit quests. Make sure you do them for those quest chains, inventory slots, gems, and reaching level 50. Here's some good spots to grind to level 55+ to start you off.

LvX-20: Scarecrows

Lv20-25 Rebels

Lv25-30 Cultists

Lv30-33 Red Orcs

Lv33-37 Khuruto Cave

Lv38-40 Possessed Humans

Lv40-45 Chimeras

Lv45-50 Catfish

Lv50-53 Elric Shrine

Lv53-55 Sausans

Lv56-60 Pirates/Cresent Shrine/Desert Fogans

General Tips for Success:

-Always carry around plenty of Grain Juice and Herbal Juice in your inventory and masses more stockpiled at your “home base”. These weigh much less than health potions and can be mass produced with processing and workers slaving away at grain and herb farms. It’s always a good decision to spam these in pvp to keep yourself topped off and ready for action.

-Make sure to level up your Health (always be eating), Stamina (afk running on auto loop), and Strength (afk walking with trade packs on) ASAP to be more competitive in the long haul in PvP and PvE.

-Use i-frame abilities defensively to avoid incoming damage and know when your enemies are about to use powerful attacks through movements, habits, and general skill knowledge of other classes.

-Make sure to do the quests suggested on the quest log interface (especially ones from the black spirit and the inventory expansion slot quests), these are crucial for character development later on.

Basic Animation Canceling for Ninja/Kunoichi:

Non Awakening:
Throw Shuriken -> Shadow Stomp [RMB -> S+E]
Floor Sweeping -> Shadow Stomp [S+F -> S+E]
Star Flight -> Shadow Stomp [S+Q -> S+E]
Suggestion: use "throw shuriken" to cancel shadow stomp as its the quickest and easiest.

Awakening:
Murderous Intent -> Drastic Measure [SHIFT+LMB -> SHIFT+RMB]
Transition Stance -> Lower Transition Stance -> Ghost Step [RMB -> RMB -> SHIFT+A/D]

these are also great videos explaining it with visuals-
and
and

Other Guides, Videos, and References:

This guide was created through a mixture of my own personal knowledge and experience, other people's advice and experience, other guides, videos, and tips. I cannot claim that this guide was purely created from my own knowledge therefore I will be listing references of other online sources of information I used to create this comprehensive guide to the ninja/kunoichi class in combination of my own experience and knowledge of the game and the classes. I cherry picked several things from these guides that I believed to be the most accurate, valid, and true.

BG's guide to ninja!

The Black Desert Bible v.1.6

Hakklo's WIP Detailed Kunoichi Guide

*Other shoutouts go to BJGodna, Solamis, BG, Hakklo, and Cryy for helping me make this guide!

This guide will be added to over time with the most accurate and correct information available. I'd love to hear your guys' CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on the guide and I am willing to discuss further about the ninja and kunoichi classes and answer any questions that I can. Please keep the conversations constructive and positive to reduce the chance of this thread being locked due to other forum members violating the Terms of Service. Thanks in advance! zyAWTMIfgI3g1Ws3iF05Zw5eDQQBVRCMz6JlEC_t
Edited by Nayriko
25 people like this

Posted (edited)

Skill calculator from this topic out of date... here you can see correct skill calculator http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/ and for build go to KR http://black.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/simulator/simulator_list.php?sf=cate2&job=1

쿠노이치  -  Kunoichi
닌자  -  Ninja

OFC most of this info (gear etc) are correct but build not realy. For begining this is good build and combo list http://www.blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/09/23/kunoichi-class-guide/ after 45 you get chance to full reset skill tree with 7 day "delay".

Edited by Niebieski

Posted

Last Updated: 7/17/16

-Introduction

-The Basics

-Gearing Tips

-Gems

-Leveling Tips

-References

Introduction:

Hey I'm Nayriko. I've been playing ninja/kunoichi for quite a while now on both the Japanese server and Korean servers. I really enjoy the ninja class and usually play the ninja/assassin/rogue/thief class in every RPG and MMO that I play. I believe the ninja/kun requires a very specific mindset and play style to be effective and to fully enjoy the class. That being said, the ninja is not for everyone. I am by no means an expert or pro and this guide is based off of opinion and suggestions by myself and other great guides compiled into this guide. You do not have to agree with the information below as it is your right to disagree with whatever. That being said, let's begin!

I’ll also begin streaming ninja gameplay on my new twitch account once the class is released in NA/EU on Twitch for anyone who wishes to watch! Follow me and see what the class is all about!

https://www.twitch.tv/Nayriko

-Pearl Abyss did a great job capturing the vision and concept of the Japanese Ninja/Kunoichi. The class is an assassin that uses speed and agility to take down its opponents and has a large toolkit of mysterious ninjutsu and weapon attacks using blades and sharp throwing projectiles. The class is agile and squishy and relies on i-frames to avoid damage as taking too many direct hits will quickly end the ninja’s rampage. It’s important to understand the Ninja/Kunoichi’s role as an assassin that uses tricks and fast/hard hitting attacks to get in, kill someone, and get out before the enemy knows what hit them. This guerilla warfare tactic the class is designed for is a great addition to standard battles in the Black Desert Universe. Make sure to learn the class well through practice and use of this guide to master the class and show other shinobi the true potential the class has to offer :)

Gearing Tips:

Main hand-
Yuria Shortsword is the best weapon overall to use and enhance until you get your hands on the much more rare and expensive Liverto Shortsword or Kzarka Shortsword. Kzarka is amazing but hard to obtain without amazing luck or massive amounts of wealth. Ranking system so far based on current items in the game:
Kzarka Shortsword (best)
Yuria Shortsword (good)
Suggestion: I'd suggest buying a Liverto or Kzarka already enhanced to 15+ from the market instead of enhancing one yourself to save a lot of money and reduce hair loss from the stress caused in failing your enhancements. Right now they are pretty hard to snipe on the marketplace but it will get easier to find them the longer the game is available.

Offhand-
-Quitar Shuriken/Kunai is the best for pvp until you get upgraded Bhegs gloves and/or nouver offhand. Accuracy is extremely important even at lvl 56 and only starts to lose its effectiveness around lvl 58 (unless new content comes out before you reach that point)

-Estique Shuriken/Kunai gives an extra boost of AP at the cost of the increase of accuracy. While AP is nice, the lack of accuracy will be very noticeable and turns out that AP is useless (no matter how much you have) of you're always missing. If you're grinding Valencia mobs or doing PvP, you'll want to stick to the Quitar offhand. Only use Estique if you're lvl 58+, have the Nouver offhand, or you're only sticking to PvE and sticking to mobs your own level.

-Tadd Shuriken/Kunai gives you a boost in evasion but the lack of accuracy and AP will leave you hitting like a wet noodle. Evasion isn't worth stacking at the loss of AP unless you're wanting some kind of weird ninja tank build like Final Fantasy 11 used.

-Nouver Shuriken/Kunai is BiS and godly for PvP! Best of luck getting it!

Suggestion: Use Quitar offhand until you reach level 58, get upgraded Bheg’s gloves, or get Nouver offhand.

Armor Combinations-
-This provides the user with 4 extra gem slots, extra ap, and extra evasion. Evasion was extremely nerfed and not as valuable to the ninja until they hopefully buff it a little more some day. The 4 gem slots is amazing and gives you distinct control over the way you build your ninja to get you the stats you need for maximum efficiency.

-Taritas gives a nice amount of WP but the loss of gem slots is a crucial blow to your efficiency as a ninja. You'll want to stick to full Grunil or the Grunil/Rocaba hybrid set and just leave Taritas to the Musa/Maehwa.

Full Grunil Set
-this gives you the 4 gem slots to customize your gear and another 7 AP to melt opponents before they know what hit them. A very good choice for pvp.

Full Rocaba Set
-This set puts the ninja into a more defensive role and limits the ninja quite a bit in its damage with a tradeoff of getting a small amount of evasion which you must stack a lot of to be useful but at a heavy cost. Not recommended for pvp.

Boss Armor/???
-This is obviously BiS. Once you start getting boss armor, you'll want to use gear that works without gear specific requirements for the set bonuses. Heve is a great set to pair up with boss gear because of the great boost of HP it gives and the lack of gear specific requirements to use the set bonuses.

Suggestion: use Grunil/Rocaba or full Grunil as a ninja. The Grunil helm/gloves combo is a must have for the ninja because 5 AP is a lot and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The extra 2 AP and 150 HP from Grunil chest/shoes is nice but can be substituted for Rocaba pieces if you're feeling constantly drained of WP (make sure you have lots of herbal juice to chug at all times to keep your WP up). If you feel you can manage your WP well, stick to full Grunil. (which is also suggested by most top tier ninja pvpers like BJGodna, Zioku, Hihaku, and many other great players).

Accessories-

Belt:

Tree Spirit Belt : Base Ap : 5 Extra Effects : +80LT & +1 Accuracy Upgrade : +1 Accuracy & +2 Ap

Ancient Weapon Core : Base Ap : 4 Extra Effects : +50LT & 4 Dp Upgrade : +10LT & +1 Ap & +1 Dp

Suggestion: BiS is Basilisk Belt but stupid pricey if you can even find it. All the other 3 options mentioned are great choices to use. Until you can get your hands on a Basilisk Belt, start upgrading what you got or get one already upgraded.

Earrings:

Fugitive Calcs Earring : Base Ap 5 Extra Effects : +50 Stamina & Max MP/WP/SP Upgrade : +2 Ap, +20 Stamina & Max MP/WP/SP

Blue Coral Earring : Base Ap : 4 Extra Effects : +25 Max MP/WP/SP Upgrade : +2 Ap

Red Coral Earring : Base Ap : 2 Extra Effects : Accuracy +3 & Stamina +50 Upgrade : +2 Ap +1 Accuracy

Suggestion: Blue Whale and Fugitive Earrings are BiS but extremely rare and expensive. You should be using Blue Coral and Red Coral Earrings (any combo of the two will work) until you can afford the BiS earrings.

Rings:

Blue Coral Ring : Base Ap : 5 Extra Effects : +25 Max MP/WP/SP Upgrade : +1 Ap & +5 Max MP/WP/SP

Red Coral Ring : Base Ap : 4 Extra Effects : 3 Dp & +50 Stamina Upgrade : +1 Ap & +1 Dp

Suggestion: BiS is Ring of Cresent Guardian is BiS but extremely expensive, You should use a combination of Red Coral and Blue Coral Earrings until you amass enough money to buy BiS.

Necklace:

Scarla Necklace : Base Ap : 5 Extra Effets : 5 Dp Upgrade : +1 Ap & +1 Dp

Suggestion: Go with Scarla Necklace until you can afford an upgraded Ogre Ring (BiS) or Sichil Necklace.

Gems:
Main hand : Attack Speed & Crit Crystals depending on what weapon you are using.

Off hand : Black Spirit Crystal or Luck Crystals

Helmet : Knockdown resistance

Gloves : Attack Speed Crystals

Shoes : Movement

Speed and/or Red Battlefield Crystal Adamantine

Skill Breakdown and Builds: (skill builder out of date and won't be accurate for NA/EU release but will redo calculator build once accurate for NA/EU)

Ninja Skill Build (this is the build you’ll want to push for ASAP)

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/ninja/28278

General utility skills should be first priority and then skills such as Heartseeker, Pressure Point Stab, and all the shuriken skills should be next to snatch up.

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/kunoichi/22039

General utility skills should be first priority and then skills such as Heartseeker, Pressure Point Stab,Kunai Stab, and all the Kunai skills should be next to snatch up.

Skill Breakdown:

*This is still under construction until the classes are released due to probable name changes of skills for both the Ninja and Kunoichi. A lot of other things such as hotkeys, scaling, and stats will most likely be changed on the NA/EU version of the game as well. This section will be added once the classes are out and properly tested.

*I’ll also be adding a section about animation canceling as well once the class is released and can test the changes made to the Ninja/Kunoichi for the NA?EU version which may also include me making a video to demonstrate!

Leveling Tips:

If it's your first time Leveling a character on BDO, I'd highly highly suggest doing all the quests you find in the game and not rush to high level. These quests give extremely useful rewards that increase your inventory slots, max energy points, and max contribution points. They also help you gain knowledge on people, places, and things that give you advantages later on. In this game, knowledge is power!

If you know all about that level grind due to past experience in BDO and leveled characters before, you know the importance of doing your black spirit quests. Make sure you do them for those quest chains, inventory slots, gems, and reaching level 50. Here's some good spots to grind to level 55+ to start you off.

http://i.imgur.com/XX8KHFU.png

Lv20-25 Rebels

http://i.imgur.com/L2Tt2jZ.png

Lv25-30 Cultists

http://imgur.com/3HZHb6U

Lv30-33 Red Orcs

http://i.imgur.com/3wzpsVF.jpg

Lv33-37 Khuruto Cave

http://i.imgur.com/KLDfz1Q.png

Lv38-40 Possessed Humans

http://i.imgur.com/F9K0GT9.png

Lv40-45 Chimeras

http://imgur.com/xiAdp5T

Lv45-50 Catfish

http://imgur.com/AN9TUcU

Lv50-55 Pirates

-Always carry around plenty of Grain Juice and Herbal Juice in your inventory and masses more stockpiled at your “home base”. These weigh much less than health potions and can be mass produced with processing and workers slaving away at grain and herb farms. It’s always a good decision to spam these in pvp to keep yourself topped off and ready for action.

-Make sure to level up your Health (always be eating), Stamina (afk running on auto loop), and Strength (afk walking with trade packs on) ASAP to be more competitive in the long haul in PvP and PvE.

-Use i-frame abilities defensively to avoid incoming damage and know when your enemies are about to use powerful attacks through movements, habits, and general skill knowledge of other classes.

-Make sure to do the quests suggested on the quest log interface (especially ones from the black spirit and the inventory expansion slot quests), these are crucial for character development later on.

This guide was created through a mixture of my own personal knowledge and experience, other people's advice and experience, other guides, videos, and tips. I cannot claim that this guide was purely created from my own knowledge therefore I will be listing references of other online sources of information I used to create this comprehensive guide to the ninja/kunoichi class in combination of my own experience and knowledge of the game and the classes. I cherry picked several things from these guides that I believed to be the most accurate, valid, and true.

Artigan's Ninja Recommendations (WIP)
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/66519-artigans-ninja-recommendations-wip/

Cryy's Black Desert Ninja & Kunoichi Gearing
https://youtu.be/fCqUPnmyGP0

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E/preview

This guide will be added to over time with the most accurate and correct information available. I'd love to hear your guys' CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on the guide and I am willing to discuss further about the ninja and kunoichi classes and answer any questions that I can (if for some reason I dont know the answer to one of your questions, i'll confer with my pro ninja guildies on the JP server for an answer if there even is one for the public to know due to Pearl Abyss' secrecy about certain things). Please keep the conversations constructive and positive to reduce the chance of this thread being locked due to other forum members violating the Terms of Service. Thanks in advance! :)

Such an amazing guide but atm kinda stuck with my valk gear who's already using Steel Taritas 2x and Grunil 2x +15 :( and also trying to get least few mils to afford blue coral earrings 2x to replace magical earrings ...

Posted

Nice to see people helping other people out ! Great guide.

Posted (edited)

Just one note about the lvl areas, depends about your gear but usually you can skip some annoying areas.

My last char got this way Lv-20: Scarecrows->Al Rhundi->Cultist until the turn Red-White then Orcs->Bandits until 34 then Owls (North of Florin) until 39. At 34 the are purple but the are easy.

Lv20-25 Rebels

Lv25-30 Cultists

Lv30-33 Red Orcs

Lv33-37 Khuruto Cave

Lv38-40 Possessed Humans

Lv40-45 Chimeras

Lv45-50 Catfish

Lv50-55 Pirates

After that Chimeras and you can do later Manshas/Catfish or if you still need some equipment like Tree Spirit Belt you could kill the "Tree" mobs there and get exp on the way......

Edited by Zardoz71

Posted

I really hope you're Hakklo, otherwise this is basic copy and paste of other people's work.

Posted (edited)

your suggestion for rings confused me, Ill assume you meant ring? Suggestion: BiS is Ring of Cresent Guardian is BiS but extremely expensive, You should use a combination of Red Coral and Blue Coral Earrings until you amass enough money to buy BiS.

Edited by RyoukoAsami

Posted

your suggestion for rings confused me, Ill assume you meant ring? Suggestion: BiS is Ring of Cresent Guardian is BiS but extremely expensive, You should use a combination of Red Coral and Blue Coral Earrings until you amass enough money to buy BiS.

thanks for pointing out the typo! Fixed!

Posted

What if i don't have the gold to farm or toon and yet stuck with Magical Sealed power would that still work till coral ?

Posted

What if i don't have the gold to farm or toon and yet stuck with Magical Sealed power would that still work till coral ?

yes that's a great ring that you can continuously upgrade until you can afford the silver required to by Blue coral rings :)

Posted

Thoughs on MoS? or is the 25 wp is better?

Posted

Thoughs on MoS? or is the 25 wp is better?

MoS Pri and especially Duo starts to outshine blue coral as long as you know how to manage your WP correctly. WP control is extremely important as a ninja because you need to always have enough WP for a quick iframe to dodge a devastating CC or big burst from the enemy team.

Posted

Suppose ill sell my witch and mos and go to pri blue earring and coral, more money saved from 1ap lost, dont plan to do duo them until i tri the rest of my armor.

Posted (edited)

Last Updated: 7/17/16

google docs link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14CHLDDqs3gXec-_ymA1RNs0t8nmzmuVugO6DWUROyFs/edit

-Introduction

-The Basics

-Gearing Tips

-Gems

-Leveling Tips

-References

Introduction:

https://www.twitch.tv/Nayriko

-Pearl Abyss did a great job capturing the vision and concept of the Japanese Ninja/Kunoichi. The class is an assassin that uses speed and agility to take down its opponents and has a large toolkit of mysterious ninjutsu and weapon attacks using blades and sharp throwing projectiles. The class is agile and squishy and relies on i-frames to avoid damage as taking too many direct hits will quickly end the ninja’s rampage. It’s important to understand the Ninja/Kunoichi’s role as an assassin that uses tricks and fast/hard hitting attacks to get in, kill someone, and get out before the enemy knows what hit them. This guerilla warfare tactic the class is designed for is a great addition to standard battles in the Black Desert Universe. Make sure to learn the class well through practice and use of this guide to master the class and show other shinobi the true potential the class has to offer :)

Gearing Tips:

Main hand-

Yuria Shortsword is the best weapon overall to use and enhance until you get your hands on the much more rare and expensive Liverto Shortsword or Kzarka Shortsword. Kzarka is amazing but hard to obtain without amazing luck or massive amounts of wealth. Ranking system so far based on current items in the game:

Kzarka Shortsword (best)

Yuria Shortsword (good)

Offhand-

-Nouver Shuriken/Kunai is BiS and godly for PvP! Best of luck getting it!

Suggestion: Use Quitar offhand until you reach level 58, get upgraded Bheg’s gloves, or get Nouver offhand.

Armor Combinations-

-This provides the user with 4 extra gem slots, extra ap, and extra evasion. Evasion was extremely nerfed and not as valuable to the ninja until they hopefully buff it a little more some day. The 4 gem slots is amazing and gives you distinct control over the way you build your ninja to get you the stats you need for maximum efficiency.

Full Grunil Set

Full Rocaba Set

-This set puts the ninja into a more defensive role and limits the ninja quite a bit in its damage with a tradeoff of getting a small amount of evasion which you must stack a lot of to be useful but at a heavy cost. Not recommended for pvp.

Boss Armor/???

Suggestion: use Grunil/Rocaba or full Grunil as a ninja. The Grunil helm/gloves combo is a must have for the ninja because 5 AP is a lot and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The extra 2 AP and 150 HP from Grunil chest/shoes is nice but can be substituted for Rocaba pieces if you're feeling constantly drained of WP (make sure you have lots of herbal juice to chug at all times to keep your WP up). If you feel you can manage your WP well, stick to full Grunil (which is also suggested by most top tier ninja pvpers like BJGodna, Zioku, Hihaku, and many other great players)

Accessories-

Belt:

Suggestion: BiS is Basilisk Belt but stupid pricey if you can even find it. All the other 3 options mentioned are great choices to use. Until you can get your hands on a Basilisk Belt, start upgrading what you got or get one already upgraded.

Earrings:

Blue Coral Earring : Base Ap : 4 Extra Effects : +25 Max MP/WP/SP Upgrade : +2 Ap

Suggestion: Blue Whale and Fugitive Earrings are BiS but extremely rare and expensive. You should be using Blue Coral and Red Coral Earrings (any combo of the two will work) until you can afford the BiS earrings.

Rings:

Suggestion: BiS is Ring of Cresent Guardian but it's extremely expensive, You should use a combination of Red Coral and Blue Coral rings until you amass enough money to buy BiS.

Necklace:

Scarla Necklace : Base Ap : 5 Extra Effets : 5 Dp Upgrade : +1 Ap & +1 Dp

Suggestion: Go with Scarla Necklace until you can afford an upgraded Ogre Ring (BiS) or Sichil Necklace

Gems:

Main hand : Use a mixture of atk speed or crit crystals to plug the holes on your stats until you have both stats at 5.

Off hand : Black Spirit Crystal hands down

Helmet : Knockdown resistance is the best bit you can use HP if you never PvP

Gloves : Attack Speed to fill your stats to 5

Shoes : Movement Speed and/or Red Battlefield Crystal Adamantine

Skill Breakdown and Builds: (skill calculator used is out of date and will be redone once there's a new calculator update for NA/EU version of Ninja/Kunoichi is released.

Ninja Skill Build (this is the build you’ll want to push for ASAP)

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/ninja/28278

General utility skills should be first priority and then skills such as Heartseeker, Pressure Point Stab, and all the shuriken skills should be next to snatch up.

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/kunoichi/22039

General utility skills should be first priority and then skills such as Heartseeker, Pressure Point Stab,Kunai Stab, and all the Kunai skills should be next to snatch up.

Skill Breakdown:

*This is still under construction until the classes are released due to probable name changes of skills for both the Ninja and Kunoichi. A lot of other things such as hotkeys, scaling, and stats will most likely be changed on the NA/EU version of the game as well. This section will be added once the classes are out and properly tested.

*I’ll also be adding a section about animation canceling as well once the class is released and can test the changes made to the Ninja/Kunoichi for the NA?EU version which may also include me making a video to demonstrate!

Leveling Tips:

http://i.imgur.com/XX8KHFU.png

Lv20-25 Rebels

http://i.imgur.com/L2Tt2jZ.png

Lv25-30 Cultists

http://imgur.com/3HZHb6U

Lv30-33 Red Orcs

http://i.imgur.com/3wzpsVF.jpg

Lv33-37 Khuruto Cave

http://i.imgur.com/KLDfz1Q.png

Lv38-40 Possessed Humans

http://i.imgur.com/F9K0GT9.png

Lv40-45 Chimeras

http://imgur.com/xiAdp5T

Lv45-50 Catfish

http://imgur.com/AN9TUcU

Lv50-55 Pirates

Cryy's Black Desert Ninja & Kunoichi Gearing

https://youtu.be/fCqUPnmyGP0

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E/preview

http://black-desert.com/forums/blog/index.php/Entry/77-WIP-Detailed-Kunoichi-Guide/

*Other shoutouts go to BJGodna, Solamis, Zuriek, Hakklo, and Cryy for helping me make this guide!

This guide will be added to over time with the most accurate and correct information available. I'd love to hear your guys' CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on the guide and I am willing to discuss further about the ninja and kunoichi classes and answer any questions that I can (if for some reason I dont know the answer to one of your questions, i'll confer with my pro ninja guildies on the JP server for an answer if there even is one for the public to know due to Pearl Abyss' secrecy about certain things). Please keep the conversations constructive and positive to reduce the chance of this thread being locked due to other forum members violating the Terms of Service. Thanks in advance! :)

I appreciate you trying to complete my guide but copy pasting and basically just altering the coloring is kind of a douchebag move ...

EDIT : You even copied my skillbuild link lol

Edited by hakklo
8 people like this

Posted

Lol Hakklo seems your guide was the best thought out one and presented it the best in terms of gear and skill build. :P Anyways be happy it looks like your guide is the core foundation, and its going to be built upon, took me awhile to find a good layout guide as yours. 

1 person likes this

Posted

He complied information from various sources and even credited you..... kind of a douchebag move yourself lol.

He wasn't stealing or taking work.... just giving us a resource thats more complete rather than search the forums for several bits of info scattered about.

http://black-desert.com/forums/blog/index.php/Entry/77-WIP-Detailed-Kunoichi-Guide/

*Other shoutouts go to BJGodna, Solamis, Zuriek, Hakklo, and Cryy for helping me make this guide!

i dont wanna be rude but i'd say 80% of his guide is copy paste of mine which is kind of rude to do without asking me, i mean dont mind him using it i just feel kind of dumped cause i did not get asked before hand.

2 people like this

Posted

i dont wanna be rude but i'd say 80% of his guide is copy paste of mine which is kind of rude to do without asking me, i mean dont mind him using it i just feel kind of dumped cause i did not get asked before hand.

ROFL

Posted

He complied information from various sources and even credited you..... kind of a douchebag move yourself lol.

He wasn't stealing or taking work.... just giving us a resource thats more complete rather than search the forums for several bits of info scattered about.

He straight up copies and pastes other people's works and posts it as the header that HE created the guide. If OP intended it on being compiled, he just had to make a list of links and title thread as 'Compilation of Kunoichi resources' or something to that effect. Instead, he tries to pass off this as his own, AND didn't even ask these guys if it was ok. It is a douchebag move.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

First of all, I obviously didn't try to pass anything off as mine since I had an accurate references section (I'm a college craduate I know how to cite sources).

@hakklo , your guide had a lot of great info which is nice but about 30% of it was incorrect and i didn't want to use info thay wasn't accurate. Also hakklo, i only used 2 things from your guide. 1) The kuno skill build link (which is outdated and I need to create a new one this week for it) and 2) the lists of accessories in the game (which isnt your intellectual property, just a list of items).  The rest was either from my own knowledge or.maybe a different guide. (If anything else seems to match up between your guide and mine then it just means you were correct on your choices as they were the same as what I used on JP/KR. Hope this helps:)

Btw hakklo (and your cheer leader "raging phoinix"), if it makes you feel any better, I never asked for permission from the original sources to cite any of the sources I referenced for my term papers in college either:/

Edited by Nayriko
6 people like this

Posted

Any thoughts on heve boots/chest for 100 more HP at the cost of 2 AP compared to grunil?

Posted

Any thoughts on heve boots/chest for 100 more HP at the cost of 2 AP compared to grunil?

Since you can upgrade them now to a ultimate version, why not.

I will stick to Grunil Helm/Gloves +5AP and Taritas Chest/Boots WP+100/5%evasion. My old set from my Tamer will do it.

Still in upgrading process for the boss gear pieces I have for another char, so no option..........

Posted

you could do that. Health issues Can be solved by increasing your strength and gems. The AP bonus from Grunil is always nice. Enhancing your heve though now will put you in a better position if you ever land any boss gear ;)

Posted

you could do that. Health issues Can be solved by increasing your strength and gems. The AP bonus from Grunil is always nice. Enhancing your heve though now will put you in a better position if you ever land any boss gear ;)

I have full ultimate grunil atm at PRI (50 hard so hopefully TRI as the armor stones roll in for fail stacks), I just read on reddit about the gear discussion and it seemed like most wanted to use heve rather than grunil chest/boots for the hp rather than AP, thought maybe it'd be a viable option to add to your guide

Posted

Two questions:

1. So I can't afford the BIS earrings and rings, would you recommend using 2xblue ring, 2xblue earring?

2. What's the difference between ninja and kunoichi?

Posted

Two questions:

1. So I can't afford the BIS earrings and rings, would you recommend using 2xblue ring, 2xblue earring?

2. What's the difference between ninja and kunoichi?

i'd just go for an assortment of red/blue coral rings/earrings [whichever stats you feel starved on with your playstyle (stam or wp) just plug the holes with those 4 accessories]